Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Randy on drive time rumor

Started by checkraiser88, January 04, 2018, 05:24:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Einswine

May be Chavis, wouldn't be surprised if it isn't. Won't believe anything til the university issues a press release. No way do I believe Chavis has been conducting UofA business while under contract to A&M.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 04, 2018, 10:34:53 pm

I do not believe he's asked for anymore money.

I think he was referring to CM asking for more money to pay assistants.  The wording on that made it read funny.  I don't know that CM did that....but someone posted it as if it was known to have happened. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Sivad on January 04, 2018, 10:43:08 pm
Since it's "according to Randy Rimwatter" I'd say NO.

Actually it isn't even according to Rainwater.  He just read something sent in to DTS' Live Fan Feedback by some random listener, the OP heard it and posted, and off it went.

HOGINTENNESSEE

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 04, 2018, 10:44:40 pm
May be Chavis, wouldn't be surprised if it isn't. Won't believe anything til the university issues a press release. No way do I believe Chavis has been conducting UofA business while under contract to A&M.

But....but....but...important Hogville brass say he is already working hard. Crootin, scheming, preparing for next year.

Here is one for you, I know for a fact they are making another run at Brent.

Maybe as an analyst......

SMDH.

PRJ

pigmania

So it's, get into the left lane and hammer down, except for when it comes to putting a coaching staff together.

LZH

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 04, 2018, 10:44:40 pm
No way do I believe Chavis has been conducting UofA business while under contract to A&M.

^^^^

Unless there is some sort of settlement between the two schools, it makes zero sense working for Arkansas on A&M's nickel.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 10:51:55 pm
So it's, get into the left lane and hammer down, except for when it comes to putting announcing a coaching staff together.

FIFY

hobhog

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 10:51:55 pm
So it's, get into the left lane and hammer down, except for when it comes to putting a coaching staff together.

247Hog

IF BV left Clemson for something besides a HC job, it'd probably be to Oklahoma to replace Stoops. IMO that's more of a possibility than coming to UA.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

hobhog

Quote from: 247Hog on January 04, 2018, 10:55:06 pm
IF BV left Clemson for something besides a HC job, it'd probably be to Oklahoma to replace Stoops. IMO that's more of a possibility than coming to UA.

Stoops? Welcome to 2018....

Philip Seaton

Quote from: duckman on January 04, 2018, 10:20:06 pm
Could be, I never said what it was for....  Timing is odd though.

I can see that. But I tend to think that he wants more to complete Chavis' staff. I mean Caldwell has already resigned from Boise State. Sure he might work with someone else, but he is really good friends with Chavis. I just think it is get other assistants.

pigmania

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 10:54:37 pm
FIFY
So you think we're locked in with a DC, but going to wait on announcing it for some special day?

Wild Bill Hog

Can't see BV going back to Okie.  He's been there already.

247Hog

Quote from: hobhog on January 04, 2018, 10:56:44 pm
Stoops? Welcome to 2018....

Mike Stoops

Football coach
Michael Joseph Stoops is an American football coach and former player. He is currently the defensive coordinator at the University of Oklahoma. Wikipedia
Born: December 13, 1961 (age 56), Youngstown, OH
Career end: 1987
Team coached: Oklahoma Sooners football (Defensive coordinator, since 2015)
Position: Defensive back
Spouse: Erin (Cotton) Ledesma, Nicole Stoops (m. 2001–2009)
Siblings: Bob Stoops, Mark Stoops
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

247Hog

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 10:57:32 pm
Can't see BV going back to Okie.  He's been there already.

Yeah but they're not rebuilding and close to his family. I don't think he is going to OU, just saying IF he went anywhere to be a DC, i can see it being there.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: pigmania on January 04, 2018, 10:57:30 pm
So you think we're locked in with a DC, but going to wait on announcing it for some special day?

I think they are waiting until the legal people get Chavis' buyout arrangement worked out.  May very well be some other Assistants currently in the works as well.  Didn't Morris say he wanted to announce his entire coaching staff at once?

Dark Helmet Hog

Just treat it like buying a lottery ticket. Dream big until they announce the wining numbers. You always have a chance until it's over.

Airforcehawg

Or maybe he was waiting to see if Bill Synder was going to step down at KSU (BV's Alma Mater). Now that Synder has said he was coming back...Maybe he is in play for us. Is it going to happen....probably not, but another conspiracy theory either way.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: 247Hog on January 04, 2018, 10:59:01 pm
Yeah but they're not rebuilding and close to his family. I don't think he is going to OU, just saying IF he went anywhere to be a DC, i can see it being there.

Stoops isn't going to get booted.  BV didn't exactly have a picnic when he was at OU before.

pigmania

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 11:01:40 pm
I think they are waiting until the legal people get Chavis' buyout arrangement worked out.  May very well be some other Assistants currently in the works as well.  Didn't Morris say he wanted to announce his entire coaching staff at once?
Ok, I'm going to trust that you're correct.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Airforcehawg on January 04, 2018, 11:03:22 pm
Or maybe he was waiting to see if Bill Synder was going to step down at KSU (BV's Alma Mater). Now that Synder has said he was coming back...Maybe he is in play for us. Is it going to happen....probably not, but another conspiracy theory either way.

