Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Full Tilt Frito Pie.

Started by twistitup, January 06, 2018, 03:21:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

At every concession stand in the stadium....we will be seeing the Full Tilt Frito Pie - it's happening folks. Finally, things are moving in the right direction.

I'm not 100% sure this is happening, but I am going to test the 'power of positive thinking' theory

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on January 06, 2018, 03:21:58 pm
At every concession stand in the stadium....we will be seeing the Full Tilt Frito Pie - it's happening folks. Finally, things are moving in the right direction.

I'm not 100% sure this is happening, but I am going to test the 'power of positive thinking' theory

There was a recipe for Frito pie casserole in the ADG a few days ago, I just knew you would post it.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 03:33:07 pm
There was a recipe for Frito pie casserole in the ADG a few days ago, I just knew you would post it.

Do you have the ADG thrown on lawn or read it online? I read it for years, but have not lately - need to again....especially since they are on board w publishing Frito Pie recipes. That takes balls

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on January 06, 2018, 03:38:05 pm
Do you have the ADG thrown on lawn or read it online? I read it for years, but have not lately - need to again....especially since they are on board w publishing Frito Pie recipes. That takes balls

Thrown on the lawn, I get it and the Jonesboro Sun. My carrier gets it for me for 1/2 price, every year when it comes time to renwew, he says "don't renew with them, go through me" for 1/2 price. I'm sure there's some addresses in town down for getting the paper, lol. I figure he gets some type of commission for new subscribers. I get it mostly for the obits, at 59, I getting to know more and more of them.

Athog

Hey it is Hogville! Balls not needed.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: twistitup on January 06, 2018, 03:21:58 pm

I'm going to carry a spork to all games.
What am I saying. I always carry a spork, of course I will carry one at games.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

rljjr

It may not be a fluid situation now, but if it comes true then it certainly will be.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 03:33:07 pm

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2018, 03:45:24 pm
Thrown on the lawn, I get it and the Jonesboro Sun. My carrier gets it for me for 1/2 price, every year when it comes time to renwew, he says "don't renew with them, go through me" for 1/2 price. I'm sure there's some addresses in town down for getting the paper, lol. I figure he gets some type of commission for new subscribers. I get it mostly for the obits, at 59, I getting to know more and more of them.

Still have ADG thrown on the lawn. Great courier with a great arm. It hits the sidewalk by 6:00 am every day, like clockwork. If it's raining, always double-bagged and placed just off the sidewalk in the grass within arms reach. Have to get J'boro Sun on-line. No daily delivery in NWA.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 07, 2018, 12:21:34 pm
Still have ADG thrown on the lawn. Great courier with a great arm. It hits the sidewalk by 6:00 am every day, like clockwork. If it's raining, always double-bagged and placed just off the sidewalk in the grass within arms reach. Have to get J'boro Sun on-line. No daily delivery in NWA.

Well, your guy/gal is better than mine. Placement is fine, but he tends not to double-bag or tie on rainy days and it's on the bottom of the driveway getting all the runoff, but hey, it's halfpriced.....

HawgWild

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 12:29:23 pm
Well, your guy/gal is better than mine. Placement is fine, but he tends not to double-bag or tie on rainy days and it's on the bottom of the driveway getting all the runoff, but hey, it's halfpriced.....

Your service might improve if you were a little more generous at Christmas time. ;) Double bagged here as well. I would be interested in how you worked the half priced deal. I stopped delivery a few years back and came back with a half price offer. You?

Rudy Baylor

"Frito Pie" with corn and lettuce and shredded carrots need not be double bagged

ADG

Central Arkansas "Frito Pie"

:-\

ricepig

Quote from: HawgWild on January 07, 2018, 02:52:29 pm
Your service might improve if you were a little more generous at Christmas time. ;) Double bagged here as well. I would be interested in how you worked the half priced deal. I stopped delivery a few years back and came back with a half price offer. You?

