Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WKU finishes out 2019 football schedule, basketball games, too

Started by ricepig, March 06, 2018, 11:42:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ChicoHog

What an exciting OOC schedule for 2019; Portland St, Colorado St, San Jose St and Western Kentucky.  I know the Hilltoppers have a pretty decent program but these 4 are nothing to get excited about.

Wildhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 06, 2018, 02:09:50 pm
What an exciting OOC schedule for 2019; Portland St, Colorado St, San Jose St and Bowling Green of Kentucky-now called Western Kentucky.  I know the Hilltoppers have a pretty decent program but these 4 are nothing to get excited about.

Should be four wins.  That's a good thing.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RME

rhames

What an exciting OOC schedule for 2019; Portland St, Colorado St, San Jose St and Bowling Green of Kentucky-now called Western Kentucky.  I know the Hilltoppers have a pretty decent program but these 4 are nothing to get excited about.

Blame Michigan

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

247Hog

You never know what time is a going to have a season like UCF did this past season. OOC is just a roll of the dice. We scheduled much better this year in basketball and didn't really seem to help us much.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

SooieGeneris

You can thank Michigan for that. Colorado State and WKU are not Notre Dame but they are not automatic wins either. Notre Dame is coming up in 2020 I believe it is, first time matchup.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Atlhogfan1

Not a bad job of scheduling on such short notice thanks to Michigan.  Obviously WKU had a little leverage as they got a home basketball game out of this.  Diddle Arena is one of the more tradition rich low/mid major arenas and it will be a chance for a non conf road win against a traditionally good program.  As far as football, 2019 is when we are back to 3 home SEC games and trips to Bama and LSU.  No issue with an early Nov win. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jst01

As someone who just relocated to Bowling Green, I'm excited I could go down the road and watch the Hogs play here!

(notOM)Rebel123

Huh?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ChicoHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 06, 2018, 03:30:16 pm
Huh?
There used to be 2 Bowling Greens.  Ohio and Kentucky.  They changed the name to Western Kentucky probably 30 years ago or so. 

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 06, 2018, 06:44:25 pm
There used to be 2 Bowling Greens.  Ohio and Kentucky.  They changed the name to Western Kentucky probably 30 years ago or so. 

The things you DO learn on Hogville. +1

I have a friend who's a Western Ky alum...it'll be fun trash-talking with him.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

(notOM)Rebel123

Might want to check the WKU website...
https://www.wku.edu/library/archive/2.php

"WKU has had five name changes through the years:

Western Kentucky State Normal School 1906-1922
Western Kentucky State Normal School & Teachers College 1922-1930
Western Kentucky State Teachers College 1930-1948
Western Kentucky State College 1948-1966
Western Kentucky University 1966-present"

ChicoHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 06, 2018, 08:25:13 pm
Might want to check the WKU website...
https://www.wku.edu/library/archive/2.php

"WKU has had five name changes through the years:

Western Kentucky State Normal School 1906-1922
Western Kentucky State Normal School & Teachers College 1922-1930
Western Kentucky State Teachers College 1930-1948
Western Kentucky State College 1948-1966
Western Kentucky University 1966-present"

I guess I am mistaken!  Thanks for the info.  I swear there were two Bowling Green's at one time but maybe I'm hallucinating.  That darn Google gets me every time!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 06, 2018, 08:40:23 pm
I guess I am mistaken!  Thanks for the info.  I swear there were two Bowling Green's at one time but maybe I'm hallucinating.  That darn Google gets me every time!

Well, there was a "Bowling Green Business University" that "merged" into WKU many, many years ago. Just didn't want the real Bowling Green Falcons to be
discounted in the thread.

Bacons Rebellion

I had forgotten that. Memories of an "Esso College Football Review 1967" pamphlet swirls up from the depths.

hog of steele

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 06, 2018, 08:40:23 pm

Western Kentucky is apparently in bowling green Kentucky. Maybe that is the source of confusion.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hog of steele on March 06, 2018, 08:46:41 pm
Western Kentucky is apparently in bowling green Kentucky. Maybe that is the source of confusion.

Yep. Bowling Green University is in Bowling Green, Ohio.
https://www.bgsu.edu

ChicoHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 06, 2018, 08:44:56 pm
Well, there was a "Bowling Green Business University" that "merged" into WKU many, many years ago. Just didn't want the real Bowling Green Falcons to be
discounted in the thread.
There we go.  Now I feel better about my memory!

Hawgphat

Remember The Citadel.

:-\

(notOM)Rebel123

March 06, 2018, 09:13:12 pm #20 Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 09:29:09 pm by (notOM)Rebel123
Quote from: ChicoHog on March 06, 2018, 09:08:02 pm
There we go.  Now I feel better about my memory!

Well, if it goes back to the early 60's..kudos. 😉

(But according to the WKU website, WKU was never known as Bowling Green of Kentucky.)

cram224

Next door neighbor son starts at WKy. They could be like Toledo, very tuff out.

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"