Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Hopper Tunnel idea

Started by bigpigpimpin, December 27, 2017, 09:38:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoghearted

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on December 28, 2017, 08:45:28 am
wonder where this started. all the chubby facebook moms are sharing this like crazy this morning.

What'cha got against chubby Facebook moms?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

HogFoo

I like this idea as well. I spoke to a girl who works for the highest dept. She said that she thought it could be done if the right person spoke to her boss.  I'm guess in she meant anyone with deep pockets willing to foot the bill.  Which I'm sure we could raise enough funds to get it done privately and then upkeep would turn over to the state.

I like the idea, but id5like it to go further.  Make it a 3D image!  Brightly painted.  With horns of concrete pillars.  Basically like it was a Hog carved out of the mountain.   That would look awesome.  It would garnish notoriety from all over the country if not the world.  It would definitely leave a lasting impression on anyone driving thru the tunnel.    We need to start a GoFund  Hog tunnel page and see what can do.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

HogFoo

Quote from: IronHog on December 28, 2017, 01:17:30 pm

I miss the 750 people have died in the next 50 yards signs
actually it was "7 killed in last 3yrs don't you be next"  and that sign sit the same for as far back as I can remember.  Which I used to have to drive that road a lot and as many accidents and deaths as I would see, I think the 7 was about the average for those who died in that stretch from alma to Fayetteville.  There used to be a corner that was marked by a white tire because so many people were killed at that particular spot.  It was nicknamed "deadmans corner"
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Chorizo Hogriguez

Ugly Uncle

I love it.  Lets do something fun and unique.  People will drive just to see it.
Retired Radio Host

Chorizo Hogriguez

we should win first!

then think about it!

Inhogswetrust

December 28, 2017, 08:11:07 pm #56 Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:50:46 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: IronHog on December 28, 2017, 05:57:49 pm
Who's laughing?

Nothing funny about putting the UA and it's billion dollars of subsidy's at the end of a death trap. 

How in the heck you stay on here trolling is baffling. That being said ALL roads back when it was started there were death traps. Even those in your neck of the woods.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PonderinHog

Let the RF do it.  Apparently, they have millions to blow!

Rzback

December 29, 2017, 07:36:07 am #58 Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 08:46:35 am by Rzback
Love it!!! Guess the other side of the tunnel should be the same instead of a tail with two hams
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

sowmonella

Many posters would complain that it's not in Little Rock. 8)
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HogFoo

Bump.  Thought I'd give this a little love since I liked the idea so much. 

I still think this would be a great idea.  Especially  a 3D version , not just a mural but a 3d version.  Same picture tho.  That would look awesome.  The north end could just be the tail end of the hog. If anything.  It would be cool if a view from above looked like everyone was driving thru a giant Hog placed on the road. Haha

Someone should start a GoFundMe account and raise the cash to get this done.  I bet it could work.  I mentioned i spoke to a girl who worked for the highway dept. She told me that it could definitely be done.  Just have to raise some funds, get donations.  I figure this something once Morris gets us back on the winning side of things again will be much easier to get everyone in agreement.  I still love the idea tho.

jst01

Only way this would be cool is if the hog was carved out of rock and looked like part of the mountain. Some colored thing made of plastic or metal would look cheap and bad.

idochog

I love Jesus!

IronHog

Quote from: sowmonella on December 29, 2017, 08:02:56 am

A running Razorback painted there could be cool

But NWA is popcorn hog at heart
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Athog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 27, 2017, 10:00:39 pm
Biggest Hog fan you'll meet, but hard pass from me. Just not a good idea for a lot of reasons.

I probably already pissed on your "alot of reasoning" before, but any a-hole who can't keep it on the road to drive through a snout shouldn't be driving anyway, and people stopping to take pic's could all be shot on site, or you could put a parking area and a walking bridge over the road so folks could take a pic at their leisure...

Now, I wouldn't paint it at all. I would just have it blasted and carved out of the natural stone...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 10:57:58 am
Only way this would be cool is if the hog was carved out of rock and looked like part of the mountain. Some colored thing made of plastic or metal would look cheap and bad.

What this guy said...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

HogFoo

Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 10:57:58 am
well that's basically what I have said already.  Hence the 3D Hog.  Not just a painted flat mural, but like the actual Hog Head that is pictured or one similar and it looks like it's made in the mountain.  Carved, concrete work, etc.    That to me is the only way.  It would get the most attention as well.  From everywhere.  Definitely need to start a fund page. Someone get on it. 

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 27, 2017, 10:00:39 pm
Biggest Hog fan you'll meet, but hard pass from me. Just not a good idea for a lot of reasons.

Cosign.  This is tacky on an epic scale.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sowmonella on December 29, 2017, 08:02:56 am

I love how you NWA trolls keep throwing that bait out and acting surprised that some idiot will bite...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HogFoo on January 07, 2018, 11:48:06 pm
well that's basically what I have said already.  Hence the 3D Hog.  Not just a painted flat mural, but like the actual Hog Head that is pictured or one similar and it looks like it's made in the mountain.  Carved, concrete work, etc.    That to me is the only way.  It would get the most attention as well.  From everywhere.  Definitely need to start a fund page. Someone get on it. 

Don't paint it..!