Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did JL really offer Petrino a deal?

Started by lakecityhog, September 11, 2017, 09:00:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

So Mr. Integrity lied at his press conference because if he had admitted that he had been prepared to let Petrino stay, his whole integrity spiel would be seen for the hypocritical claptrap that it was.  And then to drive the lie home, he went on a media blitz.

Yep, pretty much confirms what I think about Long.  You see, lying is okay if you're doing it for a greater purpose, like increasing Jeff Long's celebrity and profile for instance.

HogFoo

Bielema just needs a Harley.  I have a 2013 Road glide I'll let him have if it helps with things.  Also, he needs to get a hobby sport.. maybe volleyball. Haha
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

gchamblee

wachhog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 12, 2017, 02:42:39 pm
A close friend of Petrino's said that Petrino told him he could have stayed but he had to agree to a reworked contract that would have made him agree to some specific conditions. Supposedly there were some pastors sitting in on the meeting and Petrino refused to discuss anything with Long until they left. According to Petrino's friend after he had read the conditions on the amended contract Petrino said, "You're trying to turn me into a Monk."

Long immediately dismissed him and Petrino went home. Later he had second thoughts and tried to call Long but Long wouldn't take his call. Not long after that Petrino was notified through a personal message delivered to his house that he had been fired.

In the days after that Petrino admitted to his friend that he had started to think of himself as untouchable. Hog fans were so grateful for a winning team that they would never allow him to be fired.

The man who told this story was personal friends with Petrino. I verified that. I do not know if he was telling the truth but I cannot imagine why he would create such a story if it wasn't true. Long has never addressed this story but some of his people in the athletic department have denied it.
Pastors at the meeting? Help me, bejeesus. . You've told me all I needed to know. Maybe they can get Joel Olsteen to come up and bless the refurbished stadium.  Or Franklin Graham. Most likely it will be the Colorado Springs fraud who was caught with the male hooker or Jim Bakker. Poor, poor little hillbillies. Bless their hearts.

jkstock04

Quote from: hawgon on September 12, 2017, 03:51:28 pm
So Mr. Integrity lied at his press conference because if he had admitted that he had been prepared to let Petrino stay, his whole integrity spiel would be seen for the hypocritical claptrap that it was.  And then to drive the lie home, he went on a media blitz.

Yep, pretty much confirms what I think about Long.  You see, lying is okay if you're doing it for a greater purpose, like increasing Jeff Long's celebrity and profile for instance.

Imagine how bad he would've looked had the local press ran with that and then natl media? If all that is true it just goes to show you what a joke this integrity campaign really is lol.

I mean..had some pastors in on the meeting? Does that not seem a little farfetched? Questions fly in my mind over this.

Why would you need pastors to sit in on a meeting like this? What does that have to do with the football program and how are they affiliated with the football program? Was there going to be mandatory religious confessions on a weekly basis as part of the requirements to stay? That's a tough scenerio to believe.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 12, 2017, 04:02:12 pm
Imagine how bad he would've looked had the local press ran with that and then natl media? If all that is true it just goes to show you what a joke this integrity campaign really is lol.

I mean..had some pastors in on the meeting? Does that not seem a little farfetched? Questions fly in my mind over this.

Why would you need pastors to sit in on a meeting like this? What does that have to do with the football program and how are they affiliated with the football program? Was there going to be mandatory religious confessions on a weekly basis as part of the requirements to stay? That's a tough scenerio to believe.

I find the pastors thing a little hard to believe, but who knows for sure. All I know I was in a group text with Tyson and around 2ish he was being retained, and then around 4ish, he's fired.

wachhog

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 12, 2017, 04:02:12 pm

Actually, it's not hard to believe. Even back when I was there, rumor was there were some holy rollers up in them thar hills. Some handled snakes, I heard.

IronHog

Quote from: hawgon on September 12, 2017, 03:51:28 pm

😐
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

gchamblee

Ya, having pastors sit in on the meeting sounds sketchy. How can that even be explained? I see a SNL sketch in my mind where every time Long says something, the pastors all nod and say "Amen".

