Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 23, 2024, 05:37:39 pm

Sigh.

Started by Randohoggie, January 06, 2018, 09:25:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Oliver on January 06, 2018, 10:40:51 pm
I'm only writing them off as anything better than an 8 seed or better in the NCAAT.  If you think they will be better than that, then you are the stupid one
everybody loses on the road, not everybody beats 3 top 25 teams in the first 15 games.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Knot2brite

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 06, 2018, 10:41:12 pm
I chose a different sport, but I'm not going to go any further into it than that.  Other than to say that the vast majority of my scholarships were academic.
Ahhhhh....baseball...I see...well I understand that there is a need for privacy and I respect that...hope that you were able to attain the level of education  you were wanting to attain with relative ease and that it has brought you prosperity
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Randohoggie

Quote from: Oliver on January 06, 2018, 10:40:51 pm
I'm only writing them off as anything better than an 8 seed or better in the NCAAT.  If you think they will be better than that, then you are the stupid one

I think your stupidity has been well established over time, but I'll leave it at that.

orvillesghost

it isn't the week that bothers me, its the last six years...

Randohoggie

Quote from: orvillesghost on January 06, 2018, 11:07:04 pm
it isn't the week that bothers me, its the last six years...

How are the last 6 versus the 15 before them?

pigture perfect

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 06, 2018, 11:18:03 pm
How are the last 6 versus the 15 before them?
really? Without looking I'm thinking about the same as far as tourney wins.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Randohoggie

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 06, 2018, 11:37:20 pm
really? Without looking I'm thinking about the same as far as tourney wins.

You're close.  We had 3 NCAA wins in the 15 years before Anderson was hired.  We've had 2 in the last 6.  Probably a better representation would if be if I had been more exact in my years ... We had 1 NCAA win in the 9 years after Nolan was fired.  We have had 2 NCAA wins in the last 3 years.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 06, 2018, 11:43:55 pm
You're close.  We had 3 NCAA wins in the 15 years before Anderson was hired.  We've had 2 in the last 6.  Probably a better representation would if be if I had been more exact in my years ... We had 1 NCAA win in the 9 years after Nolan was fired.  We have had 2 NCAA wins in the last 3 years.
And those two wins will keep him employeed for as long as he wants to be here...so why are you fighting the good fight for him? He isn't getting fired...we all knew what the score was when he was hired...we can complain or bitch or moan until our eyes fall out of our heads and our fingers fall off our hands...he is safe

Randohoggie

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 06, 2018, 11:56:17 pm
And those two wins will keep him employeed for as long as he wants to be here...so why are you fighting the good fight for him? He isn't getting fired...we all knew what the score was when he was hired...we can complain or bitch or moan until our eyes fall out of our heads and our fingers fall off our hands...he is safe

I'm not.  I'm trying to teach common sense to cretins, as it turns out.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 06, 2018, 11:57:15 pm
I'm not.  I'm trying to teach common sense to cretins, as it turns out.

You were right I did have you wrong...you have a God complex...makes lots of sense...good luck with that ...because you can talk down, cajole, be flippiant or enlighten me all you want...we are what we are year in and year out with this staff and all we can hope for is catching a moment of lightening in a bottle and maybe be better than one and done or two and Q...but like you said before I don't sound hopeful...I try to but the reality is that I expect us not to and hope that I am surprised when I am wrong....hasn't happened in a loooong time and I am running out of that like every one else

Randohoggie

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 07, 2018, 12:03:48 am
You were right I did have you wrong...you have a God complex...makes lots of sense...good luck with that ...because you can talk down, cajole, be flippiant or enlighten me all you want...we are what we are year in and year out with this staff and all we can hope for is catching a moment of lightening in a bottle and maybe be better than one and done or two and Q...but like you said before I don't sound hopeful...I try to but the reality is that I expect us not to and hope that I am surprised when I am wrong....hasn't happened in a loooong time and I am running out of that like every one else

Then just accept it for what it is - sports.  Nothing that has any further effect on your life.  Nothing you think, say, or do will have any effect on sports.  The past is not the present or the future.  You can be a whiny baby all you want, but it won't change things.  So why torment yourself?

Knot2brite

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 07, 2018, 12:13:20 am
Then just accept it for what it is - sports.  Nothing that has any further effect on your life.  Nothing you think, say, or do will have any effect on sports.  The past is not the present or the future.  You can be a whiny baby all you want, but it won't change things.  So why torment yourself?

