Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did anybody really wonder about this story?

Started by Biggus Piggus, August 22, 2015, 03:53:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/bolin-alley-town-s-transfer-arkansas-head-scratching

Somebody over there at the Arkansas News Bureau decided that he would blast everybody over this Ricky Town transfer.

One of the strangest things I have read in a while. Plain dumb.
[CENSORED]!

Mike_e

I hate it when men menstruat.

Maybe someone should start a fund to get him some absorbent pads and Midol.

He could probably use some dark chocolate too.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Ā 

scruf

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 22, 2015, 03:53:09 pm
http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/bolin-alley-town-s-transfer-arkansas-head-scratching

Somebody over there at the Arkansas News Bureau decided that he would blast everybody over this Ricky Town transfer.

I would call it utter drivel but that's giving him way too much credit.

Hawk

I can't believe he actually writes "professionally". Assume much bubba?

Hogwild

QuoteA team with two total conference wins in the last two seasons, one with a ground-and-pound tradition, is a better fit it turns out.

Either that or its quarterbacks are mediocre.

Anyway, this school in the Ozarks that's produced all of one moderately competent quarterback in the NFL in a good 30 years has a better pro-style offense than the one in USC. I guess.

Dan Enos must have scrapped everything from the Jim Chaney era, then.

seems like someone pissed in his cheerios

arkansasrazorback

scruf

Quote from: Hogwild on August 22, 2015, 04:01:53 pm
seems like someone pissed in his cheerios
He probably has an irrational, misplaced, hometown rooting interest in one of the other QBs on the roster not named Brandon Allen.

Biggus Piggus

The writer probably believes that if he writes a few things in that faux-hip and condescending style, he can use his clips to get a better job. It is going to be fun watching him be forced to settle for something on his level.
[CENSORED]!

1HourToHogville

Don't you just love it when a media member attacks the character of a young man without ever having met him or spoken with him. And moves on to question the character of people he has met I assume (CBB).   

An opinion piece questioning his decision to transfer and Arkansas's acceptance can be written without doing so.

scruf

ricepig

Well, he did just move up from covering the Northside Grizzlies.

scruf

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 22, 2015, 04:05:41 pm
The writer probably believes that if he writes a few things in that faux-hip and condescending style, he can use his clips to get a better job. It is going to be fun watching him be forced to settle for something on his level.
By "his level" you do mean writing the nutritional facts on boxes of Pop Tarts amirite?

Bacon_Bitz

this guy won't last past this season if that's the best he can do

Ā 

Biggus Piggus

I can't wait for him to have to talk to some of the people he insulted.
[CENSORED]!

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

NuttinItUp

I didn't know Robert Shield's pseudonym was Eric W. Bolin.

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on August 22, 2015, 04:04:08 pm
I'd rather read Robert Shields!
I'm sure he'll have a post next week with some of this article in it.

bigdaddyhawg

I see a guy desperate to generate some traffic to his blog.

Please, let's not help him!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Bigpiggin

The writer just decided that he transferred because he wasn't going to start this year. I seriously doubt Town had any expectation that he had a chance to start this year. I think it was he realized his skill set and USC's offense may not be the best match. He made a big boy decision and pulled the trigger before it cost him a year of eligibility. 

scruf

This is one of the best and most warranted dog piles I've seen in a long time and by "dog pile," I mean both our piling on here and his actual article, which was a steaming pile.

ricepig

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on August 22, 2015, 04:14:35 pm
I'm sure he'll have a post next week with some of this article in it.

Well played, +1.

hawgXi

Perfect example of arkansas low information sports reporting.

Sounds like this guy could be the sports editor in waiting at the demazette (wally could be headed to the rockin chair any day).

He certainly has the depth of knowledge to take over for walls.

In the meantime, he could be another good color man to banter with ME and otherwise burn the clock on DTS while waiting on the next call from gentle ben

Laughing Hog

Whoever taught this Bolin dude to write, should be waterboarded. Then put Bolin on the table for his turn. That was pathetic. 
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals ā€“ They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

hawgXi

Don't suppose this writer was wearing a gator cap?

Maybe he was a little butt hurt that his gators missed out on this blue chip.

Sports writers like that don't last too long on the hill

Ā 

HOGINTENNESSEE

August 22, 2015, 04:32:59 pm #24 Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:24:49 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
It's very poor writing. At no point does he actually provide any evidence that Town's doesn't fit CBB's uncommon man. This kid's transferring in no way goes against anything CBB preaches. In fact CBB has gone out of his way to help every kid that wants to transfer find the best option for them by calling other schools for them. So how would excepting a transfer be hypocritical?

