Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urban Meyer and Kirby Smart should be fired, let in state kids get away

Started by hogsanity, December 20, 2017, 10:20:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Smart let the #2 overall ranked player in the nation get away, and Meyer let the #12 overall ranked player in the nation get way. I can't believe they could let that happen. :puke:
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hogsanity on December 20, 2017, 10:20:41 am
Smart let the #2 overall ranked player in the nation get away, and Meyer let the #12 overall ranked player in the nation get way. I can't believe they could let that happen. :puke:
Yes one should always compare Apples to car batteries, they both have acid.

Switchback

If he wins championships like they have no one will mind.  He didn't have the success on the field or recruiting at SMU for fans to reference.  It's reasonable to be skeptical.

RideTillIDieHawg

Yep, we'll be fine flipping kids from SMU, that always works in the SEC West.

Beached

Weak even for you.

Drop the Mike

It dulls the sting of missing out on that QB when you land the 2nd, 7th and 12th ranked players in the nation.

hogsanity

Quote from: Drop the Mike on December 20, 2017, 11:27:35 am
It dulls the sting of missing out on that QB when you land the 2nd, 7th and 12th ranked players in the nation.

Meanwhile our fans cry because we missed out on the 122nd rated player.

Quote from: Beached on December 20, 2017, 11:22:14 am
Weak even for you.

Surely you did nit miss the point, it happens to everyone, no one keeps all the in state kids.

Oh and a secondary point, look how many kids in the top 50 came from GA this year.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

#1 STUNNA

They replace their misses with 4/5* players
We replace ours with SMU commits or 3*...lol

MC_Hog

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on December 20, 2017, 11:19:44 am
Yep, we'll be fine flipping kids from SMU, that always works in the SEC West.

So does getting your players out of 2A/3A high schools in Arkansas. There's very few Arkansas 2A/3A football players that can play at the SEC level. I've watched 2A/3A football most of my live & I been a Razorback season ticket holder for 24 yrs & I know what it takes to play in the SEC. There is a difference between a D-1 player & a SEC player.

hogsanity

hawginbigd1

Quote from: MC_Hog on December 20, 2017, 11:40:27 am
So does getting your players out of 2A/3A high schools in Arkansas. There's very few Arkansas 2A/3A football players that can play at the SEC level. I've watched 2A/3A football most of my live & I been a Razorback season ticket holder for 24 yrs & I know what it takes to play in the SEC. There is a difference between a D-1 player & a SEC player.
News Flash, you can't play in the SEC if you are not from the right zip code! Thanks for sharing I never knew that to be a fact before now! /S

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MC_Hog on December 20, 2017, 11:40:27 am

Dishonest post.  Nobody is saying we should be getting our players out of 2A/3A.  Every once in a while, though, one of those schools might produce an SEC caliber player.  Therefore, maybe we should recruit and sign him.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hogsanity

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 20, 2017, 04:26:52 pm
Dishonest post.  Nobody is saying we should be getting our players out of 2A/3A.  Every once in a while, though, one of those schools might produce an SEC caliber player.  Therefore, maybe we should recruit and sign him.

GB wanted to play Qb and the only SEC school that offered him at that position was AR, does that not tell you something? Even Gus did not want him as a QB.

King Kong

This is not the same thing. Everyone in Arkansas grows up a Razorback fan. Not many other places like this. Also with the less than 10 players we have per year. We should be able to focus on them better than States that put out over 200 DI prospects per year

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hogsanity on December 20, 2017, 04:29:35 pm
GB wanted to play Qb and the only SEC school that offered him at that position was AR, does that not tell you something? Even Gus did not want him as a QB.

Blah, blah, blah.  I'm speaking generally.  We're all well versed in his QB offers.  He still apparently had big boy SEC offers to play football at some position.  Thus, he's apparently an SEC caliber football player.  Thus, we should recruit him. 

Does that tell you something?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

kennypig

There are so many great 4* & 5* players in both of these states, it isn't as big of a deal that it is for Arkansas. It's a little surprising that they go out of state at all.

redeye

It's actually a great point, but we always think Arkansas is different.