Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do good coaches resign?

Started by RazorbackAlways, September 13, 2017, 11:26:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorbackAlways

In a situation like this? I know Tuberville did. If CBB has a losing season, will he be man enough to resign for the good of the program?

Großer Kriegschwein

Meyer comes to mind.

For no tangible reason other than not being able to beat Tricky Nicky down in Tuscaloosa.
This is my non-signature signature.

jgphillips3

twistitup

Enos resigned from his last head coaching job and people around this board say he's a good coach.

I'm still waiting to see proof of this on the field.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HF#1

Good coaches might, smart coaches do not.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Been10Hog

we lost one game to a team we were picked to lose to. We stayed close and had a chance. TCU may actually be good! When we kick Aggies ass everyone will be doing somersaults and saying we're going to Atlanta. Hogville is seriously bipolar!

HF#1

Quote from: Been10Hog on September 13, 2017, 03:03:39 pm
we lost one game to a team we were picked to lose to. We stayed close and had a chance. TCU may actually be good! When we kick Aggies ass everyone will be doing somersaults and saying we're going to Atlanta. Hogville is seriously bipolar!

The two A&M running backs are waiting to pad their stats against us. If I was Sumlin i wouldn't let Mond throw it. He won't need to.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Been10Hog on September 13, 2017, 03:03:39 pm

hahahahaha!!!  You think HV is bipolar, don't EVER go on Razorback Nation.  Whew!!! Definitely a sh*t ton of disgruntled keyboard coaches, AD's and social media badasses on that site.  Man, I surely hope the boys beat TAMU and convincingly or watch out for nuclear melt down of epic proportions!!!

Coaches are normally asked to resign to avoid the embarrassment of being fired.  That solely depends on the HBC and AD relationship, IMO. 

cj_sez

Do good people resign if they are out of their depth and simply cannot do the job? Perhaps, but usually after finding an alternative position. Do selfish people cling to a position for the money, even though their incompetence negatively affects others, when they have a guarantee of continuing? Yes, usually, unless they get a better offer....which isn't likely in Bielema's case since his incompetence has clearly been shown. Would you want to help him buyout his contract to hire him if any obligation remains?  I doubt any school would. UA would have to pay him to fire him, but what are the numbers he would need to forfeit if he quits?

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: HF#1 on September 13, 2017, 03:08:08 pm
The two A&M running backs are waiting to pad their stats against us. If I was Sumlin i wouldn't let Mond throw it. He won't need to.

Bro, I sure hope you're wrong.  TAMU RBs, QB and that damn Christian Kirk had a fun time last year.  They don't have Myles Garrett or Trevor Knight anymore which is a huge plus...I really like the Hogs chances in this one.  Plus they got the Ragin Cajuns this weekend and as long as we can stay healthy we stand a huge chance of coming out victorious.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: cj_sez on September 13, 2017, 03:12:39 pm
Do good people resign if they are out of their depth and simply cannot do the job? Perhaps, but usually after finding an alternative position. Do selfish people cling to a position for the money, even though their incompetence negatively affects others, when they have a guarantee of continuing? Yes, usually, unless they get a better offer....which isn't likely in Bielema's case since his incompetence has clearly been shown. Would you want to help him buyout his contract to hire him if any obligation remains?  I doubt any school would. UA would have to pay him to fire him, but what are the numbers he would need to forfeit if he quits?

CBB incompetent??? I'm sure if CBB is incompetent he wouldn't be a HBC at two P5 programs.  Let's just say he has some work to do or he maybe looking for another job.  I believe the good majority on HV will not call our HBC incompetent.  Not that I'm happy at the current state of Hog affairs but dude I would love to see your coaching resume...

Been10Hog

Quote from: cj_sez on September 13, 2017, 03:12:39 pm
Incompetent? He won 3 straight Big 10 titles before coming here! Is there a way to filter out the Hogvillains who actually played college football or even high school from the idiots? We need a filter on here!

cj_sez

He is incompetent in the SEC. He cannot get the job done. He hasn't so far, and I have no expectation of that changing. We ain't Wisconsin and he didn't build a program there, Alvarez did.

