Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More OU players could be implicated

Started by Puerco Diablo, August 02, 2006, 02:49:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Puerco Diablo

My buddy that works in the UT athletic dept. spoke with his counterpart at OU.  It seems like Bomar and Quinn are only the first players to be dismissed.  4 other players, including Adrian Peterson could also be involved.  They were taking money for working at  "Big Red Auto Leasing" without showing up for work.

Judging from my friends comments, the other 4 players are likely to be dismissed or at least suspended for the year.  OU is doing the old "mia culpa" and trying to enact punishment before the NCAA gets rolling.  We all know how that goes.

return2glory

I'm almost positive that Big Red Auto is the car dealership that gave Peterson a car for the infamous two week rental. That donor is going to single handedly bring down the OU program. 

Amityvillehogger

if they dismiss peterson, they'll make a believer out of me.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Pork Twain

This sounds very familiar...  Did we turn ourselves in to the NCAA?  Let's just sit back and see how long this investigation takes...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 02, 2006, 02:59:54 pm
This sounds very familiar...  Did we turn ourselves in to the NCAA?  Let's just sit back and see how long this investigation takes...

A few months
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Adam Stokes

If they dismiss Peterson or Bomar are other teams able to pick them up or would they simply have to transfer?

Big Papa Satan

Big Red Auto was indeed the one that gave Peterson the car, and took a lot of grief from Pokes for it.

Landonhog

August 02, 2006, 03:19:39 pm #7 Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 03:23:22 pm by Landonhog
Quote from: Puerco Diablo on August 02, 2006, 02:49:19 pm
My buddy that works in the UT athletic dept. spoke with his counterpart at OU.  It seems like Bomar and Quinn are only the first players to be dismissed.  4 other players, including Adrian Peterson could also be involved.  They were taking money for working at  "Big Red Auto Leasing" without showing up for work.

Judging from my friends comments, the other 4 players are likely to be dismissed or at least suspended for the year.  OU is doing the old "mia culpa" and trying to enact punishment before the NCAA gets rolling.  We all know how that goes.

It's "Big Red Sports and Imports"....  I haven't heard any such things (as far as more players)  I've got one roomate who works in the athletic dept. and my old roomate (starting lineman), who sent me texts during their break today... didn't say anything like this....  They started 2 a days this morning...

If you guys could see some of their car commercials you would not be suprised....  These guys are complete idiots....  Big Red Sports and Imports, that is....

bigred7987

williamsB

didn't the OU basketball coach get in NCAA trouble? Sampson?

bigred7987

Marshfieldhog

Looks like Big Red Sports and Imports sold the OU fans a lemon.   :)

Landonhog

Quote from: williamsB on August 02, 2006, 03:27:12 pm
didn't the OU basketball coach get in NCAA trouble? Sampson?

Yes, then left....  The baseball team has also been in trouble recently...

thehill1414

He had too many calls (hundreds) to recruits.

nwarazfan

Quote from: bigred7987 on August 02, 2006, 03:23:40 pm
This is awesome

Almost brightens the week a little.  Too bad its not happening in one of those evil orange regions.

williamsB

Matt Romine, wonder if this will affect this top OU recruit

Puerco Diablo

Quote from: ajs15razorman on August 02, 2006, 03:17:04 pm
  If they dismiss Peterson or Bomar are other teams able to pick them up or would they simply have to transfer?
Rumor is that they would not be eligible to play NCAA football.  Can you say NAIA!?!?

nwarazfan

Quote from: Puerco Diablo on August 02, 2006, 03:39:00 pm
Rumor is that they would not be eligible to play NCAA football.  Can you say NAIA!?!?

If ineligible, AP should just get himself an agent, a big pay advance and hire himself a trainer to get himself ready for the NFL Combine. 

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HoopS

August 02, 2006, 03:52:14 pm #19 Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 04:34:29 pm by hoophogs
Maybe they could all go to Alabama State. :P

Quote from: Puerco Diablo on August 02, 2006, 03:39:00 pm

Hog Belly

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: nwarazfan on August 02, 2006, 03:33:36 pm
Quote from: bigred7987 on August 02, 2006, 03:23:40 pm
This is awesome

Almost brightens the week a little.  Too bad its not happening in one of those evil orange regions.

