Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Money Boosters Need to Meet with Jeff Long Tomorrow...

Started by moses_007, September 23, 2017, 06:49:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

And imform him that they're not contrilbuting another dollar to the program until he replaces Bielema.  When the big money dries up, Long will have to act.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: moses_007 on September 23, 2017, 06:49:02 pm
And imform him that they're not contrilbuting another dollar to the program until he replaces Bielema.  When the big money dries up, Long will have to act.

Yes, please..........................
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Bubba's Bruisers

Oh, so close, but no.  You skipped a crucial step.  Very crucial.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

moses_007

There are two ways to make this happen:

1.  Big money boosters decide to boycott the program until it's done.

2.  Fans stop buying tickets.  Watch it on TV from a half empty stadium.

jackflash

not going to happen just because some on hogville want it

Ironhawg

They need to go over Long's head to the BoT.

moses_007

Hogvillage Idiot

Here we go again.  Calling on the big money gods of Razorbacks football.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

WilsonHog

There is irony here.

When JFB stepped down and when Nutt was replaced, the constant refrain on Hogville was that we needed to get the GOBN out of power. And we did.

Now you want them back?

Ironhawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 23, 2017, 07:14:49 pm
There is irony here.

When JFB stepped down and when Nutt was replaced, the constant refrain on Hogville was that we needed to get the GOBN out of power. And we did.

Now you want them back?

What's the solution Wilson?  I know they can't fire CBB mid season, but it sure doesn't look like he is the answer to football at Arkansas.

moses_007

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 23, 2017, 07:19:33 pm
What's the solution Wilson?  I know they can't fire CBB mid season, but it sure doesn't look like he is the answer to football at Arkansas.
That's a great question.  Where do we go from here?  We've lost 4 out of the last 5 games.  What is it going to take to turn this sinking ship around?  Inquiring minds want to know.

moses_007

KennyForAD

... and tell him to go back to Pittsburgh or whatever rock that fink crawled out from, and then hire a REAL AD instead of a 'professional ad.'  But our boosters are just too stupid to ever figure out the horrible mistake we made.
eee

Hogvillage Idiot

"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

WilsonHog

Quote from: moses_007 on September 23, 2017, 07:22:16 pm
Les Miles was fired at mid season.  Nuff said.

And there AD got roasted for it nationally.

Not going to happen.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: moses_007 on September 23, 2017, 07:22:16 pm
Les Miles was fired at mid season.  Nuff said.
Not happening fellas. He will be here till the end of the year. I think some of your self inflated egos are interfering with your thought process. You demanding things happen immediately is laughable.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

ricepig

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 23, 2017, 07:23:16 pm
... and tell him to go back to Pittsburgh or whatever rock that fink crawled out from, and then hire a REAL AD instead of a 'professional ad.'  But our boosters are just too stupid to ever figure out the horrible mistake we made.
eee

Then the answer seems so simple, become a "big booster" so you can try and run the show. I don't understand why all these posters on HV know all the answers, but don't have the coins to implement them, must be Jr high coaches.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 23, 2017, 07:27:13 pm

Not going to happen.

Agree.  And it's ironic that the best they could do was some dude that can't speak English. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Martygit

OK - I'll go in the morning - want to go with me?
RIP OTR, REV

Ironhawg

Not going to happen.

I do not agree with folks wanting CBB fired tomorrow.  That would not be a good look for Arkansas in the eyes of potential replacement coaches.  So let's say this season heads seriously south and we end up with a losing record, do we hang with CBB for year 6?  I'm not liking the looks of next season right now.  Frank Ragnow will be gone from the o-line, D. Williams will be gone from the backfield, Austin Allen will be gone.  On the plus side we will be more experienced with the 3-4 and our receivers will be more experienced.  I'm really groping for positives right now.

moses_007

Quote from: MartinGit on September 23, 2017, 07:28:54 pm
OK - I'll go in the morning - want to go with me?
Let's band together thousands of Hogvillian's and force a meeting with Long!  Inform him that "By God we expect a winning program up here.  What you gonna do about it, Jeff?"

KennyForAD

Not going to happen.
[/quote

That be a really stupid thing to do.  BB has fielded a team that any idiot could see, the very first game, will be lucky to win a single SEC game.  Still, even if we get skunked by the SEC, it won't be time to fire him.  Got to give him one more shot.   Regardless, we gotta get rid of Long first, or else firing a coach won't matter.  Long will Frank it up... every time.

Ironhawg

I'm done getting down over the football program.  I'm done arguing with other fans about the football program.  If they win, fine.  If they lose, fine.  Good luck to the players and coaches.

cram224

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 23, 2017, 07:23:16 pm
eee
Stupid, I don't know what a booster is in your book. But, I'm a Broyles/Matthews donor. Come over to my house after you quit jacking off and I will show you what stupid is.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 23, 2017, 07:28:42 pm
Agree.  And it's ironic that the best they could do was some dude that can't speak English. 

He speaks every bit a well as the other oeople that inhabit south Louisana.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

DoctorSusscrofa

If I remember correctly we've fired two coaches in our semi-recent history during parts of the year other than right after the season. Both times we ended up struggling to recover from those coaching changes.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

BassinHawg

It's not gonna happen! Just learn to laugh about it and go on.

It's Arkansas, I have finally learned to accept it.

The PTB don't give a rat's behind about winning anymore.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

DeltaBoy

We need empty seats on TV that all we as fans can do!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

IronHog

There is irony here.

Now you want them back?

Exactly

Long will handle the situation in a manner that is professional.....at this point BB has done nothing to be fired.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

KennyForAD

Quote from: cram224 on September 23, 2017, 08:13:28 pm
Stupid, I don't know what a booster is in your book. But, I'm a Broyles/Matthews donor. Come over to my house after you quit jacking off and I will show you what stupid is.

