Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saturday Scrimmage

Started by WorfHog, August 21, 2015, 08:29:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WorfHog

Is tomorrow's Scrimmage open or just media?

Corkscrew Johnson

I'm pretty sure Lee Wilson is tall enough to watch over the fence

PonderinHog

jdevers

Ricepig are you Lee Wilson?  I only ask because I know Amanda Wilson from nursing school...

ricepig

Quote from: jdevers on August 21, 2015, 09:16:18 pm
Ricepig are you Lee Wilson?  I only ask because I know Amanda Wilson from nursing school...

Nope, I just saw the tweet from Bielema on the scrimmage and felt it was timely.

WorfHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 21, 2015, 08:32:45 pm
https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/634893887522279425

If they're scrimming in the stadium I might still go down and and hang out around the north end zone. Anyone know the time? I'm won't Periscope, who's got enough data for that?

Razor6

Glad our staff is aware of current social media

We can wait 2 weeks.  Somehow ;)
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

southeasthog

Jack The BN called that closed scrimmage brother!

Quote from: Jack The BN on August 15, 2015, 08:29:14 pm
Posting stuff like this is a good way to get practice closed.

Mike Irwin

There was a thread on the scrimmage last Saturday that featured a running account of the scrimmage on Twitter plus periscoping. I knew that was it. They were ticked over in the athletic department. They did a nice thing. Let Foundation members watch and that was what they got.

I'll never understand why people can't control themselves.

There was some dude that seemed to be trying to operate a homegrown sports website on Twitter. He had like 50 followers. If the dude wants to operate like the media he can observe the same rules as the rest of us. No video or photos after the warm up period. No tweeting or texting of any kind during the scrimmage (cell phones stay in your pocket).

Bielema has been a lot more open so far in the preseason but stuff like this is not going to help.

Steef

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 22, 2015, 07:38:45 am
There was a thread on the scrimmage last Saturday that featured a running account of the scrimmage on Twitter plus periscoping. I knew that was it. They were ticked over in the athletic department. They did a nice thing. Let Foundation members watch and that was what they got.

There was some dude that seemed to be trying to operate a homegrown sports website on Twitter. He had like 50 followers. If the dude wants to operate like the media he can observe the same rules as the rest of us. No video or photos after the warm up period. No tweeting or texting of any kind during the scrimmage (cell phones stay in your pocket).

Bielema has been a lot more open so far in the preseason but stuff like this is not going to help.

There are just too many idiots in the world. This will never NOT be a problem.

I want our team to win. I want our plans secret...until it's time to spring them on Nick and Gus.

Close everything to the public. Now and forever.

And thank the idiots.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on August 21, 2015, 08:32:45 pm
https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/634893887522279425

For those who were responsible for this and felt the need to play the role of "Scoop", as Bielema says, "you get what you earn". Congrats, now you don't even get to enjoy watching your team scrimmage.
Go Hogs Go!

SharpTusk

Writer on  hog database

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: SharpTusk on August 22, 2015, 09:28:08 am
From a few minutes ago...

Yep, open to trusted and legit media types. Not to the public, for obvious reasons.
Go Hogs Go!

Hugehogsfan

Why would someone not say something to that guy?  I mean if we can't control ourselves as fans and know that there are things that the coaching staff doesn't want out, that BENEFITS our team, then you should go watch the UTEP game like the rest of the flock.  Jeez, sometimes people amaze me. 

ChitownHawg

Maybe CBB should have Herb's coaches policing the sideline. Bounce their sorry butts right out of the stadium.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ChitownHawg on August 22, 2015, 09:32:32 am
Maybe CBB should have Herb's coaches policing the sideline. Bounce their sorry butts right out of the stadium.
i'll pitch in.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 21, 2015, 08:35:44 pm
Down periscope.   >:(
i knew when i was watching it we'd hear about it from coach B. I even felt a little dirty watching that unauthorized footage.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on August 22, 2015, 09:30:56 am
Why would someone not say something to that guy?  I mean if we can't control ourselves as fans and know that there are things that the coaching staff doesn't want out, that BENEFITS our team, then you should go watch the UTEP game like the rest of the flock.  Jeez, sometimes people amaze me.

