Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rawleigh Williams

Started by GrizzlyRider07, August 19, 2015, 09:35:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyRider07

So just how good is this young pup? Is he good enough to come right in and have a good impact for us? For any of you all that have seen him in the scrimmage or practice, can you give an honest opinion on what we should expect?
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Wildhog

I think he's gonna be a good one.  Should have a big impact this year.

He's gonna have to.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

AugustaHog

I think he'll be outstanding in time.  He'll shine this year and really show out next year.  He's already physically ready though.  It sounds like he is solid in pass pro too, which is going to make it possible for him to get lots of early carries.

duckman

He will be a major contributor this year....

PorkSoda

who do you think will end up with more carries

RW3 or KW?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 19, 2015, 09:49:38 pm
who do you think will end up with more carries

RW3 or KW?

KW the first game, we'll see how fast and how well RW3 adjusts to college football. If he does as expected, I think they be about equal for the year.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on August 19, 2015, 09:51:56 pm
KW the first game, we'll see how fast and how well RW3 adjusts to college football. If he does as expected, I think they be about equal for the year.

Have to agree with this.  Probably a slight edge to KW.
1909/1964/1965/1977

AugustaHog

Probably KW, but the split will be far more even by October.

Bigdavis

I just posted this in another thread with the same subject

Bielema said on Bo's show today that he has all the confidence in the world in RW3 to go 1000 yards this season. He and Jemal Singleton and Dan Enos have all said he doesn't look like a freshman. A lot of people at the scrimmage said he flashes the way Alex Collins did his freshman year. I've heard nothing but super high praise for RW3.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

I visited with R.W III on Sunday. He looked beastly. I'd be surprised if he wasn't the #2 Rb by week 2.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Wildhog

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on August 19, 2015, 10:19:30 pm
I visited with R.W III on Sunday. He looked beastly. I'd be surprised if he wasn't the #2 Rb by week 2.

I think you're underestimating KW.  He's a 22 year old man and a very good running back.

RW3 is going to be a good one too, but he's still just a true freshman.  That's not to say he won't be productive, but I'd be pretty surprised if he passes KW.
1909/1964/1965/1977

duckman

Quote from: Wildhog on August 19, 2015, 10:21:20 pm
I think you're underestimating KW.  He's a 22 year old man and a very good running back.

RW3 is going to be a good one too, but he's still just a true freshman.  That's not to say he won't be productive, but I'd be pretty surprised if he passes KW.

I don't think we realize what we have in RW3.  I have been high on him since we flipped him from Ole Piss.  He has that "it" factor when you watch his video, I think we will all be shocked at how good he really is.

AugustaHog

All this is encouraging because CBB has said that Kody is capable of being a 1000 yd back as well.  He has a ton of confidence that we are stacked at RB and will show no ill effects from JWill's injury.  We just have to take care of these 3 until UTEP comes to town.  We can't afford another blow to our depth.

Wildhog

Quote from: duckman on August 19, 2015, 10:25:33 pm
I don't think we realize what we have in RW3.  I have been high on him since we flipped him from Ole Piss.  He has that "it" factor when you watch his video, I think we will all be shocked at how good he really is.

Nah, I won't be shocked.  Like I said, I think he'll be a good one for us.  Maybe even a great one, even though we really didn't "flip him" from Ole Miss. 

I'm just a big KW fan, and think you're all going to be shocked at how good HE really is.
1909/1964/1965/1977

duckman

Quote from: Wildhog on August 19, 2015, 10:28:05 pm
Nah, I won't be shocked.  Like I said, I think he'll be a good one for us.  Maybe even a great one, even though we really didn't "flip him" from Ole Miss. 

I'm just a big KW fan, and think you're all going to be shocked at how good HE really is.

Like KW too, apples and oranges.  4th quarter KW is going to be a bulldozer....

Calling All Hogs

I stopped predicting how good players will be in college based on high school performance after Kane Whitehurst. Hope he gets his 1000 yards and I'll rely on CBB's comments for now until he makes it to the field.

31to6

Quote from: Wildhog on August 19, 2015, 10:21:20 pm

Nobody is going to want to tackle Kody in the 4th quarter.

And he has always been great in goal-to-go situations.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

JWill tweeted after surgery that he is still faster than RW3 right now.

