Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7 years in. This needs to be Mike Anderson last year

Started by Mr. Porkleone, January 10, 2018, 09:48:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

Long Hires in his tenure.

CBB we saw his results.

Mike Anderson. He's done nothing. Top 25 how many times in 7 years? How many SEC Championships? How many weekend NCAA's? Road record?

Time for change. Anderson can't get his players ready and I'm tired of Mediorce teams.

What a JOKE!

RagingHawgOn

That mike'd up chit was a JOKE.

Coaching? Nope.

Sick of this crap.

Mr. Porkleone

Letsroll1200

jst01

Total apathy has set in for me. I clicked on the game and saw it was 25-9 and turned on the Apple TV and watched some random show on amazon. Still don't know score.

SoCalHogFan

You really think the new AD is gonna pull a move like that in his first year? Maybe if we plummet, but I️ don't see I️t if we go close to 50/50 in SEC and make the tourney.
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special." <br />  Jim Valvano 1993 ESPYs

ADavisTheGOAT

Billy Donovan might get fired from the OKC Thunder. Better take advantage.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Mr. Porkleone

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: SoCalHogFan on January 10, 2018, 09:52:06 pm
You really think the new AD is gonna pull a move like that in his first year? Maybe if we plummet, but I️ don't see I️t if we go close to 50/50 in SEC and make the tourney.

Same ole same ole. 50/50. Not good enough 7 years in. Fire Mike Anderson

HogCzar1

In looking at our schedule, I really have a hard time seeing how we get to 18-20 wins.

elkhog

He's not the guy.  He never was.  Anyone who thought he could replicate Nolan's years was fooling themselves.   
GO HOGS!!!

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: elkhog on January 10, 2018, 10:00:13 pm
He's not the guy.  He never was.  Anyone who thought he could replicate Nolan's years was fooling themselves.   

+1

jfred59

Aint gonna happen for the simple reason that the Foundation is already paying buyouts out of the rear and cant afford another one.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: jfred59 on January 10, 2018, 10:15:57 pm
Aint gonna happen for the simple reason that the Foundation is already paying buyouts out of the rear and cant afford another one.

What is Anderson's buyout?

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 10, 2018, 09:52:34 pm

Please. Are you serious? We SUCK

Certain guys are having issues. They need to workout their differences and get back to plsying ball. Dustin T really is playing like he doesn't care about the team.

bkjbearcat

Was going to go to St. Louis this year for the tournament. Wont anymore. Team will be one and done.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Oliver

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 10, 2018, 10:22:36 pm
Was going to go to St. Louis this year for the tournament. Wont anymore. Team will be one and done.

If we are lucky

Knot2brite

MA guaranteed himself at least two years last year. They will best enough teams to be a probably NCAA team but not a lock and we will worry all the way through the selection show and probably make a play in (6/11) game and it will be enough for the powers that be.....MA isn't getting fired
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ICEman

We need to rid ourselves of all vestiges of Jeff Long's existence in terms of coaching hires.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

maxhog5

What I have a problem with is in 7 years with the possible exception of Portis' second year,  Anderson has continually failed to put a complete team on the floor.   One position has always been a black hole.  I guess I should be happy.  At least this year, the Hogs aren't relying on a walk-on as part of the rotation and he has actually managed to fill all scholarships.

Sivad

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 10, 2018, 10:27:14 pm
MA isn't getting fired
Of course not - for the same reason he was hired and massively overpaid - he is NolAnderson. The chosen one.

Tusker4life

I like CMA, but this what, the 24th year or so he has been in Fayetteville? Time for new blood, no Kentucky players or unproven nice guys needed. The Nolan magic left with him.

Quote from: ICEman on January 10, 2018, 10:31:10 pm
We need to rid ourselves of all vestiges of Jeff Long's existence in terms of coaching hires.
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

cram224

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on January 10, 2018, 09:52:31 pm
Billy Donovan might get fired from the OKC Thunder. Better take advantage.
I don't keep up with NBA, however CBD would be the home run hire of all time.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Sivad on January 10, 2018, 10:34:13 pm
Of course not - for the same reason he was hired and massively overpaid - he is NolAnderson. The chosen one.
And was proclaimed that by many who now call for his head
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ChicoHog

Hopefully the new AD won't let the GOBN keep Anderson.  We may bounce back from this like last year but as long as Anderson is the coach these type of games will always happen.  He just doesn't get it and never will. 

Tusker4life

I am a big OKC fan and it's not looking good for Donovan either, big talent and in a 3 game skid as well. They played barely better than Arkansas tonight.