Whiny baby...nice...at least I am not a self important dick that is going around spouting off nonsense and passing it off as common sense...you see I do this for a living...maybe not at the high levels but still it is more than just sports...it is the game..there are right ways and wrong ways to do things ...there is a reason I do this as a profession and that is because it was so much of a part of my life that now it is my livelihood. Again I don't claim to be at that level but even the novice can watch this and tell that it is garbage that we don't get better at the same things year in and year out. When I quit coaching baseball I found that I enjoyed watching baseball again...not so much with basketball because I can't watch my favorite team play good basketball because they can't play fundamental basketball...I follow a lot of teams but my favorite is the Hogs...and it really disturbs me that I am having to explain this to a self righteous SOB in the first place

Randohoggie

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 07, 2018, 12:24:25 am
Whiny baby...nice...at least I am not a self important dick that is going around spouting off nonsense and passing it off as common sense...you see I do this for a living...maybe not at the high levels but still it is more than just sports...it is the game..there are right ways and wrong ways to do things ...there is a reason I do this as a profession and that is because it was so much of a part of my life that now it is my livelihood. Again I don't claim to be at that level but even the novice can watch this and tell that it is garbage that we don't get better at the same things year in and year out. When I quit coaching baseball I found that I enjoyed watching baseball again...not so much with basketball because I can't watch my favorite team play good basketball because they can't play fundamental basketball...I follow a lot of teams but my favorite is the Hogs...and it really disturbs me that I am having to explain this to a self righteous SOB in the first place

Could you condense that down into an actual point?  Kthx.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 07, 2018, 12:28:41 am
Could you condense that down into an actual point?  Kthx.
Not for the likes of you

Randohoggie

hoghappy

Knot2brite is a great mind on your his board. Only an uninformed smart aleck would purposely try to argue with him. He knows what he's talking about. You have not proven yourself yet. And you're off to a bad start.

RazorNick

Tennessee is now 1-2 in SEC play, they beat Kentucky last night 76-65

hobhog

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 06, 2018, 09:47:02 pm
Kentucky presently getting rolled up by Tennessee at Tennessee.  I am sure their season is over too.

They haven't been mediocre for 20 years. The reason people are getting down is we have seen this movie before. This team is losing when it shouldn't.

NEA_HogFan

I don't mind us losing. Looking like hot garbage when we play good teams I do mind. The first half of MSU and Auburn are inexcusable.

HognitiveDissonance

The Hogs have played three road games this year, and are 0-3.
Not good.
(And no, neutral site games don't count as road games. Road games are in someone else's gym, in front of someone else's fans)

I fully expect the Hogs to win both home games this week.

Eventually we'll have to leave the friendly confines again, though.
So far nothing has suggested we'll do well, but it's still early.
The Hogs stunk last year and finished strong, with a 6-3 road record, which was great. Yes, the inconsistency right now is maddening, but who says last year won't repeat this year? No one knows.

I had a reasonable goal of 12-6 in the SEC for this team. It's still possible.
It's ok to be upset now, but it's always wise to wait until the end of the year before drawing conclusions.

rzrbackramsfan

#1 Michigan State just lost to unranked Ohio State on the road and considering the score was 64-80, I'm guessing Mich St played like "hot garbage"

Randohoggie

Quote from: hoghappy on January 07, 2018, 01:49:55 am
Knot2brite is a great mind on your his board. Only an uninformed smart aleck would purposely try to argue with him. He knows what he's talking about. You have not proven yourself yet. And you're off to a bad start.

Yeah, if I become well known here, please shoot me in the head.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2018, 09:35:44 pm
losing to the National Champion in a way that had every SEC analyst talking about the refs, even Big College Basketball analysts were talking about how we got cheated lol, we were the only team that gave UNC competition in the tourney
That's inaccurate because they beat Kentucky on a shot in the final seconds of the elite eight

SemperHawg

All I can think about is how bonkers March Madness is going to be.  At the rate things are going now, anyone could get hot and make a run.  I know that is the case most years, it just feels like there is even more of it this year.

Athog

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 06, 2018, 09:40:48 pm
Gets them nothing.  But should give a reasonable person the knowledge that a 2 game slump doesn't mean a team is bad.

No but coming out with no effort and intensity at home is a cause for real concern!!