Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CMA/Hogs contact '18 wing Jahbril Price-Noel of SWChristian Academy ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, March 29, 2018, 12:20:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

azhog10

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on April 05, 2018, 11:27:40 am

https://youtu.be/iIuTdkhkJQ4

Highlights against arguably the best team in the country.
I'll say this, he has a nice smooth stroke and looks to be a very good passer. Very unselfish in these highlights......but they are just highlights. Looks strong going to the rack. Lot of guys would get stripped or lose the ball doing what he's doing. Still like the grad transfer route bc we keep schollys. Will add that Gabe was one of our better defenders in terms of positioning and willing to take charges. If Jahbril is anything like that I understand why Mike is very interested. If he ends up at Sam Houston they got a steal.

ShadowHawg

This kid is very good offensively. Great court vision and pretty good handles. How is he on defense?

UNCLE BACK

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on April 05, 2018, 01:27:46 pm
Looks about like Lorenzo Doobie Jenkins to me.

Except that highlight film was against multiple D1 guys.

Hawg Red

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on April 05, 2018, 01:27:46 pm
Looks about like Lorenzo Doobie Jenkins to me.

Honestly, I did get that kind of vibe from him myself, though as mentioned, he has played against very tough prep competition so I would expect him to be more prepared. There is a noticeable lack of athleticism, though.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I think he would be a decent pickup at this point.  Not as raw as some other late additions in the past.  Physically mature as well. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 05, 2018, 03:18:29 pm
I think he would be a decent pickup at this point.  Not as raw as some other late additions in the past.  Physically mature as well.

But very low upside, likely, for a 4-year player. Might as well go grad for that kind of player.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 05, 2018, 03:18:29 pm

I just don't want another freshman in this class.

azhog10

If people like fundamental basketball idk how they don't like this kid. Saw some clips and video and he may be one of the more sound fundamental wings Arkansas has had in a long time. Not a big time athlete but he can shoot it, is a very good passer and his ball handling is very good for his size. No idea how he is defensively but fundamentally sound offensively.

Razorod

I'm not against the player or his game, just a bit wary of adding another player (potentially 8th if Garland is cleared) to the 2018 class.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

hawkhawg

navyhog24

Quote from: hawkhawg on April 11, 2018, 11:00:53 am
Are they still recruiting Price-Noel  after getting Jones?

I would assume. MA knows he needs another big.

Pinto

Quote from: hawkhawg on April 11, 2018, 11:00:53 am
Are they still recruiting Price-Noel  after getting Jones?

I'm sure they are just in case Khalil isn't cleared

Hou-Hog

Much better handles than I was expecting.  He uses the board really well, but he is definitely a below the rim athlete.  Not a single dunk on a highlight film confirms that thought. 

SRV

Kevin, has Arkansas moved on from Jahbril or are they waiting on decisions from other players before they offer him?
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: bigalphahawg on April 22, 2018, 09:41:19 am
Kevin, has Arkansas moved on from Jahbril or are they waiting on decisions from other players before they offer him?

I'm told they moved on, but I suppose they could re-consider if they decide they MUST add depth to round out the roster for next season.