I stated it earlier, I thought in this thread. Our area rep, who may be my carrier, told me a couple of years ago not to renew when it came time and call him. My subscription runs out, or is about to, I call him and pay him 1/2 price for the next year. I figure he's getting some cut for "new subscribers" , I don't know how he's doing it.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

What good is having the highest quality Frito pie if all you have to wash it down with is Pepsi?  That's a no-win situation.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

ricepig

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on January 07, 2018, 03:24:20 pm
What good is having the highest quality Frito pie if all you have to wash it down with is Pepsi?  That's a no-win situation.

Uh....beer?

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on January 07, 2018, 03:24:20 pm

Pepsi is carpetbagger Coke  >:(

HawgWild

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 03:09:30 pm
I stated it earlier, I thought in this thread.

You had. My bad. I'd give up an extra bag on a rainy day to save $200 a year. No doubt.

ricepig

Quote from: HawgWild on January 07, 2018, 03:29:46 pm
You had. My bad. I'd give up an extra bag on a rainy day to save $200 a year. No doubt.

Yeah, I don't know if I'd still subscribe if I paid full price.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

ricepig

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on January 07, 2018, 03:36:32 pm
Well, that might work if it was available.

It is, you just have to pay for it.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 03:09:30 pm
I stated it earlier, I thought in this thread. Our area rep, who may be my carrier, told me a couple of years ago not to renew when it came time and call him. My subscription runs out, or is about to, I call him and pay him 1/2 price for the next year. I figure he's getting some cut for "new subscribers" , I don't know how he's doing it.

The name on your account may change each year. If you get an invoice adressed to PonderinHog or
Vin Ascolese, just pay it.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 03:46:31 pm
It is, you just have to pay for it.

Can you let me hold a dollar?

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 07, 2018, 04:19:07 pm
The name on your account may change each year. If you get an invoice adressed to PonderinHog or
Vin Ascolese, just pay it.

Well, the circulation desk called me last week saying I needed to pay up to continue, they've called every year stating the same. I just call my carrier and it somehow all works out.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2018, 12:29:23 pm

That's probably what he is thinking. Those services come at an extra cost. He must have worked for the cable company before.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ricepig

Quote from: ChitownHawg on January 07, 2018, 04:30:12 pm
That's probably what he is thinking. Those services come at an extra cost. He must have worked for the cable company before.  ;D

I mean, seriously, how did he figure out my WM gift card was the one with nothing loaded on it??

HawgWild

Every renewal for the last couple of years has cost more than the one before and yet the paper continues to shrink. I feel kinda sad for the business. They're on the brink of extinction.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I'm sorry, but that Frito Pie concoction looks like one of my own that many so called Frito Pie Purists poo poo'd... If y'all like that then we're gonna have to have a Hogville Frito Pie Cook-Oft at the Arkansas MSU tailgate in Starkville. Just another way to remind those State folks how badassed we are...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

rogersvillemohog

As long as the recipe is coming from Casper's chili parlor in Springfield, MO. Heck, I think I could probably talk old Yurachek into it after one good stop at my old hometown greasy spoon. Gotta add the Louisiana Hot Sauce and red pepper flakes to give it that extra oomph!

Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

twistitup

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on January 07, 2018, 03:03:56 pm
"Frito Pie" with corn and lettuce and shredded carrots need not be double bagged

ADG

Central Arkansas "Frito Pie"

:-\

Corn...ok, maybe let that slide(hopefully roasted)

Lettuce, shredded carrots? Are we making Frito Pie Salad?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: twistitup on January 07, 2018, 06:48:33 pm
Corn...ok, maybe let that slide(hopefully roasted)

Lettuce, shredded carrots? Are we making Frito Pie Salad?

Yes, and you'd love it... Come on down, bring a load for the "other" bowl and I'll load up your chili bowl...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

longtimeHogfan

Do you have the ADG thrown on lawn or read it online?

I get mine off the bottom of my neighbor's Myna bird's cage after he's done with it.   
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.