Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are we the worst team in the SEC

Started by BigSexyHog, September 09, 2017, 08:39:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSexyHog

I didn't want to accept it but we most likely are. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

010HogFan

after watching some others, I think we are...

Quickdraw

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Dark Helmet Hog

As of today. Yes. Could change but that would require coaching.

hawgon

Atlhogfan1

Not settled.  OM and UK not so impressive today.  Mizzou. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Danny J

I think right now on a truly neutral field I would be hard pressed to think we could beat any other SEC team...as of right now. Things may change but I just can't see how. Teams are gonna stack the box and force our passing game to beat them. Just don't see it happening right now. Our entire passing game from blocking to timing is as bad as it has been in many many years

jimhog

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 09, 2017, 08:59:19 pm
Not settled.  OM and UK not so impressive today.  Mizzou. 

Ole Miss looked like stir fried crap for a half. No defense.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

JackTNHogfan

Would have a shot to beat Vandy or Kentucky but that's probably it.  We are certainly in the cellar. 

hawgon

Every SEC team has the athletes to stop the run.  If we can't get a passing game together, there is no one we can beat.

TheEnemy

A&M is struggling with Nichol's St.

No telling how bad of a letter Sumlin's wife writes this week.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 09, 2017, 09:00:27 pm
Ole Miss looked like stir fried crap for a half. No defense.

At least you have Patterson. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Ben

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

popcornhog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on September 09, 2017, 08:39:32 pm
I didn't want to accept it but we most likely are.

We are pretty bad but I think Mizzou and Kentucky will be battling for that title. A&M might be in the mix, too. Then we are probably better than Ole Miss, too.

We're well in the bottom half it looks like, but I don't think quite at the cellar.
WPS

HardCore

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on September 09, 2017, 09:01:06 pm
Would have a shot to beat Vandy or Kentucky but that's probably it.  We are certainly in the cellar. 
Two teams not even on our schedule.  It's a crap shoot with either of them anyway
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 09, 2017, 09:02:38 pm
At least you have Patterson. 

True. I don't know what's happened to Allen. He's not All-SEC, but he's more talented than we've seen the last two outings.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Michael_E_Davis

It looked like we were.  That is the worst I have seen the hogs play, at least that I can remember.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Danny J

Quote from: hawgon on September 09, 2017, 09:02:07 pm
Every SEC team has the athletes to stop the run.  If we can't get a passing game together, there is no one we can beat.
And what's worse is our running game isn't very good even when the D plays straight up. This O line as a unit looks worse than last year and that is saying something.

jswineberiaskirk

jgphillips3

Locutus_of_Boar

The worst team will be decided 14 days from today in Arlington.  Arkansas and A&M have very similar schedules and the loser will end up 7th in the west and close to the worst record in the league.

Rockinghog

I think we are the worst. We can't block 3 rushers with 5 linemen and our 3 man front gets no pass rush.  Why bother with kicking field goals?

go hogues

If it recruits like the worst and gets beat by TCU AT HOME like the worst...
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Cinco de Hogo

Never been in a cellar by myself, their is usually room for more than one team. 

I think the only pertinent question is, are we below average.

Are we?

Andrew Hogfan

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 09, 2017, 09:04:29 pm
It looked like we were.  That is the worst I have seen the hogs play, at least that I can remember.

Auburn last year
WPS!!!

LR_Matt

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on September 09, 2017, 09:01:06 pm

UK had the same record as us last year and went to a bowl closer to New Years.... just let that sink in for a bit. Year 5, baby! Glad we're in the west.... oh, wait.

moses_007

Yes, we are the worst team.  Even Kentucky and Vandy are better.

mboot

Nope. Mark my words, we will beat a team or 2 that we shouldn't and finish 6-6. The sunshine pumpers will come out in full force saying we have a young team. Bert will be here through next year because of the buy out.

We have better overall talent than 3 or 4 other SEC teams but we do absolutely nothing with it so its wasted.  There isn't a team in the SEC that couldn't beat us and likely would but there are 3 or 4 that we might beat if they threw in an assist or two along the way.

HogCzar1

Based on the first 2 weeks, yes. Without question.

Hawghiggs

Hawghiggs

We are on a downward spiral that can't be stopped. Because we don't have the coaching to actually stop it.  CBB may actually be worse than HDN. HDN was limited but actually good at what he knew to do. Which was run the ball. CBB is supposed to be good at that. But yet doesn't have the foresight to build toward it. In year 5. A true freshman shouldn't be starting on the O-line.  By now we should be able to platoon O-linemen in a wear a D-line out. But we can't. So yes. We could actually be the worse team in the SEC. Because we don't have an identity.

Iwastherein1969

I won't say that after one loss, even though it was God awful to watch. I do know one thing for sure about this team, the kicker is the worst in the SEC, maybe the worst in D1 football and certainly is the worst I've seen in my days as a Razorback fan which dates back to the latter 60's when I was 7 years old.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 10, 2017, 06:00:45 am
I won't say that after one loss, even though it was God awful to watch. I do know one thing for sure about this team, the kicker is the worst in the SEC, maybe the worst in D1 football and certainly is the worst I've seen in my days as a Razorback fan which dates back to the latter 60's when I was 7 years old.

Latter 60s?

October 1960: Mickey Cissell kicks a 22 yard field goal with 15 seconds left. Arkansas 24, Texas 23.
September 1959. Fred Akers kicks a field goal. Arkansas 3, TCU 0.

I agree with you 100%. I can forgive missing a game winning field goal, every kicker does that if he kicks enough. But two chip shots in perfect conditions? There's no reason to let Hedlund kick again and have Mazza on the bench. It's not fair to Blake Mazza until Mazza proves he's equally as bad.

TNRazorbacker

It's a close one with Missouri. We can't score they can't stop anyone. The Battle Line trophy may be the prize for the team that manages to get a W this year.

SoonerSooie

Quote from: popcornhog on September 09, 2017, 09:03:14 pm
We are pretty bad but I think Mizzou and Kentucky will be battling for that title. A&M might be in the mix, too. Then we are probably better than Ole Miss, too.

We're well in the bottom half it looks like, but I don't think quite at the cellar.

Not so sure about OM. (Kentucky maybe) I know they looked bad for a while, but their QB did throw for about 5 miles, and that does not bode well for us.