IronHog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 12, 2017, 04:10:07 pm
Ya, having pastors sit in on the meeting sounds sketchy. How can that even be explained? I see a SNL sketch in my mind where every time Long says something, the pastors all nod and say "Amen".

Pharisee Jeff
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

ricepig

Maybe Armani Ronnie was there to pray for his lost soul?

Porked Tongue

September 12, 2017, 04:16:19 pm #161 Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:42:57 pm by Porked Tongue
Quote from: ricepig on September 12, 2017, 04:11:28 pm
Maybe Armani Ronnie was there to pray for his lost soul?
He's unrecognizable at Hog games.  Dressed down and all 5 ft 1 of him.  I see him in the south end zone food court once or twice per season.

wachhog

Quote from: ricepig on September 12, 2017, 04:05:58 pm
I find the pastors thing a little hard to believe, but who knows for sure. All I know I was in a group text with Tyson and around 2ish he was being retained, and then around 4ish, he's fired.
Hearing that, I bet Bobby sings everyday in the shower, "Don't cry for me, Arkansas." Instead of having "men of the cloth" try to exorcise his demons, he has "true southern gentlemen" toasting his success with fine Kentucky bourbon.
What's not to like.

wachhog

Men of fine Italian cloth, milled especially for the workrooms of Armani.

sharpd1

If Petrino hadn't given the girl a job then he could have kept his job.

redneckfriend

Aren't y'all a bunch of Christians? I would think pastors would be right up your alley. Only on Sunday I guess.

gchamblee

Quote from: sharpd1 on September 12, 2017, 04:27:11 pm
If Petrino hadn't given the girl a job then he could have kept his job.

If he had gotten out of his own way he probably could have kept his job. Long was looking for a way to defend him but Bobby simply wouldn't help.

wachhog

He who laughs last, laughs best.

GuvHog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 12, 2017, 04:28:39 pm
If he had gotten out of his own way he probably could have kept his job. Long was looking for a way to defend him but Bobby simply wouldn't help.

At the termination press conference, Long flatly denied giving Bobby any conditions for staying at Arkansas. He said Bobby staying was never an option.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on September 12, 2017, 04:47:06 pm
At the termination press conference, Long flatly denied giving Bobby any conditions for staying at Arkansas. He said Bobby staying was never an option.

And an AD never officially offers a job but to the person who takes it, correct?

phadedhawg

Quote from: ricepig on September 12, 2017, 04:50:16 pm
And an AD never officially offers a job but to the person who takes it, correct?

Exactly.  There's the truth and the official version of the truth.  They don't have to match for one to be considered "truthful". 

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 11, 2017, 11:15:45 pm
This is the sixth football season since that disastrous April day.

Were Petrino still here, it would be his 10th in Fayetteville. Possible, sure; I'd wager not probable. I figure Long would still have had to hire Petrino's replacement by now, and it probably would have turned out about like it has.

Interesting thought.

When I heard Long talk about firing Petrino, it was clearly a done deal. So I didn't agonize over it after that. I knew he was gone and not coming back. (Contrastingly, I'm still not over the TCU game.)

Did I like Petrino gone?...NO. I saw his last game. My son and I sat on the 50 yard line of the Cotton Bowl when we beat K-State. To paraphrase Jerry Jones "I liked that Cotton Bowl win...I liked that Cotton Bowl win very much." And the No. 5 final ranking.

