Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, Texas A&M...

Started by Ben, September 03, 2017, 07:37:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hoglady on September 03, 2017, 09:12:16 pm
If he comes out this year he will probably be the First QB taken and is projected to be a Top 5 pick.

Meh.

Elway and Cutler had losing records in college. Cutler won 11 games in his whole collegiate career.

UCLA is not a good team. That doesn't mean that aTm is not good, but Vanderbilt would probably put up a better fight.
This is my non-signature signature.

HiggiePiggy

They look good at running. They look terrible on passing. Force them to pass and we will see how they really are.  So that will be the goal. Stop the run. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 03, 2017, 08:44:10 pm
If we lose to these slugs again, I want Bielema gone the following morning.

Enough!!!

Go ahead and rent the UHAUL then. TAMU's line is superior to ours on both sides of the ball. Also better overall in skill positions. Only place we are better is at QB

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 03, 2017, 09:23:20 pm
They look good at running. They look terrible on passing. Force them to pass and we will see how they really are.  So that will be the goal. Stop the run. 

That's what they're saying about us.  Maybe A$M just isn't showing anything, since they don't have to.  Just like we supposedly did Thursday night.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on September 03, 2017, 09:26:09 pm
Go ahead and rent the UHAUL then. TAMU's line is superior to ours on both sides of the ball. Also better overall in skill positions. Only place we are better is at QB

You are almost certainly right, but the thing is, we've always been out talented by them, yet we've been able to go down to the wire.  Actually been the better team on the field a few times.  At some point, we're finally going to break thru.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

VBCHog

UCLA looks like FAMU west.

racinghog

Well well this game has certainly changed. A&M QB is hurt and being reported not in the stadium. UCLA keeping more people in to protect and 14 unanswered points.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: VBCHog on September 03, 2017, 09:29:30 pm
UCLA looks like FAMU west.

Lol.

FAMU might have better athletes lol
This is my non-signature signature.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: code red on September 03, 2017, 08:50:36 pm
7-5 will mean 9 or more in 2018 or else.  6-6 is the best I see.

Difficult to tell.  It has been posted on here (which means it may or may not be true) that he needs to win 18 games over this season and next season.

If he wins 7 season this season, and if the above is true, then he will need to win 11 games next season to get to that 18 win mark.  Him winning 11 games in 1 season is probably not going to happen here at Arkansas.

010HogFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 03, 2017, 09:29:20 pm
You are almost certainly right, but the thing is, we've always been out talented by them, yet we've been able to go down to the wire.  Actually been the better team on the field a few times.  At some point, we're finally going to break thru.
The only time they have beaten us with just their run game is when they had that freakish d-line. They have always gashed us with the pass. It's obvious to me watching this game that they can't pass.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 03, 2017, 08:41:19 pm
A$M looks very good no matter how good or bad UCLA is.  They're doing what a superior team should do.  This is them every first week of the season.  We will be underdogs like always, yet we've played them very tough regardless.  Have to find a way to get over the jump this time.

Exactly. 

What's up with UCLA laying points in this game?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 03, 2017, 09:32:11 pm
The only time they have beaten us with just their run game is when they had that freakish d-line. They have always gashed us with the pass. It's obvious to me watching this game that they can't pass.

Maybe, but we couldnt either.  Is it that we were onl sandbagging, but A$M is showing us the real A$M?

Now, if they're starting QB is out, then we definitely have no excuses.

010HogFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 03, 2017, 09:35:02 pm
Maybe, but we couldnt either.  Is it that we were onl sandbagging, but A$M is showing us the real A$M?

Now, if they're starting QB is out, then we definitely have no excuses.

The difference is, we know what AA can do. Mond and Starkel both looked awful passing the ball and UCLA is bad on defense. AA had a pretty decent game the other night and the real reason we are all carrying around torches is because we know how much better he can be.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 03, 2017, 09:22:59 pm
Meh.

Elway and Cutler had losing records in college. Cutler won 11 games in his whole collegiate career.

UCLA is not a good team. That doesn't mean that aTm is not good, but Vanderbilt would probably put up a better fight.

Come on.

Texas A&M jumped out on a 4-8 UCLA team 38-10 on the road at the Rose Bowl.

Arkansas was up by less than that at home against a 4-7 SWAC bottom feeder in Florida A&M.

Minimize A&M all you need to, but if this trend holds, Arkansas isn't going to beat A&M. If these two teams played their respective opening halves against each other, Arkansas would get throttled. The 1Q against Florida A&M was pretty bad.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

grayhawg

This may have something to do with that, they are about do again.

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Board/142/Contents/NCAA-Probation-Who-has-been-on-it-most-10728382

racinghog

Bubba's Bruisers

The dismissal of A&M is just epic.  But it's what we do.  Every year.  Then we lose.

That's not to say we won't win.  I think this year is maybe our best chance, but to seemingly suggest that A$M is practically an automatic win...?  It's awesome stuff.

lefty08

The ones overreacting to the fast start have to be overreacting to the collapse, right?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Tejano Jawg

Is A&M's line(s) getting a little tired? Or are they subbing in some number 2s?

In the first half, the UCLA offensive line couldn't get any push...all the Aggie LBs and DBs were coming in at full sprint making plays. No running game and Rosen getting blasted from every direction. Now they're acting like they have a little something.

