Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8/22 Scrimmage Updates

Started by scruf, August 22, 2015, 04:51:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fanofthehog

2 picks and we're supposed to breathe easier?!?!?!?  I think our secondary will do that to a lot of defenses this year.

Hog N Bama

PorkRinds

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: fanofthehog on August 22, 2015, 04:53:13 pm
2 picks and we're supposed to breathe easier?!?!?!?  I think our secondary will do that to a lot of defenses this year.

Great Secondary play this year, BA will throw few picks vs. opponents again this year.
Go Hogs Go!

lefty08

With our running game id take 4/2 from BA every game
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

bphi11ips

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 22, 2015, 04:59:27 pm
Great Secondary play this year, BA will throw few picks vs. opponents again this year.

I not scare
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Bacons Rebellion

An interception on a screen pass is understandable. BA hasn't thrown more than half a dozen of those the last two years.

scruf

I watched the presser. Of interest, Coach B said that walk-on R-FR WR Luke Rossi was backing up JoJo Robinson in the slot. Talked about how he has had as good a camp as anyone and he catches everything.

scruf

ZERO

Wow, secondary has really improved a lot. I find that to be the more believable scenario, rather than thinking Allen has regressed that much. Three picks during fall when he didn't throw one in the spring, and didn't throw one in the final four games of the season. Also, great to hear about Hatcher and Reed. No mention of JoJo doing anything good?
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

scruf

scruf

QBRs for the scrimmage (based on Matt Jones's stats):

BA: 212
AA: 158
RP: 122

PonderinHog

Quote from: scruf on August 22, 2015, 05:25:04 pm

That ain't even five hunnerd yards.   ::)

ricepig

August 22, 2015, 05:32:46 pm #25 Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:51:34 pm by ricepig
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 22, 2015, 05:28:12 pm
That ain't even five hunnerd yards.   ::)

That's their rating, here's their yards.

https://twitter.com/TomMurphyADG/status/635214898377523201

hoggusamoungus

He completed his first four passes of the scrimmage before throwing interceptions on two consecutive plays. The first was a screen pass that went off the back of tackle Dan Skipper and was returned 35 yards for a touchdown by defensive end Jeremiah Ledbetter.

Allen's second interception came on a pass bobbled by receiver Keon Hatcher and caught by safety Santos Ramirez.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 22, 2015, 05:42:56 pm
Very little ones vs ones. Just like last week the one defense roughed up the one offense when they did go head to head. One of the picks was on Hatcher. BA threaded the needle and Keon let it get away from him. The pick to Ledbetter was on a screen pass. Part of the new package Enos is installing. Bielema said BA and the receivers are still trying to get it down.

Walker and Williams III both looked good even against the ones.

I was impressed with the defense again. They have corners and down linemen coming out of their ears. Harris and Hackett shared time at Mike and that will probably continue.

Overall it was a little rough. This was their last scrimmage of camp and Bielema said they are tired of going up against each other.

Two weeks and it's real.

Not unusual as you know, players on the same team get tired of hitting one another and want to get after it on a "real" basis. It is time to get ramped up for the first game. The players are ready, the fans more than ready.
Go Hogs Go!

Hoggish1

Wow, genius!  So what part of relax don't you understand, as you answered your own ?!?!... 

PonderinHog

redeye

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on August 22, 2015, 05:43:11 pm

He completed his first four passes of the scrimmage before throwing interceptions on two consecutive plays. The first was a screen pass that went off the back of tackle Dan Skipper and was returned 35 yards for a touchdown by defensive end Jeremiah Ledbetter.

That's a ball that needs plenty of arc.

PonderinHog

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 22, 2015, 05:42:56 pm
Very little ones vs ones. Just like last week the one defense roughed up the one offense when they did go head to head. One of the picks was on Hatcher. BA threaded the needle and Keon let it get away from him. The pick to Ledbetter was on a screen pass. Part of the new package Enos is installing. Bielema said BA and the receivers are still trying to get it down.

Walker and Williams III both looked good even against the ones.

I was impressed with the defense again. They have corners and down linemen coming out of their ears. Harris and Hackett shared time at Mike and that will probably continue.

Overall it was a little rough. This was their last scrimmage of camp and Bielema said they are tired of going up against each other.

Two weeks and it's real.
By "rough" do you mean it was sloppy?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

hawginbigd1

redeye

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 22, 2015, 06:13:36 pm
Over the mountain man ???

Yea.  With the helmet and cleats, he's probably a good 7 feet.

lefty08

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 22, 2015, 06:21:40 pm
Hmmmmm more catches by the backs than the rest of the team, that's different! :razorback:

yep, all that tells me is they were working on specific packages
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Poker_hog

Quote from: scruf on August 22, 2015, 05:25:04 pm

Considering it was 2s vs 1s I'd say AA had the most impressive day.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

lefty08

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 22, 2015, 06:37:38 pm
Considering it was 2s vs 1s I'd say AA had the most impressive day.

Do you know how many snaps AA got with the ones?

hawgXi

Quote from: lefty08 on August 22, 2015, 06:44:20 pm

AA Coulda been bettah cept for reed's drop on a deep ball

HoopS

Quote from: hawgXi on August 22, 2015, 06:57:38 pm
BA coulda been bettah ceptin Hatcher's bobble

hawgXi

True dat. Dees droppin gotta be stopped

hawgXi

Hmmmmm more catches by the backs than the rest of the team, that's different! :razorback:

Recep # posted for walker & RWlll look almost exactly the same as there rushing numbers from previous post???

Could be double dippin?

Choctaw Hog

Glad to see R. Williams catching passes.  J. Williams was really good at catching passes and I'm glad to see that R. Williams seems to be as well.

Poker_hog

Quote from: lefty08 on August 22, 2015, 06:44:20 pm

From the article above:  "Austin Allen completed 10 of 17 passes for 186 yards, 1 touchdown and an interception while working with the second-team offense against the first-team defense. He nearly had another long completion, but Dominique Reed dropped a perfectly thrown ball near the sideline."

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: hawgXi on August 22, 2015, 06:57:38 pm

If you were to add Reed's drop into AA's stats, he had a decent day against the ones.

Encouraging.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Poker_hog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 22, 2015, 07:43:57 pm
I like 2-69 that's why he's here!

Yep, just the threat of a big play wr will open up things for the running game.

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon