Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is so wrong about a Positive thread?

Started by williamsB, July 26, 2006, 10:35:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pseudorabies

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 26, 2006, 12:45:35 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on July 26, 2006, 11:10:50 am

Expressing your opinion is fine.  It is just that the darksiders, although it hate the labels on both sides, can not do so without insults, name calling, and personal attacks.  I know some of the "pumpers" do that too, but not at the level it comes from on the other side. 
If you could read some of the emails I get you might change your mind about that statement.
I have received outright threats and veiled threats from so called positive supporters of the football program who don't like the fact that I've shared some of my opinions on this message board. I've been verbally trashed by people on other boards.
There is a common thread to these insults: Leave our football program alone. Don't say anything bad. You are causing problems.
This is curious since I've never figured out why any of these people would think I would want the Hogs to be unsuccessful.
That however is beside the point. The people on message boards who support Houston Nutt can be just as vicious as those who don't.
You have really messed up to send a PM to a kid who works for me asking him to warn my bosses that I spend too much time on this message board. This was nothing more than a pathetic attempt to silence me. What made it laughable is that the guy assumed that I was secretly posting here, that people at KFSM had no idea of my involvement as an administrator.
Of course they know. My boss reads this board and has posted here. He supports my involvement as a way of letting me express my opinions since at KFSM we do not permit editorial comments on our news.
We also have employees who post here just like employees of other TV stations.
I find it interesting that the pro Nutt/anti Nutt factions continue to see themselves as good guys and the other side as intolerant jerks.
As always the truth is somewhere in the middle.

For the record Mike, I am a jerk on the good guy side.

artyhog

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 26, 2006, 12:45:35 pm

Expressing your opinion is fine.  It is just that the darksiders, although it hate the labels on both sides, can not do so without insults, name calling, and personal attacks.  I know some of the "pumpers" do that too, but not at the level it comes from on the other side. 
If you could read some of the emails I get you might change your mind about that statement.
I have received outright threats and veiled threats from so called positive supporters of the football program who don't like the fact that I've shared some of my opinions on this message board. I've been verbally trashed by people on other boards.
There is a common thread to these insults: Leave our football program alone. Don't say anything bad. You are causing problems.
This is curious since I've never figured out why any of these people would think I would want the Hogs to be unsuccessful.
That however is beside the point. The people on message boards who support Houston Nutt can be just as vicious as those who don't.
You have really messed up to send a PM to a kid who works for me asking him to warn my bosses that I spend too much time on this message board. This was nothing more than a pathetic attempt to silence me. What made it laughable is that the guy assumed that I was secretly posting here, that people at KFSM had no idea of my involvement as an administrator.
Of course they know. My boss reads this board and has posted here. He supports my involvement as a way of letting me express my opinions since at KFSM we do not permit editorial comments on our news.
We also have employees who post here just like employees of other TV stations.
I find it interesting that the pro Nutt/anti Nutt factions continue to see themselves as good guys and the other side as intolerant jerks.
As always the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Mike,

I think that your insites are pretty good.  Even though I do not agree with everything you say, I would not lower myself to bash you for your opinion.

Pork Twain

July 26, 2006, 12:53:12 pm #52 Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 12:55:36 pm by Superhog1975
Quote from: hogsNbeer on July 26, 2006, 12:47:24 pm
Quote from: Superhog1975 on July 26, 2006, 12:40:23 pm
Quote from: hogsNbeer on July 26, 2006, 12:35:26 pm
Quote from: aristotle on July 26, 2006, 12:29:52 pm
Quote from: Superhog1975 on July 26, 2006, 12:27:10 pm
I say the constant negativity from those on the darkside of the fence only hurt us and can never help us.  They are not going to get HDN fired because JFB has shown he does not care what is said on these message boards.  He is way to old-school for that.  When recruits come to our boards, and we all know this is the best one, all they see is negativity.  That COULD possibly sway them to heading to another location but it will never make them decide to come here.

These things you say are true, of course. But, it is the same at every school's message boards all across the country. I don't think ours is worse than any others.

Yea....go over to LSU, or Bama when they think their teams aren't doing what they expect......Our's is certainly not the worse.......Heck, as far as recruits go, they see that alot of fans are ok with mediocrity, that could send them elsewhere too.......
As usual you are all focussing on how it doesn't hurt, which I still say it does, and ignoring the fact that it does NOT help at all.

So I guess with this thought process..... If everybody has the same thoughts as Rick Schaeffer then the recruits would come in by the droves....?    I agree with Aristotle, if you think that message boards affect a high school kid's decision to not go to a specific school then I can't help.....
More sarcasm...  Show me how your negativity COULD help and I can show you how it COULD hurt.  It could cost us recruits.  I am not sure how it could ever help.  Please help me out there.  Facts and discussions are one thing.  Trashing just to trash is another.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

aristotle

Quote from: Superhog1975 on July 26, 2006, 12:53:12 pm
I say the constant negativity from those on the darkside of the fence only hurt us and can never help us.  They are not going to get HDN fired because JFB has shown he does not care what is said on these message boards.  He is way to old-school for that.  When recruits come to our boards, and we all know this is the best one, all they see is negativity.  That COULD possibly sway them to heading to another location but it will never make them decide to come here.

These things you say are true, of course. But, it is the same at every school's message boards all across the country. I don't think ours is worse than any others.

Yea....go over to LSU, or Bama when they think their teams aren't doing what they expect......Our's is certainly not the worse.......Heck, as far as recruits go, they see that alot of fans are ok with mediocrity, that could send them elsewhere too.......
As usual you are all focussing on how it doesn't hurt, which I still say it does, and ignoring the fact that it does NOT help at all.

So I guess with this thought process..... If everybody has the same thoughts as Rick Schaeffer then the recruits would come in by the droves....?    I agree with Aristotle, if you think that message boards affect a high school kid's decision to not go to a specific school then I can't help.....
More sarcasm...  Show me how your negativity COULD help and I can show you how it COULD hurt.  It could cost us recruits.  I am not sure how it could ever help.  Please help me out there.

The one example I can point to, is Mitch Mustain. Not only did he read posts on this site, he actually posted himself (anonymous of course ). To date, I would say that was the zenith of Houston Dale Nutt antagonism on this site (and others ). When it looked like we might lose Mitch, Damien, and the others. He witnessed it first hand. And he signed here.

mikeirwin

Quote from: pseudorabies on July 26, 2006, 12:51:26 pm
For the record Mike, I am a jerk on the good guy side.
I'm not sure about the jerk park but you are a great goof off. I've never been around a guy in my life who spends as much time fishing and playing golf as you. Well, no one who actually has a job.  ;D

Pork Twain

Quote from: aristotle on July 26, 2006, 12:57:16 pm

More sarcasm...  Show me how your negativity COULD help and I can show you how it COULD hurt.  It could cost us recruits.  I am not sure how it could ever help.  Please help me out there.

The one example I can point to, is Mitch Mustain. Not only did he read posts on this site, he actually posted himself (anonymous of course ). To date, I would say that was the zenith of Houston Dale Nutt antagonism on this site (and others ). When it looked like we might lose Mitch, Damien, and the others. He witnessed it first hand. And he signed here.
So is this for the good or for the bad.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

mikeirwin

July 26, 2006, 01:03:37 pm #56 Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 01:06:59 pm by mikeirwin

Great point. At one time I actually believed that Mitch might be affected by the negativity toward HDN on this board. I wasn't giving the kid enough credit. He has his own mind and he proved he can use it. Young people understand the purpose of message boards a lot better than the rest of us.

aristotle

Quote from: Superhog1975 on July 26, 2006, 12:59:44 pm

So is this for the good or for the bad.

Neither, IMO. I don't think it has nearly the crippling effect as you do, superhog. We are not unique in having passionate fans who spill their guts on a message board. If anything, Hogville is cream of the crop. Besides a large lobby of darksiders & huggers, we have fans from across the country and globe, numerous members of the media who keep us informed and engage in discussion, and some downright witty clowns who make us all laugh with their manipulations of photos and pics. I just don't think a negative tone is being sent out to recruits by this site. I really don't.

hogfan064

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 26, 2006, 01:03:37 pm

Great point. At one time I actually believed that Mitch might be affected by the negativity toward HDN on this board. I wasn't giving the kid enough credit. He has his own mind and he proved he can use it. Young people understand the purpose of message boards a lot better than the rest of us.

Go to any SEC message board right now and with the exception of UGA and USC fans I think ever fanbase has those fans that don't like their coach.

Macgyver Hawg

Quote from: hogfan064 on July 26, 2006, 01:07:22 pm
Go to any SEC message board right now and with the exception of UGA and USC fans I think ever fanbase has those fans that don't like their coach.

I post this link several times a year.
http://www.huskerjournal.com/forums.html

Seriously, Arkansas fans are not the only ones that use the internet.  :-\

nwarazfan

ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

nwarazfan

HoopS

Hog fans are passionate.  We don't all see eye to eye on everything.  Our common link is that we all want the Hogs to win.  Hogville is growing all the time and with that being the case, there will be some disagreements.

I don't care for the labeling, even though I don't recall ever being labeled here.  I don't like hijacking of threads that are attempting to have a positive tone, just to stir it up again.  If it pertains to the thread, then fine.  The baiting we were warned about still exists.  If you have already made the same point 10 times in the same thread, maybe you should just agree to disagree and move on. 

It may also serve you well to know who is your polar opposite and leave them alone.  As it stands, there isn't a poster on here I sign on just to argue with or smite.  Some of my favorite posters are ones that I have had arguements with before.  We all have a similar goal, just various ways of expressing oueselves.

williamsB

my original point was meant to be about why some posters can't leave a thread alone if they se a bunch of sports fans firing themselves up talking about the good things they see going on.

Some like to interupt and tell them how bad the coach has done, like these excited fans were not alive the last two years OR that they must enjoy losing.

It is just about the guys that hammer the Hogs every chance they get and feel like only they can see the 'truth'.

I guess once I know sombody's feelings, I get tired of hearing it over and over.

There, I said it, I think some of you are old nags.  :) :)

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: williamsB on July 26, 2006, 01:54:59 pm
my original point was meant to be about why some posters can't leave a thread alone if they se a bunch of sports fans firing themselves up talking about the good things they see going on.

Some like to interupt and tell them how bad the coach has done, like these excited fans were not alive the last two years OR that they must enjoy losing.

It is just about the guys that hammer the Hogs every chance they get and feel like only they can see the 'truth'.

I guess once I know sombody's feelings, I get tired of hearing it over and over.

There, I said it, I think some of you are old nags.  :) :)

8)  After looking at your post history, I'm wondering if you're being serious or sarcastic.  8)

williamsB

maybe the others were the sarcastic ones :)

3pigsinafountain

This has actually turned into a pretty good thread.  Kudos to those who believe in the internets potential as a platform for the 'moral majority'to be heard.  Prior to message boards such as this  disenfranchised fans were subject to the wims of the powerbrokers on the hill.  Which wasn't so bad as long as things were being run in a competent and responsive manner. 

It was pointed out during Nolans lawsuit the foundation had $200 millon in assets and $25 million in cash.  Along with advantages of superb facilities, storied history and great fan support.  With all these advantages Houston can't even deliver a winning record vs annual losers Kentucky and Vanderbilt.  Something that should be automatic.  Now Houston seems to be a fine fellow, is a proven great politician, cares about his players, runs a  clean program,  and usually is an excellent motivator, . . .  all desirable coaching skills.  Unfortunately he has poor organizational skills, an inability to change gracefully, and is an disaster waiting to happen as game day play caller.  With girl friends and bosses you have take the good with the bad and just hope for some balance, but when you are paying $1.5 + million a year you expect more and stoically endure less.

Orville wrote, "With Houston Nutt what you see is what you get",  the implication being you will not be getting more and hoping will not make it so.  Enablers who courteously post their support and excuses for Houston are also using the internet in a positive manner.  But at the end of the day remain stuck with . . . "what you see is what you get"

williamsB

but what poster does not know we have not done well and will do better, much better or else?

Give me their names!  ;D

hog caller

i'm pisitive and can be positive that i am positive and tired of the losses and i'm positive about that because i'm a positive person and i'm positive of that . but even when i try not to ne positive i'm posditive someone will have a positive opinoon that i am positive. GO HOGS any thing else is not positive.

Richard_white

Quote from: williamsB on July 26, 2006, 02:27:09 pm
but what poster does not know we have not done well and will do better, much better or else?

Give me their names!  ;D

What?

nwarazfan

Quote from: williamsB on July 26, 2006, 02:27:09 pm

Give me their names!  ;D

The 'or else' should have happened years ago.  'Wait till next year' should have stopped with HDN years ago.  Positive posts predicting things that don't happen have grown very old. But we are once again in 'next year' mode. 

Hollywood_HOGan

July 26, 2006, 02:33:01 pm #71 Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 02:36:07 pm by Hollywood_HOGan
Quote from: hogsanity on July 26, 2006, 10:46:57 am
Quote from: aristotle on July 26, 2006, 10:39:00 am
I think our recent history has a lot to do with that. We have been set up to be great many times and not come through under Houston's tenure. It's painful for dedicated fans to get their hopes up for a team or season, then have them smashed. But there is not one fan who won't be cheering the Hogs come game time.

That is what fans do.  Look at Redsox fans.  86 years without a title.  Or Cub fans.  Or Steeler fans, they won 4 then went over 2 decades without one.  How many NC's does Notre Dame have in the last 20 years?  Fans get crushed many more times than not.

When have we TRULY been set up for greatness under HDN?  N one saw 98 coming.  2003?  With a Wr at Qb and a defense that was a sieve?  Yes, we beat TX at Austin, and we came back from the dead to beat a BAD Bama team.  What no  one wanted to see out of the Bama game was how bad our D really was.  No way we should have even given up 21 to them, much less been behind by that many. 

The one thing somone else brought up yesterday is how often we are told here how bad a recruiter HDN is.  If that is so, how could we ever have been set up to win anything.

As for positive threads, I will leave that to your own judgment.  Suffice it to say, imo, some of the mods and other posters do not want anyone to disagree with them, and they hijack any thread that does so. 

Just keep RESPECTFULLY posting your thoughts.

We were destined for great things in 03. Our DL was okay and our speed at LB was okay but we had an all world secondary. That 03 DB group was loaded but they played out of position half the time and who;s fault was that? Coaches. Nutt didnt coach the defense but if it was up to Nutt we'd still be stuck with Wommack.

Nutt also screwed up 03 when he had that terrible game plan going into the two biggest home games in the last ten years.

WE were also supposed to be great in 99 but again we underacheived.

I go into every season with a renewed hope that maybe Nutt won't screw it up this time around. We have some big time speed and talent on this team and they do have the potential to win 8 this year and go onto bigger things in 07.

I am not one of those that will say that we are gonna suck just because Nutty is still here because we have talent that can overcome him. And whats the fun in going into the season thinking we're not gonna win a game?

I think with Nutt out as OC, this year may be different.

hogsanity

Quote from: opineonswine on July 26, 2006, 01:58:26 pm
Quote from: Richard_white on July 26, 2006, 11:07:04 am
Quote from: Superhog1975 on July 26, 2006, 11:02:38 am
I understand all of that but it would be great if every positive post didn't get derailed by negeativity and darksiders.  It is possible to be a positive without kissing nutt's ass.

Are you talking about like that thread about Hog fans wanting Butch Davis?  Dale suporters post negative things about Coach Davis and why that don't feel like he is a good coach.  Like your comment, I think Coach Davis is like coach Ford.  See it applies to all of us.  Just expressing your opinions is all.

Post your opinion, if you dont agree with me, fine, but dont call me an idiot or loser or moron or worse. 

I would qualify as a darksider, simply because I gave HDN plenty of time to perform and he spit the bit in the fall of 2003.  2004 and 2005 were horrible years too.  We expected those years to be pretty bad but losing to Vandy at home while not playing D.McFadden, losing to S.Carolina BOTH of the last 2 years, etc., really does perplex me as to why anyone would be happy.

But I believe your statement...."It is just that the darksiders, although it hate the labels on both sides, can not do so without insults, name calling, and personal attacks.  I know some of the "pumpers" do that too, but not at the level it comes from on the other side." is an exaggeration of the situation.  Having a different opinion about HDN and stating facts is not a "personal attack" so I must be a darksider exception to your statement.

And, by the way, no one wants to win more than me.  And I am optimistic that will happen this year so long as HDN relinquishes the controls as stated. 

I dont care if you are a darksider or a pumper or whatever.  It is HOW you express your thoughts.  Disagree with me all you want on HDN, but dont start throwing around names like idiot or moron or loser or stupid or whatever else.  I do not recall you doing this, and I have enjoyed debating things with you. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

darkhogfan

I never read of anyone who is a fan putting down the team.  They just post things that are true.  We did get beat by Vandy, we did get hammered by So Cal, and Houston Nutt did "call that play brotha".  If you are looking for someone to tell you everything is good and everyone loves each other and we have a great shot at any recruit we want then go listen to some afternoon radio show.  One of the reasons I like posting on this board is because people are honest.  Yes, sometimes people can be a bit overly critical but its just because they care.  We all love the Hogs and want them to do well.  By positive post I think you mean you want people to post things that only agree with your viewpoint, which would make negative threads comments that don't.  Just let people post what they feel and don't be so easily offended.  
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

HighOnHogs

nwarazfan

I'll believe it when I see it.  I've been told about how our team's strengths were going to lead us to big things for years under Nutt.

