Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Willis now on open market

Started by Porked Tongue, March 14, 2018, 05:05:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: rude1 on March 19, 2018, 07:36:19 pm
Yeah Ole Nick has suffered greatly from screwing over Philon.................

Yeah, every program is like Ole Nick and Bama's......

rude1

Quote from: ricepig on March 19, 2018, 07:41:11 pm
Yeah, every program is like Ole Nick and Bama's......
Oh you didn't say only certain coaches would suffer. Fact is CCM is going to do him some spring cleaning of his roster soon, guess we won't ever get another kid........

ricepig

Quote from: rude1 on March 19, 2018, 07:47:56 pm
Oh you didn't say only certain coaches would suffer. Fact is CCM is going to do him some spring cleaning of his roster soon, guess we won't ever get another kid........

Fact is, if a player wants to stay, he can't run him off.

rude1

Quote from: ricepig on March 19, 2018, 07:52:16 pm
Fact is, if a player wants to stay, he can't run him off.
But it never worked that way anyway, coaches mostly went to kids to let them know they don't fit in, and they would be helped to find a place to go. So nothing has changed, sure you can't "force" him to leave, but he will leave anyway once he understands he isn't wanted.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: rude1 on March 19, 2018, 08:03:30 pm
But it never worked that way anyway, coaches mostly went to kids to let them know they don't fit in, and they would be helped to find a place to go. So nothing has changed, sure you can't "force" him to leave, but he will leave anyway once he understands he isn't wanted.

Not if they enjoy the academic side of their life here.

ShadowHawg

What are the possibilities Willis would walkon here and play his way into a scholarship like Gulley did?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 20, 2018, 04:17:47 pm
What are the possibilities Willis would walkon here and play his way into a scholarship like Gulley did?

Doubt he would ever earn that scholly.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Porked Tongue

He'll get a scholie somewhere. 

Question is if he chooses to sit a year and stay D-1.

Pig in the Pokey

He's a good kid but not talented enough for a starting role in the SEC imo. I wish Peyton Leflar Willis the best.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

rude1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 20, 2018, 04:17:06 pm
Not if they enjoy the academic side of their life here.
Are you kidding? Academics or not, if a kid isn't cutting it on the field/court and the staff is on a good player they aren't going to pass because they don't have a scholarship, the non producers will be weeded out in favor of the next wave of talent. It's been that way and will continue to be that way. Something you will never hear "coach to 4 or 5* athlete, son love your game but unfortunately we don't have a scholarship for you, we are already at the limit"...................................

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 15, 2018, 04:07:28 pm
Well that would be one heck of a demotion. Doubt he would go for that. Probably would walk on somewhere else first.
UAFS competed at a higher level in their division than any other school in the state did in their division.  The only 30 win team in the state if I recall.

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 15, 2018, 10:33:29 am
It's so hard to believe that as often as this comes up that people still say "scholarships are to one year". But, again, this is HV, lol.

These same people said that Gafford was gone.

mhuff

I didn't say anything on HV ,but I sure thought he was gone. I take my hat off to him because he let the coaches know in plenty of time. I can't wait to see Chaney and him play together.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 14, 2018, 08:11:17 pm
Kinda messed up that he won't end up with a Vandy degree.

Just because you graduate from a highly rated college doesn't mean you're set for life.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on March 28, 2018, 10:17:53 am
UAFS competed at a higher level in their division than any other school in the state did in their division.  The only 30 win team in the state if I recall.

I agree.  He could play immediately and be rewarded with minutes on a  contender.  UAFS has a very good D2 BB program.

Porked Tongue

I look for him to try and play with a former teammate.  One possible is Curry at Minnesota.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 31, 2018, 09:54:57 am
I look for him to try and play with a former teammate.  One possible is Curry at Minnesota.

Has that injury healed?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Swinesong1

HoopS

#1 STUNNA