Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Biggest Fear from the Bielema Erorr

Started by HeathWimp, February 12, 2018, 12:32:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbackers

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 02:24:08 pm
I'll give you Nutt, I agree with you about him, but you're wrong about Petrino. When he was terminated, the football team had just finished the 2011 season ranked #5 in the nation having lost only to the 2 teams that played for the National Championship. The program was FAR from being in disarray. Jeff Long destroyed the program leaving it in shambles. CBB really tried but he was placed in a position he shouldn't have been put in so I don't hold him responsible for the last 5 years.

He won with a bunch of guys that were leaving. That 2012 team had some playmakers left, but by 2013, the offensive weapons he had recruited were gone. Not to mention the team grades were awful, we were averaging an arrest every 6 days or something like that. By Bret's second year, we only had like, 7 guys remaining that were recruited by the previous staff.

It was bad news.   

LRrazorback

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 12, 2018, 02:24:54 pm
You just randomly LMAO when someone presents things that are pretty accurate??
Petrino/Smiley left a dumpster fire, that was toxic along with an APR problem
Bielema found a way to squander away too many games particularly in 2014 and 2015, but he didn't like stop there, he kept doing it until he was fired.
Bielema built a very good roster as far as total talent, but it is quite uneven in some spots particularly at safety and OL.
Morris has the chance to be highly successful very quickly based on what he is taking over. He had a pretty decent recruiting class and maybe 3 of them contribute in 2018 because there is that much talent on the roster.

Problem is with too many on here because CBB did not deliver what he promised or what we were capable of, you can't seem to peel the onion back and find the good that has come from the experience.

If you would've peeled the onion during his time at Wisconsin you would've seen "three rose bowls" wasn't all you thought it was.
It's yet to be seen but, I can almost guarantee CBB inherited more NFL draft picks than CCM will

GuvHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on February 12, 2018, 02:36:14 pm
He won with a bunch of guys that were leaving. That 2012 team had some playmakers left, but by 2013, the offensive weapons he had recruited were gone. Not to mention the team grades were awful, we were averaging an arrest every 6 days or something like that. By Bret's second year, we only had like, 7 guys remaining that were recruited by the previous staff.

It was bad news.   

False. Look at the starting defense of 2014. Most of them were Petrino recruits. There were a number of Petrino recruits starting on the offense that year too. Petrino's players didn't care for him as a person but they respected him as a Head Coach because his system worked so they wanted to be part of it. You're wrong about him. Jeff Long and Smiley created the dumpster fire that CBB inherited.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Bash

Quote from: HeathWimp on February 12, 2018, 12:32:43 pm
is that Bert's disastrous tenure resulted in a "hard reset" of our program's potential.  Under Petrino, we were starting to see our potential for moving up to a higher level, say something on par with Oklahoma State.  ... The closest comparison I can think of is Kansas, after Mangino was dismissed for "integrity" reasons in 2008

I see your point, sort of.  But Arkansas, historically and from an overall program perspective, is a better program than Oklahoma State.  And in a different stratosphere than Kansas. We've been down since the Petrino era, but Arkansas is a top 20-25 program.  We will recover just fine.
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

jkstock04

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 12, 2018, 02:24:54 pm
You just randomly LMAO when someone presents things that are pretty accurate??
Petrino/Smiley left a dumpster fire, that was toxic along with an APR problem
Bielema found a way to squander away too many games particularly in 2014 and 2015, but he didn't like stop there, he kept doing it until he was fired.
Bielema built a very good roster as far as total talent, but it is quite uneven in some spots particularly at safety and OL.
Morris has the chance to be highly successful very quickly based on what he is taking over. He had a pretty decent recruiting class and maybe 3 of them contribute in 2018 because there is that much talent on the roster.

Problem is with too many on here because CBB did not deliver what he promised or what we were capable of, you can't seem to peel the onion back and find the good that has come from the experience.
The notion that Petrino left a dumpster fire for John L Smith and then in turn Bielema is nothing but a homer spin job to prop the guy up. It's the same kind of crap "this was always going to be a 5 year rebuild" that we heard in year one and two. When that BS blew up with 4 glorious wins in 2017 the new narrative is that Bielemas a great coach, he just couldn't get the right personal, but he's a really nice guy...lol gimme a break. If I could make 30 million and be on a glorified vacation for 5 years, I would tweet nice stuff about said resort as well.

