Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB scrimmage recap

Started by Lake City Hog, August 22, 2015, 08:56:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

He said they are getting their 70-man travel roster together.

Why don't they travel with more? Are they mandated to only travel with 70 (by the NCAA or SEC) or is that a choice?

ricepig

Quote from: NuttinItUp on August 22, 2015, 09:15:37 pm
He said they are getting their 70-man travel roster together.

Why don't they travel with more? Are they mandated to only travel with 70 or is that a choice?

SEC limit

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2015, 09:17:15 pm
SEC limit
Is that just for conference play or non-conference as well?
Just wondering why a conference would put themselves at a disadvantage like that.

ricepig

Quote from: NuttinItUp on August 22, 2015, 09:20:03 pm
Is that just for conference play or non-conference as well?
Just wondering why a conference would put themselves at a disadvantage like that.

Conference games, but I believe Bielema has treated LR as they same as a conference road game in the past, same with TTech last year.

NuttinItUp

His answer about the Town transfer was interesting.

Pigasaurus

First Jen with a black helmet and now coach with a black hog cap....hmmm
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: pigasaurus on August 22, 2015, 11:23:17 pm
First Jen with a black helmet and now coach with a black hog cap....hmmm

I think he's hinting at a new windbreaker.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Hogarusa

How is 70 players a disadvantage?
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hoghiker

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 23, 2015, 09:40:53 am
If you divide 70 by 3 then add two you can see where it might put you in the hole. It's complicated. Most people just don't see it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hoghiker on August 23, 2015, 11:18:33 am
If you divide 70 by 3 then add two you can see where it might put you in the hole. It's complicated. Most people just don't see it.

That's because most people on this board played on HS teams with about 40 players tops... LOL..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Biggus Piggus

Can you imagine how much water weight he would lose in September with a black windbreaker?
[CENSORED]!

Suidae Suis Scrofa

August 23, 2015, 07:16:44 pm #12 Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 07:26:48 pm by Suidae Suis Scrofa
Why do you think Coach said he'd like to have a little bit more Jews?  Do Jews play better at some positions than non-Jews do?   ;D

-phil

(By the way I posted this in jest, not trying to start a racist rant session.  Listen to the video at 19 seconds)

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 23, 2015, 09:40:53 am
Apparently in the SEC, the home team can dress 95 and play up to 80, while the visiting team can only dress/play 70.
80 > 70.

Specifically related to the question asked though, it was about SEC vs. non-SEC. So, if the SEC limited travel teams to 70 against a non-conference opponent who could play 80 or 90 or whatever their conference rule was, then it would put the SEC team at a disadvantage. Thus, the SEC rule would hurt SEC teams against non-SEC teams. However, it appears that the rule does not apply to non-SEC teams, so the point is moot.

southeasthog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on August 22, 2015, 09:35:28 pm
His answer about the Town transfer was interesting.
If I'm not mistaken, that was the idiot that wrote the scathing piece about Town and Bielema. Yeah, he really asked the tough questions his "readers" demanded.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: southeasthog on August 24, 2015, 05:33:55 am
If I'm not mistaken, that was the idiot that wrote the scathing piece about Town and Bielema. Yeah, he really asked the tough questions his "readers" demanded.

The kid's nuts shriveled as he was coming up with his big question.
[CENSORED]!

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 24, 2015, 07:09:27 am

He did sound like a 7th grader.....

lefty08

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 24, 2015, 07:09:27 am

The best part was Bielema laughing at him. Brought a smile to my face. Coach doesn't give a damn what that idiot thinks
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Tyro3

Quote from: Suidae Suis Scrofa on August 23, 2015, 07:16:44 pm
Why do you think Coach said he'd like to have a little bit more Jews?  Do Jews play better at some positions than non-Jews do?   ;D

-phil

(By the way I posted this in jest, not trying to start a racist rant session.  Listen to the video at 19 seconds)

I think the word you are looking for is juice, but it did sound kind of odd.

GuvHog

Quote from: lefty08 on August 24, 2015, 09:35:29 am
The best part was Bielema laughing at him. Brought a smile to my face. Coach doesn't give a damn what that idiot thinks

I would imagine none of the Hog players or anyone on Bielema's staff gives a tinkers you know what and that includes Town.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PorkRinds

After Sark was wasted and using profanity at the kick off event, it would seem that "writer" should be able to see very clearly why Town left the train wreck that is about to become USC.