Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did JL really offer Petrino a deal?

Started by lakecityhog, September 11, 2017, 09:00:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig Power

311Hog

PorkRinds

Quote from: Razorbax on September 13, 2017, 12:33:16 pm
We are not arguing who had what and where......Below you state " One can't say exactly how BP was involved"' but you still want to lay it at his feet. Evidently, the NCAA and his conference agreed with your statement on his involvement. Unless you are implying another "hint" of a conspiracy? A coverup by the ACC and NCAA. With the, now low bar on the definition of a "hint" (any accusation regardless of how unprovable), maybe Bigfoot stole it and gave it to the aliens who then, gave it to CBP. Along with all the hints floating in the ether.

Sorry if your unsure what "hint" means. Your team having the other teams playbook is a "hint" in the real world. Continue in fantasy land if you wish.

Razorbax

Fantasyland? You agree there is no proof of CBP's guilt, yet it is a hint of his guilt because someone had the playbook? The old guilt by association.
Yeah, I know what "hint" means. The difference is your definition, despite how salacious and unproven it is, that "hint" must be a small sign of guilt. Anything and everything said has the same weight regardless of accuracy or proof. If your world requires the burden of proof to shift and forces one to defend negatives, I'll stay in fantasyland where all the "hints" of Bigfoot, Aliens and other conspiracies are not taken seriously if they do not meet the burden of proof.
Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 12:39:27 pm
Sorry if your unsure what "hint" means. Your team having the other teams playbook is a "hint" in the real world. Continue in fantasy land if you wish.

Razorbax

I think she married her former boyfriend. The same one who, some believe, beat CBP up.
Quote from: Pig Power on September 13, 2017, 12:37:46 pm
So where is the girl at today?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Razorbax on September 13, 2017, 12:59:21 pm
Fantasyland? You agree there is no proof of CBP's guilt, yet it is a hint of his guilt because someone had the playbook? The old guilt by association.
Yeah, I know what "hint" means. The difference is your definition, despite how salacious and unproven it is, that "hint" must be a small sign of guilt. Anything and everything said has the same weight regardless of accuracy or proof. If your world requires the burden of proof to shift and forces one to defend negatives, I'll stay in fantasyland where all the "hints" of Bigfoot, Aliens and other conspiracies are not taken seriously if they do not meet the burden of proof.

I see you're still struggling with the concept of the word hint.

hint
hint/Submit
noun
1. a slight or indirect indication or suggestion.

You saying his coaches having the other teams playbook isn't a slight or indirect indication that cheating was happening? If so, I can't help but laugh.

HoggyCat

Quote from: gchamblee on September 13, 2017, 11:05:17 am
I will say this. I miss Bobby.

Bielema actually makes me miss Nutt, getting close to missing JLS.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Razorbax

Someone having a playbook has nothing to do with CBP. You keep pushing guilt by association. His coaches are not him. The NCAA and ACC found nothing to investigate. Only in your world is an accusation equals a hint of guilt. If I called you an asshat (Not that I think so), by your definition, that is a hint that you are one. OTOH, I would argue if I cannot bring tangible evidence you are one, this "hint" means nothing. 
Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 01:06:02 pm
I see you're still struggling with the concept of the word hint.

hint
hint/Submit
noun
1. a slight or indirect indication or suggestion.

You saying his coaches having the other teams playbook isn't a slight or indirect indication that cheating was happening? If so, I can't help but laugh.

Razorbax

LOL...It has really been tough if we look back at the John L's one year fondly.
Quote from: HoggyCat on September 13, 2017, 01:13:40 pm
Bielema actually makes me miss Nutt, getting close to missing JLS.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Razorbax on September 13, 2017, 01:20:45 pm
Someone having a playbook has nothing to do with CBP. You keep pushing guilt by association. His coaches are not him. The NCAA and ACC found nothing to investigate. Only in your world is an accusation equals a hint of guilt. If I called you an asshat (Not that I think so), by your definition, that is a hint that you are one. OTOH, I would argue if I cannot bring tangible evidence you are one, this "hint" means nothing.

I totally get that you don't get it. And I'm ok with it.

Razorbax

I get the contrarian schtick. Not my first rodeo.
Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 01:23:21 pm

PorkRinds

Quote from: Razorbax on September 13, 2017, 01:27:32 pm
I get the contrarian schtick. Not my first rodeo.

It's a reality schtick. You'd be well served by recognizing it.