I'll tell you what...you like me to give you a list of the talent Bielema inherited from Petrino and how it went downhill for him after he lost that talent? I can do 5 min of research and type the names out for you and Razorbackers....be glad to do so.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

LRrazorback

Quote from: Razorbackers on February 12, 2018, 02:36:14 pm

It was bad news.   

I see you've bought into the media's narrative.

This is totally inaccurate

Razorbackers

Quote from: LRrazorback on February 12, 2018, 02:47:26 pm
I see you've bought into the media's narrative.

This is totally inaccurate

Oh man, it's a deep state conspiracy to make a failed coach look good on a message board.

Time to make some youtube vids.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 02:41:41 pm
False. Look at the starting defense of 2014. Most of them were Petrino recruits. There were a number of Petrino recruits starting on the offense that year too. Petrino's players didn't care for him as a person but they respected him as a Head Coach because his system worked so they wanted to be part of it. You're wrong about him. Jeff Long and Smiley created the dumpster fire that CBB inherited.

Guv, are you getting some sort of compensation for defending Petrino on Hogville?  That guy is a grade A loser in life, who just happens to be a pretty good football coach....for a little while.  Look at what's happening at Louisville...look familiar?  Do you think it will be a scandal that gets him this time, or just that the teams aren't performing despite having a Heisman Trophy winner?  Or...will he leave and start over somewhere else? 

He had two great years with great in state talent.  You are extrapolating that out to us continuing at that clip, when the recruiting numbers, which have been posted numerous times, were not improving, and outside of bringing in 10 WR's, of which about 8 were kicked off the team, or transferred, were about all he had left from the 2011 class.

We had a great two years...fun to watch.  But why can't you see that how it ended was because BP had lost focus, was chasing women while being married, and it was all starting to come apart at the seams? 

Let me ask you this...if yoiu learned TOMORROW that Jeff Long was TOLD to fire Bobby Petrino, and that he in fact wanted to give him a second chance, what would your opinion be?  Don't give me another..."It didn't happen that way, blah, blah, blah..."  It's a serious question, because at that point you would have to blame the UA right?  I have news for you...there's NO WAY Jeff Long fired BP on his own accord without the UA weighing in on that situation.  So..in effect, you can blame the UA for the fallout from the termination.  Regardless of the primaries in terminating BP...HE BROUGHT IT ON HIMSELF.     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

GuvHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 12, 2018, 02:47:17 pm
The notion that Petrino left a dumpster fire for John L Smith and then in turn Bielema is nothing but a homer spin job to prop the guy up. It’s the same kind of crap “this was always going to be a 5 year rebuild” that we heard in year one and two. When that BS blew up with 4 glorious wins in 2017 the new narrative is that Bielemas a great coach, he just couldn’t get the right personal, but he’s a really nice guy...lol gimme a break. If I could make 30 million and be on a glorified vacation for 5 years, I would tweet nice stuff about said resort as well.

I’ll tell you what...you like me to give you a list of the talent Bielema inherited from Petrino and how it went downhill for him after he lost that talent? I can do 5 min of research and type the names out for you and Razorbackers....be glad to do so.

Great post! Very well done.

hawginbigd1

The notion that Petrino left a dumpster fire for John L Smith and then in turn Bielema is nothing but a homer spin job to prop the guy up. It's the same kind of crap "this was always going to be a 5 year rebuild" that we heard in year one and two. When that BS blew up with 4 glorious wins in 2017 the new narrative is that Bielemas a great coach, he just couldn't get the right personal, but he's a really nice guy...lol gimme a break. If I could make 30 million and be on a glorified vacation for 5 years, I would tweet nice stuff about said resort as well.

I'll tell you what...you like me to give you a list of the talent Bielema inherited from Petrino and how it went downhill for him after he lost that talent? I can do 5 min of research and type the names out for you and Razorbackers....be glad to do so.
And you can take that list and you will find it does not make a football team because there were too many washouts/never were's from his last 2 classes.

