Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is gonna be the guy.....

Started by MultipleScoreGasms, November 03, 2017, 11:58:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 03, 2017, 12:58:36 pm
If he's a really good coach why is he hanging out at Whole Foods instead of on a sideline?

Because LSU's fanbase is even stupider than Arkansas's.  Miles just interviewed at Minnesota.  He'll coach again at a P5 school and can afford to be selective.

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 03, 2017, 12:53:43 pm
We aren't knuckleheads just because we see the things that you evidently don't.

What do you see?  The same thing the lemmings here see I suspect.

Do the lemmings see the same thing in Mark Richt?  He's supposed to be a great coach, right?  Richt and Miles both won 69% of their SEC games.  Miles won 77% overall at LSU to Richt's 73%.  Miles won one BCS championship game and lost another.  Richt never went to one.  Richt is 7-0 at Miami in his second year.

If you think Miles underachieved at LSU, you don't know LSU's history.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Calling All Hogs

Long would strain his own arm patting himself on the back if he got away with hiring Miles. Here is a good rule of thumb when hiring a coach, Jeff. If a coach was not only fired but let go in the middle of the season at his last job, he is not a good hire.

Ā 

RME

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 03, 2017, 01:07:25 pm
That's not what I asked.

Regardless...by this logic Bielema is a badass coach as well due to his Wisconsin resume. He should easily be scooped up by another power 5 team if he moves on from here right?

Nope, not really. While Bielema's Wisconsin resume is strong, he did nothing there compared to Miles at LSU in a much harder conference. No national championships, much less appearances. 2-5 in bowls at Wisconsin.

Bielema flopped here. Should Les go somewhere else and flop, then I'd reassess my opinion on him being a really good coach. But given what we have to go off of, Les was a really good coach.

RME

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 03, 2017, 01:20:45 pm
Because LSU's fanbase is even stupider than Arkansas's.  Miles just interviewed at Minnesota.  He'll coach again at a P5 school and can afford to be selective.

Do the lemmings see the same thing in Mark Richt?  He's supposed to be a great coach, right?  Richt and Miles both won 69% of their SEC games.  Miles won 77% overall at LSU to Richt's 73%.  Miles won one BCS championship game and lost another.  Richt never went to one.  Richt is 7-0 at Miami in his second year.

Good post.

jkstock04

Quote from: HF#1 on November 03, 2017, 01:11:32 pm
Well said. These people are crazy.  Same folks that would say no to Malzahn.
Crazy is assuming what Les Miles accomplished at LSU is what he could accomplish at Arkansas....which is exactly what our fanbase would do. Same with the Bielema hire. LSU under Miles....a 1950s offense combined with a top 3 defense to win games. Zero chance that's going to happen at Arkansas. Our starting defense most years is lucky to even have a handful of legit SEC players.

But like i said; it would be the same homer spin as the Bielema hire. The Rose bowl appearances and winning big 10 championships lol..."he's gonna do the same thing at Arkansas guys! The right way! Building everything from the ground up." This would be Groundhog Day all over again.

We could probably have Les Miles for about 5 million/year. I'm sure a lot of people would love that scenario...but count me in the group that wants a young guy with something still to prove.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jdlew

I don't think Miles is a good coach...but if he could that the recruiting to another level...and hire some assistants and let them coach....I always hated Kiffin...but maybe  he could...I've been doing this for 60 years...and I'm still waiting on that coach that can thake the recruiting to where it's never been...No sure it's going to ever happen....

Stewhog 11

Quote from: HF#1 on November 03, 2017, 12:16:08 pm
Only in Arkansas would people think someone with his record would be a bad hire. Not saying it would work but he would recruit better than Bret has ever thought about recruiting.

His record is worse than Bielema's was when we hired him.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 03, 2017, 12:14:38 pm
That would turn out to be as bad as the BB experiment!  Hopefully we NEVER see it!

IDK... I bet TurfHog would come back out of retirement. He was so sad when Petrino pushed to have that "High School" field turf installed...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

razortrack

Don't worry. He said that he's seeking a damn strong football team.

