Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The great Kirby Smart

Started by Keldeo1997, January 01, 2018, 05:59:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Keldeo1997

Gives up 360 yards of offence and 31 points in the first half and people would be shouting hallelujah if we hired Kirby as DC .

RebelliousHog

Too bad you don't run the football team. We'd be paying Gus 7Mil  year and losing.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

onebadrubi

The great Kirby Smart isn't out of this game either yet.  Its definitely been an OU style game so far, but that is what OU does with someone like Baker at QB.  You could throw in tOSU/meyer/schiano into the same comment.  They couldn't stop him either really. 

Lincoln Riley is a good coach that knows how to use his strengths, something we haven't had at Arkansas in some time.  Every team has a weakness and a strength, good coaches find ways to exploit weaknesses and use their strengths.  Getting that 5'8 track guy (Brown maybe?) in to some dedicated plays and space was great.  Auburn might have won with that kind of thinking.

sickboy

Watch Georgia win now. Every time someone pops off before the game's over, things turn around and the OP starts looking silly. Happened Saturday on the Jump Ball forum during the Tennessee game.

At any rate, you don't judge anyone on a single half of a game.

racinghog

Oh look another one here for a short spell.

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: sickboy on January 01, 2018, 06:08:43 pm
Watch Georgia win now. Every time someone pops off before the game's over, things turn around and the OP starts looking silly. Happened Saturday on the Jump Ball forum during the Tennessee game.

At any rate, you don't judge anyone on a single half of a game.

Haven't watched Many Razorback football games lately, huh?

hawginbigd1

To me Smart is failing, only chance to beat them is to play aggressive and take away the run and force Mayfield to make decisions quick. I would bring 5 or 6 on every play in a gap sound fashion and  take away all run options. Making OU one dimensional is the only way IMO.

VirginiaHog

Kirby and Georgia will be fine. Find something else to complain about.

FATHAWG08

This is becoming typical in college football. 7 on 7 football
I love off season Football!!

ambien_sky

To even suggest that that Kirby Smart isn't a great coach is just plain stupid.  There really isn't much else to say.

sickboy

Well, shucks. Don't look now.

hawganatic

This thread is just an epic fail by the OP...

nesjunk

Dude, those were some epic halftime adjustments.

AHiD

You guys are missing the point.
My name...is Jerruh

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hawganatic on January 01, 2018, 06:53:37 pm
This thread is just an epic fail by the OP...
It's pretty obvious what he meant. He meant that anyone can have a bad half or a game. He wasn't slamming Kirby Smart. He was slamming people that bashed Chavis for having a bad bowl game.

onebadrubi

This thread just shows how football dumb some people are. 

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Keldeo1997 on January 01, 2018, 05:59:51 pm
Gives up 360 yards of offence and 31 points in the first half and people would be shouting hallelujah if we hired Kirby as DC .

You must be Bigpimpinpig's kissin' cousin! He complains about BB, and you complain about FB
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

SooieGeneris

Quote from: ambien_sky on January 01, 2018, 06:29:34 pm
To even suggest that that Kirby Smart isn't a great coach is just plain stupid.  There really isn't much else to say.

You don't understand sarcasm apparently...
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

jcbville

NuttinItUp

It will be interesting to see Smart facing Saban in the final game. Will the student become the teacher?

Victom

The Kig

2ND half adjustments... What are those?  Holy smokes, what a difference.  OU has 29 yards in the 2ND half so far after dumping 360 in the first. 
Poker Porker

PORKULATOR

okay smarta$$$$$$, how many points has he given up to Baker Mayfield in the 2nd? 5 receptions no points so far.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

twistitup

he's Smart enough to hire and RETAIN Pittman / Chaney

Something we couldn't do....
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

LRHawg

BOAR_N2BWILD

Oklahoma is not exactly Wake Forest
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Torqued pork

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 01, 2018, 07:47:42 pm
What a game!
I watched the first half and thought it might get out of hand, so started putting the christmas stuff back in the attic.  Came back and GA was up a touchdown.  Been glued ever since.

Torqued pork

HighcountryHog

Helluva game.  If Bama or Clemson is better than either one of these teams, I haven't seen that performance.
no bumps, no fat chicks

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: The Kig on January 01, 2018, 07:06:25 pm
2ND half adjustments... What are those?  Holy smokes, what a difference.  OU has 29 yards in the 2ND half so far after dumping 360 in the first.

The_Iceman

Hogville would have never accepted Arkansas hiring a coach like Dabo, Riley, or Smart.

Pigsknuckles

The game changed on that pooch KO.  Riley out thunk himself.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

PonderinHog

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

PonderinHog

Flrazrback

Smart and staff did what they needed to do.. They won the dang ballgame !!  Looked like they were in trouble but the comeback was epic.  Congrats to the Dawgs.. They earned this win.

Inhogswetrust

Guess who won the game.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on January 01, 2018, 06:57:38 pm
You guys are missing the point.

I thought the point was to win the game.....................so we missed the point right up until Georgia won the game..............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RebHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 01, 2018, 09:09:54 pm
Guess who won the game.........................

Wont see this idiot new account again he will go back to spewing junk on his reg account  ;)

HogBreath

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 01, 2018, 08:33:46 pm
The game changed on that pooch KO.  Riley out thunk himself.
Yep..play of the game right there.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

redeye

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 01, 2018, 08:29:00 pm
Hogville would have never accepted Arkansas hiring a coach like Dabo, Riley, or Smart.

You mean hire an assistant to be our head coach?

Hoggish1

Gotta love that perfect karma you got goin'

ChicoHog

Quote from: nesjunk on January 01, 2018, 06:57:03 pm
Dude, those were some epic halftime adjustments.
Something we never saw this season. 

DeltaBoy

Won the game and going to the NC Game!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.