Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rawleigh Williams

Started by GrizzlyRider07, August 19, 2015, 09:35:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 20, 2015, 08:04:37 am
You're probably right, although judging by their 1-10 record last year, Carter was a pushover.  I was offering a reason on why his rating wasnt higher despite his Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl type numbers
I was just going to quote, this is not your "Friday Night Lights" era Dallas Carter we are talking about. Dallas and Ft. Worth High School football is very weak across the board, especially the public schools. I don't think Celina is as powerful as they once were either.

MrsThree

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on August 20, 2015, 08:06:30 am
Will AC still return kickoffs?  Or do you think that might possibly be a role that RW3 slides into?  Possibly Reed as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone from our secondary doing it, I wouldn't want to risk any of those guys!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 20, 2015, 09:28:13 am
I was just going to quote, this is not your "Friday Night Lights" era Dallas Carter we are talking about. Dallas and Ft. Worth High School football is very weak across the board, especially the public schools. I don't think Celina is as powerful as they once were either.

He played in a private school league that doesn't have very many good teams in it.
[CENSORED]!

Nashville Fan

Quote from: ChitownHawg on August 20, 2015, 06:26:25 am

How much film is there on KW other than the goal line plays?
My bad I thought this was a thread about Rawleigh Williams.
Pittman or Bust!

bigdogbitting

RW will be a good replacement for what we lost in Corliss Marshall, jet sweeps, wheel routes and just plain speed runs. Look forward to KW romping on the weaker Dline opponents and speed against the bigs with RW and AC

Woooooo Piiiiiiig

CattleCorn

ITT: Which of our RBs is more beast?  Not ITT: Oh noes, we lost JWill, we suck.

A little RW3 facts to mix it up:

QuoteWilliams III owned the school records for career rushing yards (5,023), career rushing touchdowns (62), career total yardage (5,627), career total touchdowns (71), single season rushing yards (2,814) and single season rushing touchdowns (37).

I love the direction of our program.  Gonna be a great season!

GET HYPE

duckman

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 20, 2015, 09:49:06 am
He played in a private school league that doesn't have very many good teams in it.

Thus the rating of 3-Star, I tend to believe the recruiting services missed on this kid bigtime.  He is very very talented and he isn't built like a freshman.

Wildhog

Quote from: duckman on August 20, 2015, 10:15:54 am
Thus the rating of 3-Star, I tend to believe the recruiting services missed on this kid bigtime.  He is very very talented and he isn't built like a freshman.

Wasn't just the recruiting services, either.  Only other offers were Duke and Okie State came in very late and offered.

I trust our coaches evals, though.  They've proven that they're very good at it. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

factchecker

Quote from: Wildhog on August 20, 2015, 10:18:01 am
Wasn't just the recruiting services, either.  Only other offers were Duke and Okie State came in very late and offered.

I trust our coaches evals, though.  They've proven that they're very good at it.

Wasn't Rawleigh committed to Ole Miss?  Didn't we flip him?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ZERO

Quote from: factchecker on August 20, 2015, 10:24:06 am
Wasn't Rawleigh committed to Ole Miss?  Didn't we flip him?

Yeah, just about to come say that. Also, Oklahoma State didn't offer. Just us, Ole Miss, and Duke. But Duke has surprisingly been pretty good recently.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: factchecker on August 20, 2015, 10:24:06 am
Wan't he commited to Ole Miss?  Didn't we flip him.

Yes. Committed to Arkansas in June 2014, before his senior season. Had been an Ole Miss commit.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

His official biography states:

Chose Arkansas over Ole Miss, Oklahoma State, Stanford and Duke.
[CENSORED]!

factchecker

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 20, 2015, 10:28:38 am
His official biography states:

Chose Arkansas over Ole Miss, Oklahoma State, Stanford and Duke.

As much as we want to get kids with SEC offers,  I love getting kids with offers from Stanford and Duke.  Usually high quality young men who won't have trouble academically. 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wildhog

Ole Miss bumped him for Eric Swinney:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Eric-Swinney-148369

Whatever, though.  We're very fortunate to have him.  I'll take good players any way we can get them.

