Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Peoples already have the AD job?

Started by harrisburghog, November 18, 2017, 06:53:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dfwalumdad

what do want the answer to be, this is the second time you've started this thread. why not cut to the chase and tell us what you want the answer to be?

it's probably unlikely given her lack of experience in that she's never been an AD and she would only be the 4th female AD in all of the power 5. she would also be just another version of jeff long only in a skirt. someone with zero ties to the university or the state for that matter. i can't imagine that would sit well with the people who just fired jeff long.

Hoggie17

"someone with zero ties to the university or the state for that matter. i can't imagine that would sit well with the people who just fired jeff long."  She is from Big 10 country, I want the next AD picked by someone that grew up loving the Hogs and still loves the Hogs.  Gender has nothing to do with it.

Steef

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 18, 2017, 08:13:36 am
what do want the answer to be, this is the second time you've started this thread. why not cut to the chase and tell us what you want the answer to be?

it's probably unlikely given her lack of experience in that she's never been an AD and she would only be the 4th female AD in all of the power 5. she would also be just another version of jeff long only in a skirt. someone with zero ties to the university or the state for that matter. i can't imagine that would sit well with the people who just fired jeff long.

You almost single handedly screwed up the first thread with your gender agenda. Tread carefully in this one.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Interims are rarely hired for the position.  It is just a transitional thingy.  Oregon would be an exception in football, but it is rare to see an interim in any sports related position get the job.

I'd say Julie would be 100/1 on the Vegas odds board.  I think Bowen would be 3/1 and Teague 5/1 as the top favorites.  I'd give guys like Scanlon and Dicus about a 20/1 shot at best. 

I just have to believe the board is going to go outside anyone that has had a presence in the inner circle, and I also think they are definitely going to hire a person with a bear minimum of 5 years of AD experience. 

BigBrandonAllenFan

Evidently, for what it's worth, the application process is over.  A search of the UofA employment website does not list the AD job as accepting applications.

dfwalumdad

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 18, 2017, 08:53:33 am
Evidently the application process is over.  A search of the UofA employment website does not list the AD job as accepting applications.

top admin jobs are exempt from posting requirements.

we aren't required to post jobs like AD, head coach, president, etc.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 18, 2017, 08:56:34 am
top admin jobs are exempt from posting requirements.

we aren't required to post jobs like AD, head coach, president, etc.

Ah.. Gotcha.

phadedhawg

I hope she's given strong consideration for the job. 

ricepig

harrisburghog

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 18, 2017, 08:13:36 am

We've all seen this BOT and University leadership mishandle the football program, from the hiring of Jeff Long as AD, over reacting to his handling of the
Petrino situation, treating Long as if were an AD God, letting him give B.B. a ridiculous contract,letting Long do whatever he chose which is the primary reason the program is where it's at today. If left to Steinmetz and Bobbitt history will repeat itself.

RedyorNot

The article reads like she's apparently in strong consideration, especially being in discussions regarding WMS games. I could care less about your gender, race, orientation or home town. You either do your job well or you don't, you can lead people or you can't, peers and subordinates respect you or they don't.

Everything I've read to this point states she has those attributes and creates visions that people buy into, so I'm fine with giving her a chance.

DLUXHOG

John L was an interim.    I would think that the Hogs learned a lesson, the hard way...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

The NewEra

I'm not a fan of anyone who gives a 12-15 minute press conference to say nothing and only be seen.  She was evasive in her answers last night, so I hope not. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Wouldn't surprise me if they did name her after a national search.

Would probably keep major football decisions with the BoT, which would mean the boosters placed on the "search committee".

Doubt it would happen, but that is an angle.
This is my non-signature signature.

Exactly like the football coach, the AD can be from anywhere if that person can keep their ego in control.  Know your weaknesses and get useful information from qualified people.  Jeff failed to do that, Houston Nutt failed to do that.  Many folks fail for that one reason.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 18, 2017, 08:28:54 am
"someone with zero ties to the university or the state for that matter. i can't imagine that would sit well with the people who just fired jeff long."  She is from Big 10 country, I want the next AD picked by someone that grew up loving the Hogs and still loves the Hogs.  Gender has nothing to do with it.

She graduated from Missouri State in Springfield. I believe her father's  family is from North Arkansas & Howell County, MO (West Plains area-north of Hardy)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

BOAR_N2BWILD

In her interview yesterday she sounded like she knew that she was "serving in this capacity as long as she was needed." She stated that several times.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

nervestrike

(notOM)Rebel123

31to6

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 18, 2017, 12:24:34 pm
In her interview yesterday she sounded like she knew that she was "serving in this capacity as long as she was needed." She stated that several times.
Her experience and resume do not, at this stage in her career, add up to AD at an SEC school.

This is an opportunity for her to get some exposure and expand her career options. If she aspires to be an AD some day (why wouldn't she), this experience could be extremly valuable.

Hopefully she recognizes the opportunity for what it is.

(notOM)Rebel123

She's pretty dang sharp. Now, she won't get the AD job this go round, but she has a good future ahead of her.

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

jgcat4

I don't care who it is as long as they have their shat together, hire great coaches, raise money well and support their coaches. Man, woman, alien, for all I care they can hire Santa Claus. Just get someone who isn't Jeff Long. Reading the recommendation, or lack thereof, from Pitt- I have no idea why we hired him! Blows my mind.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

King Kong