Gus faked another injury for time out

Started by FaulknerHogfan, January 01, 2018, 03:36:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FaulknerHogfan

3kgthog

Four losses. $7 million. War Damn Eagle. Ha ha ha ha ha ha

MtPorker

KCRazorbackfan

How do you like that huge contract now, Aubbie?  Hahahahahahaha!!
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

USChog

I wondered if that was the case but I think that dude was actually hurt.

hawgrunner

HoggieStyle

rljjr

Your starting center doesn't go down with a fake injury when you're moving the ball. Kid was hurt.

Snout team

Shouldn't that have been a 10 second run off?

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

synthartist69

ricehog43

Haha so happy he got beat, but hats off to Scott Frost. Class act
U of A Alum 2011.

Snout team

Quote from: farmhawg on January 01, 2018, 03:48:02 pm
Play clock was stopped.

Only because of a first down right?  Can't convince me that is not an advantage.  I don't think it was faked as they would have chosen someone other than starting center.  However more time would have run off if they were trying to get lined up and the ball spotted in a routine manner.

Seems like a loophole in the rule to me.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

SooieGeneris

I don't think this one was fake. If you're going to fake an injury you don't have the starting CENTER do it as the center calls out the blocking assignments and snaps the ball. Communication is a big part of the job and you often see bad snaps when another center comes in a game cold.

Having said that, I would love to see the reaction of the Barner boards to their newly extended $7 million dollar a year HC..

Bob Stoops won a NC in his 2nd season at OU, never won another. Gus went to the NCCG in his 1st year there, may never make it back, not that Gus is as good a HC as Stoops. Doing either of those so early in a regime makes it hard to top the rest of their time.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

onebadrubi

I'm on for piling on Gus and making fun of the idiot.  But if we are discussing the center, he was injured and no weight bearing on his right leg. 

I can understand the rule that states no 10 second run off in that stance because the clock was stopped.  However, it didn't matter time wise because the dumb QB through a lob with two deep safeties.  There was plenty of time left, throw that ball away and live to play again.  Just dumb

Pigasaurus

"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: USChog on January 01, 2018, 03:40:41 pm
I wondered if that was the case but I think that dude was actually hurt.

You don't want your starting center out of the game during the last snap.
This is my non-signature signature.

KlubhouseKonnected

Gus fakes injuries to get out of performing his husbandly duties too
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 01, 2018, 08:38:22 pm
Gus fakes injuries to get out of performing his husbandly duties too

You would too if you were married to Kristi
This is my non-signature signature.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 01, 2018, 09:13:13 pm
You would too if you were married to Kristi

True. Or if, like Gus, I were more in to dudes.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.