Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

this game is proof

Started by Cambridge Hog, November 18, 2017, 02:31:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cambridge Hog

that we have the talent to win in the SEC, but lack the coaching.

not that you really needed proof that coaching was inept. just saying that our Joes kept with their Joes in spite of the staph.

98hogs

Lack of mental intelligence by the Wisconsin reject

ATLHog

last possession = how to play to lose

Sho Nuff

Not sure on the talent aspect.  MSU had mistake after mistake.  Brett's boneheaded coaching cost us the game, but State was clearly more talented.

hogsanity

really? Db's could not stay with the 5th-8th receivers from MSU. They were missing their top 4.  Also, 2 of the Hogs td's came on a great play by Agim and a miracle fumble recovery at the 1. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rzrbacknTX

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on November 18, 2017, 02:31:33 pm

not that you really needed proof that coaching was inept. just saying that our Joes kept with their Joes in spite of the staph.

Exactly.  Today was about showing that it wasn't the injuries or the excuses, it was about coaching and managing a game.  So long BB.

ManBeast

Enos seems to script the first few plays fairly well. However, having to coach on the fly, he just can't cut it. CPR might be worth something. The defense played well today. Probably the best they've played all year long.

Hoggiedawg

Talent?  We are a dumpster fire for the next coach.  We have SLOW talent coming back next year.  Get ready for another 4-8 season.  BB has degraded and ruined this program. 

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 18, 2017, 02:35:45 pm
really? Db's could not stay with the 5th-8th receivers from MSU. They were missing their top 4.  Also, 2 of the Hogs td's came on a great play by Agim and a miracle fumble recovery at the 1. 

Just stop

We know you couldn't get the net
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

EastexHawg

Mississippi State played an awful game.  They tried their best to give the game to us but we weren't good enough to take it.

pigroots

No just the opposite...We were gifted almost everything we got and still couldn't win. The players showed great fight but this was a game MS ST was begging to lose

IronHog

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on November 18, 2017, 02:40:38 pm
Talent?  We are a dumpster fire for the next coach.  We have SLOW talent coming back next year.  Get ready for another 4-8 season.  BB has degraded and ruined this program. 

Nah

Playing fast is 60% mental
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

jjfmetal11

Yes Sir!

SooieGeneris

Another in a "Long" line of Bert's greatest misses...

Opponents know that if the game is close in the 4th quarter, Bert will do something stupid like go for it on 4th and 2 at your own 45 yard line in a tie game..

And allow a terrible call of a play action pass that wasn't within 10 yards of the receiver.

Punt it and at least they will have to go 55-60 yards for a FG, not go just 40-45 for a TD.

I can hear the all-too-familiar refrains: "We're so close", "we're so banged up", "so many injuries"...

Meanwhile Moo U. was without their top 4 WRs due to injuries, USC was without 3 starters in the O Line due to injuries, everybody has injuries in football, especially at this point of the season!!!

MSU basically gave us all 3 TDs or this would have been a drubbing.

Avoid the Christmas rush, FIRE BERT NOW!!! I know that likely won't happen, but we can dream!
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Pig_Lebowski

You really have no idea what goes on inside the chalk.

Tortfeasor

We have undeveloped and uncoached talent, but do have some talent.

Atlhogfan1

The team we finished with especially on the offensive side was not very good when you add in players playing injured like AA.  Nice effort by the players. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

code red

Did you see our offense today?  I would have to disagree with your statement completely.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: code red on November 18, 2017, 03:33:34 pm
Did you see our offense today?  I would have to disagree with your statement completely.

I did and that is my point. Saw lots of bad play calling and poor technique. And those are on the coaches.

A good coach would have TJ in space 5 plus times a game. Or run quick slants to our WR. Etc

Airforcehawg

4th and 2 call proves we dont have the coaching to win the SEC

hogsmash12

I just want to see a list of the sunshine pumping usernames that were on this board so I know who not to take seriously when I'm reading

WMHawgfan

Whether it's coaching, talent or players just not making plays, there is no doubt we are a well oiled failure machine

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: hogsmash12 on November 18, 2017, 03:50:37 pm
I just want to see a list of the sunshine pumping usernames that were on this board so I know who not to take seriously when I'm reading

I know of a few but won't name them probably get banned if I do.

Most had to stop sunshine pumping after the Auburn game or risk looking like a complete tard.

Boardon Hamsay

Was this game like a 90 proof or more of a 150 proof?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hogsmash12

Quote from: RazorbacksFTW on November 18, 2017, 03:52:16 pm
I know of a few but won't name them probably get banned if I do.

Most had to stop sunshine pumping after the Auburn game or risk looking like a complete tard.

I get it.  I just thought it would be beneficial to have a filtering mechanism to get to to the meat of the story and/or comment and bypass the delusional.

BOAR_N2BWILD

We did not have a sustained drive the entire game. We had two touchdowns given to us in the end zone and on the one. The other scoring drive came from another turnover inside the 40. We are awful on offense. Awful on defense. Awful on special teams. We are awful. I don't think that we have SEC quality at all. With the exception of Vandy and maybe Florida we are the worst team in the SEC. (Ole Miss would beat us 2/3 times if played)
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

SPAL

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 18, 2017, 03:57:38 pm
We did not have a sustained drive the entire game. We had two touchdowns given to us in the end zone and on the one. The other scoring drive came from another turnover inside the 40. We are awful on offense. Awful on defense. Awful on special teams. We are awful. I don't think that we have SEC quality at all. With the exception of Vandy and maybe Florida we are the worst team in the SEC. (Ole Miss would beat us 2/3 times if played)

Probably an emotional post but we weren't awful on defense. Probably the best we've plsyed all year on D

ShadowTheHedgehog

In all fairness both teams had a bunch of key injuries. We were lucky, but we also forces some of the turnovers. Our CBs looked bad against their WRs, but MS pushed off repeatedly on every passing play. They also blatantly held on several QB runs (Including the TD) without being called. ST play was bad on both teams. For a moment I thought BJ's run on the punt was by design and I was really %&%^&* off. I think the kids played hard and it was closer than any of us thought it would be. So respect to all the players. Some of the key plays called were IMO boneheaded (again).

kiddhog

some saying we don't have the players and other are saying we have inept coaches... either way it's the fault of the head coach...  its way past time for him to go..

go hogues

It's not like MSU is known for being the standard-bearers of the prototypical SEC athlete.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on November 18, 2017, 02:42:46 pm

Nah

Playing fast is 60% mental

This is true and I'll say this for the coaches that for the last couple of years if hasn't mattered how simple or complex we've gone in our schemes, our guys play like they are having to think.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 18, 2017, 04:03:13 pm
Probably an emotional post but we weren't awful on defense. Probably the best we've plsyed all year on D
actually I was referring to the fact that we are ranked 90th in the nation in total defense.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

HogAlum99

Not sure if you misspelled staff with staph intentionally, but I think you may be onto something b/c this staff is an infection and is killing our program!!!