Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL MISSISSIPPI STATE GAME THREAD: POST ALL COMMENTS HERE

Started by gdumont, November 18, 2017, 08:48:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gdumont

The Hogs and Bulldogs kickoff at 11am on CBS.

What do you think the final score will be?

Hogs fall to Mississippi State, 28-21
http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/arkansas-cant-complete-upset-bid-fall-to-16-mississippi-state-28-21/859815355

threeNout

the players decide they want a Christmas vacation, coupled with MSU severely overlooking us, and we manage to win today?

a bowl trip with an interim, or lame duck coaching staff has to be pretty much like a vacation. ya'd think.

An upset, with a chance to play themselves into a potential resort location bowl game between Christmas and New Years on the line versus Missouri.

While unlikely, it would certainly throw a monkey wrench into a lot of plans and schedules, and the possibility has rarely even been discussed from what I've seen.

heck, I guess we should want it for the players sake, I wonder if they want it?

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

dfwalumdad

don't you think if the players were capable of doing that they would have done it by now?

i'm sorry but the mistake people are making is looking at this through the prism of the history of the razorbacks in the sec, where we've typically been competitive especially with the mississippi schools.

so on any given Saturday.

we are no longer that team, bert has truly given us something we've never had before!

Hogginintheville

Even if they were able to pull it off, we would be looking at the Birmingham bowl. Not exactly a resort.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: threeNout on November 18, 2017, 08:49:13 am
the players decide they want a Christmas vacation, coupled with MSU severely overlooking us, and we manage to win today?

a bowl trip with an interim, or lame duck coaching staff has to be pretty much like a vacation. ya'd think.

An upset, with a chance to play themselves into a potential resort location bowl game between Christmas and New Years on the line versus Missouri.

While unlikely, it would certainly throw a monkey wrench into a lot of plans and schedules, and the possibility has rarely even been discussed from what I've seen.

heck, I guess we should want it for the players sake, I wonder if they want it?
I think people think we are so bad that it wont play out.  However, offensively we have been doing some decent work the last few games so that gives me a glimmer of hope for an upset.  I would love to see the team fight for a bowl in the Mizzou game but even if they pull it off, I agree with you. I dont think they go bowling with CBB, likely an interim.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 18, 2017, 08:54:06 am
don't you think if the players were capable of doing that they would have done it by now?

i'm sorry but the mistake people are making is looking at this through the prism of the history of the razorbacks in the sec, where we've typically been competitive especially with the mississippi schools.

so on any given Saturday.

we are no longer that team, bert has truly given us something we've never had before!
You can stick The Bert crap up your butt. All who do it are classless losers. People come up short at their jobs all the time,  his just happens to have a big focus on it &  comes with a fan base. Grow up.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

threeNout

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 18, 2017, 08:54:06 am

pathetic examples, but we kind of already have, against OM and CC, finding ourselves with a chance to win at the end, the players seemed to respond with enough to get it done.

I sure don't expect MSU to collapse like those two and give us a similar chance.

I'm just saying you could probably miss curfew every night of bowl week and nobodies gonna care. :)

the players might respond, now with the total disconnect due to the AD firing, the players may regroup and decide to play for themselves.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Go Hogs!!!  Beat the Hell out of the Mississippi State Bullfrogs!!!

WOOOOOOO PIGS SOOIE!!!

BR

Missouri will wear our DB's out... They want to score 60 on us..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

TexArkHogFan

After today, AA will wish he never got well enough to play.  Against Alabama, MS looked big and fast, and I mean NFL big and fast.  If they play us like they did Bama, it ain't gonna be pretty.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Count Hogula

Quote from: BR on November 18, 2017, 09:06:26 am
Missouri will wear our DB's out... They want to score 60 on us..

It pains me to say this but Mizzou is better than we are.

Don't see how we can stop them.

BR

Quote from: Count Hogula on November 18, 2017, 09:17:54 am
It pains me to say this but Mizzou is better than we are.

Don't see how we can stop them.

we can't ... they will light us up..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Count Hogula

dfwalumdad

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 18, 2017, 09:01:47 am
You can stick The Bert crap up your butt. All who do it are classless losers. People come up short at their jobs all the time,  his just happens to have a big focus on it &  comes with a fan base. Grow up.

why do you care? he's been the worst coach in my lifetime and i'm 56. the only coach since joining the SEC to go win less in conference play. if ole miss hadn't been a dumpster fire he would have done that twice in 5 years. the fact is we've given him 5 years, florida gave their coach 2 and a half and he won their division twice.

i can promise you i've called him worse things than bert screaming at the TV.

why would you feel any loyalty to a guy that we're gonna end up paying some 30 million dollars two for 11 sec wins over 5 years.

Hogwild

Quote from: Hogginintheville on November 18, 2017, 08:55:25 am
Even if they were able to pull it off, we would be looking at the Birmingham bowl. Not exactly a resort.

If we were to make it to 6-6, we would get a better bowl than Birmingham, probably Texas Bowl or at worse Liberty. The SEC will not fill their bowl slots.