I'll believe Nutt will not meddle when I see it.  I'll believe our offense has changed when I see CD or more likely Mitch throwing DOWNFIELD passes to recievers.  I'll believe our defense is better when I see Houston or Vinnett shutdown or at least contain wr's like Steve Smith or Patrick Turner or Hazelton.  I'll believe things will be different when I see true DE's with SEC size and strength maintain their containment on the edges and actually get pressure on a qb instead of getting blown off by SEC tackles.  I'll believe our program can win when I see our LB's stuffing rb's in the hole instead of feeling the breeze as they blow by.  I'll believe things are changing when I see our coach confidently send in our PK to kick a 40 yd FG and the K splits the uprights.  I'll believe things are getting better when I see organization on the sidelines.  I'll believe we'll have a bright future when I start seeing we are getting recruits out of places like Texas and La who are also being seriously pursued by solid bcs programs and not CUSA and WAC programs. 

Until then, your positive posts make me ill.

darkhogfan

Quote from: nwarazfan on July 26, 2006, 02:46:00 pm

I'll believe things are changing when I see our coach confidently send in our PK to kick a 40 yd FG and the K splits the uprights.  

Florida State and Penn State don't even have that.
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

nwarazfan

Quote from: superhogfan on July 26, 2006, 02:53:25 pm
Quote from: nwarazfan on July 26, 2006, 02:46:00 pm

I'll believe things are changing when I see our coach confidently send in our PK to kick a 40 yd FG and the K splits the uprights.  

Florida State and Penn State don't even have that.

FSU scores TD instead of FGs vs everyone but the U.  They only need a FG kicker one game a year.

You're right though, too much to ask of our program.

williamsB

maybe  thinking of last year hurts too much so I rather think about next year. We are still undefeated at this point, so I like thinking of this coming season much better. If we lose, I will complain as loud as anyone. If we win, nobody will be more thrilled. But I want to think about going undefeated and don't need somebody telling me how wrong I am on a Hog board :)

LZH

I think the Hugger/Darksider stuff is great.  Some may tire of it (huggers, you know who you are...jab, jab), but it damn sure keeps me entertained.  All darksiders love to boast they are darksiders, but no one seems ready to admit to being a hugger.  Smite at will.

I've never singled anyone out on here and called them one or the other, I guess mostly because I'm a little bit of both.

By the way, HogsNBeer had an excellent point that most of us recognize but don't always think to say...it's not really HDN that's been the problem, it's his boss(es).

darkhogfan

Quote from: LEDZEPHOG on July 26, 2006, 03:05:02 pm
it's not really HDN that's been the problem, it's his boss(es).

Amen to that.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: williamsB on July 26, 2006, 10:35:16 am
What makes some people so sad and bitter in their lives that they can not stand to allow people to have fun talking about the upcoming team, season and recruiting class?

I know they feel superior and must correct the silly small minded people that enjoy feeling that we can be good because we have corrected many things that led us to fail in the past.

I was just wondering why they can not let a positive post alone, why they feel they have to put down somebody in every post. Do they feel they are smarter than everyone around them at work and family, like they do here?

Just thinking out loud.

If loving HDN is right, I want to be wrong.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

LZH

Quote from: HoginMemphis on July 26, 2006, 04:40:32 pm
Quote from: williamsB on July 26, 2006, 10:35:16 am
What makes some people so sad and bitter in their lives that they can not stand to allow people to have fun talking about the upcoming team, season and recruiting class?

I know they feel superior and must correct the silly small minded people that enjoy feeling that we can be good because we have corrected many things that led us to fail in the past.

I was just wondering why they can not let a positive post alone, why they feel they have to put down somebody in every post. Do they feel they are smarter than everyone around them at work and family, like they do here?

Just thinking out loud.

If loving HDN is right, I want to be wrong.

williamsB, if you could replace HDN with a top ten-type head coach right now, would you do it?

WilsonHog

I've followed Razorback football since 1974 or so, and in some respects I see some positive attributes of the 2006 team that rival anything I've seen in the last 30 years. Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, and Peyton Hillis are as talented collectively as any backfield in Razorback history. We have perhaps the most decorated freshman quarterback in school history. We have veteran offensive and defensive lines. I believe Malzahn, Herring, and Campbell are fine coaches. We have a very favorable schedule.