Man, this thread is interesting reading. I'm kinda surprised I'm in the mood for it. What has been more polarizing for our fan base than the Petrino situation? He won a lot of games his last 2 years, I get it. What I wonder...WHAT IF Petrino had come clean to Long immediately after the bike wreck? (*The fact there was a police report, and Petrino didn't think about those details coming out, proved he had some smarts issues.) The school would have gotten a damage-control team together to put a serious spin on everything. Would they have tried to hide Blondie?...I don't know. Or, would they just tell Bobby to step up to the podium and unload everything? Who knows? BUT, the main thing that Long couldn't get over would not have been there. Would things have been different then? What happened was 95% on Petrino, 5% on Long.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

code red

Quote from: grayhawg on September 11, 2017, 09:22:08 pm
What difference does it make, it was over years ago time to move on.
To what....basketball?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

lakecityhog

My whole point to this thread was/is that if JL was indeed open to keeping Petrino under any circumstances integrity isn't one of his main attributes. And, if he really did know about the girl what does that make him?(I personally believe that he knew more than he wanted to know and simply tried to ignore it)

This was never meant to be about BP and him staying or going. Never about his character or lack of, it is about an AD that possibly sold his own character for his own future.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: gchamblee on September 12, 2017, 03:47:43 pm
I love how you are trying to roast Jeff for a lie, but would suck everyones willy if they would only forgive Bobby for his big lies lol.
Your so wrong. I ve stated how I felt about BP many times. You always attack folks and use BP as your knife. Took you long enough to come on here and start your propaganda though. We been waitin on you with a smile. Always come in defense of your hero Jeffy and with a weak schtict. Good luck anyway and hows the poll lookin to team Jeff. You guys aren't Hog fans,your Jeff fans. When they are gone I hope you go away with them.Oh and a lie is a lie. Once you've lied to me I have a tough time believin anything you say. We aren't talkin bout Bobby anyway. We know he's a pos and will lie. Its Mr. integrity on the poll not Bobby. Do you have a man crush on him or something. You keep bringing him up. Did he turn you down or something?

WilsonHog

It is disingenuous at best to claim the mantle of integrity for making a decision that you would not have made if the other person had met conditions.

GuvHog

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 12, 2017, 05:00:14 pm
Exactly.  There's the truth and the official version of the truth.  They don't have to match for one to be considered "truthful". 

No, it just shows that Jeff's "integrity" mantra is nothing but a pile of crap.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 12, 2017, 05:14:40 pm
My whole point to this thread was/is that if JL was indeed open to keeping Petrino under any circumstances integrity isn't one of his main attributes. And, if he really did know about the girl what does that make him?(I personally believe that he knew more than he wanted to know and simply tried to ignore it)

This was never meant to be about BP and him staying or going. Never about his character or lack of, it is about an AD that possibly sold his own character for his own future.
I hear ya lakecity.  It is an interesting thread however.  I completely believe that if BP had done the exact same thing at say Auburn and Auburn fans and AD really thought BP was the coach for them and he had brought them to heights the program hadnt seen in years, the Auburn AD would have made it work out and they would have kept BP.  Dont know if that means that a program like Auburn is a bad program or a good program. That is subjective, but I believe that there are many programs that it faced with losing the best coach they had had in many years and the program was headed toward the top of the polls nationally and maybe recruits were starting to look the program when before they hadnt, these programs would have made it work out with BP.  Maybe they would have docked him say $500K per year for the remainder of his contract or some other agreement, but they would have figured out a way to keep him.

Long is different in that regard.  He views things differently.  He is more about integrity and ethics and I get that too.  I remember watching him that night on TV as he announced BP's firing. He was emotional.  He truly was upset at what BP had done and how BP had lied to him.  At that time, I was proud of Long and Arkansas athletic dept. However, fast forward to where we are now and I must admit I wonder what things would have been like if BP had stayed.  He took us to a BCS bowl in his 3rd year.  Had us ranked in the top 5.   I know BB threw BP's recruits under the bus  when he got here saying he had no idea how bare the cupboard was.   Well I just wonder if that was just a smoke screen to deflect the criticism he was starting to get as he lost games.  BP seemed to do pretty well with his recruits. 

BP recruited a lot of the OLinemen that BB inherited and the first couple of years of the BB era, it seemed that we actually could run the ball.  As we have gotten over to all BB recruits, suddenly we cannot run the ball.  Maybe BP didnt do too badly with his recruits. 

