Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Defense Remains Solid in Hogs' Final Preseason Scrimmage

Started by Mike Irwin, August 23, 2015, 12:10:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

In an opening series against the No. 2 defense Razorback quarterback Brandon Allen looked sharp completing three quick passes in the second and final scrimmage of August Camp. The Hogs' 5th year senior then misfired on a screen pass and was promptly picked off by junior defensive linemen Jeremiah Ledbetter who took the ball to the house.

"We didn't run a lot of screens a year ago so one of the things we have to do is continue to work screens in stressful situations," head coach Bret Bielema explained after the scrimmage. "Everybody thinks it's just a short little pass but it's all about timing and a lot of times there's some traffic in there. Our defense does a nice job of retracing. We ran that one into some pressure. It's something new for our quarterback. The thing I like about it, it's getting the ball into the hands of our creative play makers, our running backs. There was one on the goal line that looked pretty good."
------------------------
http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/defense-dominates-hogs-final-camp-scrimmage

presidenthog

honestly I think if we had lost keon instead of jwill that it would have been catastrophic. the dude is a huge piece to our offense.

factchecker

Quote from: presidenthog on August 23, 2015, 12:36:47 am
honestly I think if we had lost keon instead of jwill that it would have been catastrophic. the dude is a huge piece to our offense.

I agree 100%.  Not only is he important to the passing game, he is an integral part of the running game.  Keon is by far our best blocker on the edge. 

https://twitter.com/woopigsooie/status/549775369939984385
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Oklahawg

Go watch Hatcher's feet this fall. They were good before - they are unreal now.

Trust OH.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

gmarv

Quote from: presidenthog on August 23, 2015, 12:36:47 am
it will hurt to lose j-will but I,m with you.keon is much harder to replace.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: factchecker on August 23, 2015, 01:02:38 am
I agree 100%.  Not only is he important to the passing game, he is an integral part of the running game.  Keon is by far our best blocker on the edge. 

Agreed. I was telling people last season he's the best blocker on the team.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on August 23, 2015, 07:19:00 am
Agreed. I was telling people last season he's the best blocker on the team.
We didn't have a receiver on the field last year that didn't block well!