Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did JL really offer Petrino a deal?

Started by lakecityhog, September 11, 2017, 09:00:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoghearted

The woman he hired had been working for the foundation prior to becoming involved with him. She possessed the minimum qualities for the job described, and could be considered a 'minority' hire, due to her gender. I think it was a stupid/dumb move for Petrino to hire her, but it's nothing Arkansas hasn't seen before (think Wilbur Mills). So, she was hired, she had the credentials, Long signed off on the hire (I will not engage in a debate on whether he had any inkling they were lovers).

Petrino deserved the firing, due to the fact that he embarrassed the university that employed him. I have always maintained another route could have been taken, but if Petrino refused to comply with the demands made in order to keep his job, then he made his own bed. I truly believe that he thought himself invincible; witness how Razorback fans will defend to the last their coaches especially winning coaches. He badly miscalculated and lost.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Nosboar Accubond

redneckfriend

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 12, 2017, 11:53:49 am
I love the "actual graduates" opinion matters idea.  Here's an idea, why don't we let the teaching faculty and students coach the team and call the plays?  I mean, if their opinion matters so much, why not just have mathlete events in that stadium on Saturdays instead?  The whole State supports the Razorbacks.  If we didn't, they would be A-State at best and Fayetteville would still be a backwater town.  The athletics are what bind us ALL to the program and University.  Don't believe me or don't care, stop playing football tomorrow and see what happens to the beloved university in the eyes of the State. 

Miss the point if you want, it's your prerogative. The "actual graduates" category is to suggest that the University of Arkansas is something more than a football team. Now I know that is a shocking idea to some but true nonetheless. The "actual graduates" have a stake in the school's reputation that goes beyond the fact that it happens to field athletic teams and Petrino's actions, beyond wins and losses, harmed that reputation.

I also know there is going to be an honest difference in viewpoint between those who see the University as nothing more than a state football team and those who see it as a part of their resume that impacts their livelihood but I would hope the former understand the fact that the idea of "integrity" might matter to the latter- at least in the case of something as egregious as Bobby Petrino.

ricepig

Quote from: IronHog on September 12, 2017, 11:58:15 am
The north Dallas NWA Razorbacks are what they are......

That's funny, while driving up Saturday I followed/passed a multitude of cars coming along I-40, it that the way people in Dallas drive to Fayetteville?

GuvHog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 12, 2017, 11:43:58 am
He embarrassed the University which was a breach of contract and was cause for termination
He supplemented an assistant salary with personal money which was a breach of contract and cause for termination
He lied to his boss and the media in a press conference that he called himself

You clam there was no reason to fire the man. You are the one who looks ignorant.

He did not embarrass the University.
He gave Jessica some money from his private account and it had nothing to do with her salary so was not a breach of contract.
His boss knew about the affair and lied when he claimed he didn't.

Like I said keep kissing Jeff's backside.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

redneckfriend

Quote from: hoghearted on September 12, 2017, 12:18:26 pm
The woman he hired had been working for the foundation prior to becoming involved with him. She possessed the minimum qualities for the job described, and could be considered a 'minority' hire, due to her gender. I think it was a stupid/dumb move for Petrino to hire her, but it's nothing Arkansas hasn't seen before (think Wilbur Mills). So, she was hired, she had the credentials, Long signed off on the hire (I will not engage in a debate on whether he had any inkling they were lovers).

Petrino deserved the firing, due to the fact that he embarrassed the university that employed him. I have always maintained another route could have been taken, but if Petrino refused to comply with the demands made in order to keep his job, then he made his own bed. I truly believe that he thought himself invincible; witness how Razorback fans will defend to the last their coaches especially winning coaches. He badly miscalculated and lost.

I agree with all that but it doesn't change the facts of what he did. And, as to Long, I very much doubt Long knew what was going on when he signed off. If that was the case he embarrassed Long by making him complicit in the whole thing since Long's signature is on her hiring documents. If it had been me that would have been the final straw- but maybe I place too much emphasis to how much my reputation depends on my "integrity".

HawgTrough

Member when Petrino was here and we won 21 games in a two year span? Oh I member
WPS

IronHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 12, 2017, 12:25:19 pm
That's funny, while driving up Saturday I followed/passed a multitude of cars coming along I-40, it that the way people in Dallas drive to Fayetteville?

