Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama

Started by BannerMountainMan, November 21, 2017, 08:39:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Somebody tell me why they are ranked 25th, shouldn't they atleast have to prove them self? They are losing by double digits to UTA rn
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

FineAsSwine

Game is not over yet. It's only halftime and Bama has cut the lead to 5. Plus, Hervey is 6-6 shooting and the UTA shot 62.5 percent from the field in the first half. Surely Bama cools them off a bit in the second half.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Wisco Pig

Letsroll1200

BannerMountainMan

But shouldn't they have to prove them self in the top 25? They have done nothing to show for it
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HossHog

The way I see it, it doesn't matter who is ranked in the top 25 3 games into the season. Once we start getting into SEC play is when we can question when teams are in the top 25.

Bogghawg

Losing by double digits to UTA; sounds familiar.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Biggus Piggus

Alabama won 77-76. Got ranked on recruiting hype.
[CENSORED]!

ShadowHawg

It's especially frustrating because they haven't won in years. Their current roster has no idea what it takes to win at a high level regardless of incoming talent.

I get it, but it is still bs. Same goes for Mizzou.

RyeHogFan

I wasn't crazy about their playing style. Very erratic, just lots of isolation

Sow’sEar

UT Arlington is an NCAA team according to this preview:  http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/15048

Sapperhog

Good for them. We beat a good UTA team last season.

jry04

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 21, 2017, 08:39:37 pm
Somebody tell me why they are ranked 25th, shouldn't they atleast have to prove them self? They are losing by double digits to UTA rn
Because they have like 3 or 4 future draft picks on their roster at the moment. One is injured, but they are still talented. Pre-season rankings are all about potential, and Alabama has plenty of it.

RealHog

They are literally playing 4 on 5 vs Minnesota right now since their entire bench was ejected for a fight and a starter fouled out. Wow.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net