West

7-1 Alabama
6-2 Arkansas
6-2 Auburn
5-3 LSU
4-4 Mississippi State
4-4 Texas A&M
3-5 Ole Miss

Went through the schedule - based on current knowledge/awareness, this is where I begin.

Arkansas isn't far from 4-4. Schedule is not nearly as accommodating as some other SEC teams have.

I really like the Hogs' matchups against Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi State and Texas A&M. Less certain about Auburn and LSU. But at least Auburn is at home.

Predicting losses at Alabama and LSU. Ole Miss will be highly motivated after last season's pasting when they were emotionally down. But Arkansas's pass defense will smother the RBBs, and they don't have a running game to speak of.

Tennessee has great and I mean great running backs, but their offensive line is extremely shaky. Arkansas's defense will maul the Vols' offense. Mizzou is a bigtime revenge situation.

Opponents that need to win with the pass first -- MSU, TAM, Miss -- will struggle against this D.

Tenn, Mo, Alabama, Auburn, LSU should be more balanced. If the Vols had an offensive line, I would be concerned about that game. Missouri and Auburn will get the Hogs' best shot. Alabama is so good on defense, it's unwise to pick against them at home.

LSU is a mystery to me. For now, I assume they will have a strong running game and good, balanced defense + strong home field advantage. As the info flows, might change some views here, but this is a start.
[CENSORED]!

theFlyingHog

I can't argue with any of that. I hope the team wants to destroy auburn as much as we do. I feel like we have a leg up on LSU until they find a QB that can get it done

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

West
Alabama
Auburn
Arkansas
LSU
Miss
TAM
MST

East
Georgia
Tennessee
Mizz
SC
Florida
UK
Vandy

Boarmonger

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 21, 2015, 12:28:52 pm
I can't argue with any of that. I hope the team wants to destroy auburn as much as we do. I feel like we have a leg up on LSU until they find a QB that can get it done

I agree with this.  By the time LSU gets here, I think we find our run defense.  I think that may be spotty to start the year until the LB play solidifies but solidify it will.  Robb Smith will see to that. 

I still think UT is overrated.  Their OL will have to gell fast and I don't believe the beat UGA.

GuvHog

WEST
Arkansas
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
A&M
Ole Miss
Miss. State

EAST
Georgia
Missouri
Tennessee
South Carolina
Kentucky
Vanderbilt

Needless to say, I feel good about the Hogs chances this year even with J. Williams on the sideline.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Oklahawg

I, too, see UA at 10-2. My losses are at Bama and at Ole Miss or LSU.

I think I am really going to enjoy my tickets to the Auburn and Missouri games :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

scruf

Hogs will crush Aubbie this year. It won't be close. You're going to see two years of frustrations play out in a 3 hour window. Epic beatdown ahead.

runninhog

We should be 4-0 headed to Knoxville. I think we win on the road against the Vols. It's a trap game for Tennessee, as they'll be fired up for Florida the week before and thinking ahead to SEC East foe Georgia the week after.
Unfortunately, that big win will be followed by a road trip and loss to Alabama. 
Then comes Auburn. Wins in this series tend to come in pairs, and Auburn has won the past two, so I'll take the Hogs in Fayetteville. Wins over Ole Miss and Mississippi State.
If LSU can't solidify the QB position, Arkansas will have the edge and can win that game. That's nine, possible ten, wins heading into the Missouri game which I see as a toss up.
We get second in the West to Bama unless they somehow drop two, which I doubt will happen.

If Tennessee can stay away from injuries, they could win the East. They get the Dogs at home.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Boarmonger on August 21, 2015, 01:55:23 pm
I agree with this.  By the time LSU gets here, I think we find our run defense.  I think that may be spotty to start the year until the LB play solidifies but solidify it will.  Robb Smith will see to that. 

I still think UT is overrated.  Their OL will have to gell fast and I don't believe the beat UGA.

Playing in Death Valley is never an easy task though... I'm not sure what time the game is but night games there are rough... The Hogs no matter how good (or bad) we are always seem to make an interesting game out of it. Hopefully we can do the same to them this year that we did last year
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

WizardofhOgZ

In other words, you're predicting a 10-2 regular season.  I'm sticking with the 8-4 prediction I made a few weeks ago; 4-4 in conference.

I'm also on record - we WILL be in the Four team National Championship playoff in 2017.

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 21, 2015, 12:24:29 pm
East

5-3 Tennessee - wins head-to-head vs. Ga
5-3 Georgia
3-5 Kentucky
3-5 Missouri
3-5 South Carolina
2-6 Florida
0-8 Vanderbilt

West

7-1 Alabama
6-2 Arkansas
6-2 Auburn
5-3 LSU
4-4 Mississippi State
4-4 Texas A&M
3-5 Ole Miss

Went through the schedule - based on current knowledge/awareness, this is where I begin.

Arkansas isn't far from 4-4. Schedule is not nearly as accommodating as some other SEC teams have.

I really like the Hogs' matchups against Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi State and Texas A&M. Less certain about Auburn and LSU. But at least Auburn is at home.