You have no idea what you are talking about if you don't realize it was a dumpster fire, ask the people that cover the team they will tell you the same thing, but I didn't need them to tell it for me to see it.

Gonzo

This board is in some serious need of spring football ;)

In retrospect I think it's clear BB was a downgrade from BP, though it looked like a better hire at the time than I anticipated.

That being said, I don't think the Hogs are anywhere near KU level. It appears there is a decent level of talent in the program, it just wasn't developed as well as it should have been. Hopefully the new staff will do a better job of that. I've already been encouraged by the apparent work ethic on the recruiting trail, which I think will render greater dividends in future seasons. If that's sustained and matched in the training rooms and on the field, I think Hog fans will be pretty pleased with the results.

Go Hogs!

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 02:02:48 pm
I would say you are wrong. The man who was at fault for the downfall of the Arkansas football program was fired in November of last year and I don't mean CBB. Sadly, there are still some on this board who just can't bring themselves to admit that Jeff Long screwed up royally in April of 2012.

As for the program being like Kansas, I don't buy that at all. Coach Morris inherited some good talent form the previous HC. The problem the last 5 years wasn't a lack of talent, it was a lack of coaching.

Long didn't screw up -- Bobby Petrino screwed up. Long was handcuffed in this scenario and made the logical decision after everything came to light. Petrino should have admitted his faults to Long in their initial meeting after the accident, but he didn't and it all came uncovered.

Fast forward 6 years and now we're here at the bottom of the division trying to relay the foundation that once was, and I think Morris is the right man for the job.

GuvHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 12, 2018, 02:51:40 pm
Guv, are you getting some sort of compensation for defending Petrino on Hogville?  That guy is a grade A loser in life, who just happens to be a pretty good football coach....for a little while.  Look at what's happening at Louisville...look familiar?  Do you think it will be a scandal that gets him this time, or just that the teams aren't performing despite having a Heisman Trophy winner?  Or...will he leave and start over somewhere else? 

He had two great years with great in state talent.  You are extrapolating that out to us continuing at that clip, when the recruiting numbers, which have been posted numerous times, were not improving, and outside of bringing in 10 WR's, of which about 8 were kicked off the team, or transferred, were about all he had left from the 2011 class.

We had a great two years...fun to watch.  But why can't you see that how it ended was because BP had lost focus, was chasing women while being married, and it was all starting to come apart at the seams? 

Let me ask you this...if yoiu learned TOMORROW that Jeff Long was TOLD to fire Bobby Petrino, and that he in fact wanted to give him a second chance, what would your opinion be?  Don't give me another..."It didn't happen that way, blah, blah, blah..."  It's a serious question, because at that point you would have to blame the UA right?  I have news for you...there's NO WAY Jeff Long fired BP on his own accord without the UA weighing in on that situation.  So..in effect, you can blame the UA for the fallout from the termination.  Regardless of the primaries in terminating BP...HE BROUGHT IT ON HIMSELF.     

You do realize that there were members of the BOT that were so angry about Long firing Bobby that they wanted to fire Long too, Right?? They didn't have a majority of the votes so they just gave him enough rope to "Hang Himself" and he did just that. Bobby wasn't perfect, he did some things he shouldn't have but his wrongdoings didn't merit termination. 5 years later, Jeff Long finally paid the price for what he did to Bobby and to the football program. I'm not gonna lie, I felt like popping Champaign corks when Long's firing was announced.

GuvHog

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on February 12, 2018, 03:01:59 pm
Long didn't screw up -- Bobby Petrino screwed up. Long was handcuffed in this scenario and made the logical decision after everything came to light. Petrino should have admitted his faults to Long in their initial meeting after the accident, but he didn't and it all came uncovered.

Fast forward 6 years and now we're here at the bottom of the division trying to relay the foundation that once was, and I think Morris is the right man for the job.

BS. Long screwed up and 5 years later was finally fired for it.

I believe Morris is the right man for the job too.