That's the first I've heard of a Stanford offer.  It was never reported in the process.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ZERO

I just looked at his 24/7 profile and it showed no Oklahoma State or Stanford offer. But hey, I'm glad to hear it's true if so. The more good teams that offer, the better it is that we got him. Especially Stanford, since our offenses are comparable.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Wildhog

Quote from: ZERO on August 20, 2015, 10:26:42 am
Yeah, just about to come say that. Also, Oklahoma State didn't offer. Just us, Ole Miss, and Duke. But Duke has surprisingly been pretty good recently.

Oklahoma State did offer a few days before NSD.  Our recruiting guys reported it.
1909/1964/1965/1977

TexArkHogFan

Billy Sims played for Hooks High School, a town of about 1,000 and was either Class 2A or 3A.  He put up astronomical numbers in HS and didn't do too bad in college.  Just because you play for a small school it doesn't matter if you have the talent.  Just sayin. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

factchecker

Quote from: ZERO on August 20, 2015, 10:33:13 am
I just looked at his 24/7 profile and it showed no Oklahoma State or Stanford offer. But hey, I'm glad to hear it's true if so. The more good teams that offer, the better it is that we got him. Especially Stanford, since our offenses are comparable.

I agree,  I would respect an offer from Stanford more than Ole Miss.  Stanford has to be much more discrete with their offers due to academic standards.  Also, as you mentioned, they run an offense very similar to ours.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogsanity

The thing for those talking about Walker or RWIII is that they may very well need Walker at FB, and if he is not significantly better at RB than RWIII then there is no need to move him out of the FB spot if they can get basically the same production out of RWIII carrying the ball.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hogsanity on August 20, 2015, 10:36:03 am
The thing for those talking about Walker or RWIII is that they may very well need Walker at FB, and if he is not significantly better at RB than RWIII then there is no need to move him out of the FB spot if they can get basically the same production out of RWIII carrying the ball.

No. Just no. They do not need a fullback that bad. They do need three tailbacks that bad. Walker is the number two tailback. RWIII has the role Korliss Marshall was supposed to have last season.
[CENSORED]!

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: factchecker on August 20, 2015, 10:31:02 am
As much as we want to get kids with SEC offers,  I love getting kids with offers from Stanford and Duke.  Usually high quality young men who won't have trouble academically.
Unless you are recruiting for the Lacrosse team... ;D
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

carolinahogger

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on August 20, 2015, 11:25:34 am
Unless you are recruiting for the Lacrosse team... ;D

Ridiculous cheap joke.  Do about 10 minutes of research so you can explain the humor in false accusations and a rogue prosecutor.  The prosecutor, Mike Nifong, was disbarred and jailed for his conduct in the case.

Pretty funny stuff.

Wildhog

Quote from: carolinahogger on August 20, 2015, 11:39:45 am
Ridiculous cheap joke.  Do about 10 minutes of research so you can explain the humor in false accusations and a rogue prosecutor.  The prosecutor, Mike Nifong, was disbarred and jailed for his conduct in the case.

Pretty funny stuff.

Jesus, lighten up.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hoggish1

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on August 20, 2015, 10:35:11 am
Billy Sims played for Hooks High School, a town of about 1,000 and was either Class 2A or 3A.  He put up astronomical numbers in HS and didn't do too bad in college.  Just because you play for a small school it doesn't matter if you have the talent.  Just sayin. 

Right.

So what if he was a three star playing at a private school...?  The talent was equal (his team and theirs).  If he can tear it up with his against theirs, that's all I'm interested in.

War damn Pig!

hawgwash

I agree with your conclusion, and I'm really excited to see RW3.  In fairness, however, there's a ton of difference in the recruiting interest in Sims vs. RW3.  Sims was the subject of a legendary recruiting battle between Oklahoma and Texas.  Maybe others as well, but I think those were the main two.

tophawg19

so we go with A/C , R W 3 AND kENWORTH  for running back
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hawg66

RWIII reminds me in build and running style of Mike Dyer.  Without the baggage of course.  Dyer played in a small classification yet he was highly rated.  I think RWIII didn't camp much, and the services missed on him.

