Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gus Malzahn

Started by Ironhawg, October 23, 2017, 07:30:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

If Bielema is fired, would you support Gus Malzahn as head coach at Arkansas?

Yes
144 (60.8%)
No
60 (25.3%)
Frito Pie
33 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 234

Voting closed: October 25, 2017, 07:30:45 pm

threeNout

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 23, 2017, 08:38:48 pm
Is CK mobile enough to run Gus' offense?
Gus would tweak it I bet.

Matt Burks

Quote from: nichc85 on October 23, 2017, 08:39:05 pm
Can't support Malzahn as Hog head coach. He would not be an applicant that comes in with a fresh slate. Divisive from day one.

Win at all costs. Remember the gun issue when he was at AState. Looked the other way until it became public knowledge. To me he is of the Rick Pitino mold but no hookers.
I almost forgot about the gun issue.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Matt Burks on October 23, 2017, 08:29:44 pm
What makes you so confident that Gus could make us a winning program here? As much as I love my Hogs, we don't have the recruiting history that Auburn has had for many years. Do you think he can recruit the same type of players at Arkansas as he does at Auburn?

A friend of mine knows Tim Horton well. He said Tim told him there is no comparison between recruiting at Auburn vs. Arkansas. But we know that. So what ?  14-11-1.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: Matt Burks on October 23, 2017, 08:15:46 pm
All coaching hires are a gamble (except Saban) so why not hire someone with a chance at pushing that ceiling hire? You're right, Gus would push us to mediocrity. Would he be better than CBB? Probably, but maybe not by much.
Just looking at the last 2 years...better by 108 to 23.

Davidr295

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 23, 2017, 08:39:55 pm
He had been there before and knows what goes on. So they offered and he accepted. You think they offered Chizik  because of his stellar 5 - 18 Iowa St record.

If what you assume is going on, they would be under investigation. Name a coach at a non power conference job that would turn down the auburn job.....

kp72204

Well, I suppose I'd root for anybody at this point. He does have a system that basically all coaches run some variation. I personally think he'd be better than CBB just by the offense alone. Get a running QB and hope for the best. If it was me I'd make a run for the patriots coaches.

grayhawg

We can speculate all we want and it is entertaining but a snowball surviving in a 400 degree oven is more likely than Malzahn coming to Arkansas.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: grayhawg on October 23, 2017, 08:57:19 pm
We can speculate all we want and it is entertaining but a snowball surviving in a 400 degree oven is more likely than Malzahn coming to Arkansas.

.........hmmmm
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

idochog

Better chance of mahlzan willing to goto Tennessee.

See if he pulls a nutt and tries to put his name in that hat
I love Jesus!

PORKULATOR

I hate Gus and I would take no pride in it but I do like winning

With that, I vote Frito Pie
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Pigdiana Jones

The reason I can't stand him is because he comes off as a moral and ethical coach, but the truth is that he was involved in that whole $cam Newton thing and $cam was ineligible according to SEC bylaws and yet still played him. Then in his first or second season he said that players won't fake injuries to change momentum and what happened? His player calmly walks, stands there for a second and collapses on the ground with a fake injury. It completely changed the Hogs momentum of the game and the Hogs lost the game. Hence he is called St. Gus the Hypocrite.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Davidr295 on October 23, 2017, 08:18:08 pm
He has regularly destroyed us and has taken them to a national championship and won a sec championship. His teams are always in contention to win the west. but lets keep holding on to that blind hate..... while our program burns to the ground.

Last three years at auburn he won 8,  7, and 8 games, respectively. With much more talent than we have.

I understand you're a gus humper who created an account you push for your boy, but the record speaks for itself. Outside of his first year at auburn, he's been very mediocre at a talent loaded school.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

PigPusher

We all can well remember the fun we all had when Coach Malzhan was offensive coordinator for us. You just did not ever know from play to play what the man was going to do. Great fun.  Interestingly he does not seem to be the daring-do coach at Auburn. Miss that.

Finally, just do not understand the negative attitude some of you Hogs have towards C.M.. What did he do that was so bad? Why are we not blaming Coach Nutt for the shameless way Nutt treated Coach Malzhan? That was really really sad.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Davidr295 on October 23, 2017, 08:30:12 pm
So he was supposed to just stay at ark st and turn down a chance at a head gig at a sec school. lol. 

He promised them he would be there -- just a month or so before he snuck out in the middle of the night.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

1highhog

I voted no, now if he leaves That insane wife of his in Alabama, I might be able to stomach him as a coach and put up with his booger eating on the sideline.

East Clintwood

Quote from: 1highhog on October 24, 2017, 01:47:45 am
I voted no, now if he leaves That insane wife of his in Alabama, I might be able to stomach him as a coach and put up with his booger eating on the sideline.

Coaching in the SEC must really frick with one's appetite,

Les eats grass.

Gus eats boogers.

And Bert eats everything.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

smb

I would support who ever was hired.
GeorgiaHOG

MultipleScoreGasms

He wouldn't be my first choice, but I would support him.  He currently sits at 6-2, with respectable losses at a combined total of 12 points.  We should be so lucky.  Tough stretch coming up.  A&M, UGA, and BAMA, with LA-Monroe sprinkled in.  If he comes out of that with 2 wins, it's respectable.  If 3 wins, it becomes awesome.  Will be interesting to watch.

BigK_HogHeaven

Like others have said, I'm not going to support him during the hiring process.  I'm not a big fan of his.  That being said, if he's hired of course I'm going to support and root for the guy.  I just want some Ws!

Kevin

is he who I want? no
if hired I would support him
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HotlantaHog

I'll support whoever is hired for at least a few years.

I would be enthusiastic about Gus.