RW3 responded with bk with something like those must be some good meds

MissippHog

Quote from: AugustaHog on August 19, 2015, 10:27:06 pm
We just have to take care of these 3 until UTEP comes to town.  We can't afford another blow to our depth.
That's my biggest concern, keeping them healthy.  I think AC, KW, and RW can get the job done.  We just can't afford to go an extended period of time without one of them.

ChiTown27

RDub and KDub...😁 Aiming for a little naming consistency.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on August 19, 2015, 11:26:20 pm
JWill tweeted after surgery that he is still faster than RW3 right now.

RW3 responded with bk with something like those must be some good meds

Funny...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ChitownHawg

Why are many saying RW3 is better than KW? KW was rated higher, according to 247, than RW3 coming out of high school. Not by much but higher.

And KW has had two years with CBH. I think some are under estimating KW. But this is typical Hogville - root for the #2 when comparing to the #1 or in this case the #3 to the #2.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Maybe we find our Nick Chubb this year...
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

ALLVOL

Running back is the easiest position for freshman to step in and play day one. 

Nashville Fan

Plus sometimes it's an advantage in the SEC to not be on game film the first year. People get studied and picked apart after time in this conference.
Pittman or Bust!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 20, 2015, 05:54:48 am
Running back is the easiest position for freshman to step in and play day one.

It maybe, but pass protection is what usually limits freshmens carries. The coaches are saying he does a good job of this, but is a long ways from being game ready with pass protection. If he is not game ready then he cannot be on the field during passing plays. Which then means he is only on the field during run plays which tips your hand on what you are going to do.

CBB's history has been if there is an upper classman with equal or better talent ahead of the freshman then the upper classman plays first. KW was a higher ranked recruit than RW3.

Quote from: Nashville Fan on August 20, 2015, 06:02:11 am
Plus sometimes it's an advantage in the SEC to not be on game film the first year. People get studied and picked apart after time in this conference.

How much film is there on KW other than the goal line plays?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

goodguytex

KW did fantastic in the spring game. I look for more of the same this year. He does need to stress ball security though. Don't need a repeat of the Bama game.

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: ChiTown27 on August 20, 2015, 01:56:40 am
RDub and KDub...😁 Aiming for a little naming consistency.

Love this!  +1 sir!

Hogarusa

I will put my money on Walker having a better season and being more effective than RW3 this year.  As a true freshman, i expect flashes of brilliance followed by times of frustration.  Look forward to seeing him on the field.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

lefty08

The faster RJ comes along the more solid we can be at the FB position as well. If he can come quickly, then KW can stay at FB and we won't lose as much there
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

the swinetime

I think we will find a place for all three because they bring different attributes.  Where Kody is a bulldozer RWIII seems quicker and faster, think Felix Jones to Peyton Hillis both great RB's but they bring different skills to the table.  It will be a great change of pace throughout the game.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: duckman on August 19, 2015, 09:48:07 pm
He will be a major contributor this year....
agreed. I never understood how he wasn't higher rated and i said it all last year while he was putting up 300 yards a week in friggin DALLAS. I figured he'd have to be the man with JWill in the NFL. When he came back I figured RWIII would redshirt but let's see what he got.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 20, 2015, 06:59:06 am
I will put my money on Walker having a better season and being more effective than RW3 this year.  As a true freshman, i expect flashes of brilliance followed by times of frustration.  Look forward to seeing him on the field.
totally agree on this point but it has far more to do with Walker being a friggin beast than RWIII not being ready. I need to see RW catch and block first.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hogarusa

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 20, 2015, 07:09:06 am
agreed. I never understood how he wasn't higher rated and i said it all last year while he was putting up 300 yards a week in friggin DALLAS. I figured he'd have to be the man with JWill in the NFL. When he came back I figured RWIII would redshirt but let's see what he got.

Probably because Bishop Lynch was a private school.  Seems doubtful they played against any Texas powerhouses. 

hogfan58

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 20, 2015, 07:09:06 am

He played in the Texas Private School League, which is separate from the Texas Public School League. His school did play public schools in non-district games, but against lower classification schools.

His school was a 5A Private school (highest) - he was a man among boys in TAAPS; in non-district, his school played 3A and 4A public schools (UIL).

Not to take anything away from him or his talent, but when watching his tape, you need to know who he's playing against.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 20, 2015, 07:41:05 am
Probably because Bishop Lynch was a private school.  Seems doubtful they played against any Texas powerhouses. 

Dallas Carter and Celina aren't exactly pushovers.
Go Hogs Go!

