Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns Update Following Today's Visit

Started by Matt Turner, July 19, 2006, 07:53:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Turner

HoggusMaximus

sowmonella

If it ain't encouraging news, tell me now so I won't watch.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Matt Turner

Boarcephus

I caught part of an interview with him and I'd be surprised if he goes anywhere but due north of Ft. Smith Northside.  Said Auburn has some big time receivers coming in but so do the hogs.  Two things that caught my attention are 1) he respects the hell out of Gus and has wanted to play for him and 2) the UofA is his home school. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Tusks

Is there enough of Gus to go around so he could just recruit the whole team?  One thing for sure he can definitely recruit QB, WR & TE.  Dmac's going to recruit our next RB so if the Hogs could find a Gus type recruiter on the D side of the ball they might have a chance.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HoopS

What is ranked nationally among QBs?  I ask because if he ends up highly rated and we land him, the year after landing the #1 QB I think we will start seeing more and more national recruits taking notice.  And then....

bigred7987

Landonhog

The_Bionic_Pig

I'm here at work for another 2 hours or so so I will be exspecting updates/post  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HOGLUVIN

KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!!
KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!! KODI!!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hoophogs on July 19, 2006, 08:54:43 pm
What is ranked nationally among QBs?  I ask because if he ends up highly rated and we land him, the year after landing the #1 QB I think we will start seeing more and more national recruits taking notice.  And then....

Rivals Ranking - Kodi Burns

Scouts Ranking - Kodi Burns
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HOGLUVIN

Im on my laptop stewie , could i bother you for the cliff notes?

HoopS

Wps... I'm embarassed to say, but as usual, I can't view what you posted on the rankings.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hoophogs on July 19, 2006, 09:12:33 pm
Wps... I'm embarassed to say, but as usual, I can't view what you posted on the rankings.

No Problem buddy.... +1 just wanted to get you up to 300  ;)

#9 Duel Threat QB according to Rivals
#9 QB in the Nation according to Scouts
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HoopS

Thanks WPS +1 tomorrow, I promise. 

Hogluvin, what happened to my favorite avatar?

CiriusPorker

Quote from: hoophogs on July 19, 2006, 08:54:43 pm

Mitch was never ranked 1 officially.  He was categorized as unrankable which means the guy who got first place was only the best when Mitch was not considered at all.

HOGLUVIN

wife joined hogville. she no likey the seriously hot chick.

I got the dude that constantly agrees with everything.

Say lave'. lol.

HoopS

I bet she didn't likey.  That dude freaks me out a little bit.

Cirius, leave it up to Dale to recruit an unranked qb...:)

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hoophogs on July 19, 2006, 09:22:43 pm
Thanks WPS +1 tomorrow, I promise. 

Hogluvin, what happened to my favorite avatar?

No problem have the (Hoops Links)  links been working for you thus far?

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HoopS

Not always and I'm not sure why.  The very first one you did worked like a charm, but sometimes it doesn't.   I'm a difficult person it seems.  :(

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hoophogs on July 19, 2006, 09:32:35 pm
Not always and I'm not sure why.  The very first one you did worked like a charm, but sometimes it doesn't.   I'm a difficult person it seems.  :(

Well I will just type the url in its entirety (<- is that a word)  to make sure, if not it will be sent via instant message. No problemo my friend. ;D

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HoopS

I could see that word, but we will see how it works.  I appreciate you hooking me up like that.

three

Could you imagine having a 4-star QB and 5-star QB on the roster at the SAME TIME!!!  For three years you'll hear chants of "Mu-STAIN, Mu-STAIN!"  Then, it will be "Ko-DI, Ko-DI!"  Exciting stuff.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

Cresthog

Quote from: three on July 19, 2006, 09:42:27 pm
Could you imagine having a 4-star QB and 5-star QB on the roster at the SAME TIME!!!  For three years you'll hear chants of "Mu-STAIN, Mu-STAIN!"  Then, it will be "Ko-DI, Ko-DI!"  Exciting stuff.

I feel your excitment man but doesnt that kind of make you sad when know that you will be excited bc two years in a row you got pretty highly ranked QBs...when other top programs get them every year and its...well normal for them

The_Bionic_Pig

Actually this reminds most people of Fulmer when he built a high powered passing offense combined with the run around Payton Manning = Mitchell Mustain which attracted the five and four star recruits and Tee Martin = Kodi Burns redshirts and leads all that talent to a National Title.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HoopS

Three, pretty sweet huh?  Shouldn't be difficult to attract other good offensive players with those 2 qbs there.  I would think Gus will be able to "cherry pick" receivers in the near future if things go well for the Hogs this year. 

HOGLUVIN

Weve had 9* before ....

Pre matt back to quinn.

three

Quote from: hoophogs on July 19, 2006, 09:48:44 pm
Three, pretty sweet huh?  Shouldn't be difficult to attract other good offensive players with those 2 qbs there.  I would think Gus will be able to "cherry pick" receivers in the near future if things go well for the Hogs this year. 
It makes me think about what Gus said on signing day.  When asked how Mustain's recommitment effected the recruiting class, Gus explained to the media that Carlton Salters called him not long after Mitch recommitted and said "Coach Gus, I'm coming to Arkansas!"  (Salters is the WR from Tallahassee).  Highly touted kids want to play with other highly touted kids.  You start thinking about the future of the program, and a kid like Kodi gives RBs, TEs, WRs, OL and even defensive guys the confidence that this program will remain competitive even when Mitch leaves.  Suddenly, you've got a recruiting base, something we have not had since joining the SEC.