ZERO

Pretty funny stuff.

So, an incident that happened nine years ago - in which the bad guys got what they deserved and the innocent got off the hook, is off limits for a passing, innocent joke?

Congrats on being such a huge pantywaist.

Cinco de Hogo

I'm not worried about his talent, if it's there it's there and our coaches would know that.

As a freshmen he just has to get up to game speed and used to the pounding.  That is where playing in a lesser HS league "might" put him a little behind another player.  He's got some time to make the adjustment and Coach Singleton is one of the best in the business not to mention what Herbert can do for him.

Also our defense will do a very good job with that initiation?   ;D

scruf

RWIII did have over 100 yards in the scrimmage against a host of players with SEC offers so there's that. Not that scrimmage stats count unless you're a QB that has a bad day in situational work but still.

010HogFan

Just watch his highlight tape and see if you still have any doubts. Kid can flat out run the ball.

Hog_Swanson

Pretty funny stuff.
Chill out dude.  Just a joke.  We like to do that from time to time to keep things light.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: ChiTown27 on August 20, 2015, 01:56:40 am
RDub and KDub...😁 Aiming for a little naming consistency.

K&R Dub Club!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Hogarusa

I dont believe the knock is that he is from a small school.  Just an explanation of how a RB can rush for 3500 yards and be a 3 star with not a huge P5 recruiting list. Obviously 100s of examples of high school kids coming from small towns and dominating college
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 20, 2015, 07:49:10 am
Dallas Carter and Celina aren't exactly pushovers.

Yeah, they open with Carter. And, they play Trinity Christian. They're always in the state playoff mix, and have sent plenty of kids to D1 schools.

As for RWIII, his high school film is amazing. So unless you said every one of those teams was average, I would not question the competition he saw. But, this is a different world now. We'll see. Luckily we have a few games for him to get used to the routine, before the really good teams hit our schedule.

I don't know CBB's philosophy...would he give Rawleigh 15+ carries early on, or put the load on Walker and ease RW in gradually? We'll see about that too.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

threeNout

OK, so I've been watching his highlights the last few minutes, always hard to tell because because you have to judge the level of competition, but he appears to have exceptional burst to the 2nd level, really good.

Didn't see him catch a pass yet in the highlights, please let this guy have good hands, I want to see that burst after a catch in the flat, he seems to go from 0 to 60 mighty quick.

GuvHog

I'm really looking forward to watching RWIII play this season. That young man has some serious speed.

As for KW, he isn't the type of back that runs away from people, he'll just run OVER them.

How sweet it is.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on August 20, 2015, 03:12:18 pm
Yeah, they open with Carter. And, they play Trinity Christian. They're always in the state playoff mix, and have sent plenty of kids to D1 schools.

As for RWIII, his high school film is amazing. So unless you said every one of those teams was average, I would not question the competition he saw. But, this is a different world now. We'll see. Luckily we have a few games for him to get used to the routine, before the really good teams hit our schedule.

I don't know CBB's philosophy...would he give Rawleigh 15+ carries early on, or put the load on Walker and ease RW in gradually? We'll see about that too.

I don't see it that way. I think they ease him in gradually and early. AC picks up the slack from the loss of J-Will getting about 8 more carries per game than average. Kody gets about 4 more than average and R-Will gets about 4 more than they originally planned to give him.

At that point they are going to evaluate:

1) who seems to know the offense and the calls the best and can adjust properly to audibles,
2) is willing to stick it in there and pass block (the unglamourous part of being a RB in this system, but necessary nonetheless)
3) and who is running the hardest, seeing the holes and making the correct cuts,
4) running the best patterns and catching the ball when it is thrown to them and then doing something with it after the fact (YAC),
5) who protects the ball best in traffic,

And from all of that we will see who winds up getting the most carries/touches in a game going forward. It could be one, or it could be a mixture of the two based on their strengths and ability to contribute to date.
Go Hogs Go!

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: threeNout on August 20, 2015, 05:41:38 pm
OK, so I've been watching his highlights the last few minutes, always hard to tell because because you have to judge the level of competition, but he appears to have exceptional burst to the 2nd level, really good.