What viewers should have seen was an up-close view of his rectum after someone deposited his phone there...

ChitownHawg

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on August 22, 2015, 09:57:21 am
What viewers should have seen was an up-close view of his rectum after someone deposited his phone there...

I'm surprised the media didn't say anything to the guy. While fans lose an opportunity to watch the Hogs - the media are losing the opportunity to report. This guy is messing with their livelihood.

At the least walk over to Herb and say isn't that guy videotaping?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

uncle bubs

I've never been to a practice before, so pardon my ignorance. Do they announce that cell phones are banned during the scrimmage beforehand?
God bless the Boston Mountains.

bennyl08

Quote from: uncle bubs on August 22, 2015, 11:07:12 am
I've never been to a practice before, so pardon my ignorance. Do they announce that cell phones are banned during the scrimmage beforehand?

When I've gone, there were signs that had the rules. But, that was with Petrino and practices open to the public at large. Not sure how CBB does it with the media/foundation.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hog N Bama

Quote from: ChitownHawg on August 22, 2015, 09:32:32 am
And destroy their cameras/cell phones in a blender!  >:(

bjeffersonhog

They just need to not allow any electronic devices to be brought into the stadium during camp scrimmages.  Then offer some kind of reward to people who turn others in for sneaking in the devices. All devices brought in illegally will be confiscated and trashed.

B501

a few strategically places signals jammers would solve that problem mighty quick  ;)

Hogs run wild

Quote from: b501 on August 22, 2015, 11:43:57 am
a few strategically places signals jammers would solve that problem mighty quick  ;)
that won't keep people from recording practice and posting it later. Just ban the public.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

TDHawgs

Quote from: b501 on August 22, 2015, 11:43:57 am
True, but they could video it and then upload it later.  Cell phones are a problem for privacy period, no way around it, it's not a private world anymore, not sure what they could do to solve this except have closed practices, etc.  There will always be someone who breaks the rules and videos something. Think about concerts, more people are using their cell phones to video than are actually watching and enjoying it. It's just the world we live in. I hate that some idiots streamed it but I totally agree with Bielema's stance on it after it happened.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Arazorbackguy1

Just wait until someone sends a drone. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Hog N Bama on August 22, 2015, 11:32:57 am
And destroy their cameras/cell phones in a blender!  >:(

I like the aggressiveness, but i say just drop'm in a cooler full of Gatorade and use the aggressive energy on sending them to the hospital.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

snoblind

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 22, 2015, 09:41:01 am
i knew when i was watching it we'd hear about it from coach B. I even felt a little dirty watching that unauthorized footage.

So out the guy.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on August 22, 2015, 11:59:57 am

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

rzrbackramsfan

Here's a theory.  CBB said after the scrimmage, we laid it all out there today, our full offense.  Something like that.  What if that wasn't really their offense, knowing that people would record it and thus give his opponents something false to study.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on August 22, 2015, 12:47:26 pm
Here's a theory.  CBB said after the scrimmage, we laid it all out there today, our full offense.  Something like that.  What if that wasn't really their offense, knowing that people would record it and thus give his opponents something false to study.

If any of us think that we have truly seen all of our offense or defense to date, we are excellent candidates as buyers of a very special and premium piece of land that I have for sale for you in the swamp-lands of Montana.
Go Hogs Go!

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on August 22, 2015, 11:59:57 am

I could use some target practice for duck season. Bring'm on....
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

SharpTusk

Practices closed or open has been a raging battle in college football since before 1900.  I guess if you REALLY want to see practice without being discovered, hope it's a clear day, and rent a commercial imaging sattelite.
Writer on  hog database

Mike Irwin

We're talking about a couple of guys who decided it would be cool to play like reporters. One of them just tweeted although he did put up one fairly harmless photo of the offensive linemen on the sidelines. It looked like the two's were on the field at the time.