You ask if I'm excited fellow Hogvillians, you say it's "Sweet", You're darn right.  THIS, is how programs GET competitive, and STAY competitive.  You don't wait for great players (Matt Jones) to graduate, and then get stuck with third stringers (Robert Johnson), you just add the next great stud, who's been waiting in the wings, learning the system for two years.

If this does indeed come to fruition(Kodi committing), I feel like Gus is starting to win a battle I wasn't sure he'd win.  And even if it doesn't, it is a sign, IMHO, that things are beginning to change.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

three

Quote from: Cresthog on July 19, 2006, 09:47:23 pm

I feel your excitment man but doesnt that kind of make you sad when know that you will be excited bc two years in a row you got pretty highly ranked QBs...when other top programs get them every year and its...well normal for them

Little sad, but don't you feel like the day of reckoning may be upon us?  Think about it, we went from high on the hog to down in the dumps.  Maybe it's our turn to make the jump back to prominence.  What say you?

mikeirwin

I hope you guys aren't getting carried away for nothing. The word is Kodi is awfully high on Auburn. Gus may have turned him around today but I'd wait for a commitment to be sure.

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 19, 2006, 10:02:23 pm
I hope you guys aren't getting carried away for nothing. The word is Kodi is awfully high on Auburn. Gus may have turned him around today but I'd wait for a commitment to be sure.

Kodi, as we have heard from one of his former teachers, is intelligent. Why would he want to play for a school that will get not post season or TV appearances for 3-4 years?

Thats career suicide( save for Jay Cutler).

Cresthog

MATT TURNER

Tell us what you think? Since you did interview him. I just watched the interview, and i think he will be a hog...anyone else?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Cresthog on July 19, 2006, 10:28:37 pm
MATT TURNER

Tell us what you think? Since you did interview him. I just watched the interview, and i think he will be a hog...anyone else?

CrestHog fill me in I'm in another state....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

O'Squeal

He's a hog, he just hasn't realized it yet..............
Opinions are like a$$holes...everyone has one and they all stink.

CiriusPorker

just saw the t.v. spot...and my initial reaction...is he's a hog.  Thank you, Gus Malzahn.

Matt Turner

His parents seemed very happy today. That's always a good sign.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: CiriusPorker on July 19, 2006, 10:31:50 pm
just saw the t.v. spot...and my initial reaction...is he's a hog.  Thank you, Gus Malzahn.

OK someone, anyone give me a abbreviated version of the interview....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

WilsonHog

Just saw Kodi's interview on Mike's sportscast. Sometimes it's hard to gather much from a few sound bites, but the young man is impressive.

HoggerNocker

He said that he just feels more at home on the Hill.  His parents looked impressed.  I think he will be a hog.

Razorback_Z71

Man... after seeing the KNWA interview.. I think Kodi is a lock for the hogs..  Did you guys see the smiles on his dads face?

WilsonHog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 19, 2006, 10:32:49 pm
Quote from: CiriusPorker on July 19, 2006, 10:31:50 pm

OK someone, anyone give me a abbreviated version of the interview....

A potential investigation at Auburn doesn't concern him. Neither does the presence of Mitch at UA. Said he thought the coaches were fair and that the best player would play. If he came in and Mitch was the starter, Kodi said he would just have to work harder.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: RazorHawg on July 19, 2006, 10:33:23 pm
He said that he just feels more at home on the Hill.  His parents looked impressed.  I think he will be a hog.

+1 Thank ya Razor
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

CiriusPorker

Quote from: ScottFaldon on July 19, 2006, 10:33:47 pm
Few things...

Mustain was not "unrankable." He was ranked #1 by several services, but fell to #3 in some by signing day.

Comparing Kodi Burns to Tee Martin is an insult to Burns. He's more like Manning (Eli, not chicken-flapping Peyton) than Martin. Just because he's African-American, don't think he's not a dropback passer.

don't believe for a second i was serious when i said that Mitch was unrankable..i was speaking in Mitchship (Mitch worship)...but i WAS serious about the fact that Mitch was not ranked no. 1 (at seasons end)

CiriusPorker

Kodi basically said he's always wanted to play for Coach Malzahn..That's what I got out of it.  Thats my little "nugget" of truth.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ScottFaldon on July 19, 2006, 10:33:47 pm
Few things...

Mustain was not "unrankable." He was ranked #1 by several services, but fell to #3 in some by signing day.

You totally missed the unique brand of humor that is "Facts about Mitch Mustain".   There was a large thread that was removed and now there is a lesser one in the Tavern.

It's mostly just good clean fun and wacky humor between Hogvillians who truly are impressed with Mitch.

Your lack of zaniness could get you a tight spiral to the gut.  ;D
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

CiriusPorker

i just hope Kodi Burns doesn't have to decommit like Mustain did...that would send Nutt packing...

wait a minute...that wouldn't be all that bad would it?