With all of that being said, I'm like the little kid who has been burned touching a hot stove a few times. The stove looks like it's off and everyone says it's safe to touch, but I'm too hesitant to touch it just yet.  I'll believe it's safe to touch when I pick up my paper one Monday morning in November and see that we're 7-2 or so and ranked in the top 20.

Pig Power

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 26, 2006, 04:59:23 pm
I've followed Razorback football since 1974 or so, and in some respects I see some positive attributes of the 2006 team that rival anything I've seen in the last 30 years. Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, and Peyton Hillis are as talented collectively as any backfield in Razorback history. We have perhaps the most decorated freshman quarterback in school history. We have veteran offensive and defensive lines. I believe Malzahn, Herring, and Campbell are fine coaches. We have a very favorable schedule.

With all of that being said, I'm like the little kid who has been burned touching a hot stove a few times. The stove looks like it's off and everyone says it's safe to touch, but I'm too hesitant to touch it just yet.  I'll believe it's safe to touch when I pick up my paper one Monday morning in November and see that we're 7-2 or so and ranked in the top 20.
As always Wilson...Dead on!

Pork Twain

Athog

Williams, you nailed it. It would take the attention off most of them and put it on the sport. The need to be sarcastic is way overboard and that is why many now have left this board.

HighOnHogs

Quote from: Athog on July 26, 2006, 05:45:09 pm
Williams, you nailed it. It would take the attention off most of them and put it on the sport. The need to be sarcastic is way overboard and that is why many now have left this board.

They'll be back if the sun comes back out.

WilsonHog

Which begs the question......

LZH

Aw hell, Athog.  If it weren't for sarcasm, whining, nitpicking, sabotage, cheap shots, and good ole fashioned ribbing, there wouldn't be much of a board.   ;)

mikeirwin

July 26, 2006, 06:05:01 pm #91 Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 06:07:41 pm by mikeirwin
Many have left ?
Where did they go ? To Mars ?
If people were leaving this board in measureable numbers some of the other boards would see a growth spike.
The only thing spiking is Hogville's numbers. We'll hit 10,000 members by the first game.

ClubChubby

God, this entire thread is nothing more than a disgusting, self pitying whine by those who are losing the current argument, to try and sway opinion their way.
You don't like the responses to your threads? Couldn't possibly be because in every one of these "positive" threads, you guys are all spouting nutt propaganda. The responses you are getting are exactly what you are asking for. You guys are just not happy that you are losing the argument. That's the real problem isn't it? You guys are not able to fulfill your agenda. Isn't that right?
Wear a cup.
Or better yet, call up frank and tell him your feelings are hurt, you can't take it anymore, and he should fire houston.
Can't do that though, can you? If butch was our new coach this year, the tables would be turned wouldn't they? All you guys would be bitching and whining and hijacking threads, raising unholy hell.
Just like you do now in every butch thread.
You people are not one whit better than the worst darksider.
And your sanctimonius BS is clear as a bell.
You're not fooling anyone. 

ClubChubby

Look, I know I'm an ass, but hear this.
You huggers love nutt. Why, I don't know, but the fact is you do.
I hate houston nutt as football coach of the arkansas razorbacks. And you ALL know damn well the reasons for that.
I don't have to agree with you, and you don't have to agree with me.
But the fact is that I can only go so long reading all the nutt propaganda before I have to respond. I'm certain you all feel the same.
Another fact is that I love positive posts. We have some talent, fine talent. I'm excited as anyone. I enjoy talking about it.
But when the nutt crap starts up, that's the end of the postive post for me. In my mind, there is no doubt, houston, as a coach, is king of the fools.
I'm not going to let that slide for long without making a comment.
I feel as if you huggers are antagonizing me. On purpose. Maybe you feel the same.
I am not, most likely ever, going to change my opinion about houston. Neither are you guys. Neither of our groups can shut up when antagonized.
Instead of using this thread as ammunition, how about you guys ask for a truce?
We could just avoid the topic.

Queen Hog

So like...uh...where is the positive thread??? :o
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

HoopS

nwarazfan

July 26, 2006, 08:27:19 pm #96 Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 08:32:27 pm by nwarazfan
-----

HoopS

nwarazfan

Quote from: hoophogs on July 26, 2006, 08:31:41 pm
Nwa, I was jokin.

edited - sorry- that 'bash the houston haters' post temporarily blinded me with its stupidity

LZH

I completely disagree Chubby..................you are not an ass.

We are pissed about not winning.  You too I'm sure.