The_Iceman

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 03, 2017, 12:19:24 pm
I could see Jeffy jumping all over that hire but only after Grobe, Bowden and Wannstedt turned him down.

Jim Grobe, at the time, was actually a very hot coaching name. What he did at Wake Forest was incredible. He led them to a BCS bowl game. He has 20 wins the previous two seasons at Wake during the coaching search.

HF#1

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 03, 2017, 01:24:50 pm
Crazy is assuming what Les Miles accomplished at LSU is what he could accomplish at Arkansas....which is exactly what our fanbase would do. Same with the Bielema hire. LSU under Miles....a 1950s offense combined with a top 3 defense to win games. Zero chance that's going to happen at Arkansas. Our starting defense most years is lucky to even have a handful of legit SEC players.

But like i said; it would be the same homer spin as the Bielema hire. The Rose bowl appearances and winning big 10 championships lol..."he's gonna do the same thing at Arkansas guys! The right way! Building everything from the ground up." This would be Groundhog Day all over again.

We could probably have Les Miles for about 5 million/year. I'm sure a lot of people would love that scenario...but count me in the group that wants a young guy with something still to prove.

Where did I say he would accomplish at Arkansas what he did at LSU? I do think he would put us in the top 25 consistently and have us in the conversation every now and then.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

Quote from: GuvHog on November 03, 2017, 01:18:10 pm
There are good off of the field reasons why many say no to Malzahn. He burned too many bridges back in 2006.

What bridges did he burn?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

Y'all are like my 8 year old step son. Turn your nose up at damn good food just because you don't like the way it looks.

Ā 

GuvHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 03, 2017, 01:24:50 pm

No, I don't think he would accomplish what he did at LSU. I do think he would have the Hogs winning at least 8 regular season games a year and occasionally get to 10 or more wins along with challenging for the SEC West title once in a blue moon. I'd be okay with that.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 03, 2017, 01:20:45 pm

I know plenty about LSU's history. I also know Les inherited a program built by Saban, all he had to do was not screw it up. And to be honest he didn't. But he had a program located in some of the most fertile recruiting territory in the SEC so recruiting was almost automatic. He won a lot of games but lost quite a few that he should have won. His main problem was  that while most of  the time he had a stout defense his offense was antiquated and he was too stubborn to ever change it. Now if you think he can recruit to Arkansas the way he did at LSU and that he'd field an offense that can compete in today's SEC then have at it and hire the man. Disagree with me if you want and I have no problem with that. Call me a knucklehead or lemming because I disagree with you is out of line. You don't know me.

GuvHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 03, 2017, 01:33:39 pm
What bridges did he burn?

Ask Mike Irwin, he knows the whole story. Nutt was bad but Malzahn had blood on his hands too.

ipigsooie

I happen to think he is a good coach. His record speaks for itself.  But is this one of those Danny Ford situations? Les is 64 years old. Does he have the fire and if so, does he have the stamina to carry it on?  Or is this a paycheck to get him closer to retirement?

HotlantaHog

Other than not knowing how to pronounce Arkansas, I like Les Miles. Not my first choice. But I would be fine with him.

Yeah, he has a lower winning percentage than Bielema did -- he was coaching in the SEC West versus the Big 10 when the Big 10 sucked.

jgphillips3

Les is a terrible fit here.  His mismanagement of his offense is even more astounding than Bielema's because he could literally hand pick elite talent.  If anyone thinks he can match his LSU record here with lesser recruiting and the same anemic offense, they are dreaming.  He's not a bad coach, but he is not the right kind of coach for Arkansas.  He needs to go to a school in the B1G or somewhere.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 03, 2017, 01:42:03 pm
Les is a terrible fit here.  His mismanagement of his offense is even more astounding than Bielema's because he could literally hand pick elite talent.  If anyone thinks he can match his LSU record here with lesser recruiting and the same anemic offense, they are dreaming.  He's not a bad coach, but he is not the right kind of coach for Arkansas.  He needs to go to a school in the B1G or somewhere.
My brother! lol

jkstock04

Quote from: HF#1 on November 03, 2017, 01:32:32 pm
Where did I say he would accomplish at Arkansas what he did at LSU? I do think he would put us in the top 25 consistently and have us in the conversation every now and then.
With the system he runs I don't see much evidence to support this. Les Miles is Houston Nutt with 5* recruits. Doesn't know diddly about coaching offense and completely depends on high end defense to win games. That's not happening here.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