Youngsta71701

I think he's going to have about the same impact as Alex Collins did when he was a freshman. Reminds me of a little Emmitt Smith with more speed. Not saying he's going to be better than Emmitt, but that's who he reminds me of.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Dugann

I feel that RW3 is like AC as a freshman.  If he was to be the solid #2 he'd get 900 to 1000 yards not a second thought on that.  I think he is that good.

However KW is a wrecking ball and has a different style of running then RW3.  RW3 is different then AC in running style.  If used right that is to our advantage.

What we have is #1AC and #2A KW and #2B in RW3.  Who ever is hot is who will carry the load that day IMO especially in the #2 back package.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

MrsThree

We need two "thunders" and two "lightenings".

AC is lightening #1  RW is lightening #2

KW is thunder #1,  who's gonna be thunder number #2?,  that's my question.

I still expect a lot from our power run game, so I expect KW to excel.

Hogarusa

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 20, 2015, 07:49:10 am

You're probably right, although judging by their 1-10 record last year, Carter was a pushover.  I was offering a reason on why his rating wasnt higher despite his Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl type numbers

DiamondHogFan

Will AC still return kickoffs?  Or do you think that might possibly be a role that RW3 slides into?  Possibly Reed as well.

HogShat

Quote from: the swinetime on August 20, 2015, 07:07:11 am
I think we will find a place for all three because they bring different attributes.  Where Kody is a bulldozer RWIII seems quicker and faster, think Felix Jones to Peyton Hillis both great RB's but they bring different skills to the table.  It will be a great change of pace throughout the game.

This is exactly what I was thinking. +1

oldhawg

I can imagine coaches and defensive players of opposing teams thinking, "Good, we don't have to game plan for that JWill kid at Arkansas anymore. 

Hopefully one of his replacements will create just as big a game planning problem as JWill, or otherwise opponents can focus primarily on Alex Collins.

jgphillips3

RWIII will be electrifying at times this year.  He'll expose us at times too by being a freshman but he is a threat to take it to the house when he breaks into the defensive backfield.  The combo of KW & RWIII along with AC will be a lot for defenses to deal with and each one is a different style of back which will be confounding for defenses too.

ALLVOL

Quote from: ChitownHawg on August 20, 2015, 06:26:25 am
It maybe, but pass protection is what usually limits freshmens carries. The coaches are saying he does a good job of this, but is a long ways from being game ready with pass protection. If he is not game ready then he cannot be on the field during passing plays. Which then means he is only on the field during run plays which tips your hand on what you are going to do.

CBB's history has been if there is an upper classman with equal or better talent ahead of the freshman then the upper classman plays first. KW was a higher ranked recruit than RW3.

How much film is there on KW other than the goal line plays?
Pass protection is without doubt where the Hogs will most miss JW. He was the best of the lot in that area. Will the youngster be as good of an all around back as JW? Of course not. But this is the easiest place for a Frosh to make an immediate impact. DLINE would be the 2nd easiest.

Huds_HawgTide

I normally agree bout d line being easy to contribute....but we r 3 deep in all four spots with quality bodies there
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

LRHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 20, 2015, 08:50:39 am
Pass protection is without doubt where the Hogs will most miss JW. He was the best of the lot in that area. Will the youngster be as good of an all around back as JW? Of course not. But this is the easiest place for a Frosh to make an immediate impact. DLINE would be the 2nd easiest.

It will be fascinating to see how Enos tries to keep the SEC defensive coordinators off balance with our on-field personnel. I am excited to see what Enos has dialed up for obvious passing downs. Who will be in to pass block? If RWIII can pass block effectively enough AND catch balls in space as well as the reports say he's doing, I think that he will end up getting more playing time than KW.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on August 20, 2015, 08:56:20 am
I normally agree bout d line being easy to contribute....but we r 3 deep in all four spots with quality bodies there
I'm just talking about position groups where a Frosh can make a smoother transition from highschool to college. Of course if upper classmen are better they will start.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

scruf

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 20, 2015, 07:49:10 am
Against Dallas Carter:

For his effort against Dallas Carter in Week 1, Bishop Lynch Friar Rawleigh Williams III was named as the Texas Built Ford Tough Player of the Week.  Williams III ran the ball 9 times for 206 yards and 4 TDs in a little more than one quarter of work before being pulled against Dallas Carter on August 28.

http://www.bishoplynch.org/Football