Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is so wrong about a Positive thread?

Started by williamsB, July 26, 2006, 10:35:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoopS

Nwa, didn't see that thread yet.  Should I even bother?

DezNuttstehsuq

July 26, 2006, 08:37:58 pm #101 Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 08:41:51 pm by DezNuttstehsuq
Quote from: WilsonHog on July 26, 2006, 04:59:23 pm
I've followed Razorback football since 1974 or so, and in some respects I see some positive attributes of the 2006 team that rival anything I've seen in the last 30 years. Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, and Peyton Hillis are as talented collectively as any backfield in Razorback history. We have perhaps the most decorated freshman quarterback in school history. We have veteran offensive and defensive lines. I believe Malzahn, Herring, and Campbell are fine coaches. We have a very favorable schedule.

With all of that being said, I'm like the little kid who has been burned touching a hot stove a few times. The stove looks like it's off and everyone says it's safe to touch, but I'm too hesitant to touch it just yet.  I'll believe it's safe to touch when I pick up my paper one Monday morning in November and see that we're 7-2 or so and ranked in the top 20.

I would bet if you put that to a poll of some type you would see how many of us feel the same way.  The majority of us want the Hogs to succeed, beg for the Hogs to succeed, pray for the Hogs to succeed, mentally prepare ourselves for a great season of fun times and hard fought competition and then we get kicked in the Nutts by O for RRS, piss poor clock management, atrocious play calling, classless sideline and postgame gesticulations, etc....and now we are hesitant to keep the faith, a little more hesitant than the year before.

williamsB

well, I am finished with the thread. It seems that many of you can not let some of us enjoy the fact that we have not lost one game in 2006 because you hate the coach so bad that you will try to ruin any positive threads by saying we are Nutt butt kissers if we don't predict failure and moarn and groan each day :)

LZH

Quote from: williamsB on July 26, 2006, 09:23:29 pm
well, I am finished with the thread. It seems that many of you can not let some of us enjoy the fact that we have not lost one game in 2006 because you hate the coach so bad that you will try to ruin any positive threads by saying we are Nutt butt kissers if we don't predict failure and moarn and groan each day :)

No no no.  I'm just curious.  Would you replace HDN wiith a 'top ten' coach if you could?

Franks and Beans

Can we win more than we lose? Can we field a D1 Team? Can we have home field advantage? Will our coaches gameplan an opponent? We have good kids that wear the Razorback uniform every Saturday and go onto the field to compete, but are they REALLY taught the fundamentals to be successful? I want the Hogs to win! Bottom Line! No more bitching and complaining. I expect accountability! It has to start with the AD and down through the coaching staff! I am tired of the PR machine telling ME what to expect. I expect to WIN! We all spend countless dollars to enjoy Razorback sports, is it too much for them to respect the wishes of the common fan? Hell, even the Saints expect the playoffs! Have we stooped to the level of just wishing to make the playoffs every five years. From what I hear on the radio, we should be happy to be above .500. What a joke! I am sick of wishing! It is time to put up or SHUT up. Sorry for the RANT, but I am fed up.
Life Long Hog Fan

aristotle

This has been a great thread. Kudos WilliamB.

mikeirwin

July 26, 2006, 10:31:54 pm #106 Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 10:35:00 pm by mikeirwin
Quote from: Athog on July 26, 2006, 05:45:09 pm
Williams, you nailed it. It would take the attention off most of them and put it on the sport. The need to be sarcastic is way overboard and that is why many now have left this board.
You had me worried so I checked the latest numbers. A net total of three more members have been added while this thread has been going. I guess not too many were skeerdt off by it.
However what you suggested could be a script for an anti message board PSA.
Wife: What's wrong with you ?
Husband: I've  been reading a sarcastic overboard thread on Hogville.
Wife: You don't have to put up with that.
Husband: I know. I cancelled my expensive membership.
Wife: Many have left that board.

Pork Twain

July 26, 2006, 11:28:43 pm #107 Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 11:46:48 pm by Superhog1975
My bad, I meant to post a related link.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,65204.0.html
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

stronguard

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Pork Twain

Quote from: LedZepHog on July 26, 2006, 09:28:59 pm

No no no.  I'm just curious.  Would you replace HDN wiith a 'top ten' coach if you could?
I would if you let me pick what I considered the top ten.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

SwinedMelon

QuoteIf you aren't mad then I doubt you follow college football and are probably more of a casual fan.
wrong- not mad.... I got gus!
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

Pork Twain

Quote from: russellclaude on July 26, 2006, 11:58:36 pm
QuoteIf you aren't mad then I doubt you follow college football and are probably more of a casual fan.
wrong- not mad.... I got gus!

I think that might be the silliest thing I have seen on here in a while.  I have to bitch and complain about the same thing in every single post in order to be a fan???  I think not.  I am not happy with how things are but I pick my fights.

Try this on for size...

Lord, give me the serenity to accept what cannot be changed;
Give me the courage to change what should be changed;
Give me the wisdom to distinguish one from the other.

Richard_white

It wasn't intended for you to post a positive thread.  It was a bait and catch thread.  You managed to get the responses that you wanted.  I read your previous post and seems to me that you were saying a few hated words about Dale as well.  You said in this thread you were being sarcastic.  Next time after you post, maybe you need to to let us know you were being sarcastic. 

toshortrock

alot of these people have no life,so ,they rather start something here
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

casken

Quote from: Queen Hog on July 26, 2006, 08:20:55 pm
So like...uh...where is the positive thread??? :o

+1 for the DRY humor.  A nice break in the action WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

HoopS

Quote from: casken on July 27, 2006, 11:08:28 am
Quote from: Queen Hog on July 26, 2006, 08:20:55 pm
So like...uh...where is the positive thread??? :o

+1 for the DRY humor.  A nice break in the action WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

I thought so too.

Pork Twain

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 26, 2006, 10:31:54 pm
Quote from: Athog on July 26, 2006, 05:45:09 pm
Williams, you nailed it. It would take the attention off most of them and put it on the sport. The need to be sarcastic is way overboard and that is why many now have left this board.
You had me worried so I checked the latest numbers. A net total of three more members have been added while this thread has been going. I guess not too many were skeerdt off by it.
However what you suggested could be a script for an anti message board PSA.
Wife: What's wrong with you ?
Husband: I've  been reading a sarcastic overboard thread on Hogville.
Wife: You don't have to put up with that.
Husband: I know. I cancelled my expensive membership.
Wife: Many have left that board.
I think many people come here because we are not watched over by the mods like mother hens and there are tons of Hog-smart people on this board.  Don't always have to agree, but the debates bring out some great info.  Besides where are they going to go if they leave here???