Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ricky Town to Hogs

Started by Hogdomer, August 21, 2015, 11:14:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RME

August 21, 2015, 12:41:52 pm #50 Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:04:02 pm by RyanMallettsEgo
 :razorback:

31to6

Quote from: Doug on August 21, 2015, 12:13:43 pm
Exactly the same reaction I had, haha!

http://twitter.com/BearlyDoug/status/634769804902146052
The trade they owe us for is Damien Williams, not Mitch....

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 21, 2015, 12:36:03 pm
And if you don't win the job, keep your nose to the grindstone because your number could be called at any time.  One injury away...
Actually for someone it would 3 injuries away.  That's why it not really a stretch to think someone will transfer.  And it's even less of a stretch to think that would be Peavey.

moehog

Town is the player to be named later...We sent Mitch and Damien for Broderick.
"There is no hope for the satisfied man."

Justifiable Hogicide

WoooPig :razorback:
Welcome Ricky Town!
+1 Coach Bielema!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: sickboy on August 21, 2015, 11:32:41 am
Well, see your problem right there is that you're talking about Virginia... and the entitled son of a former NFL diva.

We signed one of those before..............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Bryant Disciple

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 21, 2015, 12:50:24 pm
We signed one of those before..............................

Phillip Sims (former Bama QB) is not related to Phil Simms (former NFL QB).

Towns is a huge get for the Hogs.

Carry on...

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: BigD94 on August 21, 2015, 12:00:15 pm
So starting next fall...

Austin - 2 years to play
Rafe - 3 years to play
Ty- 4 years to play (assuming he redshirts this year)
Ricky- 4 years to play

correct?

They won't all stay, but yeah.  Town is a big pickup in a position where Arkansas needs talent.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Bryant Disciple on August 21, 2015, 12:59:46 pm
Phillip Sims (former Bama QB) is not related to Phil Simms (former NFL QB).

Towns is a huge get for the Hogs.

Carry on...

True it is a great get. I should have said a top ranked QB. I quoted the wrong previous post. Carry on.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Sivad

You have to love what CBB is building here.
Apparrently Ricky Town does too.
It's a great day when an elite QB (from California no less) picks Arkansas.

Westcoasthog

Welcome to the University of Arkansas Ricky Town -  Pig Sooee!

Paul

Quote from: Sivad on August 21, 2015, 01:04:36 pm
You have to love what CBB is building here.
Apparrently Ricky Town does too.
It's a great day when an elite QB (from California no less) picks Arkansas.
This football program is moving on up!!!

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on August 21, 2015, 12:10:47 pm
Rafe can switch positions before transferring.  I would think.

Got there before me. RP has to be thinking: This "Town" ain't big enough for 4 QB's.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Been10Hog

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on August 21, 2015, 12:10:47 pm
Rafe can switch positions before transferring.  I would think.
Rafe can win the job!! A little premature don't you think! J.J. Watt says BB doesn't "star gaze" when choosing his starter!

Hoggard

If my memory is correct this is the second year that CBB saved a scholarship that he was able to put to good use later on. How much hair pulling and angst was there in the recruiting forum over that 25th spot ? It was ridiculous to read some of the responses...

I'm very impressed with the patience CBB has shown in the recruiting process. He's very smart. If he wants to hold a scholarship every year to pick up a stud late in the game then great !!!! So glad CBB didn't just grab anyone to fill that final spot as many here seemed to want !!!!

WPS !!!! This is huge guys , huge. Enos is showing what he brings to the table right away. Folks if we can put a passing game with our running attack the Hogs are going to quickly become an annual top 5 team... This is just a HUGE HUGE get... GO HOGS GO CBB !!! WPS  :razorback:
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

lahawg1

Question, does this count against this past class or the class coming up as a recruit?

Hoggard

One other thing !!!!

1. Offensive line U .. Check.
2. RBU.... Check.
3. QBU ? Hell yeah. Check.

Coming next ? WRU !!!!

Come on down Cleveland.
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

Capt. Hamm

Hog-Corleone

I have a feeling that we will have the same problem with Ricky Town(s) as we did with Knile(s) Davis...

NO "S" ATs THEs ENDs OFs HISs NAMEs.  LET"Ss GETs THISs RIGHTs PEOPLEs...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

atekido

Quote from: supersaint on August 21, 2015, 11:32:34 am
One thing that Mustain had over Casey Dick was pedigree.
I wonder if Town has enough pedigree.

The only thing Mustain had over Casey was Hype and a mother who didn't know when to shut her trap.  Anyhow glad we picked up a QB that was actually ranked high by people outside of the Arkansas Fanbase.

PorkRinds

Quote from: lahawg1 on August 21, 2015, 01:19:53 pm
Question, does this count against this past class or the class coming up as a recruit?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: popcornhog on August 21, 2015, 11:28:26 am
The ole reverse Mustain.

Looks like the gOD'S way of saying "dork mahlzanutts debt is paid in full"...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hoggard on August 21, 2015, 01:19:24 pm
If my memory is correct this is the second year that CBB saved a scholarship that he was able to put to good use later on. How much hair pulling and angst was there in the recruiting forum over that 25th spot ? It was ridiculous to read some of the responses...

I'm very impressed with the patience CBB has shown in the recruiting process. He's very smart. If he wants to hold a scholarship every year to pick up a stud late in the game then great !!!! So glad CBB didn't just grab anyone to fill that final spot as many here seemed to want !!!!