Been10Hog

Quote from: cj_sez on September 13, 2017, 03:33:56 pm
He is incompetent in the SEC. He cannot get the job done. He hasn't so far, and I have no expectation of that changing. We ain't Wisconsin and he didn't build a program there, Alvarez did.
Things have changed a little in the SEC West since the last coach was here! There are 6 other teams in the division instead of 5. Meaning one less patsy to play. Petrino played A&M as out of conference foe when they sucked and were on verge of firing Sherman. Ole Miss, Miss St and Auburn were jokes! Yes Auburn! They were about to fire their coach Petrino's last year, remember? Ole Miss is having top 10 recruiting classes now, now we know why, but they were on verge of firing their coach because they sucked when BP was here. And Miss St.! They were decent but not real competition for BP's teams! Remember 2 years ago when Dak Prescott had them ranked number 1? You can't compare the 2 tenures because the teams the 2 coaches faced may have the same name but none of the teams were better when Petrino played them than they are now against BB. Just try to keep it objective! A&M is going down, Ole Miss is about to fall off the face of the earth but Auburn aint going anywhere. It's tougher now! You think some assistant somewhere is going to come in and out scheme the SEC West?

daprospecta

Quote from: Been10Hog on September 13, 2017, 03:43:32 pm
Things have changed a little in the SEC West since the last coach was here! There are 6 other teams in the division instead of 5. Meaning one less patsy to play. Petrino played A&M as out of conference foe when they sucked and were on verge of firing Sherman. Ole Miss, Miss St and Auburn were jokes! Yes Auburn! They were about to fire their coach Petrino's last year, remember? Ole Miss is having top 10 recruiting classes now, now we know why, but they were on verge of firing their coach because they sucked when BP was here. And Miss St.! They were decent but not real competition for BP's teams! Remember 2 years ago when Dak Prescott had them ranked number 1? You can't compare the 2 tenures because the teams the 2 coaches faced may have the same name but none of the teams were better when Petrino played them than they are now against BB. Just try to keep it objective! A&M is going down, Ole Miss is about to fall off the face of the earth but Auburn aint going anywhere. It's tougher now! You think some assistant somewhere is going to come in and out scheme the SEC West?
So Ryan Tannehill and Jerod Johnson were jokes? You say Auburn was a joke.  You mean the same Auburn that had players like Cam Newton and Nick Fairley roaming their sidelines? Ole Miss/Miss St is now what is was then for the most part.  The West was tough then and it is tough now.  Please stop this narrative.

Hawghiggs

Bielema isn't going to resign.  This is a huge payday year for him.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: cj_sez on September 13, 2017, 03:33:56 pm
"Incompetent? He won 3 straight Big 10 titles before coming here! Is there a way to filter out the Hogvillains who actually played college football or even high school from the idiots? We need a filter on here!"  Been10Hog well said!!!

Fans whether fairweather or not will be just that, ONLY FANS!!! I love having dialogue with HV members that are students of the game, former coaches or have some semblance of HS and CFB experience.  It's cats like cj_sez that I can guarantee just by reading his comments has and will only have the fan experience. I would love to see or hear about your football prowess that gives you the knowledge and guile to call a D1/P5 HBC at two Universities incompetent.  Prove me wrong kind sir and I will gladly talk X's and O's with you...

Been10Hog

Quote from: daprospecta on September 13, 2017, 03:54:44 pm
So Ryan Tannehill and Jerod Johnson were jokes? You say Auburn was a joke.  You mean the same Auburn that had players like Cam Newton and Nick Fairley roaming their sidelines? Ole Miss/Miss St is now what is was then for the most part.  The West was tough then and it is tough now.  Please stop this narrative.
Did Sherman, Chizik and Nutt not get fired? You stop the narrative! Fact is ole Miss sucked and A7M had talent but SUCKED! A&M has always had talent. Was Miss. St. not #1 2 years ago. Get off your agenda and learn! We are not comparing apples to apples here

RazorWest

Quote from: Been10Hog on September 13, 2017, 03:43:32 pm

So much fail.  Auburn one a Natty with BP here, Ole miss was very good Nutt's first two years when BP was here.  LSU won a Natty when BP was here.  A&M isn't much better now than they were then, we just can't beat them.  The SEC West right now is as weak as it's been since some of the Nutt days. 

