Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8/22 Scrimmage Updates

Started by scruf, August 22, 2015, 04:51:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 22, 2015, 07:46:04 pm
Yep, just the threat of a big play wr will open up things for the running game.
And other receivers.

ricepig

Quote from: Poppa Tart on August 22, 2015, 07:47:18 pm
That's still not 500.  Just sayin'

Well, I think Ty threw 2, not sure of the yards or completions, lol.

supersaint

Nique Reed made a highlight catch over a defender!
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

ricepig

Quote from: supersaint on August 22, 2015, 07:55:01 pm
Nique Reed made a highlight catch over a defender!

And dropped an easy one. Consistently and the playbook will determine his playing time. Although Bielema said in his PC, they have some plays they want him for.

supersaint

Quote from: ricepig on August 22, 2015, 07:57:35 pm
And dropped an easy one. Consistently and the playbook will determine his playing time. Although Bielema said in his PC, they have some plays they want him for.

Guile and skulduggery are his hallmarks. He'll be aight.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Austin Allen looks good in nearly every scrimmage but I guess that doesn't transfer to game time.  Maybe he takes chances with the ball that the staff doesn't like.  I surely do not know.

I wish BA had gotten another shot at the 1 defense.  I want him to tear those Guys up.

razorbacker3

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 22, 2015, 06:21:40 pm
Hmmmmm more catches by the backs than the rest of the team, that's different! :razorback:

Those are rushing stats for Walker and Williams

Woopig69

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 22, 2015, 06:21:40 pm
Hmmmmm more catches by the backs than the rest of the team, that's different! :razorback:
I could be wrong but I assumed it was talking about rushes for the RB's not catches.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

nwahogfan1

Quote from: fanofthehog on August 22, 2015, 04:53:13 pm
2 picks and we're supposed to breathe easier?!?!?!?  I think our secondary will do that to a lot of defenses this year.

I saw one Pick and it hit a WR and it was bobbled then before it was secured the defense took it away from him.  Great Defensive play. No fault of BA.

the other pick by the DE was on a Screen .  Dont know what happened there. 

scruf

Quote from: 12247 on August 22, 2015, 08:49:28 pm
Austin Allen looks good in nearly every scrimmage but I guess that doesn't transfer to game time.  Maybe he takes chances with the ball that the staff doesn't like.  I surely do not know.

I wish BA had gotten another shot at the 1 defense.  I want him to tear those Guys up.
How does anyone know if it transfers to game time or not? He's only attempted 16 passes spread out over 4 games as a redshirt freshman. Oh, the idiocy on here sometimes.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on August 23, 2015, 12:23:04 am
I saw one Pick and it hit a WR and it was bobbled then before it was secured the defense took it away from him.  Great Defensive play. No fault of BA.

CBB said in the post scrimmage PC that BA threw that one behind Keon, and that it bounced to the DB who made a nice play.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Choctaw Hog

August 23, 2015, 09:42:14 am #63 Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:41:10 am by Choctaw Hog
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 22, 2015, 04:59:27 pm
Great Secondary play this year, BA will throw few picks vs. opponents again this year.

This.  QBs throw interceptions and the defense sometimes intercepts the ball when it's thrown well and sometimes when it isn't thrown well.  But, I can guarantee that when the Arkansas defense intercepts a pass this year most posters will give props to the defensive on a great play.

Yet, when Allen throws an interception it will be because he stared down the receiver, under-threw the ball, didn't recognize the defense, didn't go through his progressions, didn't spot a wide open receiver, etc.  It will have nothing to do with the defense making a great play.  The criticism from the message board "experts" is as predictable as the sun rising in the East tomorrow.

The fascinating aspect to the criticism some posters spew towards players and coaches is that I believe there is a direct correlation between the frequency and severity of criticism and their own lack of success in any sport at any level and life in general. The less successful they are/were the more critical they are of others.   

onebadrubi

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 22, 2015, 07:46:04 pm
Yep, just the threat of a big play wr will open up things for the running game.

Nah gotta suck them in with the run game then hit the deep play.  Having the threat is great but once it hits 2-3 times then opposing teams are screwed.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 23, 2015, 09:59:04 am
Nah gotta suck them in with the run game then hit the deep play.  Having the threat is great but once it hits 2-3 times then opposing teams are screwed.

