Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Before we Jump off the ledge look at this

Started by Piggfoot, September 13, 2017, 09:56:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

On TCU's starting offense there was one Sophmore a 6'6" 370 tackle, the rest Seniors.
There Ol greatly outweighed our DL. I think the people in the know greatly underestimated TCU's talent and greatly over estimated ours. We are a young team. I don't have the answers to why this is so. Obviously some of our seniors have not developed as expected. Someone with more time and knowledge will have to examine this more closely and maybe provide an answer.
http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/tcu/91947
http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/arkansas/89992
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I agree with what you're saying, but I cant believe people are still using ourlads as an official source of player information. Most of their stuff hasn't even been updated since 2016
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

jst01

meh...think what bothers me is the same reasoning you are giving on the other side of the ball. If im not mistaken, our OL was bigger than their DL and yet they didn't have any issues running thru and around our OL.

Piggfoot

Quote from: jst01 on September 13, 2017, 10:00:51 am
meh...think what bothers me is the same reasoning you are giving on the other side of the ball. If im not mistaken, our OL was bigger than their DL and yet they didn't have any issues running thru and around our OL.
Speed is an issue with our OL except for Ragnow. Also it was reported that their LBs all had 4.5 speed. 8 in the box, young receivers unsure of their routes and Allen not as sharp as I would have expected all add up to the TCU win.

Hogdomer

TCU was 6-7 last year.  They lost to K-State 30-6 and OSU 37-10.  They are well coached but not that talented.  We have a coach in year 5 who should have his program in place.  If TCU outmanned us it is on our coach for not having us ready to compete or the players to do so.  This isn't year 2 (which, BTW, we were a lot better then).

Piggfoot

Quote from: Hogdomer on September 13, 2017, 10:18:30 am
TCU was 6-7 last year.  They lost to K-State 30-6 and OSU 37-10.  They are well coached but not that talented.  We have a coach in year 5 who should have his program in place.  If TCU outmanned us it is on our coach for not having us ready to compete or the players to do so.  This isn't year 2 (which, BTW, we were a lot better then).
I certainly agree with our lack of development. Also I'm concerned with the defensive switch to 3-4. It appears to me that our ends should be taller, bigger and faster to use that defense. I don't think we have the personel to go up against the SEC west teams.

Piggfoot

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 13, 2017, 10:21:10 am
So I think what you're saying is - "Don't jump off the ledge... we're just not any good."

I think a lot of people had that figured out after the FAM game... leaving no doubt after the TCU game.
That may sum it up. Esp in the SEC west.

pigroots

TCU is better than people think. They will likely finish with 2-3 losses. One of the best coaches in the country and they had a star by this game. It was 14-7 late and should have been 14-13. The A&M game just got bigger for us and it's already the Alamo for Sumlin. We better be ready to play

rhames

Quote from: pigroots on September 13, 2017, 10:32:08 am
TCU is better than people think. They will likely finish with 2-3 losses. One of the best coaches in the country and they had a star by this game. It was 14-7 late and should have been 14-13. The A&M game just got bigger for us and it's already the Alamo for Sumlin. We better be ready to play

Lots of truth here but I do feel people's concerns are valid. We have 10 games left.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

razorsharptusk

That TCU game could have easily been 42 - 7.  They cost themselves several opportunities. The defense held the rope for a while. But how frustrating does that get when your offense can't move the ball.  I get TCU has some seasoned players, but our team looked unmotivated and unprepared.  No way to explain that away.

We have pretty much proven to the country that if you don't allow our backs to get to the edge, we sure can't pass, you can pretty much just give your offense a 4 play break and put them back on the field.
GO HOGS!!

menehune

Quote from: razorsharptusk on September 13, 2017, 10:41:24 am
That TCU game could have easily been 42 - 7.  They cost themselves several opportunities. The defense held the rope for a while. But how frustrating does that get when your offense can't move the ball.  I get TCU has some seasoned players, but our team looked unmotivated and unprepared.  No way to explain that away.

We have pretty much proven to the country that if you don't allow our backs to get to the edge, we sure can't pass, you can pretty much just give your offense a 4 play break and put them back on the field.

OR...it could have been 21 - 14, Arkansas if we had scored the two times we were inside the 5 yard line.   OR...28-21.  Or...

lefty08

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 13, 2017, 10:33:48 am
C'mon man. 

TCU tried multiple times to keep us in the game... we just refused to take what they were offering with all the mistakes they were making.

We tried harder, you guys screaming this conveniently leave that part out
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ShadowHawg

I felt like TCU did not play near their potential. A lot of errors on their part.

They should have been lucky just to win but they won by 21. TCU isn't great. They played bad and they won by 21. Think about it.

Hogwild

Quote from: pigroots on September 13, 2017, 10:32:08 am

While it might be true that they are better then what a lot of posters here gave them credit for, they aren't better than half of the SEC teams that we will face this year.

HAWG MAFIA

TCU was favored to win, get over it. onto A&M

razorbackfaninar

I have said this in a few different places but to me It isn't the loss, it was the terrible performance and the flat, uninspired game plan with poor execution and the same issues that carried over from last year.  I don't think nearly as many people would be so upset if we had played hard, looked like we knew what we were doing, the kicking game wasn't still so bad etc. etc. etc. But to have a whole off season of " This team is focused";  "Your'e going to see a different attitude next year"; "Never seen a team so hungry to get better" and so on, only to get what we saw against TCU.  I can't speak for everyone , but that bothered me far more than the loss.       

HoggyCat

Who recruited the team that was on the field saturday??
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

MJ2

Quote from: Piggfoot on September 13, 2017, 09:56:24 am
On TCU's starting offense there was one Sophmore a 6'6" 370 tackle, the rest Seniors.
There Ol greatly outweighed our DL. I think the people in the know greatly underestimated TCU's talent and greatly over estimated ours. We are a young team. I don't have the answers to why this is so. Obviously some of our seniors have not developed as expected. Someone with more time and knowledge will have to examine this more closely and maybe provide an answer.
http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/tcu/91947
http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/arkansas/89992

As Marcus Elliott pointed out - it was TCU!   Let that sink in, TCU schooled the Hogs at RRS.   THAT should NEVER happen.

cosmodrum

Quote from: HAWG MAFIA on September 13, 2017, 02:03:03 pm
TCU was favored to win, get over it. onto A&M

Supposed to go 3-9, then.

Relax, Bret. You're good.
Go away, batin'