Not everyone has let go of the rope I guess 😄
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: HawgTrough on September 12, 2017, 12:32:51 pm
Member when Petrino was here and we won 21 games in a two year span? Oh I member

Watched Bobby coach Saturday.  He's good

GuvHog

Quote from: redneckfriend on September 12, 2017, 12:31:30 pm
I agree with all that but it doesn't change the facts of what he did. And, as to Long, I very much doubt Long knew what was going on when he signed off. If that was the case he embarrassed Long by making him complicit in the whole thing since Long's signature is on her hiring documents. If it had been me that would have been the final straw- but maybe I place too much emphasis to how much my reputation depends on my "integrity".

There's no doubt in my mind that Long knew about the affair when he signed off on Jessica's hire. There have been multiple people that have stated that everyone in the BAC, the coaching staff, and all of the players knew about the affair when it happened.

Fan1958

May be mentioned in one of the responses but the best I remember is Long, obviously knowing the truth of what happened, asked BP if BP had "told him everything" and BP said "yes." Knowing the truth and knowing BP hadn't "told him everything", Long had no choice but to can BP. Had BP fessed up then and there, Long probably would have kept him.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

hoghearted

Quote from: redneckfriend on September 12, 2017, 12:31:30 pm

Indeed, it doesn't change anything. I was speaking to several points: 'theft' of money, 'potential lawsuits', valid grounds for dismissal, Petrino's seeing himself as 'untouchable', etc.

People act like this hasn't happened in Arkansas before. Granted, not at the university, but getting caught with your sidepiece is nothing new to Arkansans.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

redneckfriend

Quote from: GuvHog on September 12, 2017, 12:37:20 pm
There's no doubt in my mind that Long knew about the affair when he signed off on Jessica's hire. There have been multiple people that have stated that everyone in the BAC, the coaching staff, and all of the players knew about the affair when it happened.

I don't know if you actually know something or not but if Long did know then Long should have been fired as well since he abetted Bobby's theft (and yes, paying a woman you are b....ing out of university coffers with a wink and a nod is "theft"- calling it "conflict of interest" is like calling Harvey a tropical squall).

phadedhawg

Wow, a lot of interesting-ish information-y things in this thread.  It delivers!  I'm not sure the accuracy of "common knowledge" I can only attest to not knowing about Bobby Petrino's fondness for subordinates before his motorcycle wreck.  The image of our coach wearing that stupid neck-brace in that press conference is not one I will forget any time soon.  Seeing that lead on Sportscenter was a cringe moment.  Finding out he lied, during what appeared to be a hastily called PC, was bad form.  Questions of complicity involving the State Police were a bad look too.  I think some are too laser focused on the great matter and fail to remember the toxic cloud that gathered around the great matter. 

What I find truly interesting is the myth of the "Bobby Petrino Golden Era of Arkansas Football".  This will kill his disciple's ears to hear but what did he do that Houston Nutt did not?   Style of play more exciting?  Maybe, that's debatable.  Matt Jones and the DMac eras were very exciting.  A brief ranking in the top 10?  Nutt did that in his first year.  Nutt took us to two SEC Championship games and was competitive in one of them...R. Fish....

Both had character issues involving women who were not their wives.  I would bet a large share of the crowd that still mourns for Petrino, probably thought Nutt's texts to Donna were cause to have him fired (granted there were many more reasons beyond that) 

I'm not rabid angry about Bret, I'm just bored with him.  I'm bored with this stubborn philosophy, bored with the caustic fan base's reaction to every loss.  Most coaches do not work out.  Almost every coach will be fired.  Every athletic director will hire a coach they will have to fire.  I don't see how any of this falls on Jeff Long's lap beyond the fact he will be the person to fire Bret end of this year or end of next. 

Most schools fire their coach if presented with similar circumstances.  Most athletic directors who recognize a valuable football coach would explore options of retaining a coach in a similar circumstance.  When those options are unsuccessful you put as much distance between you (university) and the offending out of favor head coach.  Do I hold Jeff Long responsible for making the best of a crappy situation he was handed?  Not even...I'm glad he was there to stage manage Petrino's inflicted disaster. 

Does losing suck?  Of course.  But losing doesn't change the facts of yesterday.  It is what it is and we have to move on.   