Quote from: cram224 on January 10, 2018, 10:38:41 pm
I don't keep up with NBA, however CBD would be the home run hire of all time.
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

elksnort

It's the same darn that happens all the time. If they don't beat Missouri on Saturday then it really is time to worry

pigmania

There's absolutely no reason to be playing this poorly with the inability to win on the road when this team is senior heavy. There are 7 seniors on this team, yet they play like a young inexperienced freshman team.

hog47

This team, if you can call it that, has lost their shooting touch. Lack of defense, and look lost. I thought it might be the starters playing too many minutes and it's caught up to them.whatever it is this group will have a losing season unless there are major changes done and soon, 

PygmalionEffect2

Quote from: ICEman on January 10, 2018, 10:31:10 pm
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

3kgthog

If there's anything less than a Sweet 16, he needs to go. That's more than fair. That's what Stan and Pel were allowed in fewer seasons. If the recruits leave, so what? Mike wouldn't do anything with them anyway.

hobhog

hobhog

Quote from: pigmania on January 10, 2018, 11:16:38 pm
There's absolutely no reason to be playing this poorly with the inability to win on the road when this team is senior heavy. There are 7 seniors on this team, yet they play like a young inexperienced freshman team.

hogfan870

I was shocked about how poorly we played tonight.

I don't remember the exact game (loss) last year when I gave up on Anderson, but I will say that right after it, we turned it around and ending up having what I considered an acceptable year. I guess I hope he does that again this year, but it is hard to be optimistic right now.

P.S. It did not effect the outcome, but I was at the game was very disappointed with the officiating. Particularly the dark black ref. He really seemed biased to me, both on calls and non calls.  Did it seem that way to the people watching on TV? Did the commentators say anything about it?

Pork Twain

This year both of our HCs made a fool of me.  I really thought this was the year that they were both going to put it all together.  One fired, one to go.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

cosmodrum

Quote from: elkhog on January 10, 2018, 10:00:13 pm

At least we got that over with and can go get a real coach in the next few years and the return to Nolan glory stuff can be put to bed.
Go away, batin'

Torqued pork

This is Mike Anderson basketball.

You can drive by a pickup game and see kids playing with more passion and a higher basketball IQ than what you'll get all too often from MA teams.

Our best hope is AD Yurachek isn't a pillow fluffing milquetoast like Long.

HogBreath

Quote from: Tusker4life on January 10, 2018, 10:37:29 pm
I like CMA, but this what, the 24th year or so he has been in Fayetteville? Time for new blood, no Kentucky players or unproven nice guys needed. The Nolan magic left with him.

This Nolan magic left many years before he did.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

atom hog

This really is no surprise to me. Mike is a good guy, but never has had ability to out "X and O" anybody. Should have been let go 2 years ago. It simply shouldn't take this long to rebuild. I was almost ready to drink some Kool Aid, but knew deep inside this would happen. Has he lost he team already?

rzrbkman

Quote from: pigmania on January 10, 2018, 11:16:38 pm

6 seniors.

hawgjr

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 11, 2018, 04:01:27 am
Our best hope is AD Yurachek isn't a pillow fluffing milquetoast like Long.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hawg2afault

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on January 10, 2018, 09:49:54 pm
That mike'd up chit was a JOKE.

Coaching? Nope.

Sick of this crap.
Exactly what I thought.  "No energy out there...you look like your in mud"  Okay...

ICEman

I could see us tanking to a convenience store record.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

TNhawgfan

Watching the last 3 games, how can anyone see this team going .500 in SEC play? Unless Barford, Macon, and Gafford are all three on their game on the same night (i.e. Tennessee), we can't beat anyone (and we barely beat them).
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Kevin

so what do you do with a coach that makes the ncaa tournament twice in 7 years, if this does happen
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

solitons

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 10, 2018, 09:48:33 pm
Long Hires in his tenure.

CBB we saw his results.

Mike Anderson. He's done nothing. Top 25 how many times in 7 years? How many SEC Championships? How many weekend NCAA's? Road record?

Time for change. Anderson can't get his players ready and I'm tired of Mediorce teams.

What a JOKE!
+1

Hog N Bama

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Kevin on January 11, 2018, 07:25:30 am
so what do you do with a coach that makes the ncaa tournament twice in 7 years, if this does happen
Fire his butt?

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Hog N Bama on January 11, 2018, 07:41:04 am
Mike Anderson should have been fired 2 years ago

But as guys like FCJ kept saying is, "If you fire Mike the whatever class is gone." In reality what would of happened is the ones who signed would of signed anyway. And MA being fired would of gave Perry the easy out to flip. In stead of bring up a sick father.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Kevin on January 11, 2018, 07:25:30 am

You start reading all the "you can't fire a coach that made the tournament the last one year out of two" threads.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.