Snyder's announcement that he was coming back is not a new one.  He's been publicly saying it all along.

pigmania

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 11:08:55 pm
Snyder's announcement that he was coming back is not a new one.  He's been publicly saying it all along.
If Venables comes, we need to make sure Snyder stays good and healthy and wants to coach another 5 years. We need to put somebody in charge of giving him is daily Ensure and Geritol.

HogFansReunited

Thanks for shattering everyone's hope and dreams Richard.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

WOOPIGDOOIE

JIHawg

Announcements of new coaching staff will be Friday or Saturday, depending on logistics issues.  Chavis will be introduced, along with Caldwell and other assistants.  Morris wants to make a big splash with all assistants hired so far for recruiting purposes.

It's all good and will be impressive.

Razorback Pastor

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 04, 2018, 07:51:51 pm
That was PiP saying that. PRJ actually seemed to be right for the most part during the HC search

ambien_sky

I wish people would stop the Venables talk.  He is NOT coming to Arkansas.  End of story.  Why in the hell would he? Not only are his kids going to school there,  but they are a much better program than us right now.  It would make no sense for him to do it.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: JIHawg on January 04, 2018, 11:41:43 pm
Announcements of new coaching staff will be Friday or Saturday, depending on logistics issues.  Chavis will be introduced, along with Caldwell and other assistants.  Morris wants to make a big splash with all assistants hired so far for recruiting purposes.

Sounds really good to me.  I'm looking forward to it.

Sivad

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 04, 2018, 11:01:40 pm
Didn't Morris say he wanted to announce his entire coaching staff at once?
Why?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Sivad on January 05, 2018, 12:31:17 am
Why?

Why does he want to do that?  I don't know, but I believe he did say that.

Sivad

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 05, 2018, 12:33:18 am
Why does he want to do that?  I don't know, but I believe he did say that.
Yes he sure did.

cosmodrum

Didn't read all 4 pages but how much has Hogville decided to pay Brandt Vulnerables
Go away, batin'

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 05, 2018, 12:34:22 am
Didn't read all 4 pages but how much has Hogville decided to pay Brandt Vulnerables

$3 million I think.

Sivad

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 05, 2018, 12:34:22 am
The "Double R" would never be able to handle the linguistics of such a hire.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Sivad on January 05, 2018, 12:35:55 am
The "Double R" would never be able to handle the linguistics of such a hire.

That wouldn't stop him from saying it though - no matter how he says it.

checkraiser88

How come nobody has seen Chavis on Campus and working if that were to be true?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 05, 2018, 12:52:03 am
How come nobody has seen Chavis on Campus and working if that were to be true?

Maybe because he's still employed by TAMU would be my guess.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 04, 2018, 10:44:34 pm
Chavis is the man.
This is the absolute most reliable source to ever post on Hogville.  If he is incorrect, I will lose faith in anything ever posted here.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 05, 2018, 03:17:27 am
This is the absolute most reliable source to ever post on Hogville.  If he is incorrect, I will lose faith in anything ever posted here.
My thoughts exactly

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 05, 2018, 03:17:27 am

Likewise.

redhogchilipepper

Quote from: JIHawg on January 04, 2018, 11:41:43 pm

Stay Thirsty my friend! Your are the most entertaining man in the world

Al Boarland

It would be beyond dumb to pay a DC $2m dollars to coach at the UofA. You would never get a return on the investment. That is top 5 defense money. Might as well use it to pay players because that the only way you would get a return on that kind of $ spent on defense.

King Kong

Quote from: Al Boarland on January 05, 2018, 05:50:27 am
It would be beyond dumb to pay a DC $2m dollars to coach at the UofA. You would never get a return on the investment. That is top 5 defense money. Might as well use it to pay players because that the only way you would get a return on that kind of $ spent on defense.

Not if it was for Venables. Venables is the best DC recruiter and it ain't close. Most DC don't recruit. In addition he is probably the top defensive mind in college football right now.

MemphisBossHog

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on January 04, 2018, 06:34:31 pm
I live over in Clemson country and have been told by Clemson people that BV is not going anywhere unless it is for a HC job.  He will take over for Dabo in 2-3 years.
This makes sense except for Dabo going somewhere else in 2-3 years.  He is young.  He isnt retiring. Maybe everyone thinks Dabo will go to Bama when Nicky Nick retires.  Other than that, not sure why Dabo would not be the Clemson coach in 2-3 years.

Regardless, as exciting as it is to think BV could come to Ark, we all know he is not.  And now Dick Davenport has said Chavis is the man so I think we need to get behind Chief and hope he can build a defense on the Hill.

LawyerHog50

It's possible that they've got chavis in an Informal.agreement and working already while working out contract issues and therefore nothing is finalized on his end.....so while they wait they're making a run at venables.

Where there smoke there is fire.

8)
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

oldhawg

Quote from: Al Boarland on January 05, 2018, 05:50:27 am

Comes from two different financial sources ---- it's an accounting thing.  :)

ricepig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on January 04, 2018, 09:59:11 pm
Exactly.

Especially if he is already working on the hill.

PRJ

Don't know about working, but was eating.