GuvHog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 03, 2017, 01:37:15 pm
I know plenty about LSU's history. I also know Les inherited a program built by Saban, all he had to do was not screw it up. And to be honest he didn't. But he had a program located in some of the most fertile recruiting territory in the SEC so recruiting was almost automatic. He won a lot of games but lost quite a few that he should have won. His main problem was  that while most of  the time he had a stout defense his offense was antiquated and he was too stubborn to ever change it. Now if you think he can recruit to Arkansas the way he did at LSU and that he'd field an offense that can compete in today's SEC then have at it and hire the man. Disagree with me if you want and I have no problem with that. Call me a knucklehead or lemming because I disagree with you is out of line. You don't know me.

Les would give Orgeron fits in recruiting in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas. He's a known commodity in those areas and he'd be flashing a National Championship ring. That gets the recruits attention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

What if Les has seen the light and brings his offensive thinking into the 21st Century?  What if he keeps Dan Enos as OC QB coach and tells him to have at it?  Hires Kugler to be OL coach (Texas recruiting responsibilities).  Les focuses on cruitin and selling the program?  What if they bring in a Chief level DC or get better talent for Paul Rhoads?

If Les went to Jeff Long and this was his plan I could see him succeeding.  So I'm not going to straight up bash Les.  Was he Nick Saban level?  No, but to appreciate the job Les did look at the cavalcade of bums that LSU ran through before Saban.  Les was not unpopular at LSU just topped out and fan fatigue, very much like Mark Richt at GA. 

To get a better appreciation of Les as an HC look at his time at OSU.  Although not spectacular he finished 7 games over .500 in 4 years, and .500 conf record.  On the surface, kind of meh, but when you consider that the coach he replaced only had 1 winning season in 6 years and was 15 games under .500 in conference it looks a lot better.

I think we would get a short term shot in the arm but with Les being 63 would most likely be looking again in 5 years or so.     
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

GuvHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 03, 2017, 01:43:19 pm
With the system he runs I don't see much evidence to support this. Les Miles is Houston Nutt with 5* recruits. Doesn't know diddly about coaching offense and completely depends on high end defense to win games. That's not happening here.

He'd definitely have to hire an OC that runs a form of the spread and let him run it.

Ā 

jkstock04

Quote from: GuvHog on November 03, 2017, 01:45:09 pm
He'd definitely have to hire an OC that runs a form of the spread and let him run it.
As we have seen with Bielema the past couple of years this is a disaster idea in the making...at least at Arkansas. You can't mix philosophies like this, or you end up with a team without an identity just like the Hogs now.

Bielema came here with the idea of a smashmouth team...similar to Les Miles at LSU. That didn't really work, and we have now morphed into a passing team. Problem is we can't do that very well either now. It's turned into a mess.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 03, 2017, 12:29:00 pm
He would be a bad hire at Arkansas.  If he was bad enough to get fired at LSU sitting on all of that talent and that close to Texas where he was pulling in classes he could never dream of here he could not be successful here.  Your record at LSU doesn't mean squat at Arkansas.

Also if we look to hire a new coach that is going to try to recruit his way out of the basement of the SEC then we are already doomed. Our recruiting can improve here.  It can climb into the teens on a consistent basis but not until we have won consistently for several years.  There is not a coach working today on any level that could come in here, play by the rules and get us into the top 10 in recruiting in his first two to three years.  History says we are going to recruit somewhere in the low 20's. History also says we can have success with those recruits, but I don't think Les Miles is at the stage of his career to fight this uphill battle.  And since he was fired while sitting on a team deep with top 10 talent I don't see how he could do better here.  We are going to have to hire someone who can win on a fairly consistent basis with top 20 recruiting classes playing against top 10 recruiting classes, and that doesn't sound like Les Miles to me. 

