Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Preseason Hogs

Started by bennyl08, August 14, 2015, 03:55:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bennyl08

August 14, 2015, 03:55:10 pm Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:09:25 pm by bennyl08
Note: I haven't been able to watch any of these games so visual commentary rather than just box score rewrites would be awesome.

BAL vs NO
Kiero Small: 1 catch, 1 yard off 1 target.
Zack Hocker: 2/3 on FG's, making 47 and 50, and missing a 50 IIRC. 1/1 on EP's which are now from the 15. The kicker he is competing against had no FG opportunities and went 2/2 on EP's. Baltimore had no kick return stats.
Jerry Franklin: 1 assisted tackle for a 3 yard run on 2nd down which helped hold ravens to FG. On ensuing kickoff, franklin was called for holding. One more tackle, solo this time on a pass play, or at least a push out of bounds.

DET vs NYJ
Travis Swanson: No stats, but the Lions offense absolutely rolled. No idea how much he played.

GB vs NE
Trey Flowers: Had two tackles, one assisted, and the other a sack on Aaron Rodgers, meaning he was out vs the 1's of GB and possibly with the 1's of Pats.
No stats for Bequette at either TE or defense.

MIA vs CHI
Cobi Hamilton: 4 catches, 49 yards, long 19, 9 targets. He earned over 20% of the targets and was by far the leading receiver stats wise. However, I have no idea how many of those targets were catchable. Catching 4/9 needs to be improved, but some of those could have been throwaways in his general direction.

WAS vs CLE
Martrell Spaight: ESPN and NFL differ slightly on his stats. NFL has him with 3 unassisted and 2 assisted, ESPN has him with 4 unassisted and 2 assisted. Regardless he was either the 3rd or tied for second highest volume tackler on the field for the Skins. Actually both teams.
Robert Thomas had one assisted tackle.
Alonzo Highsmith had a tackle.

DAL vs SD
Dmac: while injured and he didn't play, none of the other guys made any moves in week 1.
Javontee Herndon: Targeted once, but no catches. On special teams, he had 1 KR for 22 yards, and 3 PR for an avg of 21 yards with his longest only 30. Meaning he consistently got yards, not just one big one.

CAR vs BUF
Notable that Gragg had no receptions or targets.

SF vs HOU
Mallett went 10/11 for 90 yards. His competition Hoyer went 2/4 for 67 and a td. Of note, one of his 2 completions was a 58 fluke td pass.

TB vs MIN
J Wright, two catches for 50 yards, long 26.

KC vs ARI
Knile Davis: 4 carries 23 yards, long 20.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

DET vs WAS
Spaight again led in tackles, with 5 solo and 2 assists.
Robert Thomas got 2 tackles and 1 assist and Alonzo Highsmith recorded 1 tackle.

BUF vs CLE
Gragg led the Bills in receiving yards with 3-56. All of those came on one drive before half on the way to a score. He didn't lead in catches or targets though.

SEA vs KC
Knile went 11-29 on the ground and 2-6 receiving. It was a defensive game with neither offense thriving.

MIA vs CAR
A week after leading the team in catches, yards and targets (4, ?, 9), this week Cobi registered only 2 targets and caught neither. Update on last week though, I saw one of his 'targets' from last week that ended up an interception and he had zero chance of catching the ball.

BAL vs PHI
Kiero didn't get any carries or catches but he did register a tackle.

CHI vs IND
No stats to report, but Tevin was picked up off the waivers by Indy, a much better team for him to be on.

JAX vs NYG
Chris Smith registered two solo tackles with one of them a sack, the team's only sack.

NE vs NO
Still no action for Bequette and Flowers was quiet too. Jerry Franklin led the Saints in tackles with 5 solo and 1 assist. Hocker only saw action on kickoff which he drilled 5 yards deep into the end zone for a touchback.

OAK vs MIN
Wright had 1 catch for 5 yards off 2 targets. One of those targets was a deep ball that didn't connect.

DEN vs HOU
Mallet went 5-7 for 23 yards in a night where he apparently lost the starting job.

SD vs ARI
Herndon also had 1 catch for 5 yards with 2 targets. Philon also had 2 solo tackles with 1 sack though unlike the jags, chargers had 6 total sacks on the night.

DAL vs SF
McFadden had 3 carries for 4 yards and 1 catch for 3. All the players were being met in the backfield and he barely saw two series.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

August 25, 2015, 01:11:10 am #2 Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:41:48 am by bennyl08
Alvin Bailey, 2 games 1 start
Knile Davis, 2 games, 15 carries, 52 yards, 4 receptions, 23 yards. 2 KR, 43 yards
AJ Derby, injured
Trey Flowers, 1 game, 3 solo, 8 assist, 1 sack (on aaron rogers mind you), 2 TFL, 2 qb hits, 1 pass defended
Jerry Franklin, 2 games, 14 solo, 6 assist
Brett Goode, 2 games
Chris Gragg, 2 games, 8 catches 128 yards, 1 td,
Cobi Hamilton, 2 games, 7 catches, 85 yards, at least 16 targets though
Javontee Herndon, 2 games, 1 carry 42 yards, 5 catches 45 yards, 9 PR, 96 yards, 1 KR 22 yards,
Alonzo Highsmith, 2 games, 1 solo, 1 assist
Zach Hocker, 2 games, 4-5 on FG's long 53, 2 50+, 1-1 on EP's, 4 kickoff's, 3 touchbacks.
Cameron Jefferson, appeared in first game
Ryan Mallett, 2 games, 1 start, 24-37, 190 yards 1 td, 2 rush 7 yards
Darren McFadden, 1 game, 7 carries 41 yards, 2 catch 9 yards
Tevin Mitchel, injury
Jason Peters, 2 games, 2 starts
Darius Philon, 2 games, 5 solo, 1 assist, 1 sack, 1 TFL
Kiero Small, 2 games, 3 catch 6 yards
Chris Smith, 2 games, 4 tackles, 3 assists 2 sacks
Martrell Spaight, 2 games, 11 solo, 9 assist
Travis Swanson, 2 games, 2 starts
Robert Thomas, 2 games, 2 solo, 5 assist
DJ Williams, 1 game
Jarius Wright 3 games, 6 catches, 76 yards

Steef

Wow, Ben!

That's a lot of work!

Thanks! Nice thread.

bennyl08

Stats updated to include all of preseason, though I haven't gone through to update games played.

Two guys on the bubble who I think did the most to impress were Jerry Franklin and Javontee Herndon.