Ricky Town to Hogs

Started by Hogdomer, August 21, 2015, 11:14:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogdomer

fanofthehog

RazorPiggie

HOGINTENNESSEE

HOGGISHABOUTAR

WELCOME YOUNG MAN TO ONE OF THE BEST PLACES IN THE COUNTRY TO LIVE, WORK, TO GO TO SCHOOL, TO BE AN ATHLETE, ETC! I AM ORIGINALLY FROM SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ALSO, BUT THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO COMPARISON TO NWA. A LITTLE HIDDEN GEM IN THE USA !!!!!!!!!!!

WOO DAMN PIG! GO HOGS!

PossumFan

Really unsure how to feel about this. My other favorite team, Virginia, welcomed former 5-star QB Phillip Sims as transfer from Bama 3 years ago and it was an unmitigated disaster from which the Wahoos still have not recovered. Of course, the coaching makes a big difference, but still ...

PorkRinds

Quote from: PossumFan on August 21, 2015, 11:26:35 am
Really unsure how to feel about this. My other favorite team, Virginia, welcomed former 5-star QB Phillip Sims as transfer from Bama 3 years ago and it was an unmitigated disaster from which the Wahoos still have not recovered. Of course, the coaching makes a big difference, but still ...

Right, but we have others for him to compete with.  If he doesn't work out, Ty, Austin, or Rafe will.

popcornhog

WPS

sowmonella

Bret once got a transfer QB named Wilson that worked out pretty good.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

supersaint

One thing that Mustain had over Casey Dick was pedigree.
I wonder if Town has enough pedigree.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

sickboy

Well, see your problem right there is that you're talking about Virginia... and the entitled son of a former NFL diva.

Bielema has proven what he can do with a star transfer QB. I don't think you should worry about that. Secondly, we're too deep at QB for cream not to rise to the top, one way or another.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

sickboy

Quote from: supersaint on August 21, 2015, 11:32:34 am
One thing that Mustain had over Casey Dick was pedigree.
I wonder if Town has enough pedigree.

You can never have enough dog food at the QB position. That's a fact.

supersaint

Quote from: sickboy on August 21, 2015, 11:34:00 am
You can never have enough dog food at the QB position. That's a fact.
+1 for the corniness. Oh me so corny.

Jimmy Chitwood

Quote from: sowmonella on August 21, 2015, 11:28:45 am
Bret once got a transfer QB named Wilson that worked out pretty good.

The only difference here is that Town has never played a down in college.
Good things come to those who wait, but only what's left behind by those that hustle.

JayBell

Four potentially worthy starters to compete in the spring.  That's just crazy.

tolerati

Great news!  Looking forward to seeing Ricky Towns in an Arkansas Razorback uniform.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

tolerati

"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

hawginbigd1

Quote from: supersaint on August 21, 2015, 11:35:24 am
+1 for the corniness. Oh me so corny.
+1 for play on FMJ

WPS we are going to Ricky Town!

The_Iceman

hawginbigd1

Quote from: tolerati on August 21, 2015, 11:43:22 am
Great news!  Looking forward to seeing Ricky Towns Town in an Arkansas Razorback uniform.
FIFY ;D

scorekeeper

Nice. Competition at the QB spot!
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

supersaint

You don't have to be Matlock to figure out that this is a good thing.

Professor Psychosis

Next spring is going to be very interesting to watch the QB race.

I have a feeling somebody will transfer out.  I have no opinion on who, and will leave that up to the coaches to decide the depth chart.  I haven't seen enough of Austin, Rafe, and Ty to say a thing about that.

May the best QB win the job.

Greyhands

Heck I like it let the cream rise to the top in the next few years competition is a good thing.

31to6

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 21, 2015, 11:44:44 am
Why the drop all the way to #79?
Which still makes him the highest rated signee in our 2015 class.... (Froholdt was #143) and the 2nd best PRO QB for that year in the SEC....

With Ty that gives us the 2nd and 4th highest rated PRO QB's in the SEC.

That is a GREAT situation.

Svrdhd

Well, this was an interesting week.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

duckman

JIHawg

The 2015 recruiting class just looks better and better.  How much would a five star bump our class ranking last year?

Arthur pigby sellers.

Wow!!!
Should help WR recruiting big time.  Shouldn't be hard to sell getting 2 of the top 10 QBs in the previous class

Has anyone gotten on the USC board to hear their thoughts on him?

mhsbc59

I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

BigD94

So starting next fall...