HF#1

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 03, 2017, 01:50:44 pm
As we have seen with Bielema the past couple of years this is a disaster idea in the making...at least at Arkansas. You can't mix philosophies like this, or you end up with a team without an identity just like the Hogs now.

Bielema came here with the idea of a smashmouth team...similar to Les Miles at LSU. That didn't really work, and we have now morphed into a passing team. Problem is we can't do that very well either now. It's turned into a mess.

Our most smashmouth team under Bielema played Bama within a single point. So it could have worked had he recruited a little better.

huntindoc

ipigsooie

Quote from: HF#1 on November 03, 2017, 01:52:00 pm
Our most smashmouth team under Bielema played Bama within a single point. So it could have worked had he recruited a little better.

That was my favorite team of the Bielema era, but they did finish that season at 7-6. It was a fun year though. Loved how we finished that season!

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: GuvHog on November 03, 2017, 01:43:19 pm
Les would give Orgeron fits in recruiting in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas. He's a known commodity in those areas and he'd be flashing a National Championship ring. That gets the recruits attention.
There is no guarantee of that.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 03, 2017, 01:44:36 pm
What if Les has seen the light and brings his offensive thinking into the 21st Century?  What if he keeps Dan Enos as OC QB coach and tells him to have at it?  Hires Kugler to be OL coach (Texas recruiting responsibilities).  Les focuses on cruitin and selling the program?  What if they bring in a Chief level DC or get better talent for Paul Rhoads?

If Les went to Jeff Long and this was his plan I could see him succeeding.  So I'm not going to straight up bash Les.  Was he Nick Saban level?  No, but to appreciate the job Les did look at the cavalcade of bums that LSU ran through before Saban.  Les was not unpopular at LSU just topped out and fan fatigue, very much like Mark Richt at GA. 

To get a better appreciation of Les as an HC look at his time at OSU.  Although not spectacular he finished 7 games over .500 in 4 years, and .500 conf record.  On the surface, kind of meh, but when you consider that the coach he replaced only had 1 winning season in 6 years and was 15 games under .500 in conference it looks a lot better.

I think we would get a short term shot in the arm but with Les being 63 would most likely be looking again in 5 years or so.     
Good post.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 03, 2017, 01:51:30 pm
Also if we look to hire a new coach that is going to try to recruit his way out of the basement of the SEC then we are already doomed. Our recruiting can improve here.  It can climb into the teens on a consistent basis but not until we have won consistently for several years.  There is not a coach working today on any level that could come in here, play by the rules and get us into the top 10 in recruiting in his first two to three years.  History says we are going to recruit somewhere in the low 20's. History also says we can have success with those recruits, but I don't think Les Miles is at the stage of his career to fight this uphill battle.  And since he was fired while sitting on a team deep with top 10 talent I don't see how he could do better here.  We are going to have to hire someone who can win on a fairly consistent basis with top 20 recruiting classes playing against top 10 recruiting classes, and that doesn't sound like Les Miles to me. 
Even better post .imo

GuvHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 03, 2017, 01:50:44 pm

That's because Allen hasn't been as good as they thought he would be and Kelley hasn't really come into his own yet.

jgphillips3

LSU recruiting rankings (247)

2013 #6
2014 #2
2015 #5
2016 #3

Final record/poll ranking:

2013 10-3/#14
2014 8-5/#NR
2015 9-3/#16
2016 8-4/#13

This is textbook doing "les" with more.  Again, he is not horrible, but if that's the best he could do with top 5 to top 10 average talent, what on Earth makes you think he can get even close to that with top 20-top 30 talent?  He was past his prime and we need a guy on the rise who does more with lower ranked talent.