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on September 12, 2017, 12:37:20 pm

So, it's ok for you to know that Long knew about the affair, but others can't know that Petrino was given options to stay. I'd call that Guv logic, lol.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 12, 2017, 01:05:32 pm
Wow, a lot of interesting-ish information-y things in this thread.  It delivers!  I'm not sure the accuracy of "common knowledge" I can only attest to not knowing about Bobby Petrino's fondness for subordinates before his motorcycle wreck.  The image of our coach wearing that stupid neck-brace in that press conference is not one I will forget any time soon.  Seeing that lead on Sportscenter was a cringe moment.  Finding out he lied, during what appeared to be a hastily called PC, was bad form.  Questions of complicity involving the State Police were a bad look too.  I think some are too laser focused on the great matter and fail to remember the toxic cloud that gathered around the great matter. 

What I find truly interesting is the myth of the "Bobby Petrino Golden Era of Arkansas Football".  This will kill his disciple's ears to hear but what did he do that Houston Nutt did not?   Style of play more exciting?  Maybe, that's debatable.  Matt Jones and the DMac eras were very exciting.  A brief ranking in the top 10?  Nutt did that in his first year.  Nutt took us to two SEC Championship games and was competitive in one of them...R. Fish....

Both had character issues involving women who were not their wives.  I would bet a large share of the crowd that still mourns for Petrino, probably thought Nutt's texts to Donna were cause to have him fired (granted there were many more reasons beyond that) 

I'm not rabid angry about Bret, I'm just bored with him.  I'm bored with this stubborn philosophy, bored with the caustic fan base's reaction to every loss.  Most coaches do not work out.  Almost every coach will be fired.  Every athletic director will hire a coach they will have to fire.  I don't see how any of this falls on Jeff Long's lap beyond the fact he will be the person to fire Bret end of this year or end of next. 

Most schools fire their coach if presented with similar circumstances.  Most athletic directors who recognize a valuable football coach would explore options of retaining a coach in a similar circumstance.  When those options are unsuccessful you put as much distance between you (university) and the offending out of favor head coach.  Do I hold Jeff Long responsible for making the best of a crappy situation he was handed?  Not even...I'm glad he was there to stage manage Petrino's inflicted disaster. 

Does losing suck?  Of course.  But losing doesn't change the facts of yesterday.  It is what it is and we have to move on.

Petrino beat LSU in 2010 with a chance for a BCS game on the line.

Nutt lost to LSU in 2006 with a BCS and maybe more on the line.

Petrino figured out a way to avoid the bad loss in 2011. Nutt wouldn't have. 

It's those few extra wins that make the difference.  Neither ended up building a stable program. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

solitons

Quote from: hoghearted on September 12, 2017, 12:18:26 pm

I am not sure if he deserved the firing, everybody knows that he did it wrong.
but if we compare to bill clinton's affair, and Clinton didn't get fired. so I'll say Long didn't handle well, there are many options to punish BP if Long worked hard to save our program.

hogcard1964

It'll be interesting to witness how Bielema is remembered and talked about in January of 2018 or January of 2019.

WilsonHog

Quote from: redneckfriend on September 12, 2017, 12:11:15 pm
No, you have a real problem if that is how you see it. He was not just a representative of the school and the state, but as the head coach in a football mad state, possibly the most visible representative. So I would say that "not one sane person" thinks Bobby Petrino didn't debase the school and the state by his actions.

Having a moral compass is somewhat important for everyone if society is going to function (and I'm no prude- I really don't care if he is having an private affair- that is between himself and his wife). But when a prominent person abuses his position and authority by using money that isn't his to hire a woman for his own personal (shall we be clear and say carnal) use then that moral failing reflects on the entire system if it isn't addressed. It certainly reflects on the school and the moral standards it expects from its employees.

I'm sorry- perhaps I didn't understand the situation exactly. If the $55,000 salary, or whatever it was, was paid out Bobby's own pocket then I misprized him and I humbly apologize and beg his forgiveness.