Predicting losses at Alabama and LSU. Ole Miss will be highly motivated after last season's pasting when they were emotionally down. But Arkansas's pass defense will smother the RBBs, and they don't have a running game to speak of.

Tennessee has great and I mean great running backs, but their offensive line is extremely shaky. Arkansas's defense will maul the Vols' offense. Mizzou is a bigtime revenge situation.

Opponents that need to win with the pass first -- MSU, TAM, Miss -- will struggle against this D.

Tenn, Mo, Alabama, Auburn, LSU should be more balanced. If the Vols had an offensive line, I would be concerned about that game. Missouri and Auburn will get the Hogs' best shot. Alabama is so good on defense, it's unwise to pick against them at home.

LSU is a mystery to me. For now, I assume they will have a strong running game and good, balanced defense + strong home field advantage. As the info flows, might change some views here, but this is a start.

threeNout

I'm sticking with the 11-1 I predicted a few weeks back,  SEC Champs, our only loss at Bama.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on August 21, 2015, 03:55:32 pm
In other words, you're predicting a 10-2 regular season.  I'm sticking with the 8-4 prediction I made a few weeks ago; 4-4 in conference.

I'm also on record - we WILL be in the Four team National Championship playoff in 2017.
10-2 is very very possible. If I may ask, where do you see our four losses and how?

I see us going 10-2 with losses at LSU and Bama. I can also see 11-1. Bama & LSU are both ??? at QB and one team is likely to crack under the pressure. We are due to beat Bama. Les always finds a way to mess something up in November.

NO team will out-physical Arkansas this year. Every opponent we face will end the game bloodied, bruised, ass kicked, and very likely defeated.

Also, our 2016 and 2017 defense has the potential to be ELITE. Seriously. Like one of our best ever. Those two seasons will hinge on QB play since this is Brandon's last year.  Also, with the the addition of Town and coupled with Ty, Rafe, and Austin, we need a leader to start stepping up now. If we want to keep up with the Defense.

We are loaded with some scary talented young guys.. We are living in what I believe are going to be the new golden years of Razorback Football. Woo Pig

WizardofhOgZ

I don't pick wins/losses game-by-game; that's fools gold . . . no one gets that right.  Funny, but at the end of the year, folks will tell you "I picked us to be 7-5", but what they leave out is that they missed on 2 games they picked us to win that we didn't; and 2 that they picked us to lose that we won.  So, they actually were wrong on 4 of the 12 picks!

I don't play that game.  I have my method of picking the season outcome (W/L for the season, not by game), and it has been very reliable.  Part of that reliability is that is COUNTS on the picks for each game being partially right, and partially wrong; then the rights and wrongs net out to something pretty close to accurate.

Here is a post explaining my process: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=291788.0

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on August 21, 2015, 04:15:16 pm
10-2 is very very possible. If I may ask, where do you see our four losses and how?

I see us going 10-2 with losses at LSU and Bama. I can also see 11-1. Bama & LSU are both ??? at QB and one team is likely to crack under the pressure. We are due to beat Bama. Les always finds a way to mess something up in November.

NO team will out-physical Arkansas this year. Every opponent we face will end the game bloodied, bruised, ass kicked, and very likely defeated.

Also, our 2016 and 2017 defense has the potential to be ELITE. Seriously. Like one of our best ever. Those two seasons will hinge on QB play since this is Brandon's last year.  Also, with the the addition of Town and coupled with Ty, Rafe, and Austin, we need a leader to start stepping up now. If we want to keep up with the Defense.

We are loaded with some scary talented young guys.. We are living in what I believe are going to be the new golden years of Razorback Football. Woo Pig

threeNout

I really like our chances at LSU because of our defense, they have not been offensively explosive for a good while now it seems.

I like our chances against Auburn, because it's at home, and again, because of our D.

I think the West representative will win the SECCG and be SEC champs.

What determines the West will come down to these 3 games: Ark@Bama, Au@Ark and Bama@Au.

HoggusMaximus

I have alot riding on the tennessee game, one of my co-workers is a tennessee fan. The loser has to wear a dress to work. we're in the military....

nchogg

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on August 22, 2015, 06:18:09 am
I have alot riding on the tennessee game, one of my co-workers is a tennessee fan. The loser has to wear a dress to work. we're in the military....
Send us a pic after the game w/l. It will be fun to see.

Corkscrew Johnson

What a horrible schedule.  That's a lot of close W's against tough teams in harsh environments for us to claw to 10-2 and eek out the Outback Bowl.  For those who say the SEC is down or overrated are mistakenly judging the strength of a conference by the post-season performance of their top 2-3 schools.  They just don't get it.

Curious:  who do you Bama losing to?

Pig Worshipper

I'm predicting 10-2 and can't wait for the season to get here!

Wouldn't it be nice to be in the SEC East? The Gators won't go 2-6 in the SEC this year, though. They will surprise a few people, particularly in The Swamp.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on August 22, 2015, 07:23:09 am
What a horrible schedule.  That's a lot of close W's against tough teams in harsh environments for us to claw to 10-2 and eek out the Outback Bowl.  For those who say the SEC is down or overrated are mistakenly judging the strength of a conference by the post-season performance of their top 2-3 schools.  They just don't get it.