Anyway, its all merely interesting.  BP is at Louisville and BB is here.  BP has a Heisman Trophy winner and is overseeing nationally ranked program.  BB is struggling and will be lucky to go .500 this season.   BP is an a$$ to be sure.  BB is fun loving and a media darling at times. BP is a heck of a coach.  BB is....well....a coach.

Hoginsavga

I am quite sure this is an oversimplification on my part but had I been the AD this is the way I would have handed it with Petrino. AD: Bobby I am so sorry about your accident and want you to know I wish you a speedy recovery. Please let me know if I can be of help to you.

Anything regarding the police report is your responsibility to answer especially regarding the media, legal matters, and insurance as you were on your personal time.

If anything comes to light that concerns the University then that will be a different discussion. Again hope you recover soon.

Bobby would not have lied to the AD if it had been handled properly.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 11, 2017, 09:56:30 pm
Do any of you realize that the "hiring his own mistress" is another load of "company line" bull?

Coaches do not hire anyone, they recommend to, guess who, their choice along with a salary offer. The AD's office does the hiring just like administration does at any company.

How many of you actually believe that BP fooling around was a real secret? Didn't she travel with BP on a couple of trips? Word was she was part of the reason the kid from Missouri de-committed.
Exactly.  The whole thing was handled in an incredibly self defeating, amateurish manner.  And  yes, it was all common knowledge beforehand.

ricepig

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 12, 2017, 05:30:40 pm
I hear ya lakecity.  It is an interesting thread however.  I completely believe that if BP had done the exact same thing at say Auburn and Auburn fans and AD really thought BP was the coach for them and he had brought them to heights the program hadnt seen in years, the Auburn AD would have made it work out and they would have kept BP.  Dont know if that means that a program like Auburn is a bad program or a good program. That is subjective, but I believe that there are many programs that it faced with losing the best coach they had had in many years and the program was headed toward the top of the polls nationally and maybe recruits were starting to look the program when before they hadnt, these programs would have made it work out with BP.  Maybe they would have docked him say $500K per year for the remainder of his contract or some other agreement, but they would have figured out a way to keep him.

Long is different in that regard.  He views things differently.  He is more about integrity and ethics and I get that too.  I remember watching him that night on TV as he announced BP's firing. He was emotional.  He truly was upset at what BP had done and how BP had lied to him.  At that time, I was proud of Long and Arkansas athletic dept. However, fast forward to where we are now and I must admit I wonder what things would have been like if BP had stayed.  He took us to a BCS bowl in his 3rd year.  Had us ranked in the top 5.   I know BB threw BP's recruits under the bus  when he got here saying he had no idea how bare the cupboard was.   Well I just wonder if that was just a smoke screen to deflect the criticism he was starting to get as he lost games.  BP seemed to do pretty well with his recruits. 

BP recruited a lot of the OLinemen that BB inherited and the first couple of years of the BB era, it seemed that we actually could run the ball.  As we have gotten over to all BB recruits, suddenly we cannot run the ball.  Maybe BP didnt do too badly with his recruits. 

Anyway, its all merely interesting.  BP is at Louisville and BB is here.  BP has a Heisman Trophy winner and is overseeing nationally ranked program.  BB is struggling and will be lucky to go .500 this season.   BP is an a$$ to be sure.  BB is fun loving and a media darling at times. BP is a heck of a coach.  BB is....well....a coach.

Uh, I wouldn't choose the Auburn AD on that subject, he's fixing to be fighting for his job over keeping a softball coach.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-softball-scandal-allegations-jay-jacobs-statement

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 12, 2017, 05:06:29 pm
Interesting thought.

When I heard Long talk about firing Petrino, it was clearly a done deal. So I didn't agonize over it after that. I knew he was gone and not coming back. (Contrastingly, I'm still not over the TCU game.)