Town's has never been involved in any off the field incident. If CBB had done what Baylor just did then it would be hypocritical.

If you are going to be an journalist and write something controversial, atleast be a good enough writer to articulate your argument. His article was had a lot of zingers and no substance to actually provide facts to prove his argument.

AlmaHog2011

How can a guy attack a player like that?
I have no idea does he know something I don't?
If I was that kids dad Eric would be answering to that it was a personal attack IMO.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 22, 2015, 04:32:59 pm
It's very poor writing. At no point does he actually provide any evidence that Town's doesn't fit CBB's uncommon man. This kid's transferring in no way goes against anything CBB preaches. In fact CBB has gone out of his way to help every kid that wants to transfer find the best option for them by calling other schools for them. So how would excepting a transfer be hypocritical?

Town's has never been involved in any off the field incident. If CBB had done what Baylor just did then it would be hypocritical.

If you are going to be an journalist and write something controversial, also least be a a good enough writer to articulate your argument. His article was had a lot of zingers and no substance to actually provide facts to prove his argument.
[/quote

scruf

Quote from: Laughing Hog on August 22, 2015, 04:32:07 pm
Whoever taught this Bolin dude to write, should be waterboarded. Then put Bolin on the table for his turn. That was pathetic. 
Bolin should be made to cry and then waterboarded with his own tears.

AlmaHog2011

Hogintennessee, I see the way you posted right here. If this kid has not been in trouble and I haven't read anything that said he has been? I don't get how a grown man can write that about this kid?

lahawg1

He can't help himself, he's from Okie.......what would you expect?

sickboy

Why is an Arkansas writer taking pot shots at our inability to win and develop quarterbacks?

dhizzle

Come on man. The dude left USC because the new coach is about dual threat QBs and he figured that out. Sometimes you have to see it to believe it.

HF#1

He is on Twitter and has taken a Clay Travis type beating on Twitter.  It isn't smart to troll the biggest in-state school when you are an in-state writer.  Waste of internet space in my opinion.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Even if you have doubts about the transfer, wait and see is a fine concept that doesn't cost you anything.

EFBAB

Hog N Bama

What a sorry POS! Not only did he insult Town, but CBB and our entire program. >:(

HamIAm

Never heard of "Arkansas News" before.  Maybe that was his intent. Ok, now I've heard of them I'll be sure to avoid any contact in the future.

westside_player

I'll play devil's advocate and suggest the writer made some good points. Essentially all it's doing is putting another scholarship player on the roster (I assume) that we really don't need. As it appears now, we have what we think are 4 quality QB's going in to next season and all probably think they should be the starter. Which means 2 or 3 of the 4 you can expect to transfer once he falls behind #1 on the depth chart. The move makes sense, but don't look at it as though we have 4 four star quarterbacks this year. We have Brandon Allen and next years starter. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 22, 2015, 04:50:40 pm
Hogintennessee, I see the way you posted right here. If this kid has not been in trouble and I haven't read anything that said he has been? I don't get how a grown man can write that about this kid?

Yeah, he hasn't had any issues. Transferring from a school doesn't make you a bad person. Thousands of kid transfer every year Ath or non Ath. It's not immoral or illegal.

I agree I don't see how in the world you write this a kid.

He provides no facts to prove his point. He argues that Town's transferred because he didn't win the starting job a USC immediately, yet he is unable to provide any statements from a USC writer, coach or a quote from the Town's that that was ever an expectation or reason he left (this is the type of quote if it existed could have come prior to his enrollment or after his exit). Then Again that would actually require this guy to actually do some kind of investigative journalism.

But even if he did transfer from USC because he didn't win the starting job immediately so what? Nick Foles transferred from Michigan State for that same reason, is Nick Foles a person of low character because he transferred? The answer is no, but he could have at least provided an example to prove his point that is. But again he fail to do so.

lefty08

Quote from: HF#1 on August 22, 2015, 05:10:41 pm
He is on Twitter and has taken a Clay Travis type beating on Twitter.  It isn't smart to troll the biggest in-state school when you are an in-state writer.  Waste of internet space in my opinion.

He also  commented to one fan "click, click, click"

he is trying to get clicks on his pathetic website, happens more than it should
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HF#1 on August 22, 2015, 05:10:41 pm

It appears that is what is going for. However, Clay Travis actual can articulate his argument.

MuskogeeHogFan

Agreed. Bolin has no idea what he is talking about.

First of all, Town was a member of the team at USC for the Spring and the Summer.