draftkings33

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 03, 2017, 01:57:22 pm

2013 #6
2014 #2
2015 #5
2016 #3

2013 10-3/#14
2014 8-5/#NR
2015 9-3/#16
2016 8-4/#13

This is textbook doing "les" with more.  Again, he is not horrible, but if that's the best he could do with top 5 to top 10 average talent, what on Earth makes you think he can get even close to that with top 20-top 30 talent?  He was past his prime and we need a guy on the rise who does more with lower ranked talent.
Best post I've seen today

HF#1

2013 #6
2014 #2
2015 #5
2016 #3

2013 10-3/#14
2014 8-5/#NR
2015 9-3/#16
2016 8-4/#13

Most of the guys that do more with lower ranked talent are at lower ranked schools in lower ranked conferences. There are plenty of proven coaches to chose from this year.

HF#1

All the bickering about Les Miles resume aside, he and Long are buddies and if you remember, Long consulted him before Bielema was hired. It wouldn't be a stretch for Long to try to lure Les to Fayetteville.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: HF#1 on November 03, 2017, 02:01:01 pm
All the bickering about Les Miles resume aside, he and Long are buddies and if you remember, Long consulted him before Bielema was hired. It wouldn't be a stretch for Long to try to lure Les to Fayetteville.
Exactly what worries me.

jkstock04

2013 #6
2014 #2
2015 #5
2016 #3

2013 10-3/#14
2014 8-5/#NR
2015 9-3/#16
2016 8-4/#13

These guys think he would replicate the same exact thing here except the recruiting rankings.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Dwight_K_Shrute

Seriously would fans ever forgive him for saying R-Kansas?  That alone would most likely keep some of the PTB from signing off on it.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jkstock04

Quote from: HF#1 on November 03, 2017, 02:01:01 pm
How far fetched would it be that Jeff Long has been in secret contact with Les Miles for the past 2 or 3 months? Not like Les Miles wouldn't have the time to chat right now. Uhhgggh the more you think about it...it's not far fetched at all.

Nightmare scenario for me...happy dream scenario for you!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HF#1

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 03, 2017, 02:10:21 pm
How far fetched would it be that Jeff Long has been in secret contact with Les Miles for the past 2 or 3 months? Not like Les Miles wouldn't have the time to chat right now. Uhhgggh the more you think about it...it's not far fetched at all.

Nightmare scenario for me...happy dream scenario for you!

He's not my first choice. I just don't think it would be as bad a hire as you and others make it out to be.

GuvHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 03, 2017, 02:06:00 pm
These guys think he would replicate the same exact thing here except the recruiting rankings.

No, I don't think he would do quite as well here at Arkansas and I stated that earlier. If the next coach wins at least 8 regular season games a year and occasionally gets to 10 or more wins while challenging for an SEC title once in a Blue Moon, that would be okay with me.

WilsonHog

I'm not saying Miles or Malzahn would be successful here (in fact, I believe that whoever our next football coach is, within five years we will either fire him or he will move on to a better job).

However, if you are going to attempt the argument that either one is not a good football coach, prepared to be called out on your ignorance.

(All fan bases are full of stupid, ours included. That's why if I was a successful coach who could have my pick of jobs, I would let my agent know that if Jeff Long called my number was $7 million a year with a $20 million buyout. I don't begrudge coaches a dime of what they make. More power to them.)

HF#1

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 03, 2017, 02:13:10 pm
I'm not saying Miles or Malzahn would be successful here (in fact, I believe that whoever our next football coach is, within five years we will either fire him or he will move on to a better job).

However, if you are going to attempt the argument that either one is not a good football coach, prepared to be called out on your ignorance.

(All fan bases are full of stupid, ours included. That's why if I was a successful coach who could have my pick of jobs, I would let my agent know that if Jeff Long called my number was $7 million a year with a $20 million buyout. I don't begrudge coaches a dime of what they make. More power to them.)

Capitalism is a beautiful thing.