Didn't see him catch a pass yet in the highlights, please let this guy have good hands, I want to see that burst after a catch in the flat, he seems to go from 0 to 60 mighty quick.

His hands look pretty good in this highlight video.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on August 20, 2015, 06:57:10 pm

I can see him chewing up some yards on screen pass. He wears #22. Emmit Smith fan?
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

JeffSpicoli

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 20, 2015, 06:40:48 pm
I don't see it that way. I think they ease him in gradually and early. AC picks up the slack from the loss of J-Will getting about 8 more carries per game than average. Kody gets about 4 more than average and R-Will gets about 4 more than they originally planned to give him.

At that point they are going to evaluate:

1) who seems to know the offense and the calls the best and can adjust properly to audibles,
2) is willing to stick it in there and pass block (the unglamourous part of being a RB in this system, but necessary nonetheless)
3) and who is running the hardest, seeing the holes and making the correct cuts,
4) running the best patterns and catching the ball when it is thrown to them and then doing something with it after the fact (YAC),
5) who protects the ball best in traffic,

And from all of that we will see who winds up getting the most carries/touches in a game going forward. It could be one, or it could be a mixture of the two based on their strengths and ability to contribute to date.
#5 should be #1

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: JeffSpicoli on August 20, 2015, 08:29:04 pm
#5 should be #1

It wasn't necessarily in order, just a list of considerations when it comes to who will get the most carries throughout the season.
Go Hogs Go!

31to6

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on August 20, 2015, 08:06:30 am
Will AC still return kickoffs?  Or do you think that might possibly be a role that RW3 slides into?  Possibly Reed as well.
It remains to be seen of course, but I don't see how we can afford risking one of our 3 RBs running back kicks on a regular basis.

PorkSoda

Quote from: 31to6 on August 20, 2015, 10:00:48 pm
It remains to be seen of course, but I don't see how we can afford risking one of our 3 RBs running back kicks on a regular basis.
dmac and felix used to return kicks.  dennis johnson did as well.  it is one of the places where you can gain a big chunk of yards.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hogdomer

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on August 20, 2015, 06:57:10 pm

My son practices at BL (rw's high school) in the evenings and one of his volunteer coaches was an offensive assistant at BL last year.  He said Williams' had incredibly good hands and caught everything thrown to him last year.  In fact, he told me last week (before JWill went down) that he wouldn't be surprised to see Rawleigh play some in the slot this year.

31to6

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 20, 2015, 10:05:40 pm
dmac and felix used to return kicks.  dennis johnson did as well.  it is one of the places where you can gain a big chunk of yards.

Those teams were deeper than we are after Jwill's injury. One more injured RB and we'd be in bad shape.

bennyl08

Quote from: 31to6 on August 20, 2015, 10:25:02 pm
Those teams were deeper than we are after Jwill's injury. One more injured RB and we'd be in bad shape.

That's debatable.

Nutt            Bielema
Dmac             Jwill
Felix               Collins
Hillis              Walker
Smith              RW3

So, those are the star guys from the teams. At least, the guys who had star potential. So, it begs the question, if Dmac got injured, would Felix have still returned kicks? Keep in mind, Felix AND Dmac were our kick returners and they never got injured. The only guy I can think of who got injured recently as a returner was Johnson. Special teams are injury magnets in general, but I think that goes more for the blockers and tacklers than the actual returners. My evidence? The rule changes on kickoffs. Loss of wedges was injury related to those who were blocking and tackling, not the returners. The spot of the kickoff was to diminish the speed at which blockers and tacklers collided on special teams.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

31to6

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 20, 2015, 11:03:52 pm
That's debatable.

How is it debatable? With JWill down we have 3 running backs and one of them is a true freshman. That's razor thin.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 19, 2015, 09:49:38 pm
who do you think will end up with more carries

RW3 or KW?

[edit]: You said carries not more snaps at HB. (Note to self, read more, drink less)

Can't say I know enough about Raw Will's pass pro and hands to give a guess.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.