Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Money Boosters Need to Meet with Jeff Long Tomorrow...

Started by moses_007, September 23, 2017, 06:49:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woodhog14

Quote from: moses_007 on September 23, 2017, 07:22:16 pm
Les Miles was fired at mid season.  Nuff said.
A coach who avg 10 wins a season. Would you want to fire a HC at Arkansas who won 10 games a year?

The Saban effect has clouded fan bases and AD's.

hhousewps

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 23, 2017, 08:00:06 pm
I'm done getting down over the football program.  I'm done arguing with other fans about the football program.  If they win, fine.  If they lose, fine.  Good luck to the players and coaches.

If I were Jeff Long, especially right now with a stadium expansion in the works, this would be the thing that keeps me up at night. The cost of apathy. Can the program afford to have this type of attitude brewing in the fanbase?

moses_007

Quote from: hhousewps on September 23, 2017, 11:52:30 pm
If I were Jeff Long, especially right now with a stadium expansion in the works, this would be the thing that keeps me up at night. The cost of apathy. Can the program afford to have this type of attitude brewing in the fanbase?

No the program can't afford it.  Donations will dwindle, and so will ticket sales.  Remember, Stan Heath was fired because his style of play wasn't appreciated by our fans and he couldn't sell enough tickets to our basketball games in BWA.

You will see the same thing in football when fans get enough of Bielema's style of football.

woodhog14

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 23, 2017, 08:00:06 pm
I'm done getting down over the football program.  I'm done arguing with other fans about the football program.  If they win, fine.  If they lose, fine.  Good luck to the players and coaches.
I'm with you. The "Saban Effect" has taken in by all teams in the SECW for sure.

WPS!

BigBrandonAllenFan

At least Long gave us Van Horn. No, wait a minute, Van Horn was already here. Nevermind.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: moses_007 on September 23, 2017, 07:22:16 pm
Les Miles was fired at mid season.  Nuff said.
And now a powerful program has an unqualified head coach. Yep, glad to see you are thinking this through as usual.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Augustus

Interesting perspective from Brett McMurphy:

Since Bret Bielema came to Arkansas in 2013, Hogs are 10-23 in SEC games. Only Vandy (9-23) & Kentucky (9-24) have been worse

moses_007

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on September 24, 2017, 02:05:20 am
And now a powerful program has an unqualified head coach. Yep, glad to see you are thinking this through as usual.

I didn't say they hired the right coach to lead LSU.  I just said they fired Les Miles just a few games into the season last year. 

LSU's AD can make the same coaching blunders Jeff Long has.  Long has hired two straight coaches that couldn't make it in the Sun Belt Conference.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: moses_007 on September 23, 2017, 06:49:02 pm
And imform him that they're not contrilbuting another dollar to the program until he replaces Bielema.  When the big money dries up, Long will have to act.

So what time is your appointment to meet with him to give him your money. It's real easy to say what others should do with their money isn't it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hog911

Quote from: moses_007 on September 23, 2017, 06:49:02 pm
And imform him that they're not contrilbuting another dollar to the program until he replaces Bielema.  When the big money dries up, Long will have to act.
No, immediately fire Long and let Bielema finish his contract.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 24, 2017, 04:55:04 am
So what time is your appointment to meet with him to give him your money. It's real easy to say what others should do with their money isn't it.

The board is full of them. They like to say, "I didn't guarantee the contract, let those who did pay it off". Well, the contract was guaranteed by the RF, so are the season ticket holders suppose to pay it off? Will those who only watch on TV get an extra surcharge on their bills for the "Bielema buyout?" I mean, we're in this all together right, everyone pulls their load? The buyout runs at least $18m with assistant coaches contracts, and that doesn't even factor in what buyout we'd have to pay to get they new coach, we paid Wisconsin around $2m on Bielema's.