Been10Hog

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 03, 2017, 12:29:00 pm
He would be a bad hire at Arkansas.  If he was bad enough to get fired at LSU sitting on all of that talent and that close to Texas where he was pulling in classes he could never dream of here he could not be successful here.  Your record at LSU doesn't mean squat at Arkansas.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 03, 2017, 01:31:52 pm
Jim Grobe, at the time, was actually a very hot coaching name. What he did at Wake Forest was incredible. He led them to a BCS bowl game. He has 20 wins the previous two seasons at Wake during the coaching search.

Grobe was the Matt Campbell of that year in college football. Doing things that had never been done at a school that never had been much in football.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bphi11ips

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 03, 2017, 01:37:15 pm

Jeez.  I didn't call you a knucklehead.  I called the many, many Hogville posters over the years who have ridiculed Miles knuckleheads.  And I have done it in the past when those same knuckleheads predicted Arkansas would beat LSU simply because Miles is a bad coach.  For years now every fan with a phone jumps on the bandwagon when the talking heads see a piece of questionable clock management or someone chewing a piece of grass. 

If you think Saban built LSU then you are a knucklehead.  Saban coached 5 years and won 77%.  Miles coached 11 1/2 years and won 77%.  Saban took LSU to one BCS championship game and won.  Miles went to two, won one and lost one.  Did Saban take LSU to a different level?  Yes.  Did he leave Miles a great gig?  No doubt about it.  Does Saban get all of the credit for Miles' success at LSU?  That's ridiculous. 

Someone above claims Miles "underachieved" at LSU.  LSU has won 65% of its games since it started playing football in 1893.  Miles and Saban both won there at historically high levels.  When Saban took over in 2000, LSU and Arkansas had won exactly the same number of national titles - 1.  Did the recruiting base suddenly change in 2000?  No.  LSU had great football coaches for 16 1/2 years, though.   

I haven't seen anyone say Les Miles would do at Arkansas what he did at LSU.  Why would they?  LSU and Arkansas have played each other 62 times.  Twenty-five of those were in the SEC.  LSU has won 61% of its games against Arkansas overall and 60% of its SEC games against the Hogs.  LSU has won 65% all-time.  Arkansas has won 59% all-time. LSU has proven itself over time to be the better football program.  That is no doubt due to its superior recruiting base.  But Arkansas has still won 40% of the games between the two programs.

Think about this - Miles winning percentage in 11 years at LSU was 18.5% above LSU's all-time winning percentage.  If he increased Arkansas's by the same amount, he would have a 70% winning percentage at Arkansas.  That is almost Frank Broyles' number of 71%.  Would he do that?  Who knows, but that's the way to compare apples to apples. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

The Hawg Marshal

I never said Miles is a bad coach. I just said I don't believe he'd be an upgrade over what we have now. And I stand by that opinion.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: GuvHog on November 03, 2017, 01:43:19 pm

He could flash around ten national championship rings, but in my opinion it would do very little to improve recruiting in Arkansas.  I think it is wishful thinking to say that the last fifteen years of recruiting have been due to the fact that the people recruiting here were just bad recruiters, and that someone else could do so much better. If Petrino for example was lighting the world on fire in recruiting, pulling in top 10 classes and then Bielema comes here and cant get out of the 20's then you can say, "Well, it's the staff they can't recruit" But When you look at the data across Nutt, Petrino and now Bielema, the three coaches we have had since good recruiting records have been kept.  The recruiting remains pretty much the same. Bielema is running just a bit ahead of our average, and people are screaming that he can't get the talent, or that he just doesn't have SEC caliber players. Now either all three of those staffs couldn't recruit, or the problem isn't the staff it's the school.  There are a lot of factors that play into that, but historically it is what it is.  So to think that Les Miles could come here and out-recruit Orgeron, Saban, Malzahn, Sumlin, et al. it isn't impossible, but history says it's pretty unlikely.  I could be wrong but Miles doesn't strike me as the type who wants to take on this kind of challenge this late in his career.