Here's the truth of it. Had Long kept Petrino, a few women might have complained for a bit, but after we won the first football game the following September, no one would have cared.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 12, 2017, 08:56:55 am
I don't  think he called for that press conference.   Im sure if it was up to him he would have waited for the road rash to at least heal

Actually he probably saw the positive response that all of the New Orleans folks received after they continually, for years, held their arms, and kept crying "Katrina "....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

solitons

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 12, 2017, 01:17:45 pm
Here's the truth of it. Had Long kept Petrino, a few women might have complained for a bit, but after we won the first football game the following September, no one would have cared.
EXACTLY!!+1

redneckfriend

No doubt that is true since no one mentions it when Louisville plays now on national television and that is a sad thing. And it is the reason Long did the right thing by standing up for that now a much pilloried word that, on this site at least, seems to have taken on a definition that is the polar opposite of what you find in a dictionary: "integrity". Some, it seems, are placed above the law.

PonderinHog

I think feralhog (RIP) stated the he didn't need a football coach to teach his child about morality.  They're (almost) all mercenaries at this level, paid to do a job - which is to win.

Potosihog

The truth is if Bobby wasn't such a jerk to everyone around him he would have kept his job.  Did they have plenty of reason to fire him?  Absolutely.

Was it the only option?  Absolutely not.

He had worn out his welcome in spite of his winning percentage.  I just hope we find a "nice guy" who also knows how to win.

Sivad

The absolute truth.

GuvHog

Quote from: Potosihog on September 12, 2017, 02:11:33 pm
The truth is if Bobby wasn't such a jerk to everyone around him he would have kept his job.  Did they have plenty of reason to fire him?  Absolutely.

Was it the only option?  Absolutely not.

He had worn out his welcome in spite of his winning percentage.  I just hope we find a "nice guy" who also knows how to win.

That's no excuse. It was well known that Bobby was a jerk when he was hired. He wasn't hired to kiss babies, be a glad hander, or be "Mr. Personality", he was hired to WIN while running a clean program and that's what he did.

GuvHog

Mike Irwin

A close friend of Petrino's said that Petrino told him he could have stayed but he had to agree to a reworked contract that would have made him agree to some specific conditions. Supposedly there were some pastors sitting in on the meeting and Petrino refused to discuss anything with Long until they left. According to Petrino's friend after he had read the conditions on the amended contract Petrino said, "You're trying to turn me into a Monk."

Long immediately dismissed him and Petrino went home. Later he had second thoughts and tried to call Long but Long wouldn't take his call. Not long after that Petrino was notified through a personal message delivered to his house that he had been fired.

In the days after that Petrino admitted to his friend that he had started to think of himself as untouchable. Hog fans were so grateful for a winning team that they would never allow him to be fired.

The man who told this story was personal friends with Petrino. I verified that. I do not know if he was telling the truth but I cannot imagine why he would create such a story if it wasn't true. Long has never addressed this story but some of his people in the athletic department have denied it.

hoghearted

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 12, 2017, 02:42:39 pm
A close friend of Petrino's said that Petrino told him he could have stayed but he had to agree to a reworked contract that would have made him agree to some specific conditions. Supposedly there were some pastors sitting in on the meeting and Petrino refused to discuss anything with Long until they left. According to Petrino's friend after he had read the conditions on the amended contract Petrino said, "You're trying to turn me into a Monk."

Long immediately dismissed him and Petrino went home. Later he had second thoughts and tried to call Long but Long wouldn't take his call. Not long after that Petrino was notified through a personal message delivered to his house that he had been fired.

In the days after that Petrino admitted to his friend that he had started to think of himself as untouchable. Hog fans were so grateful for a winning team that they would never allow him to be fired.

The man who told this story was personal friends with Petrino. I verified that. I do not know if he was telling the truth but I cannot imagine why he would create such a story if it wasn't true. Long has never addressed this story but some of his people in the athletic department have denied it.

Exactly as I said.

But why in tarnation were there pastors at a meeting between Long and Petrino? That is wholly inappropriate.

Regardless, Petrino hanged himself with his arrogance. What. An. Idiot.

WilsonHog

Quote from: redneckfriend on September 12, 2017, 01:46:10 pm
No doubt that is true since no one mentions it when Louisville plays now on national television and that is a sad thing. And it is the reason Long did the right thing by standing up for that now a much pilloried word that, on this site at least, seems to have taken on a definition that is the polar opposite of what you find in a dictionary: "integrity". Some, it seems, are placed above the law.

Ask yourself this question: if the motorcycle wreck hadn't happened and brought everything publicly to light, would Petrino have been fired?