I'm talking about the guys who call the shots.  Duh.  You aren't one of them.  Though, you are clearly just as stupid as they are.  Get someone with a better grasp of our language to help you read my posts next time knuckle dragger.   And to ask me to come looking for you. ...   How freaking stupid are you?  Why would I?  You're just some idiot on the internet.  Sober up, dunce.

Kevin

if I was a guy that he constantly called for money, I would tell him, not another dime, since we don't play to win titles.

then I would make a call, to whoever, and say fire long, & cbb
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 23, 2017, 08:28:58 pm

Yeah, that's supporting the players. You don't go to games, don't watch them on TV unless you know the results, yet you want to tell other fans what to do, lol....

HardCore

Not going to happen.

We need to fire our AD, too.  Then he won't get roasted nationally.  Long is like the Ebola virus...he just slowly sucks the life out until you are dead.  He killed Pitt, now he is killing us.  Even if they wanted CBB out....this guy can't be trusted to choose another HC.  And, he sure can't be trusted to negotiate a good, fair contract for both parties.  Sexton makes JL his little biatch.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

ricepig

Quote from: HardCore on September 23, 2017, 08:36:54 pm
We need to fire our AD, too.  Then he won't get roasted nationally.  Long is like the Ebola virus...he just slowly sucks the life out until you are dead.  He killed Pitt, now he is killing us.  Even if they wanted CBB out....this guy can't be trusted to choose another HC.  And, he sure can't be trusted to negotiate a good, fair contract for both parties.  Sexton makes JL his little biatch.

You do know Sexton isn't Bielema's agent?

KennyForAD

3kgthog

1. They don't need to contribute another dime to football. Not for buyouts and not for needless expansions.

2. They need to take their football money and throw all of it at basketball. That's the major sport we have a realistic shot of revitalizing. Football is a losing game for the U of A and will remain so for the rest of my life. Sure, the SEC will share some money with us, but that money isn't going to satisfy fans.

At this point, I'm so fed up with trying to win in this conference that maybe we should just ride out Bielema's contract, get a new guy for $1-2 mil, and embrace where we truly fall in the pecking order. We just don't have IT. The Petrino years were a fortunate accident for us. We aren't going to get that lucky again.

HardCore

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 23, 2017, 08:44:29 pm
Forget it.  He, rolling.

But, he was correct.  My bad....its Belicheck's guy...Cornhole (or, whatever his name is). Time to lay off the Rye.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

toxichog

Do you really think the Big Money Boosters need the No Money Hogville experts to tell them what they ought to do with their money?

Acehawg

We're the South Carolina of the SEC West in football.  I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Basketball is where it's at.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 23, 2017, 07:27:43 pm
Not happening fellas. He will be here till the end of the year. I think some of your self inflated egos are interfering with your thought process. You demanding things happen immediately is laughable.

Not a laughable as your defense of BB and the sinking ship

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 23, 2017, 07:33:49 pm
I do not agree with folks wanting CBB fired tomorrow.  That would not be a good look for Arkansas in the eyes of potential replacement coaches.  So let's say this season heads seriously south and we end up with a losing record, do we hang with CBB for year 6?  I'm not liking the looks of next season right now.  Frank Ragnow will be gone from the o-line, D. Williams will be gone from the backfield, Austin Allen will be gone.  On the plus side we will be more experienced with the 3-4 and our receivers will be more experienced.  I'm really groping for positives right now.

Nothing says we are not putting up with subpar coaching like firing BB during the season and making ENos interium.  It shows a commitment to winning and excellence which we are missing.  If you want better, make that crystal clear

sowmonella

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 23, 2017, 08:28:58 pm

I really thought you were better than this post.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ricepig

Quote from: HardCore on September 23, 2017, 08:52:48 pm
But, he was correct.  My bad....its Belicheck's guy...Cornhole (or, whatever his name is). Time to lay off the Rye.

Cornrich, he also is Ferentz agent, he knows how to do a buyout.....

BigoBoys

Quote from: moses_007 on September 23, 2017, 07:39:07 pm
Let's band together thousands of Hogvillian's and force a meeting with Long!  Inform him that "By God we expect a winning program up here.  What you gonna do about it, Jeff?"
Right on Dude!  Let's all meet out in front of the BAC in the morning at 6 AM.  I'll be there, let's go!  What will you be wearing? 

HardCore

Quote from: ricepig on September 23, 2017, 09:36:51 pm
Cornrich, he also is Ferentz agent, he knows how to do a buyout.....

I would say he does.  Got us handcuffed.

Roaringboar

Quote from: moses_007 on September 23, 2017, 06:52:08 pm
There are two ways to make this happen:

1.  Big money boosters decide to boycott the program until it's done.

2.  Fans stop buying tickets.  Watch it on TV from a half empty stadium.

That's what should, and hopefully does, happen. I'd hate to do anything that would hurt the hogs, but maybe they'll get the picture when our soon to be newly renovated stadium is only home to about 20-30,000 Hog fans. That would cause them to wake up in a hurry.
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

The Boar War

Quote from: cram224 on September 23, 2017, 08:13:28 pm
Come over to my house after you quit jacking off and I will show you what stupid is.

That's just a strange comeback.

jdlew

There is irony here.

When JFB stepped down and when Nutt was replaced, the constant refrain on Hogville was that we needed to get the GOBN out of power. And we did...

Now you want them back?

Kinda funny...But true.

Medic821

If some idiot hires another plane and pulls a banner.  .Need to find them and beat the brakes of that are..Just saying.

moses_007

Frankly I don't know if Jeff Long would fire Bielema this year if there was no buyout.  He seems to be so sold on this perennial loser.