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: RazorbackAlways on September 13, 2017, 11:26:13 am
In a situation like this? I know Tuberville did. If CBB has a losing season, will he be man enough to resign for the good of the program?

No...Follow the money.....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Been10Hog

Quote from: RazorWest on September 13, 2017, 04:01:56 pm
So much fail.  Auburn one a Natty with BP here, Ole miss was very good Nutt's first two years when BP was here.  LSU won a Natty when BP was here.  A&M isn't much better now than they were then, we just can't beat them.  The SEC West right now is as weak as it's been since some of the Nutt days.
You are delusional. Chizik got fired Petrino's last year, Sherman the year before and Nutt ran Ole Miss in the ground. Did you forget about Dak. When did Petrino deal with a State team ranked #1. Fail and not rational! Those things all did happen the last 2 years Petrino was here! Hey, weren't those his 2 best years. His receivers as good as we think they were never could get separation from Bama or LSU! Now Ole Miss, Aubbie and A&M have similar DBs

cj_sez

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 13, 2017, 03:59:04 pm
"  Prove me wrong kind sir and I will gladly talk X's and O's with you...

Be observant...I am not a sir. Bielema lost 4 of 6 bowl games at Whisky against teams with something in common....speed and coaches who made great adjustments during the games. He has not won a single game at UA when he has trailed at half-time. On the other hand, he has lost games when the Hogs blew half-time leads because the opposing coaches made good adjustments. He hasn't had a Russell Wilson here which was fortunate for him at Wisconsin. He has delivered some of the most humiliating losses I have ever seen in a lifetime of following the Razorbacks. His "style" is not competitive against other SEC teams. His game plan either works or it doesn't and unlike truly competent coaches, he doesn't show the ability to make critical adjustments during a game. You can define competence as knowing the X's and O's, but the ability to adapt knowledge into results is the real definition. Getting a job simply isn't proof of capability to do it well. Ever hear of rising to the level of one's own incompetence?

sickboy

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 11:30:25 am
Enos resigned from his last head coaching job and people around this board say he's a good coach.

I'm still waiting to see proof of this on the field.

Here, I'll help.

2015 w/ Chaney:

Total yards: 5,278yds
Total TDs: 73
Yards per game: 406
Avg Passing Yards per game: 188
Avg QB completion PCTG: 55.4%
Avg Rushing yards per game: 218
Avg yards per carry: 5.1
First downs: 286
Penalties: 68 for 581 yds
Turnovers: 17

Brandon Allen stats as starting QB:
2285 yds
6.7 yds/play avg
20 TDS
5 INTS
129.2 rat

2016 w/ Enos

Total yards: 6,071yds
Total TDs: 92
Yards per game: 466.5
Avg Passing Yards per game: 268
Avg QB completion PCTG: 65.8%
Avg Rushing yards per game: 198
Avg yards per carry: 5.0
First downs: 304
Penalties: 55 for 481
Turnovers: 11

Brandon Allen stats as starting QB:
3440 yds
9.3 yds/play avg
30 TDS
8 INTS
166.5 rat

If we're keeping track that's improving every single offensive statistical category of relevance.

Been10Hog

May be one of best arguments on here. Enos definitely helped BA

Letsroll1200

MJ2

He won't just walk away unless there is a buyout in place and solidified.   I would assume he and his agent have had several discussions over the last 5 years about that.    I'm sure he's getting as tired of AR as we are of him.

TebowHater

The only way he would resign is

1. We do semi-decent, such that he has a job lined up
2. He thinks we will be even worse next year, such that he would not be able to get another job
3. We still agree to pay some large portion of his buyout

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 13, 2017, 11:27:13 am
Meyer comes to mind.

For no tangible reason other than not being able to beat Tricky Nicky down in Tuscaloosa.

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 13, 2017, 11:38:08 am
Stoops.

Neither resigned under the situation the OP is referring.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

WilsonHog

Yes, and good coaches get fired. Sometimes the fit isn't right.

HiggiePiggy

Meyer comes to mind.