Unfortunately, coaches are human. Does Bielema have a woman on the side? I neither know nor care. That's his business. Does he enjoy a fifth of vodka every night? I neither know nor care. Now, if he gets out and is arrested for a DWI, then I care; it puts UA in a bad light and could potentially impact recruiting.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 12, 2017, 02:51:36 pm
Ask yourself this question: if the motorcycle wreck hadn't happened and brought everything publicly to light, would Petrino have been fired?

Unfortunately, coaches are human. Does Bielema have a woman on the side? I neither know nor care. That's his business. Does he enjoy a fifth of vodka every night? I neither know nor care. Now, if he gets out and is arrested for a DWI, then I care; it puts UA in a bad light and could potentially impact recruiting.

If it affects their job performance I care.

2011 season had a few close calls against inferior opponents.  Some awful halves of football.   The SC game that season was a complete performance.  Otherwise while Bobby diddled we were erratic.  Good and fortunate enough to overcome.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hoghearted on September 12, 2017, 12:53:41 pm
Indeed, it doesn't change anything. I was speaking to several points: 'theft' of money, 'potential lawsuits', valid grounds for dismissal, Petrino's seeing himself as 'untouchable', etc.

People act like this hasn't happened in Arkansas before. Granted, not at the university, but getting caught with your sidepiece is nothing new to Arkansans.

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Gonzo

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 12, 2017, 02:57:19 pm

2011 season had a few close calls against inferior opponents.  Some awful halves of football.   The SC game that season was a complete performance.  Otherwise while Bobby diddled we were erratic.  Good and fortunate enough to overcome.   

Not meant as a defense of BP, but regardless of outside influences/interests/affairs/binges/whatever, how many teams DON'T do that pretty much every year? Very few. Practically every team has high points and low points throughout the season, even if the coach is "all business". BB's teams have been all over the road (no pun intended), does that mean he has something he's hiding on the side?

Go Hogs!

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 11, 2017, 09:00:06 pm
It seems that in another thread I read that during the Petrino fiasco JL actually offered Petrino a way to keep his job. Is that true or just rumor? Anyone know any of the details of the offer?

If this is true and that Petrino turned down the JL offer, was integrity an after-thought? Is this just one more example of hype over truth?
You go listen to the speech. "Jeff Long fires Bobby Petrino".  Go to just before the 10 minit mark. :) Many on here and in the press knew of the backroom dealings where Bobby told Jeff he was trying to make a monk out of him with his demands. So there were deals or offers made to Petrino and at that 10 minit mark Jeff Long directly lies about it.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Gonzo on September 12, 2017, 03:21:19 pm

Not meant as a defense of BP, but regardless of outside influences/interests/affairs/binges/whatever, how many teams DON'T do that pretty much every year? Very few. Practically every team has high points and low points throughout the season, even if the coach is "all business". BB's teams have been all over the road (no pun intended), does that mean he has something he's hiding on the side?

Go Hogs!

The affair may or may not have played a role in so many poor starts that season like the penalty fest we celebrated in Oxford.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 12, 2017, 02:57:19 pm

Yes, but that's difficult to tease out. How much does that phone call or that extra glass of vodka cost in the fourth quarter on Saturday? I don't know. Besides, I've never bought into the notion that I expect the Razorback football coach, whoever he is, to be completely devoted to football 18 hours a day, seven days a week. I'm not in my job; I suspect very few Razorback fans are in theirs.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 12, 2017, 03:25:04 pm
Yes, but that's difficult to tease out. How much does that phone call or that extra glass of vodka cost in the fourth quarter on Saturday? I don't know. Besides, I've never bought into the notion that I expect the Razorback football coach, whoever he is, to be completely devoted to football 18 hours a day, seven days a week. I'm not in my job; I suspect very few Razorback fans are in theirs.

I don't expect it. Work life balance is good. 

wachhog

Quote from: redneckfriend on September 12, 2017, 10:54:15 am
I see there are those on here who are still kissing Bobby Petrino's backside.  My view is this. Bobby Petrino is a snake and a man of low character. Those who defend him and suggest he should have remained Arkansas' coach forget that the University of Arkansas is NOT chartered by the state to provide Saturday entertainment to a bunch of people who never even attended, much less graduated from the university. It is tasked with providing higher education to those who are accepted and to provide the state with lawyers, doctors, accountants, teachers etc.