GuvHog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 12, 2018, 02:53:34 pm
And you can take that list and you will find it does not make a football team because there were too many washouts/never were's from his last 2 classes.

You have no idea what you are talking about if you don't realize it was a dumpster fire, ask the people that cover the team they will tell you the same thing, but I didn't need them to tell it for me to see it.

There was a Dumpster fire but it was created By Jeff Long and Smiley.

Razorbackers

Ok first of all bad take man, you quoted the wrong person.

Second of all, I did the research myself back in the day for an article.

For the 2015 season, We had 14 players left COMBINED from the 2011 and 2012 recruiting classes.

That is just how it is.

And, to continue to prove you so wrong and show that your takes are bad, let's take at look at the 2015 roster. 2015, by the way, was Bielema's best season at Arkansas. Which, by the way, was after most of the Petrino-era defensive recruits were gone and that top 10 defense was no more.

Brandon Allen was a non-bielema recruit. He was our leading passer.

Our leading rusher was Alex Collins, our two leading receivers were Morgan and Henry, and our offensive line was 4/5 Bielema recruits.

Our 2 leading tacklers, 2 of our 3 interception leaders....all Bielema kids.

So whatever point you're going to try to make is probably not going to land like you think it will. I'd encourage you to relax, find a different hobby other than being wrong on the internet.

Have you tried being wrong on a boat? I bet you'd like it.

ricepig

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on February 12, 2018, 02:25:27 pm
Rice, for some of us, the error of hiring Bielema was not a hindsight call.

Well, the blind hog.....

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 03:02:28 pm
You do realize that there were members of the BOT that were so angry about Long firing Bobby that they wanted to fire Long too, Right?? They didn't have a majority of the votes so they just gave him enough rope to "Hang Himself" and he did just that. Bobby wasn't perfect, he did some things he shouldn't have but his wrongdoings didn't merit termination. 5 years later, Jeff Long finally paid the price for what he did to Bobby and to the football program. I'm not gonna lie, I felt like popping Champaign corks when Long's firing was announced.

Wait wait wait. So a majority of the BOT wanted BP fired? Is that what you are saying?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 03:06:43 pm
BS. Long screwed up and 5 years later was finally fired for it.

I believe Morris is the right man for the job too.

There's not one person on this board who didn't love Petrino and the job he did with the program, but to not place the blame on him for his own firing is bananaland. You're fighting an uphill battle here, Guv.

Razorbackers

steveaustin69

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 12, 2018, 01:18:12 pm
Poppycock.  This year...sure, I can see hesitancy from the players who may have been on the fence about coming to Arkansas, based solely on the uncertainty. 

But...put the right coach in place, get the excitement level back up, and I think you can turn things around fairly quickly.  Look at Iowa State and what they were able to do after getting Campbell.  There are other examples of situations where it was just a matter of getting the right coach in place.  The last two coaches at Memphis are great examples as well. 

If Morris can bring an exciting style, get fans back on board, and just do reasonably well his first year....there's no reason to believe we won't be back hovering around the top 25 in recruiting again.  The goal is...break through that ceiling and get down closer to the top 10, which history has shown is a prerequisite for winning a NC.  Look it up...the numbers don't lie.

You want to know my biggest fear, which stems from a perpetual situation?  Defensive athletes.  We struggle with that...and it's trending toward getting worse in many respects.  I'm convinced that it's largely because in Arkansas, with our low population, the best athletes ALWAYS land on offense.  As a result, we have to go outside the state and enjoy very little in state advantage with that.   

The 4.8 LB'ers look good in Arkansas HS football, but they can't compete in the SEC.  The 4.6 guys are on offense...somewhere, because of the numbers game in Arkansas. 

I am far more worried about us ever assembling enough athletes to field an SEC caliber defense than offense.  From that perspective, I'm concerned about Morris and if he can emphasize defense, or if we'll look like an even more offensive slanted team than even BP had.  We'll see...     

Hahahaha but staying in the SEC is more beneficial, right? How can you type this and then go on for pages about how being in the SEC is so much better for Arkansas? Incredible.