Did I like Petrino gone?...NO. I saw his last game. My son and I sat on the 50 yard line of the Cotton Bowl when we beat K-State. To paraphrase Jerry Jones "I liked that Cotton Bowl win...I liked that Cotton Bowl win very much." And the No. 5 final ranking.

Man, this thread is interesting reading. I'm kinda surprised I'm in the mood for it. What has been more polarizing for our fan base than the Petrino situation? He won a lot of games his last 2 years, I get it. What I wonder...WHAT IF Petrino had come clean to Long immediately after the bike wreck? (*The fact there was a police report, and Petrino didn't think about those details coming out, proved he had some smarts issues.) The school would have gotten a damage-control team together to put a serious spin on everything. Would they have tried to hide Blondie?...I don't know. Or, would they just tell Bobby to step up to the podium and unload everything? Who knows? BUT, the main thing that Long couldn't get over would not have been there. Would things have been different then? What happened was 95% on Petrino, 5% on Long.
I agree with you Tejano.  It is interesting.  I think we had caught lightening in a bottle with BP.  The conditions were right for him to bolt out of ATL because he had been led to believe that he would have MVick as a QB to run his system.  Vick was having his dog fighting/treatment problems and BP wasnt happy with the Falcons, so he bolted. 

He is a richard (what word is short for the name Richard?) to be sure, but the man could/can coach.  He had the program on the right track.  He had an affair.  Many coaches have affairs. He hired his mistress and she was paid with taxpayer $$$.  Thats not cool, but they could have made it work.

I always thought that BP might bolt from ARK the way he did ATL but then he signed that contract with the huge buyout that decreased each year and that showed me that he liked ARK and wanted to stay awhile.   We will never know how much higher he could have taken ARK with his brilliant play calling.   Maybe he had gone as high as he was going to go with the Hogs, but after the last 5 years, I can honestly say that as much as I may like BB as a person, I sure wish BP had stayed and we had gotten to see just what he could do after about 7 or 8 years.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 12, 2017, 05:39:52 pm
Uh, I wouldn't choose the Auburn AD on that subject, he's fixing to be fighting for his job over keeping a softball coach.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-softball-scandal-allegations-jay-jacobs-statement
oops ricepig, guess I put my foot in my mouth there.  I just thought of Auburn as a win at all costs program.  Maybe it was a bad analogy.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 12, 2017, 05:46:33 pm
I agree with you Tejano.  It is interesting.  I think we had caught lightening in a bottle with BP.  The conditions were right for him to bolt out of ATL because he had been led to believe that he would have MVick as a QB to run his system.  Vick was having his dog fighting/treatment problems and BP wasnt happy with the Falcons, so he bolted. 

He is a richard (what word is short for the name Richard?) to be sure, but the man could/can coach.  He had the program on the right track.  He had an affair.  Many coaches have affairs. He hired his mistress and she was paid with taxpayer $$$.  Thats not cool, but they could have made it work.

I always thought that BP might bolt from ARK the way he did ATL but then he signed that contract with the huge buyout that decreased each year and that showed me that he liked ARK and wanted to stay awhile.   We will never know how much higher he could have taken ARK with his brilliant play calling.   Maybe he had gone as high as he was going to go with the Hogs, but after the last 5 years, I can honestly say that as much as I may like BB as a person, I sure wish BP had stayed and we had gotten to see just what he could do after about 7 or 8 years.

I hope it wasn't  taxpayer $$$ because that would give our congressmen, senators, presidents, etc. ideas.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HawgLife

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 12, 2017, 05:27:45 pm
It is disingenuous at best to claim the mantle of integrity for making a decision that you would not have made if the other person had met conditions.

So, just so I'm clear, we're mad at Jeff Long because he fired Bobby Petrino. But, Jeff Long didn't want to fire Petrino, made an effort to keep him, and BP walked away from it. So, now we're mad that Jeff Long supposedly lied about not wanting to fire Petrino because he was more interested in building his own reputation. So much so that he secretly got a bunch of students to print t-shirts about his integrity.