This.   Forcing D's to respect the passing game will open up the run game.  Once that happens, we go for the juggler with play action. When the offense is clicking, we will get big plays in both facets.   

lefty08

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on August 23, 2015, 10:14:16 am
This.   Forcing D's to respect the passing game will open up the run game.  Once that happens, we go for the juggler with play action. When the offense is clicking, we will get big plays in both facets.   

leave the juggler out of this!

He is just trying to earn a living!
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 23, 2015, 09:59:04 am

LOL!  Not sure whether it makes any difference with this team this year, if the defense respects your ability everything is situational.

TDHawgs

We either are going to have an even better defense this year or BA will throw more INT's this season.

lefty08

Quote from: TDHawgs on August 23, 2015, 10:40:55 am
We either are going to have an even better defense this year or BA will throw more INT's this season.

Curious why you think the strength of the defense correlates to more INTs
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Seebs

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on August 23, 2015, 10:14:16 am

We're trying to win football games and you are concerned about Mummenschanz. Come on man.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

The_Iceman

Quote from: lefty08 on August 23, 2015, 10:20:24 am

He never hurt nobody, no need to take out the juggler.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: TDHawgs on August 23, 2015, 10:40:55 am

May be both and I do think Allen will throw more interceptions this year because I think we will take more chances in the passing game, i.e. not settle on the "safe and sure" routes. 

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

lefty08

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hawgXi on August 22, 2015, 07:04:48 pm
True dat. Dees droppin gotta be stopped

See da k kk k koatuhback he take de bawl an trow it to da reeseevuh. If da reeseevuh don tatch da bawl de k kk k k koatuhback git b bb bad stats. den da reeseevuh don g gg git da bawl trowed to him no mo...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Lake City Hog

If you watch how our DB's are playing it is really a wonder that all of our QB's aren't throwing more interceptions and incompletions! They seem to arrive with the ball and 1 hand is batting at the receivers hands and the other arm is wrapping up.

Smith and Jennings are making a huge difference!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on August 23, 2015, 09:42:14 am
This.  QBs throw interceptions and the defense sometimes intercepts the ball when it's thrown well and sometimes when it isn't thrown well.  But, I can guarantee that when the Arkansas defense intercepts a pass this year most posters will give props to the defensive on a great play.

Yet, when Allen throws an interception it will be because he stared down the receiver, under-threw the ball, didn't recognize the defense, didn't go through his progressions, didn't spot a wide open receiver, etc.  It will have nothing to do with the defense making a great play.  The criticism from the message board "experts" is as predictable as the sun rising in the East tomorrow.

The fascinating aspect to the criticism some posters spew towards players and coaches is that I believe there is a direct correlation between the frequency and severity of criticism and their own lack of success in any sport at any level and life in general. The less successful they are/were the more critical they are of others.
This is one of the greatest posts I've ever seen!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

gmarv

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 23, 2015, 10:45:58 am
He never hurt nobody, no need to take out the juggler.
sometimes you just don,t like the juggler so he,ll have to be taken out.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

In all seriousness, has BA even had an uncontested completion? I have seen no film of a seriously wide open WR. If he is completing these throws under tight coverage our team is gonna be an extra tough out. I am really getting excited, nervous and down right giddy at the same time. I'm too old to feel like it's Christmas morning, but I do...  LOL..! Big assed manchild..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogBreath

Quote from: lefty08 on August 23, 2015, 10:20:24 am

Personally, I'm fascinated by the deception potential the juggler would bring to the field...the defense could easily not have any idea who to tackle, when the juggler is slinging footballs willy nilly around his head.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 23, 2015, 11:18:10 am
In all seriousness, has BA even had an uncontested completion? I have seen no film of a seriously wide open WR. If he is completing these throws under tight coverage our team is gonna be an extra tough out. I am really getting excited, nervous and down right giddy at the same time. I'm too old to feel like it's Christmas morning, but I do...  LOL..! Big assed manchild..!
In the immortal words of Sterling from Center Ridge, "I'm weady ta woll wight now, Bo!"
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

bamapig

My biggest concern is still special teams. I haven't seen our kickers attempt a field goal over 38 yards yet. We're really going to need their legs this year if we are going to turn around our second half collapses from last year. It hurt us bad last year..

Prestworthy

Ledbetter (55) and RW3 (22) look scary.

PonderinHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 23, 2015, 11:11:45 am

See da k kk k koatuhback he take de bawl an trow it to da reeseevuh. If da reeseevuh don tatch da bawl de k kk k k koatuhback git b bb bad stats. den da reeseevuh don g gg git da bawl trowed to him no mo...
And then Bobby said, "What ??? "