Well we all know the *only* orange region it could happen in is Texas.  Nothing bad ever happens in Tennessee. *sarcasm*

Landonhog

Quote from: williamsB on August 02, 2006, 04:28:41 pm
good read on this Longhorn thread

http://texas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=61&mid=76583859&sid=&tid=76583859&style=2&Reset=1

This is too funny...  That guy that posted saying he dated the owners daughter and worked at big red.....  I gave him my old washer and dryer from college, a couple months ago...  One of those friend of a friend types... I know nobody cares, but that was funny... 

RazorHawg16

New news up to date....Peterson has been cleared. UGH!

bigred7987

Its not bad luck, its thinking you are above the system because you play college football

RazorHawg16

Quote from: HoopHog on August 02, 2006, 05:14:12 pm
Quote from: RazorHawg16 on August 02, 2006, 04:59:03 pm

Good.  He is a class kid.  I am not sitting here wishing bad luck to befall anyone...that is just pointless.
Its not like we play them every year so I really dont see the point anyways.

RazorHawg16

Quote from: HoopHog on August 02, 2006, 05:35:15 pm
Quote from: RazorHawg16 on August 02, 2006, 05:34:15 pm

Good.  He is a class kid.  I am not sitting here wishing bad luck to befall anyone...that is just pointless.

Of my initial comment...or yours?
Ahh...Im just saying wishing bad luck on a team that we don't play every year is kind of pointless.

RazorHawg16

Quote from: HoopHog on August 02, 2006, 05:41:05 pm
Quote from: RazorHawg16 on August 02, 2006, 05:37:25 pm
Quote from: HoopHog on August 02, 2006, 05:35:15 pm
Quote from: RazorHawg16 on August 02, 2006, 05:34:15 pm

Of my initial comment...or yours?
Ahh...Im just saying wishing bad luck on a team that we don't play every year is kind of pointless.

I follow you.  A bunch of us (hSv, ABQ, McGyver, Drakehog) watched Adrian Petterson last year in the UCLA-Oklahoma game.  He did not have a good game that day, but every time he took the ball, the crowd held its breath with anticipation.  I just love it when the atmosphere of college football is electric like that...just like when D-MAC takes a snap.  I always want to see the best players on the field...makes each game much more fun to watch.  But...if these kids cheated...if this program cheated, then they get what they deserve.
yeah I agree. The thing that we probably need to think about as fans is that there is probably things going on at UofA that if we found out about we wouldn't like much. This crap is probably going on in a lot of places. Some  a lot more than others. you know what i mean?

bigred7987

I agree hoping Peterson is implicated is wrong because everything I have seen from the guy is he is a class act, but "bad luck" didn't fall on Bomar and Quinn.  They brought that on themselves and the proper people found out about it.  If Peterson is implicated, Its not because of "bad luck"

Anson Marlow

Quote from: Puerco Diablo on August 02, 2006, 02:49:19 pm

I am not discounting your claim, but how do you kick certain ones off and suspend others?  There is no gray area in cheating.
/list]

Porkahontas

I like OU, and I like the hell out of Adrian Peterson, but if he was stupid enough to drive a vehicle around for a few weeks and return it, as reported earlier in the year with the previous deal involving Big Red Cars and Probation, then he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar just like these other kids who were taking illegal benefits while in college.

He seems like a good kid but OU and Peterson both still should be penalized somehow for that mess, and that's not even including the bombshell that blew today.

RazorHawg16

Quote from: Porkahontas on August 02, 2006, 06:55:16 pm

I like OU, and I like the hell out of Adrian Peterson, but if he was stupid enough to drive a vehicle around for a few weeks and return it, as reported earlier in the year with the previous deal involving Big Red Cars and Probation, then he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar just like these other kids who were taking illegal benefits while in college.