GuvHog

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on February 12, 2018, 03:15:05 pm
There's not one person on this board who didn't love Petrino and the job he did with the program, but to not place the blame on him for his own firing is bananaland. You're fighting an uphill battle here, Guv.

I've stated that what he did was wrong but it did not merit termination. I'm far from alone in believing that and I won't back away from it. I find it hypocritical that even after Long's termination, some on here absolutely refuse to question his so called investigation of Petrino. They cannot bring themselves to admit that there is at least a possibility that Long was dishonest.

jkstock04

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 12, 2018, 02:53:34 pm

Whatever...we will never agree and that's ok. But bottom line you guys bought into the "Bielema is an awesome coach building it the right way" narrative and it blew up in your face. All the spin I had crammed into my brain the past few years has been complete and utter BS. It did not work out the way you guys said it would.

Now the new thing is Bielema had plentiful talent amassed...he just didn't know what to do with it. You wanna talk about wash outs? Dear lord Bielema just benched 4* linemen to opt for freshman walk on. That was an interesting spin for a few weeks. While I would agree he probably didn't know what to do with what talent is on hand (tj hammonds comes to mind first) the idea that Morris is going to inherit a loaded team is a bit far fetched in my opinion. Defections (who and how many) coming with this coach and culture transition will be interesting to watch.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

DeltaBoy

Bottom Line Jeff Long can make your school money but he showed at Pitt and UA he will ruin your football program.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GuvHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 12, 2018, 03:26:28 pm
Whatever...we will never agree and that’s ok. But bottom line you guys bought into the “Bielema is an awesome coach building it the right way” narrative and it blew up in your face. All the spin I had crammed into my brain the past few years has been complete and utter BS. It did not work out the way you guys said it would.

Now the new thing is Bielema had plentiful talent amassed...he just didn’t know what to do with it. You wanna talk about wash outs? Dear lord Bielema just benched 4* linemen to opt for freshman walk on. That was an interesting spin for a few weeks. While I would agree he probably didn’t know what to do with what talent is on hand (tj hammonds comes to mind first) the idea that Morris is going to inherit a loaded team is a bit far fetched in my opinion. Defections (who and how many) coming with this coach and culture transition will be interesting to watch.

I believe he inherited some good talent but yeah, calling it loaded is going a bit too far.

BearsBisonsBoars

Is Tennessee Kansas?

They've been worse for longer.

This sounds like more "Po' old Arkysaw" to me.

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 03:22:07 pm
I've stated that what he did was wrong but it did not merit termination. I'm far from alone in believing that and I won't back away from it. I find it hypocritical that even after Long's termination, some on here absolutely refuse to question his so called investigation of Petrino. They cannot bring themselves to admit that there is at least a possibility that Long was dishonest.

Yes, it did.

AHiD

Guys I think it's time we delete this site. We now officially have Petrino-truthers.
My name...is Jerruh

GuvHog

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 12, 2018, 03:33:15 pm
Guys I think it’s time we delete this site. We now officially have Petrino-truthers.

We still have a bunch of Long huggers too.

steveaustin69

You think Long lied about Petrino? Is that what you're insinuating? Good grief; you say some absolutely outlandish drivel, but this might take the cake.

GuvHog

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on February 12, 2018, 03:32:45 pm
Yes, it did.

No it didn't. You are one of those I was referring to in that post.

AHiD

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 03:34:33 pm

Saying Jeff Long was right to fire BP makes you a Long hugger  ;)
My name...is Jerruh

redeye

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 12, 2018, 02:03:27 pm
In the last 6 years Kansas has won a total of 10 football games. So obviously the comparison is an exaggeration. But the gist of his post is Bielema has taken us down a black hole and it'll be tough to dig out of this. That's not wrong like you say.

I agree that Bielema took us down a  black hole, but comparing us to Kansas is a gross exaggeration that's beyond wrong, imo.

QuoteI'm fairly certain you are one of the guys who claimed Bielemas system was impeccable "building it the right way" and that we would without doubt win championships under his tutelage. It was never gonna happen man. The guy took us from somewhat respectable to Vandy. Thats not going to be an easy perception to kill.