Curious:  who do you Bama losing to?

Auburn.
[CENSORED]!

Mike_e

I'm sticking to 15-0 till somebody proves me wrong.

WPS Y'all
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

jabohog

I can see the possibilities and the optimism, but I just don't see it happening.

First, everyone is writing A&M off. That is a talented team with a new D coordinator that is as good as Smith who changed our defense in one season to one of the top in the SEC. If he can do it so can Chavis. It's theirs and our SEC opener at a neutral site. I don't see us winning that game, but maybe.

We have 7 home games with the possibility of 7 wins. To me Auburn is the toughest, but the Hogs should really want that game. SEC home opener, nobody should beat us at home, that should be this teams number one goal.

We finished well last year beating two SEC teams at home that were coming off physically and mentally draining games plus Ole Miss was injury plagued. We had a lot of close losses, but most were the result of our failure in either the turnover at the worst time category, field goals, or defensive let downs. Is all that fixed? Is the passing game fixed? Does not seem to be from first scrimmage. I don't think Enos is the offensive equivalent to Smith. While I think our defense will do well, I'm not quite as sold on it as some are.

This team also needs to win it's first SEC road game. The only shot I give us is Tenner and that is a long shot.

Finally, we have tradition against us. Been watching the Hogs since 1965. When we are picked to do well, most of the time we flop or do mediocre. That's tradition.

I see the possibility for 7-5, 8-4 season. There will have to be a lot of things fixed, and us get all the breaks to do better than that.

JIHawg

If Enos is a good coordinator, we can go 9-3, or 10-2.  If not, it's 7-5 or 8-4.  It all depends on whether we are truly upgraded at the OC position.  If Enos can make adjustments and win chess matches, look out.  If Enos can achieve true balance, and use what we need when, look out.  If Enos can call a two minute offense and score, look out.  If Enos can be automatic at 1st and goal, look out.  If Enos doesn't coach scared, and is aggressive, look out.

We know the DC can do it.  It's all on Enos.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 21, 2015, 12:24:29 pm

They could be 6-3 going into our game, but more than likely they will be 5-4.  The wheels will come off for Less vs the Hogs and he will be done at LSU after we run over his D.

PossumFan

I'm just so excited about this year's Hogs team that I don't see any reason for them to lose any game. Yeah, they probably will, but I just can't concede it at this point. Other than LBs, this team is loaded, and even that group should be solid because of Brooks Ellis and the outstanding coaching if nothing else. I even think the WRs are going to be way, way better than most expect.

Hoggish1

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on August 22, 2015, 06:18:09 am

Go easy on your co-worker... LOL!

GoHogs1091

West

Alabama   6-2  (losses at Texas A&M and at Auburn)
Auburn   5-3   (losses at LSU, at Texas A&M, and to Georgia)
Texas A&M   5-3   (losses at LSU, at Ole Miss, and to Mississippi State)
Arkansas   4-4   (losses to Texas A&M, to Auburn, at Alabama, and at LSU)
LSU    4-4   (losses at Mississippi State, at Ole Miss, at South Carolina, and at Alabama)
Ole Miss   4-4   (losses at Alabama, at Florida, at Auburn, and to Arkansas)
Mississippi State   4-4  (losses at Auburn, to Alabama, at Arkansas, and to Ole Miss)

East

Georgia   6-2   (losses to Alabama, at Tennessee)
Tennessee   5-3   (losses at Florida, to Arkansas, at Alabama)
South Carolina   4-4   (losses at Georgia, at Texas A&M, at Tennessee, to Florida)
Florida   4-4   (losses at Kentucky, at Missouri, at LSU, and to Georgia)
Kentucky   3-5
Missouri   2-6
Vanderbilt   0-8

All-in-all, a mediocre season for the entire Conference.

PonderinHog

I wonder how Clemson would do against that kind of competition.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 21, 2015, 02:39:52 pm
I, too, see UA at 10-2. My losses are at Bama and at Ole Miss or LSU.

I think I am really going to enjoy my tickets to the Auburn and Missouri games :)
11-1, loss will be unexpected to an inferior team (perhaps @ LSU) as this group learns it's next lesson- how to not look ahead or get the big head.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Atlhogfan1

Bama
AU
LSU - beats A&M to end the season
A&M - schedule sets up well
Hogs - L to Bama and LSU and 2 out of Tenn, OM and A&M - too many games away from home against good enough teams
OM - 4-4
MSU

UGa
Tenn
UK - beats Mizzou
Mizzou
SC
Fl
V
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HillBillyHogfan

Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

GoHogs1091

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 22, 2015, 06:58:43 pm
I wonder how Clemson would do against that kind of competition.

Considering they have an elite Quarterback, an elite set of Wide Receivers, an elite Defensive End, and an elite Cornerback, could do well.  It is good to be elite at those 4 positions.

The SEC this season is going to be a prime example of what occurs when the QB play as a whole across the Conference is below average.

tigerinhogtown

I don't think the west will go 14-0 against the east

reddogjcss

East
Georgia
Mizzo
SC
Tenn
Florida
Kentucky
Vandy. 

West