He seems like a good kid but OU and Peterson both still should be penalized somehow for that mess, and that's not even including the bombshell that blew today.
You got a good point.

WilsonHog

August 02, 2006, 07:44:41 pm #33 Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 07:47:57 pm by WilsonHog
Quote from: bigred7987 on August 02, 2006, 05:17:27 pm
Its not bad luck, its thinking you are above the system because you play college football

You don't say..........

I wonder where a kid could get that impression? I know that mature adults spend thousands of dollars a year to follow their favorite team. And yes, grown men get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to coach those kids. It's true that those kids are collectively responsible for generating millions of dollars a year in revenue. Sure, grown men make a profession out of just asking 17 and 18-year old kids where they're thinking of going to college and then telling other grown folks about it. I've heard tell of other kids making choices about where they want to go to college based on the opportunity to watch people they don't know play football. Why, I've even heard of business people standing in line to arrange jobs for these kids and pass out cash to them for playing well. Universities, places of higher education, actually give kids full scholarships worth upwards of $200,000 just to play ball for them.

Shiite, I can't imagine why those kids think they're above the system. That's a puzzler, alright. Can anybody out there answer that question?

gopigsgo

I don't understand the bad vibes towards OU. I pull for them atleast
once a year. The game in Dallas. I also like Switzer. He may have been questionable at times but I loved his offense.

Puerco Diablo

Quote from: Porkahontas on August 02, 2006, 06:55:16 pm

I think that was the point in throwing the 2 kids under the bus today.  Obviously there are other players involved an OU is trying to do some damage control.

Supposedly Bomar's tax returned listed $18k for a summer job.  Pretty flagrant.  He had to go... but they may try to spin the other players involvement as minor.

WilsonHog

I'm generally not the judgmental sort, but if Bomar took money for a job that he obviously knew he didn't do and then listed the income on his friggin' income tax return, OU ain't lost much.

Jeebus.

Oklahawg

Bomar has two DUI/DWI in Norman in the last 15 months, or so. One was the Saturday or Sunday night following a game. Is this the same OU QB who fell out of a truck, drunk, and hurt his shoulder right about the time they needed somebody his frosh year? Multiple issues with Bomar. Can't say about Quinn.

OU is rather thin at both positions. Can't accuse them of shortarming the punch to the players--they are players who wouldn't have a battle at all this fall.

There's a big difference in a player doing something foolish and then admitting to it and trying to get help to get "over" it. Bomar appears to have had no remorse and didn't care about the consequences. Tarleton State just got a great QB.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

PigKahuna

Makes J&H Trucking look like a bunch of amateurs.  18k is bigtime!

WILL CLINTON

Geez, all the tutors these kids have and no one could teach them how to cheat on their taxes.  What kind of education are they getting at OU????
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

benswinesmoney

Quote from: Superhog1975 on August 02, 2006, 02:59:54 pm

It's not a part of a messy divorce, so that's kinda irrelevent.  That's what took ours so damn long is waiting for that to play out.

UhOhioHog

Quote from: gopigsgo on August 02, 2006, 08:16:51 pm
I don't understand the bad vibes towards OU. I pull for them atleast
once a year. The game in Dallas. I also like Switzer. He may have been questionable at times but I loved his offense.
It's partly because of all the fair weather fans that started showing up in NW Arkansas in 2000.  Too many so called Sooner fans with Arkansas plates and OU stickers on their cars.  I moved from Fayetteville to Dallas 2 years ago and dislike OU every bit as much as Texas.  Maybe a little more!!  I see more OU crap than Texas crap on cars in Dallas.  Once again, fair weather fans abound and that ticks me off!

Funny how they improved so much so quickly after Stoops took over.  Arizona is improving too.  Both Stoops boys are great coach's, but this makes me wonder what else they may know!!

Atreyu

The investigation will last until the end of the Sooner season, when Adrian Peterson is drafted number 1 overall in the NFL Draft and pays for his teammates to get out of trouble.
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

Factual Fiction

Good. Let them suffer like Arkansas did.