Austin - 2 years to play
Rafe - 3 years to play
Ty- 4 years to play (assuming he redshirts this year)
Ricky- 4 years to play

correct?
WOO PIG!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on August 21, 2015, 11:57:53 am
Wow!!!
Should help WR recruiting big time.  Shouldn't be hard to sell getting 2 of the top 10 QBs in the previous class

Has anyone gotten on the USC board to hear their thoughts on him?

Makes us 21st.

havok

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on August 21, 2015, 11:49:04 am
Next spring is going to be very interesting to watch the QB race.

I have a feeling somebody will transfer out. 

I have a feeling you are right.. and I bet the coaches by accepting the transfer, are preparing should that happen.

bulldog04

Funny how ESPN breaks the story

rzrbk4life

Big time pick up. We are loaded at qb for the future
Let's call those hogs!!!!

SNORTZENHOGGER

What a great pick-up! Very impressed with the great words that Town had about Coach B... Welcome to the Hogs!! WPS!  :razorback: WPS!!

Unfortunately, I can see possibly RP transferring... Man, I would hate to see that but I would totally understand. Good Luck RP!
Bobby, Fools'ball is from the devil... Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like HOGVILLE, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good! And by the way, Mama. "HOGVILLE POSTERS" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: SNORTZENHOGGER on August 21, 2015, 12:08:28 pm
What a great pick-up! Very impressed with the great words that Town had about Coach B... Welcome to the Hogs!! WPS!  :razorback: WPS!!

Unfortunately, I can see possibly RP transferring... Man, I would hate to see that but I would totally understand. Good Luck RP!
Rafe can switch positions before transferring.  I would think.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

RME

Quote from: SNORTZENHOGGER on August 21, 2015, 12:08:28 pm

Preconceived, much?

Doug

Quote from: popcornhogThe ole reverse Mustain.
Exactly the same reaction I had, haha!

http://twitter.com/BearlyDoug/status/634769804902146052
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

HAWG MAFIA

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on August 21, 2015, 12:10:47 pm
Rafe can switch positions before transferring.  I would think.
what position would he switch to?

Hogarusa

Good for him.  Crazy to see 5 4 star QBS on campus.  Feel good about that position for the next 3-4 years.  That doesnt happen much
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Jborohog09

Quote from: Doug on August 21, 2015, 12:13:43 pm
Exactly the same reaction I had, haha!

http://twitter.com/BearlyDoug/status/634769804902146052

They owe the Hogs for Damian Williams now haha.

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on August 21, 2015, 12:19:55 pm
They still owe us a receiver as well.

Beat me to it.

PossumFan

Quote from: sickboy on August 21, 2015, 11:32:41 am
Well, see your problem right there is that you're talking about Virginia... and the entitled son of a former NFL diva.

I hear ya, but Phillip Sims is not related to Phil Sims if that's what you meant.

trphog

Jek Tono Porkins

Next year there won't be a qb battle, there will be a qb war. AA, Peavey, Storey, and Town will all be shooting for that starting spot. What a fantastic problem to have.
I suppose it is a little unfair to the rest of the QB's but what I would tell them is that whether they start or not is up to them and not anyone else. Are you the best or are you not the best? If you are the best, then prove it. If you're not, work harder.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

PorkRinds

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on August 21, 2015, 12:33:40 pm
Next year there won't be a qb battle, there will be a qb war. AA, Peavey, Storey, and Town will all be shooting for that starting spot. What a fantastic problem to have.
I suppose it is a little unfair to the rest of the QB's but what I would tell them is that whether they start or not is up to them and not anyone else. Are you the best or are you not the best? If you are the best, then prove it. If you're not, work harder.

And if you don't win the job, keep your nose to the grindstone because your number could be called at any time.  One injury away...

HOGINTENNESSEE

August 21, 2015, 12:40:16 pm #49 Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:49:17 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: The_Iceman on August 21, 2015, 11:44:44 am
Why the drop all the way to #79?

79 is his composite. 247 had him at 50 overall on their own final ranking.

Read some USC boards and they said he had a knee injury from his jr year (missed 2 HS because of it) that wasn't completely healed during all the big camps in the summer like the elite 11 which helped cause the drop.

They also blamed it on Media biased against USC because he decommitted from Bama. Which I found humorous.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2318217-army-all-american-game-2015-grading-the-top-10-recruits/page/2

This video talks about the knee injury in some camps