I'll agree that he should have seen the writing on the wall with the Sarkisian offense that was more Read-Option/HUNH than Pro Style, but if you are a highly rated QB recruit from S. California and you are offered a full ride to USC, you gotta believe that they are willing to bend their offensive strategy to your skills or else they wouldn't want to sign you, right? Not so much, with the rumor that Sarkisian was pressured to sign the best and most highly rated kids in the area by the big money boosters (see HDN and Mitch Mustain). Big money Boosters are better off allowing the HC to go after whomever they feel they need.

As for this kid winding up at Arkansas it is more of a function of him and his family understanding that he has a greater opportunity for the future based on the offense that we plan to run and the overall strength of the team that we are building, than anything else. They see the potential for the future and especially as it effects a kid who has a Pro Style offense so deeply embedded in him. And fellas, there aren't that many TRUE Pro Style Offenses out there these days at the college level. With our physical approach to the game offering great opportunities out of play action for passing, we present a great opportunity for QB's of this caliber that aim for the NFL.
Go Hogs Go!

ZERO

Quote from: lefty08 on August 22, 2015, 05:22:37 pm

He also  commented to one fan "click, click, click"

he is trying to get clicks on his pathetic website, happens more than it should

Did he actually say this? Having a dumb opinion is one thing, we're all guilty of it here and there. Admitting that you're nothing but a click-bait author is game over. I won't be knowingly reading another article of his, nor will I click a link that says  [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

KennyForAD

Robert is infinitely better than whoever wrote that gibber.   Say what you want about Robert, but at least he is honest and sincere.  Worst published article I have ever read.  Full of unsubstantiated assumptions and bizarre hatred.   

redeye

Quote from: 1HourToHogville on August 22, 2015, 04:05:47 pm
Don't you just love it when a media member attacks the character of a young man without ever having met him or spoken with him. And moves on to question the character of people he has met I assume (CBB).   

That's what gets me.  How does a professional do that with a young kid he's never even met?  He's basically giving us his opinion and it's based on assumption and hearsay that he's read elsewhere.  It just all strikes me as very unprofessional.

I can only guess at a reason for doing it and my best guess is that he's striving to be a shock jock journalist.  However, even shock jocks need some sliver of truth and a few facts to make their argument palatable.  He just threw out crazy opinions like you might find from an enemy, who has no real intent to be honest.

It was definitely a very strange article and it's hard to even imagine why anyone would write what he did.

farmhawg

Quote from: westside_player on August 22, 2015, 05:20:51 pm
I'll play devil's advocate and suggest the writer made some good points. Essentially all it's doing is putting another scholarship player on the roster (I assume) that we really don't need. As it appears now, we have what we think are 4 quality QB's going in to next season and all probably think they should be the starter. Which means 2 or 3 of the 4 you can expect to transfer once he falls behind #1 on the depth chart. The move makes sense, but don't look at it as though we have 4 four star quarterbacks this year. We have Brandon Allen and next years starter. 
I thought you were a gussy fan?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Atlhogfan1

At least he didn't do like Doc Harper did for Bielema's first two seasons and call him B E rt trying to be funny.  It was just a shock column to get attention.

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Seebs

After you have been a decent writer it used to be that you were alowed and were trusted to be a columnist.  Not sure how Wally sidestepped this, butit shows in most of his columns his lack of training.

Not sure what J school this hack attended but his profs need to be flogged. Where have you gone Joe Dimaggio and Mike Irwin ... and Bob Holt.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Choctaw Hog

I've never heard of the guy nor do I remember reading any of articles written by him.  In fact, I didn't even read all of this one after reading this drivel.

"More importantly, they're Bielema's recruits. They are, to use catchphrase du jour, uncommon. They're also, apparently, not good enough. Right"?

Apparently this guy is a nobody trying to make a name for himself.  Well, he did with me and it's call $hit. 
There is a contact link at the top of the page and I suggest anybody who found this article a "drive-by" hit on Bielema and the program by some no-name moron, send the Arkansas News a note voicing their displeasure.

That's what I'm going to do along with contacting all companies who advertise with them letting them know I won't be buying any of their product until they put pressure on Arkansas News removing Bolin from the payroll.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

/thread   #thiscan'tberight #ohyesitcan #whoisericbolin
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hogsfan31

I read past the first paragraph and then quit because he hasn't a clue WTH he is talking about. Nothing more really needs to be said. Too many idiots out there writing pieces about stuff they have no knowledge on, this is just another one of those.

I'll stick with the ones I know that are trustworthy around the program and actually bring knowledge of what they're talking about.