Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Root 66

Started by Oklahawg, August 09, 2015, 10:03:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

August 09, 2015, 10:03:02 pm Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:24:57 am by Doug
Many long-time HV posters know Phil, Root 66 to many of us.

Phil was an early catalyst for HV (other boards also) and is a living museum of knowledge on the Hogs. He is responsible for the 1964 Hog logo.

Phil has been battling illness of late and sure could use some encouraging words. Chime in here if you wish.

Phil, you and I don't always look at the world the same way but we begin as Hog fans and St. Louis Cardinals fans, so we can't stay angry at one another very long. Take care, brother!

(Doug's edit: Only to add the 1964 logo)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

snoblind

Sad to hear.  Hope you get to feeling better Root.

Huds_HawgTide

In our thoughts and prayers
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

bphi11ips

Root is one of the best Hogville posters ever.  Enjoy this season, Root.  Hogs are worth living for. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

As one of your old political adversaries, I tip my hat at your hog and cardinal knowledge, while still chuckling at your temper that could get the best of you. Like Okie says, we may not agree on many things, but the world is a more rich and interesting place with you in it.

pigture perfect

Sorry to hear it Root. Sure wish you'd come back around. Always enjoyed your posts.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Hang in there Root 66!  This is going to be a season to remember! 

Torqued pork

Was Root 66 and ThisLittlePiggy the same poster?

Trottsky

We're pulling for you, sir.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Ray Piggers

Feel better, Root. We're all pullin' for ya
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

chitwnhog

Root is and always has been one of the best parts of Hogville. Here's to improved health and continued posting.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Prayers for Root 66.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

ckhawgu

Hang in there Root... prayers

goodguytex

I consider Root to be a friend, and I am very sorry to learn he has been I'll. There is no doubt as to his genuine love and devotion for the Arkansas Razorbacks, and he will always have my sincere appreciation and respect. I pray God heals him of all that's ailing him.

old hog

Hate hearing this. Get better Root.. Man has forgotten more about the Hogs than most of us will ever learn. A true hog historian, and a good person. Prayers with you 
Phil.

LZH

Praying for ya Root. Get well soon.

MuskogeeHogFan

Hope you get to feeling better Root. Hang in there man. God Bless you.
Go Hogs Go!

Albert Einswine

Root's Razorback knowledge is unsurpassed, he's a Hog encyclopedia. Get well Root!

And Go Cubs!

;D
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Mike_e

So, anyway, there was this priest and this Rabi...

No, really, don't let it get to you Brother.  Shake it off like a lab shaking off pond water cause you know you were right, right?

Mike
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

Theolesnort

Hang in there Root. These young ones need us Old Farts to keep them well grounded and informed. ;)
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

BPsTheMan

God bless you Root - prayers for you sir - get better

grayhawg

"Get well soon Root"

SamBuckhart

Would be good to know how you see the HOGS this year. Get well Soon. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Doug

Phil, you and I haven't always seen eye to eye on Social issues, however, I do have a TON of respect for you, both for standing up for your ideals and for your insanely incredible Razorback historical knowledge.

I am so sorry you're having to deal with this... and hope that, for as feisty as you can be, it translates to your mindset when dealing with this situation. Something deep down tells me that you're nowhere near done kicking anyone's ass (mine included).

Stay strong and keep up the good fight, Phil.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GO

Prayers your way for a fast recovery! Stay strong.

hoglady

Root,
Praying for you.
Hope you start feeling better real soon.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

An old hog fanatic

Being almost older than dirt, I always thought I had a pretty good grasp on Hog history. However, you have amazed me at times by coming up with a small detail or piece of knowledge I had not heard before. I enjoy your posts and appreciate what you bring to the Hogville table. Hope you get to feeling better!
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

HogWall Jackson

Root, you are a great fan, the Best. Our prayers are with you. Get well soon. You are the Man!

jgphillips3

Root, as I approach my tenth year on this board, you are one of a tiny handful of posters who ARE Hogville to me.  You are opinionated but not in an insulting way.  You are opinionated in the way of a man who has the convictions of his beliefs and, even if I disagree, you always have my respect. Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

BorderPatrol

Praying for you, Root!!!

bp

Wayne Watson

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family, Root.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

The Kig

Fight the fight... this could be the season that you have been waiting for....
Poker Porker

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Hawgey-Davidson

Need you back Root. Prayers sent.

Lanny

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 09, 2015, 10:03:02 pm
Many long-time HV posters know Phil, Root 66 to many of us.

Phil was an early catalyst for HV (other boards also) and is a living museum of knowledge on the Hogs. He is responsible for the 1964 Hog logo.

Phil has been battling illness of late and sure could use some encouraging words. Chime in here if you wish.

Phil, you and I don't always look at the world the same way but we begin as Hog fans and St. Louis Cardinals fans, so we can't stay angry at one another very long. Take care, brother!

(Doug's edit: Only to add the 1964 logo)
Phil, we're thinking of you and pray for the best
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

staffhog

"When the world seems cold and the storms, oh, how they howl" there's someone who cares for you."  Plus, there are many more right here at Hogville Rootin for you Root. 

I had been missing your input but thought maybe you just calmed down.  Come on back, we miss you.

That is a hell of an accomplishment with the logo; that's hall of fame stuff.

Hoggish1

Root, get better.  This season will bring you joy, so get better!

wholehog92

Root, you are too cantankerous to give in yet.  Kick whatever has a hold of you in the teeth and get into shape for watching the season.  I believe it will be a fun ride.

There are very few posters on this board whose football opinion I think more of.  Your historical prospective is always something I enjoy.

I know I have said some things on other boards to you regarding social issues that were harsh.  I'm not sure I'm sorry, but I do want you to know my opinion is no more important than yours so don't take me too serious.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

sowmonella

Get well Root!  :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

WizardofhOgZ

Whatever it is he's dealing with - I feel sorry for it!  Root is a tough son of a gun, and I'm sure he'll pull through this.

Root - we haven't always been on the same page.  But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I have great respect for your knowledge of the Hogs and your "fandom" in general.  I also enjoyed out debates, even if we did get a little cantankerous with each other from time to time.  But Hog fans are no different than any other family . . . we can get after each other sometimes - but woe be to anyone who steps in against us - especially if he's dressed in burnt orange!

Best wishes, buddy.  Sit back, relax, and enjoy this upcoming football season.  Hopefully, you'll feel like jumping in on one of my posts and correcting me!

;)

NaturalStateReb

Hopes for a swift recovery, Root!
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

LSUFan

Stay strong Brotha Phil!
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Oklahawg

Great response fellas! Phil, HV has you in our thoughts and prayers.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

PorcineSublime

Thoughts and prayers brother!
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Bacons Rebellion

Root, you are immortal. The hog on a helmet is the nation's most recognizable image of the whole state of Arkansas.

But for now, get better!

Mulberry Squeezins

Hey Root, feralhog wants you to know you are in his thoughts and prayers.

BigPapaHawg

Thoughts and prayers with you!!!!
WOO PIG

RazorBassin

Prayer sent up for you Root, hope you get to feeling better.