The Ag's running game concerns me. Unless the UCLA defensive line is really weak. Interesting possession coming up.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Sweet Feet

So i hear the QB is out. That changes everything....

YtownHog

Don't ignore that UCLA spotted them 17 points off of turnovers and short fields.  Different game if they hold on to the ball.

Tejano Jawg

Mond misses a LOT of throws. But he can run a little bit.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: YtownHog on September 03, 2017, 09:51:43 pm
Don't ignore that UCLA spotted them 17 points off of turnovers and short fields.  Different game if they hold on to the ball.

That logic wouldn't apply if A$M was us instead.  Then it would be all about our great defense and how turnovers are part of the game, and so legitimizing our lead.  Not so for A$M Of course.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Sweet Feet on September 03, 2017, 09:48:04 pm
So i hear the QB is out. That changes everything....

Yeah now they are rolling with the dual threat and we are awful at defending them, historically. Hopefully, the 3-4 and Rhoads running the defense will make a difference.
Go away, batin'

010HogFan

This 2nd half is great film on how to slow down A&M on offense and attack them on defense.

YtownHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 03, 2017, 09:54:18 pm
That logic wouldn't apply if A$M was us instead.  Then it would be all about our great defense and how turnovers are part of the game, and so legitimizing our lead.  Not so for A$M Of course.

They do happen, not often that close to the endzone.  UCLA with one last chance to make this interesting.  Agree with many post here, even with some great WRs their passing game looks pedestrian.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: YtownHog on September 03, 2017, 09:57:08 pm
They do happen, not often that close to the endzone.  UCLA with one last chance to make this interesting.  Agree with many post here, even with some great WRs their passing game looks pedestrian.

But your point is to dismiss A$M's performance.  If that was us, no way you would make the same claims.

cosmodrum

TAMU is going to hang on, but they really want to give it to UCLA.
Go away, batin'

racinghog

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 03, 2017, 10:01:00 pm
TAMU is going to hang on, but they really want to give it to UCLA.

Maaaybe.

hogcard1964

A & M is in the process of choking.

YtownHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 03, 2017, 09:59:31 pm
But your point is to dismiss A$M's performance.  If that was us, no way you would make the same claims.

Man I'm not here to dismiss anything.  You're putting words in my mouth. Yes or no would this game be different had they not turned the ball over practically on the shadow of the goalpost twice.  I rarely post so you can't possibly know what I would say if we were doing this.

Bubba's Bruisers

Would love to see UCLA finish this.  Oh please.

Sweet Feet

Where's a Chris Berman Quote when you need it?????

luke hawg

I hope all you clowns are watching this game. This is what happens in college football to everyone now when 75-80 point games are the norm. 28 unanswered points!

Tejano Jawg

4 straight UCLA TDs. Where ya at now Aggie pass rush?

Arkansas Fan

Sumlin trying to pull a Bielema.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: YtownHog on September 03, 2017, 10:02:41 pm
Man I'm not here to dismiss anything.  You're putting words in my mouth. Yes or no would this game be different had they not turned the ball over practically on the shadow of the goalpost twice.  I rarely post so you can't possibly know what I would say if we were doing this.

Yes, it makes a big difference.  Turnovers win many, many games. It's why it's such an emphasis for any team.  It part of the game.  And if the Aggie QB doesn't get knocked out of the game, then it's unlikely UCLA is in a position to win the game.  But that's too bad, injuries are part of the game too.  Doesn't dismiss what UCLA has done to come back.

CFB_Fanatic

Good and fair point. However, I dont buy into the idea that a team is "due" a win. Every year and game stands alone, regardless of what happens previously. I liken that to flipping a coin.....every time you flip its 50/50. So even if it lands on heads 100 times in a row, you arent "due" for a tails. Its still 50/50

Not sure if thats what you are saying but Ive seen other posters make that claim

cosmodrum

How do we choke so bad against Sumlin? He is a walking gag reflex.
Go away, batin'

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 03, 2017, 10:05:37 pm

If only he'd do it when playing against Beliema.

Biggus Piggus

Usually, Sumlin's teams wait until the second half of the season to melt down, not the second half of the first game.
[CENSORED]!

sowmonella

They are turning blue because they are choking so bad. Pitiful effort.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

The_Iceman

PorkRinds

Love when threads like this happen and you can just sit back and wait for the epic collapse.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 03, 2017, 10:05:37 pm

They're (UCLA) going to pull it off.

rhames

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 03, 2017, 10:07:36 pm
Love when threads like this happen and you can just sit back and wait for the epic collapse.

Was just thinking the same thing.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Sweet Feet

TICK tick, TICK tick, TICK tick

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on September 03, 2017, 10:06:54 pm
Good and fair point. However, I dont buy into the idea that a team is "due" a win. Every year and game stands alone, regardless of what happens previously. I liken that to flipping a coin.....every time you flip its 50/50. So even if it lands on heads 100 times in a row, you arent "due" for a tails. Its still 50/50

Not sure if thats what you are saying but Ive seen other posters make that claim

Not saying we're due.  Just that we've continually been to to toe with them.  We're good enough to beat them.  No way we should be 0-5 the last 5 years.