Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 10:01:46 pm

Blame the Players!

Started by Pyrotechnician, September 29, 2012, 03:41:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyrotechnician

I get so sick of people saying these are kids....no they arent.  If you are over 18 you can enlist in the Army, get a job, start a family, go to jail!  These are young men who are DODGING their responsibilities!  They signed a legal binding contract with the university of Arkansas to play football in exchange for a free education!  If I were Jeff Long, I'd start pulling schollies and tell the team, No performance....no scholarship!  Remember, when you are 18 or older, the law says you are a grown man responsible for your own actions!
SEC Referees Oath concerning the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I swear to throw the flag...the whole flag and nothing but the flag so help me Mike Slive!

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Omahabound

Quote from: farmhawg on September 29, 2012, 03:41:54 pm
Trash.
Whatever. Great post buddy. Players are NOT very good!!! And it is very evident they have given up!!

rhog1

Wow whats wrong with you these kids and yes 18 years old even 24 years old are still kids had no chance this season their coach took himself out before the season started and the coach brought in is a clown. The atmosphere right now is so dysfunctional that no one could win now but yes lets blame the players and not the people who are getting paid to ruin our program.

hawgwatcher

I have a child that just turned 18 and believe me, they are kids at 18.  Yes, they can do all of those things you listed, but they are emotionally fragile.  When their GF or BF breaks up with them, they make a bad grade on a paper they put hours into, or they get their hopes up for a great season and have them dashed (just an example), it doesn't take much for them to crumble.  Their highs are higher and their lows are lower.  They are impulsive and disorganized for the most part.  They need authority (military provides that) and they need a person that's RESPONSIBLE to LEAD them.  If you let them, they will probably make poor decisions initially, as this is their first time "on their own".  They want to be treated as adults, but they are still immature for the most part.  As a fan I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under me.  I can only imagine how the past 5-6 months have been for them.  Everyone told them they were going to be champions, they believed the hype.  They did not have the leadership to make them champions.  Now they're supposed to do it on their own?  Not possible.  Everyone, including myself, thought this was a great coaching staff because BP hired them.  Nobody had any idea that he was so controlling of everything and was really coaching EVERY aspect of the program.  These guys were nothing but "yes men" to him.  They cannot coach...PERIOD.  This year was lost when the players asked for a "players coach" and JL gave them one.
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing"- Vince Lombardi

hobhog

I went to the Tcu Smu game yesterday with my daughter and Smu plays better defense than we do. Not ONE of their players is SEC material. It's ALL coaching, believe me.....