Florida, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and Vandy aren't making bowl games. To make it to 6-6 we would have to beat Missouri, which would give them atleast 6 losses on the season. That only leaves 8 schools ahead of us in the bowl pecking order.  One will go to the playoff, atleast one will go to the NY6 bowl (likely 2).

5 at the most six teams ahead of us and they will fill   Citrus/Outback/Gator/Music/Belk/Texas/Liberty

Now I don't believe we will make a bowl game but with 2 of the "Big Six" not making bowls along with two traditional bowl teams (Ole Miss/Arkansas) staying home we are going to see  some interesting SEC bowl matchups.  USCe/Kentucy/MS St might be going to a nice bowl games.

LZH

Interim coach, whatever it takes. I still want these seniors to have an opportunity to play in a bowl game. I don't care if it's in Shreveport or Stuttgart. You know they want to play as long as they can.

Count Hogula

Quote from: Hogwild on November 18, 2017, 10:04:09 am
If we were to make it to 6-6, we would get a better bowl than Birmingham, probably Texas Bowl or at worse Liberty. The SEC will not fill their bowl slots.

Florida, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and Vandy aren't making bowl games. To make it to 6-6 we would have to beat Missouri, which would give them atleast 6 losses on the season. That only leaves 8 schools ahead of us in the bowl pecking order.  One will go to the playoff, atleast one will go to the NY6 bowl (likely 2).

5 at the most six teams ahead of us and they will fill   Citrus/Outback/Gator/Music/Belk/Texas/Liberty

Now I don't believe we will make a bowl game but with 2 of the "Big Six" not making bowls along with two traditional bowl teams (Ole Miss/Arkansas) staying home we are going to see  some interesting SEC bowl matchups.  USCe/Kentucy/MS St might be going to a nice bowl games.

Are you saying we will beat Mississippi State?

dfwalumdad

Quote from: Hogwild on November 18, 2017, 10:04:09 am

you're absolutely right this was the year to make a bowl because it would at 7-5 or even 6-6 it have been a nice one...........unfortunately we won't make 6-6 and we won't even make 5-7 which this year would have put us in a bowl.

WalHog2018

Which game will have a worse attended crowd?

(1) Today vs. Miss State, in the rain, 45 degree temps;

or

(2) Missouri, day after thanksgiving, beautiful weather?

Wild Bill Hog

Mizzou attendance depends on MSU result.

jgphillips3

I would figure today would be worse than Mizzou but who knows.

The NewEra

Missouri, the day after Thanksgiving, kids aren't at the school, deer season and no energy left in the program. Women will be shopping on black Friday.

jgphillips3

I'm curious whether the imminent demise of CBB helps the crowd size or not.  Looking forward to hearing Reports on estimates.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 18, 2017, 09:01:47 am

Bert's job came with a $4 mil/year salary.

Hog N Bama

Ads during MO game will be for non stick skillets

Grunt

I said 59 to 14 but amended to 39-14 because of the weather. How does it look for crowd size and weather?
thanks
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

hoglady

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 18, 2017, 10:28:23 am
I’m curious whether the imminent demise of CBB helps the crowd size or not.  Looking forward to hearing Reports on estimates.

I bet this is worse than Coastal Carolina.
I think some fans have just lost interest.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Ohio Hog

Grunt

Quote from: hoglady on November 18, 2017, 10:39:32 am
I bet this is worse than Coastal Carolina.
I think some fans have just lost interest.
We have massively lost interest.

WalHog2018

Quote from: The NewEra on November 18, 2017, 10:27:34 am
Missouri, the day after Thanksgiving, kids aren't at the school, deer season and no energy left in the program. Women will be shopping on black Friday.
when you put it that way, can't say I disagree.

hoglady

Quote from: Grunt on November 18, 2017, 10:41:46 am
We have massively lost interest.

Yep - and with the Long firing, mentally lots of fans have moved past this season already - even though it hasn't been put out of it's misery yet.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Dirty

Grunt

BILLYBOB

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

HogPharmer

Hearing a BB interview on the radio right now (at work so it's difficult to hear) but I just heard him say someone (I think AA) has had his best week of practice all year. That means we can expect about 6 picks and 3 dropped snaps from him today then, right?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

hoglady

I tried listening to Bielema this morning on my way in to work - 103.7 The Buzz.
Switched over to music.

JackTNHogfan

Exactly

LZH

I stuck it out till the end,but that Cotton Bowl back in 2001 or whenever it was, was cold and miserable and we played just as poorly as the weather.

Grunt

Quote from: BILLYBOB on November 18, 2017, 10:51:48 am
We're going to get our ass kicked. That's my prediction
Yep. I'd like to make a bet against the point spread.

NuttinItUp

Pretty sparse so far today.

About 5 mins before kickoff:

Pig in the Pokey

not if we fire fatty this week. Folks will show up to party in that case.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

devildog

I'm just hoping I can watch more than a half before I find a more interesting game on the tube.

SPAL

Mizzou will have more fans than we will.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.