I did no such thing.  I considered Bielema an oaf when he was hired, although he still seemed like a nice guy.  I believed his system could work, and I actually think he was close at one point, but I never said it was impeccable or that we'd win championships.  I try to be supportive of whoever we hire, and if I can't do that, then I quit coming around here, which I began doing back in 2016, until recently.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 12, 2018, 03:26:28 pm
Whatever...we will never agree and that's ok. But bottom line you guys bought into the "Bielema is an awesome Good coach building it the right way" narrative and it blew up in your face. All the spin I had crammed into my brain the past few years has been complete and utter BS. It did not work out the way you guys said it would.

Now the new thing is Bielema had plentiful talent amassed...he just didn't know what to do with it. You wanna talk about wash outs? Dear lord Bielema just benched 4* linemen to opt for freshman walk on. That was an interesting spin for a few weeks. While I would agree he probably didn't know what to do with what talent is on hand (tj hammonds comes to mind first) the idea that Morris is going to inherit a loaded team is a bit far fetched in my opinion. Defections (who and how many) coming with this coach and culture transition will be interesting to watch.
Guilty, didn't like the hire, but I could see a light at end of 2015 just didn't realize it was a train. Never thought he was awesome, saw too many in-game mistakes.

Believe it 100%

Bielema played favorites I don't care what anybody says, the best players were not always on the field.

I don't expect many the vibes seem good.

GuvHog

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 12, 2018, 03:35:39 pm
You think Long lied about Petrino? Is that what you're insinuating. Good grief; you say some absolutely outlandish drivel, but this might take the cake.

There's no doubt in my mind that Long was dishonest. It was probably part of the reason Long was fired.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 03:34:33 pm

We don't need to investigate Long to know everything we need to know about the firing.

Petrino lied to his boss publicly, and used public money to hire his unqualified mistress - which constitutes fraud.

Both are enough to warrant firing and the latter could be a criminal offense under certain circumstances.

Morn his termination and the BS that has followed all you want. I'll join you. But to argue that it wasn't justified and necessary is just stupid.

PolishPigPower

Quote from: Cooper on November 16, 2008, 10:35:46 pm
I might try my hand at some porn.

Quote from: Breems on May 02, 2011, 02:55:14 pm
Last post in the Tavern here.  See you guys.  Have fun.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 12, 2018, 03:20:14 pm
Hahahaha but staying in the SEC is more beneficial, right? How can you type this and then go on for pages about how being in the SEC is so much better for Arkansas? Incredible.

Troll.  Again, you fail at the basics.  Back your argument up with relevant facts.  Not ONCE did I say it was better for Arkansas to stay in the SEC from a wins and losses perspective, other than on the basis that it's a stable conference.  Your lap dog Ego went to great lengths to convince me that the Big 12 is an easier conference, by showing that we beat them more frequently than the SEC, but I already knew that.  It's still in the past, and saying it would still happen...is a guess, nothing more.  Recent history shows that we wouldn't waltz over there and beat up on everyone, as you and your cronies are suggesting. 

We aren't going to the Big 12 to deal with TX.  Period.  So you can pine away all you would like, but you'd have a better chance at trying to get us moved to another P5 conference than that one.  Maybe you should start in on a move to the PAC 12, or maybe the ACC?  I'm still confused as to why if the goal is to win more games against lower competition, we would stop there?  Why not drop that bar down even lower and look at some non P5 conferences so we can win a bunch of games and be the next Central Florida, and be laughed at for proclaiming ourselves the NC's after beating up on a bunch of weaker teams all year.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

AHiD

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 03:39:04 pm
There's no doubt in my mind that Long was dishonest. It was probably part of the reason Long was fired.

What possible reaon could JL have for faking his investigation into BP?
My name...is Jerruh

steveaustin69

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 12, 2018, 03:41:47 pm
Troll.  Again, you fail at the basics.  Back your argument up with relevant facts.  Not ONCE did I say it was better for Arkansas to stay in the SEC from a wins and losses perspective, other than on the basis that it's a stable conference.  Your lap dog Ego went to great lengths to convince me that the Big 12 is an easier conference, by showing that we beat them more frequently than the SEC, but I already knew that.  It's still in the past, and saying it would still happen...is a guess, nothing more.  Recent history shows that we wouldn't waltz over there and beat up on everyone, as you and your cronies are suggesting. 