WPS !!!! This is huge guys , huge. Enos is showing what he brings to the table right away. Folks if we can put a passing game with our running attack the Hogs are going to quickly become an annual top 5 team... This is just a HUGE HUGE get... GO HOGS GO CBB !!! WPS  :razorback:

This needs to be re-read by MOST of us v e r y  s l o w l y... Great point on back seat QB'ing or Monday Morning driving...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on August 21, 2015, 01:36:12 pm
I have a feeling that we will have the same problem with Ricky Town(s) as we did with Knile(s) Davis...

NO "S" ATs THEs ENDs OFs HISs NAMEs.  LET"Ss GETs THISs RIGHTs PEOPLEs...

The spelling isn't getting me right now, it's saying just town. Ricky Towns rolls of the tongue easy that Ricky Town

SamBuckhart

You are correct, sir. Now we need one of their top WR, to make the transaction complete. Wooo Pig!!!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

YtownHog

Quote from: SamBuckhart on August 21, 2015, 02:05:12 pm
You are correct, sir. Now we need one of their top WR, to make the transaction complete. Wooo Pig!!!

People have forgotten Joe Adams. Although he didn't transfer, he was committed to USC-W.

HamIAm

I agree with what you are saying in principle, but didn't Kevin Richardson get that scholarship?  Where is Town's scholarship coming from if he counts on the 2015 class.  Did we lose someone off of the squad since recruiting season that I am forgetting?  Or is Town going to come to school on his own dollar this fall and get picked up on scholarship next year.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/richardson-earns-scholarship

redeye

Quote from: PossumFan on August 21, 2015, 11:26:35 am
Really unsure how to feel about this. My other favorite team, Virginia, welcomed former 5-star QB Phillip Sims as transfer from Bama 3 years ago and it was an unmitigated disaster from which the Wahoos still have not recovered. Of course, the coaching makes a big difference, but still ...

I remember when Alabama fans were all excited about Sims being their next starter, even though McCarron had outplayed Sims all spring.  They were wanting a dual-threat and not seeing clearly.

redeye

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 21, 2015, 12:19:49 pm
Good for him.  Crazy to see 5 4 star QBS on campus.  Feel good about that position for the next 3-4 years.  That doesnt happen much

6 if you count Damon Mitchell.

redeye

This is a huge point and a great post.  It's also why I keep saying that I don't care if we sign 25 every year.

Last year, we had Josh Allen, Cameron Jefferson the year before and now we have have Ricky Town.  And I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 31to6 on August 21, 2015, 12:45:29 pm
The trade they owe us for is Damien Williams, not Mitch....
Broderick Green.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HamIAm on August 21, 2015, 02:26:33 pm
I agree with what you are saying in principle, but didn't Kevin Richardson get that scholarship?  Where is Town's scholarship coming from if he counts on the 2015 class.  Did we lose someone off of the squad since recruiting season that I am forgetting?  Or is Town going to come to school on his own dollar this fall and get picked up on scholarship next year.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/richardson-earns-scholarship
JWill?
@Slackaveli

bennyl08

Quote from: redeye on August 21, 2015, 02:34:49 pm
This is a huge point and a great post.  It's also why I keep saying that I don't care if we sign 25 every year.

Last year, we had Josh Allen, Cameron Jefferson the year before and now we have have Ricky Town.  And I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Spaight and McKay I think were late comers too during their times.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HamIAm

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 21, 2015, 02:46:03 pm
JWill?

I don't think he loses his scholarship just because he got injured, especially seeing it occured after fall camp started.

scruf

Kevin Richardson's scholarship did not count back to the 2015 class. Coach B explained the rule the other day. Town's schollie comes from the 2015 class since the Hogs did not sign a full 25.

runninhog

Good for the Razorbacks. We're developing a reputation as a program on the move!

HamIAm

Quote from: scruf on August 21, 2015, 02:51:40 pm
Kevin Richardson's scholarship did not count back to the 2015 class. Coach B explained the rule the other day. Town's schollie comes from the 2015 class since the Hogs did not sign a full 25.

Ok, I don't understand where Richardson's scholarship is coming from, but if Bielema explained it I will find it somewhere. Thanks.

SoCal Hog

Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

Etowah

Best man wins the job...one or two will transfer.  That is usually how it works at the QB position.

Demaghog

I believe that last scholly from 2015 was reserved for a WR that shall not be named? This is a nice consolation, and probably a better addition to our team.

tophawg19

i hope he isn't pay back unless you're counting williams too. Mustain didn't give them anything .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

OldCoot

Somewhere HDN is asking himself what the frick.

My question:  Is there a concern about the talent we have on campus right now.  We are QB poor which the last time I remember was with Sorahan/Jones/Jackson.

The_Iceman

Quote from: OldCoot on August 21, 2015, 03:26:03 pm

My question:  Is there a concern about the talent we have on campus right now.  We are QB poor which the last time I remember was with Sorahan/Jones/Jackson.

We are QB poor?

WooPig90

Quote from: HamIAm on August 21, 2015, 03:05:10 pm
Ok, I don't understand where Richardson's scholarship is coming from, but if Bielema explained it I will find it somewhere. Thanks.

From what I understand, if you are a walk on and on the team for 2 years, you can then get a scholarship and it will not count against any class only against the 85.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Greyhands on August 21, 2015, 11:51:34 am
Heck I like it let the cream rise to the top in the next few years competition is a good thing.

And the rest of the milk drops to the bottom and is poured out.

scruf

Quote from: WooPig90 on August 21, 2015, 03:28:29 pm
From what I understand, if you are a walk on and on the team for 2 years, you can then get a scholarship and it will not count against any class only against the 85.
That's it. +1

tusksincolorado

CBB will build it.....and they will come!

GO HAWGS!!!   :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

scruf

Quote from: OldCoot on August 21, 2015, 03:26:03 pm

That was QB coach poor because Matt Jones and Tavaris Jackson had plenty of talent.