The guy that periscoped is what ticked them off. He was putting their plays on the Internet.

These were Foundation members so I doubt they threw the book at them. From what I understand Bielema took the position, Okay if they can't come in here and do what we ask we won't open it up the next time.

The bottom line, 99.9 % of the people there were fine. Those two ruined it for everybody else.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 22, 2015, 01:14:59 pm
We're talking about a couple of guys who decided it would be cool to play like reporters. One of them just tweeted although he did put up one fairly harmless photo of the offensive linemen on the sidelines. It looked like the two's were on the field at the time.

The guy that periscoped is what ticked them off. He was putting their plays on the Internet.

These were Foundation members so I doubt they threw the book at them. From what I understand Bielema took the position, Okay if they can't come in here and do what we ask we won't open it up the next time.

The bottom line, 99.9 % of the people there were fine. Those two ruined it for everybody else.

And isn't that how it normally turns out?
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 22, 2015, 01:14:59 pm

So why not just ban those two from scrimmages and let the rest come?? That reminds me of my childhood school years when some teachers would punish the whole class for what 1 student did.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

scruf

OLDHOG

Yep, there's always one or two who Gump's it up for the rest of us, ALWAYS.

scruf

I started a "Scrimmage Feeds" thread last week on HV without the knowledge that fans in attendance had been told not to tweet or take videos of practice. Had I known that, I wouldn't have posted the thread. That said, I saw absolutely zero updates from the media until after the scrimmage. I don't see how giving unofficial statistical updates or descriptions of play results (for example, "AC just ran it for 12 yards," or, "Brooks Ellis just forced a fumble at the goal line") would ever give opponents a strategic advantage. Just my 2 cents. I think we're all a little football starved around here. I know I am. :razorback:

Oklahawg

Drones are defeated by moving indoors.

I would bet those original postings have been captured by someone at the BAC and could be dealt with behind the scenes. They SHOULD.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on August 22, 2015, 09:30:56 am

In a kinder and gentler time some menfolks would have assisted this fellow with packing his cell phone away and getting into his car. As it stands now the UofA could open everything and just put some signal interrupters in the corners of the stadium...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Bigdavis

The Periscope footage kind of sucked anyway. Wasn't really worth it.

presidenthog

when does today scrimmage start? so I will know when to look to see info about the scrimmage.

AugustaHog

Quote from: scruf on August 22, 2015, 01:49:43 pm
I started a "Scrimmage Feeds" thread last week on HV without the knowledge that fans in attendance had been told not to tweet or take videos of practice. Had I known that, I wouldn't have posted the thread. That said, I saw absolutely zero updates from the media until after the scrimmage. I don't see how giving unofficial statistical updates or descriptions of play results (for example, "AC just ran it for 12 yards," or, "Brooks Ellis just forced a fumble at the goal line") would ever give opponents a strategic advantage. Just my 2 cents. I think we're all a little football starved around here. I know I am. :razorback:
I don't think there was anything wrong with the short descriptions of plays and such.  Those videos though were crossing the line.  I was surprised that didn't get shut down before it was over.  I'm glad the media is allowed in, so we get to hear how everyone looked.

nchogg

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 22, 2015, 02:16:41 pm
Drones are defeated by moving indoors.

I would bet those original postings have been captured by someone at the BAC and could be dealt with behind the scenes. They SHOULD.
And we have hog drones with rocket launchers.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 22, 2015, 12:51:53 pm
If any of us think that we have truly seen all of our offense or defense to date, we are excellent candidates as buyers of a very special and premium piece of land that I have for sale for you in the swamp-lands of Montana.
Ha! Muskogee Hog, you are a trip. Would love to have a beer sometime and then I could get all of your sources links!  ;D

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Laughing Hog on August 22, 2015, 12:56:16 pm
I could use some target practice for duck season. Bring'm on....
The drone would be blue and orange no doubt  >:(

DCimport

SAM surface to air missile for drones
Sam LB for run support and cover 2/3