We aren't going to the Big 12 to deal with TX.  Period.  So you can pine away all you would like, but you'd have a better chance at trying to get us moved to another P5 conference than that one.  Maybe you should start in on a move to the PAC 12, or maybe the ACC?  I'm still confused as to why if the goal is to win more games against lower competition, we would stop there?  Why not drop that bar down even lower and look at some non P5 conferences so we can win a bunch of games and be the next Central Florida, and be laughed at for proclaiming ourselves the NC's after beating up on a bunch of weaker teams all year.   

Go back into that thread and reread it. Plenty of relevant facts for you. Why didn't you respond in there?

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 02:41:41 pm

Just being pedantic here, but we don't meet the PAC's academic requirements. I'm not sure we meet the ACCs either.

Jim Harris

Quote from: LRrazorback on February 12, 2018, 02:33:43 pm
The error was in hiring CBB, which never would've happened had Jeff long not been allowed to hire him on his own in the first place. To this day, JL's best hire is Jamie Dixon at tcu and there's not even a close second. Horrible track record of hiring coaches.

Jeff Long didn't hire basketball coach Jamie Dixon at Pitt. He was already there. Long didn't get Jamie a raise (that should sound familiar). He hired Dave Wannstedt as head football coach at Pitt. That was almost as bad a situation as Bielema, and Wannstedt was a Pitt grad.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 12, 2018, 03:42:02 pm
What possible reaon could JL have for faking his investigation into BP?

Motives are immaterial to people like him. If they don't like something done by people in power it's an automatic conspiracy theory.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 03:35:50 pm
No it didn't. You are one of those I was referring to in that post.

Most people lose their job Guv when they lie to their boss, bring national embarrassment to their employer, attempt to cover up wrong doings, and pay their mistress (who happens to be their employee) 20k cash for a used Acura.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

AHiD

Quote from: rhames on February 12, 2018, 03:47:46 pm

Most people lose their job Guv when they lie to their boss, bring national embarrassment to their employer, attempt to cover up wrong doings, and pay their mistress (who happens to be their employee) 20k cash for a used Acura.

He unironically thinks JL's investigation into BP was fraudulent
My name...is Jerruh

AHiD

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on February 12, 2018, 03:46:13 pm
Motives are immaterial to people like him. If they don't like something done by people in power it's an automatic conspiracy theory.

I bet Guv is one of those people who thinks that the govt blew up the LA levees after Katrina
My name...is Jerruh

rhames

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 12, 2018, 03:49:00 pm
He unironically thinks JL's investigation into BP was fraudulent

Because he read some outlandish thing here and takes it as fact.

Ask him for his source

Haha
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

RME

Quote from: rhames on February 12, 2018, 03:47:46 pm

Guv would rather blame the guy who took action rather than blame the guy who [CENSORED] up and caused the guy to take action.

GuvHog

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on February 12, 2018, 03:40:11 pm
We don't need to investigate Long to know everything we need to know about the firing.

Petrino lied to his boss publicly, and used public money to hire his unqualified mistress - which constitutes fraud.

Both are enough to warrant firing and the latter could be a criminal offense under certain circumstances.

Morn his termination and the BS that has followed all you want. I'll join you. But to argue that it wasn't justified and necessary is just stupid.

The money Petrino gave JD came from his own private bank account and Long already knew about the affair. Long knew about it when he signed the contract making her hiring official. That's what I meant by dishonest. He tried to make it look like Bobby was trying to cover it up (he was) when Long was actually doing some covering up himself.

AHiD

Quote from: GuvHog on February 12, 2018, 03:52:16 pm
The money Petrino gave JD came from his own private bank account and Long already knew about the affair. Long knew about it when he signed the contract making her hiring official. That's what I meant by dishonest. He tried to make it look like Bobby was trying to cover it up when Long was actually doing some covering up himself.

Source?
My name...is Jerruh