Razorbax

Pompous to boot.....Have a good one.
Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 01:44:22 pm
It's a reality schtick. You'd be well served by recognizing it.

Sivad

Quote from: GuvHog on September 13, 2017, 11:09:27 am
There was never a possibility of lawsuits or institutional control problems, that has been proven.
The whole "threat of lawsuits" was always a fantasy. They could have still filed them (although there were never any legitimate plaintiffs or real damages) even after he was fired.

gchamblee

Quote from: HotlantaHog on September 13, 2017, 12:01:26 pm
Stealing a playbook is about the level of offense as the New England Patriots committed ... illegal videotaping or not inflating the balls correctly .... it's like the pitcher who sneaks in some substance .... it is an offense but hardly the end of the world.

And when we thought the sound guy on the sideline was cheating at the bama game? you guys lost your darn an wanted heads to roll lol. Double standards galore.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 01:23:21 pm

Yea you seem to let things go over your head quite often. 

Do you know that Petrino knew about the playbook?  If you don't then your hint is worthless.   As is, do you know that Petrino really knew exactly what was going down when the plane from the plains landed in Louisville or that he should have in some way talked to players that were not present before he got on that plane to Arkansas(on Jerry Jones summons).  Maybe you don't KNOW he actually took the time to leave a note on each players locker.  Would Lord Saban have done something different. 

You people started roasting Petrino the day he accepted the job and you didn't stop until he was fired(happiest day of your sorry existence).  Funny how quickly he left all that behind him when got away from your sainthood. 

BrianG

:Dwow.  Current coach is such a disappointment as  coach and fat slob a part of the fan base would rather have a guy who treated people badly.  Thought he was invincible.  Treated his family badly.  You talk about a train wreck.  And this according to Long should be the state of Arkansas' one and only.  Lord help us all.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on September 13, 2017, 04:37:38 pm
Yea you seem to let things go over your head quite often. 

Do you know that Petrino knew about the playbook?  If you don't then your hint is worthless.   As is, do you know that Petrino really knew exactly what was going down when the plane from the plains landed in Louisville or that he should have in some way talked to players that were not present before he got on that plane to Arkansas(on Jerry Jones summons).  Maybe you don't KNOW he actually took the time to leave a note on each players locker.  Would Lord Saban have done something different. 

You people started roasting Petrino the day he accepted the job and you didn't stop until he was fired(happiest day of your sorry existence).  Funny how quickly he left all that behind him when got away from your sainthood.

I came here the day he wrecked his motorcycle, fanboy.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on September 13, 2017, 09:42:50 am
If CBP ever wanted an ego boost all he'd have to do is come here. We still haven't gotten over him as a fanbase. Almost everyone I talk to wishes he would not have effed up and was still the coach. But he's not. Move on.

I'll move on only when Jeff Long is gone.

lakecityhog

Half the people on this site need to be on Ritalin! This thread is not about Petrino, it's about Long!!

Just how much actual integrity does he have? If he was willing to even semi-sweep that whole saga under the carpet he would not quite be "doing it the right way"!

It's like every thread that even mentions BP turns into another huge argument over right and wrong.

IF and I do say IF, BB craps the bed this year and next will JL still keep him even though we are graduating players, we don't have major flare-ups with the law and our APR stays in the top 5 or 6 of the SEC? Does back to back 6 win seasons earn BB an extension? Does a 6 win season and a 5 win season or 2 seasons of 5 wins get him fired?

Where is the line between winning and integrity cross???

onebadrubi

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 13, 2017, 07:54:04 pm
Half the people on this site need to be on Ritalin! This thread is not about Petrino, it's about Long!!

Just how much actual integrity does he have? If he was willing to even semi-sweep that whole saga under the carpet he would not quite be "doing it the right way"!

It's like every thread that even mentions BP turns into another huge argument over right and wrong.

IF and I do say IF, BB craps the bed this year and next will JL still keep him even though we are graduating players, we don't have major flare-ups with the law and our APR stays in the top 5 or 6 of the SEC? Does back to back 6 win seasons earn BB an extension? Does a 6 win season and a 5 win season or 2 seasons of 5 wins get him fired?

Where is the line between winning and integrity cross???

8 wins in my opinion

RideTillIDieHawg

Can't believe how much one incident can destroy an entire football program.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on December 06, 2017, 04:25:36 am
Can't believe how much one incident can destroy an entire football program.

This was the last thing left for this week. Resurrecting an old BP thread.
This is my non-signature signature.