Doesn't he have a winning record over Nick Saban? 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

twistitup

Quote from: Been10Hog on September 13, 2017, 04:37:50 pm
May be one of best arguments on here. Enos definitely helped BA

Why not AA?

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

sickboy

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 06:50:32 pm
Why not AA?

AA led the SEC in passing and yards/attempt last year. He was second in TDs and third in QBR.

What is it you want from Enos? A Heisman QB?

bennyl08

Meyer comes to mind.

Why? Meyer was proved he was able to beat Saban. And by a full 2 possessions. Don't think him leaving Florida had anythanything to do with Saban.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ZERO

Meyer comes to mind.

I keep hearing this, but he's 2-2 against Saban. He quit out of fear of something, but not Nick Saban. I mean, no other coach in the conference, regardless of their record against Saban, has resigned because of him.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: cj_sez on September 13, 2017, 04:16:44 pm
Be observant...I am not a sir. Bielema lost 4 of 6 bowl games at Whisky against teams with something in common....speed and coaches who made great adjustments during the games. He has not won a single game at UA when he has trailed at half-time. On the other hand, he has lost games when the Hogs blew half-time leads because the opposing coaches made good adjustments. He hasn't had a Russell Wilson here which was fortunate for him at Wisconsin. He has delivered some of the most humiliating losses I have ever seen in a lifetime of following the Razorbacks. His "style" is not competitive against other SEC teams. His game plan either works or it doesn't and unlike truly competent coaches, he doesn't show the ability to make critical adjustments during a game. You can define competence as knowing the X's and O's, but the ability to adapt knowledge into results is the real definition. Getting a job simply isn't proof of capability to do it well. Ever hear of rising to the level of one's own incompetence?

I just had this conversation the other day.  There are a ton of analogies out there, but tennis provides a good one.  You can watch someone warming up and see them hammering serves, pounding forehands, and they can look like a world beater.  Then the match starts, and the opponent realizes after about midway through the second game that he can't hit a backhand to save his life.  It's all over but the crying at that point. 

That's what it's like watching the Razorbacks after halftime in games.  When the opposition realizes that we can't get the QB and receivers on the same page to run a simple 10 yard slant, we're doomed.  I cannot understand for the life of me why they can have all 11 men within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, and we can't make them pay for that.  It's like BB is so stubborn that he's thinking..."Well, you line those guys up there, and eventually we'll hit a gap with this dive play, and take it to the house."  Well...why not throw OVER IT instead? 

If a team tried to do that to ANY NFL team, the QB wouldn't be able to get the ball snapped quick enough.  Two step drop, quick hitting slant...nothing but green to the endzone. 

Time and time again we see teams stack up against the run....TOTALLY sell out in fact, and we can't do anything but look like we're just playing along ensuring their success.  It's unreal. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

IronHog

Quote from: Been10Hog on September 13, 2017, 04:00:45 pm
Did Sherman, Chizik and Nutt not get fired? You stop the narrative! Fact is ole Miss sucked and A7M had talent but SUCKED! A&M has always had talent. Was Miss. St. not #1 2 years ago. Get off your agenda and learn! We are not comparing apples to apples here

Correct it isn't apples to apples.

BPs OL could flip side to side.......BB can't put one side of an OL on the field.  No comparison really.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: cj_sez on September 13, 2017, 04:16:44 pm
My apologies ma'am...I can literally get onboard with most of your comments and say that there is some validity here BUT I have to say that CBB has a strategy to control the LOS and TOP.  Sometimes it worked other times it didn't.  CDE is the guy whom is supposed to take CBB's strategy and implement a game plan that works and of course make adjustments if the original plan is not firing on all cylinders.  As far as humiliating loses I beg to differ - We've had plenty of former HBC's that walked away from some of the most unsuspected lopsided loses EVER!!! Is it due to our staff or the players just not executing the play like scripted?  We will never know because we are not the coaches sending the plays in or on the field with players. I still say calling CBB "incompetent" is a far reach and disrespectful for someone who hasn't felt the pressure of performing on the football field in front thousands of fans and national spotlight.  Granted they knew what they signed up for but you have to understand if you don't have the right mix of talent and potential talent wanting to play at Arkansas you're gonna get mediocre results.  How about "Rising to level of your competition" is a better statement to make.