Is all of that correct? Sorry, all of the ignorance is confusing.

ricepig

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 12, 2017, 05:47:30 pm
oops ricepig, guess I put my foot in my mouth there.  I just thought of Auburn as a win at all costs program.  Maybe it was a bad analogy.

Oh, they are, and it may cost the AD his job in the end.....

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on September 12, 2017, 05:51:52 pm
Oh, they are, and it may cost the AD his job in the end.....

They've always been a 'win at all costs' program, regardless of the AD.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgon

gchamblee

Quote from: GuvHog on September 12, 2017, 04:47:06 pm

I posted his personal notes which are public record. If you choose to ignore them that is on you. Once Bobby offered no help in defending his actions I have no trouble believing his options to stay were removed from the table and I have evidence to back that up (he was fired).

onebadrubi

Quote from: IronHog on September 12, 2017, 11:26:37 am
Most UA alumni bail to Dallas ASAP

Play to win or let A State have the helmet

bull.  You are just spouting at the sphincter and probably didn't even attend the U of A

onebadrubi

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 12, 2017, 01:10:47 pm
Petrino beat LSU in 2010 with a chance for a BCS game on the line.

Nutt lost to LSU in 2006 with a BCS and maybe more on the line.

Petrino figured out a way to avoid the bad loss in 2011. Nutt wouldn't have. 

It's those few extra wins that make the difference.  Neither ended up building a stable program.

You have forgotten the 2011 season badly.  I'll
Let you figure it out from there

GuvHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 12, 2017, 06:47:13 pm
You have forgotten the 2011 season badly.  I'll
Let you figure it out from there

You mean the season the hogs finished ranked #5 in the nation?? That was a great season. I believe it was the Hogs highest ranked finish since Lou Holtz's Hogs whipped OU in the Orange Bowl.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: GuvHog on September 12, 2017, 06:58:09 pm
You mean the season the hogs finished ranked #5 in the nation?? That was a great season. I believe it was the Hogs highest ranked finish since Lou Holtz's Hogs whipped OU in the Orange Bowl.

Hogs finished #3 that year....  I was a student on the hill then...  student body had so much pride....   WPS!!!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ricepig

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 12, 2017, 07:08:12 pm
Hogs finished #3 that year....  I was a student on the hill then...  student body had so much pride....   WPS!!!

Yep, went to the Orange Bowl and to St Louis to the Final 4, I figured every season would be like that!

onebadrubi

Quote from: GuvHog on September 12, 2017, 06:58:09 pm

I knew you weren't smart enough

GuvHog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 12, 2017, 07:08:12 pm

Yeah, that was indeed a great year! I actually thought they finished #2 that year. My bad.

Cinco de Hogo

Well ya'll certainly don't need me to hit every corner of the map.  By the way those pastors would have been more than likely mafia henchmen...from Dallas.

Swestwill66

10 win seasons, I remember, I remember

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 11, 2017, 09:18:44 pm
"I told him what must be done to remain employed at the University of Arkansas. He told me to go Frank myself with the mini bat on the shelf behind my desk," sounds like press conference material.
;D gd, dude, you made me choke-cough laugh.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

redneckfriend

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on September 12, 2017, 05:34:48 pm
Exactly.  The whole thing was handled in an incredibly self defeating, amateurish manner.  And  yes, it was all common knowledge beforehand.

I love the experts on this board. Literally "everyone" knew Bobby P. was screwing a girl he recommended for a legitimate position. I mean it was common knowledge- Long knew it, the chancellor knew it, the president knew it-go Bobby! and does she have a sister? So what was the problem for goodness sake? I mean why fire a coach who could beat everyone but Alabama? Did Long just have a death wish or was his attachment to integrity so great that when the whole sordid thing came out he just had to pretend to St. Jeff the pious? If you know Long knew put your money where your mouth is and prove it. If he did know he should have been fired along with Bobby but I think, unless you can prove it, you ought to careful with the libel.