I understand that many fans have no relationship to the university except the sports teams but those people should be smart enough to understand that Petrino was a representative of the university as a whole and, as such, the state of Arkansas and he abused his position, in fact he pretty much debased the school and the state by his actions. To rationalize his behavior because he won football games puts people who do that, in my opinion, in the same category of character as Bobby himself. Further I would really like to know how many actual graduates of the university, bachelor's degree or graduate degree, actually think Bobby Petrino should have been retained as coach.
Here's 1. BA from UA; MBA from elsewhere.
Shoulda  kept him.

Gonzo

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 12, 2017, 03:23:50 pm
The affair may or may not have played a role in so many poor starts that season like the penalty fest we celebrated in Oxford.

Absolutely. In other words, you don't know one way or the other, just like me.

Go Hogs!

hawgon

I expect them to do the amount of work necessary whether that is 18 hours or 8.  He has no clock.  He goes home when he feels he has done everything reasonably necessary to win.  He should also keep in mind what guys like Nick Saban are doing.

As for Dorrell being responsible for Petrino's distracted performance, if that is the case, and if 2011 was an example of a distracted performance, then we need to get Bert a girlfriend.

wachhog

Quote from: hoghearted on September 12, 2017, 12:53:41 pm

Yeah, seems like it happened to a president....
And, like him or not, he's still Arkansas' best claim to fame. Otherwise, we'd be Mississippi.

Porked Tongue

I have no doubts BP would have gone done in flames one way or the other.  He had one other strong skeleton in that closet and one he was afraid of it leaked.  He was afraid of coming clean with JL for more reasons than just Jessica.

Note:  Please quit quoting Guv's posts.  You're ruining my blockage of his existence.

HogFoo

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on September 11, 2017, 09:19:01 pm
The media received leaks right up to the firing PC that Petrino was staying.

Now, these are just rumors that were floating around the media room...but...

According to some, Jeff Long was planning on keeping Petrino, but some big money boosters wanted a personal apology.  It was a couple of people that are community leaders, so I was told.  Bobby P. was willing to apologize but not to grovel for his job to these men.  He basically told them to...well...

So, Jeff fired him.

Now, is any of that true?  I don't know.  However, that was the talk among some of my fellow media people.
I had heard something similar to this.  There is a reason why Jeff long looked upset at the presser that night.  It was because he couldn't believe that Petrino wouldn't  accept the consequences for his actions.  He was gonna take Petrino back. To "save face" to make it look like he was being punished Long was to make Petrino also have no off campus recruiting, and something else I forget now.. anyways.  Petrino wouldn't agree to it.  Basically said F you and that was that.  But yeah, Long was gonna take Petrino back. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

HamIAm

When you excuse behavior because of results you end up with the type situation Baylor finds itself in.

gchamblee

Quote from: Gonzo on September 12, 2017, 03:21:19 pm

Go Hogs!

Yes. I'm still waiting on them to find the decaying/rotting corpse of the man that went to school at and played football for Iowa named Bret Bielema so we can figure out who this intruder is that stole his identity and pretended to be a football coach.

IronHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 12, 2017, 02:42:39 pm

I'm a little disappointed to lean BP had things like friends and a mistress

Always figured he sat in the dark alone listening to death metal drawing up plays.

gchamblee

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on September 12, 2017, 03:23:50 pm
You go listen to the speech. "Jeff Long fires Bobby Petrino".  Go to just before the 10 minit mark. :) Many on here and in the press knew of the backroom dealings where Bobby told Jeff he was trying to make a monk out of him with his demands. So there were deals or offers made to Petrino and at that 10 minit mark Jeff Long directly lies about it.

I love how you are trying to roast Jeff for a lie, but would suck everyones willy if they would only forgive Bobby for his big lies lol.

IronHog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 12, 2017, 03:46:40 pm
Yes. I'm still waiting on them to find the decaying/rotting corpse of the man that went to school at and played football for Iowa named Bret Bielema so we can figure out who this intruder is that stole his identity and pretended to be a football coach.

BB is suffering from burnout.  Shows all the signs .

gchamblee

12247 would like to have a word with you

Gonzo

Quote from: gchamblee on September 12, 2017, 03:46:40 pm

Uh, ok

Go Hogs!