Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, Texas A&M...

Started by Ben, September 03, 2017, 07:37:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsroll1200

Quote from: gchamblee on September 03, 2017, 10:54:13 pm
lol

Still top 3!

Better than Bret, Butch, Muschamp, Stoops etc.. Alot of unproven coaches in the SEC.

SPAL

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 03, 2017, 09:10:20 pm
If he's a top QB in the country then college football is in a sad, sad state

I love to look back on ridiculous posts. This is one for the ages as far as all time stupid posts go.

RD

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hogsanity on September 03, 2017, 11:00:41 pm
A&M boosters could come up with the buyout in a heartbeat if they want to.

It seems like I have read somewhere else that to buyout Sumlin, to buyout his Assistants, and to pay a new Head Coach and to pay the new Head Coach's Assistants would cost around $30 million to $35 million.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Birminghog on September 03, 2017, 10:36:56 pm
6+ ypc. Why did they stop running?

At halftime, their 2 big backs were averaging 9 and 6 per touch. I know their QB couldn't throw, but that doesn't mean you gotta keep calling passes hoping he'll hit one. The Ags were running the ball down their throat.

Also consider these halftime numbers—
Rush Yards: Texas A&M 286...UCLA 37
Total Yards: Texas A&M 352...UCLA 152
And the score: Texas A&M 38...UCLA 10

The Aggies could run the table and people are still going to be talking about this meltdown.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

010HogFan

Quote from: Mike_e on September 03, 2017, 10:25:05 pm
Kid looked pretty good to me.

I stand corrected. He looked incredibly pedestrian for 3 quarters and became a man on fire for the 4th. Respect.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 03, 2017, 11:30:20 pm
At halftime, their 2 big backs were averaging 9 and 6 per touch. I know their QB couldn't throw, but that doesn't mean you gotta keep calling passes hoping he'll hit one. The Ags were running the ball down their throat.

The Aggies could run the table and people are still going to be talking about this meltdown.

ahhh.. but you see the game is 4 quarters long... oh yes.. this is with UCLA coughing the ball up 3 times....

Total Yards
A&M - 471
UCLA - 554

Passing Yards
A&M - 89
UCLA - 491

Rushing Yards
A&M - 382
UCLA - 63
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Mo_Better_Hogs

The Ags were running the ball down their throat.

Their running game looked so nasty in the first half. If the Aggies had attempted one-third less passes in the second half, the clock alone might have won the game for them.

010HogFan

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on September 04, 2017, 12:17:35 am
Their running game looked so nasty in the first half. If the Aggies had attempted one-third less passes in the second half, the clock alone might have won the game for them.

when UCLA changed their defense to make A&M pass, it changed the game

Porkchop#1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 03, 2017, 11:12:30 pm
Still top 3!

Better than Bret, Butch, Muschamp, Stoops etc.. Alot of unproven coaches in the SEC.
Dead wrong..he's the worst coach at any of the big time college programs.  All these other guys you mentioned would coach circles around this clown.  Just no excuses for Sumlin or the Ags, they have every possible advantage.

Up 44-10 and lose?  And you're trying to defend that?  Lol! ;D Get real.

hoglady

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 03, 2017, 10:56:55 pm
Dang.  The first half was so bad I watched "Butterfield 8" on TCM.  Never seen it before, and I hate Elizabeth Taylor movies.  Can't believe there were 3 people in the country watching the second half.  Didn't look like UCLA could beat FAMU.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I watched every minute and couldn't really believe it.
I was still thinking UCLA would just make it respectable until they didn't and actually won it.
Aggies gave a clinic on how to blow a lead by using poor clock management coupled with poor play calling.

(with you on Liz Taylor movies - not a fan, but one of the most beautiful women to ever grace the big screen)
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Ben on September 03, 2017, 07:37:23 pm
Looks pretty darn good right now on both sides of the ball. We may have an issue with them again. Got to keep improving until then and knock off TCU

OOPS! Perhaps you should have started with one of your infamous Polls instead........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 03, 2017, 11:30:20 pm
It seems like I have read somewhere else that to buyout Sumlin, to buyout his Assistants, and to pay a new Head Coach and to pay the new Head Coach's Assistants would cost around $30 million to $35 million.

Aggies are kind of well off money wise........................still if true those are hard numbers to pay.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 03, 2017, 11:12:30 pm
Still top 3!

drugs will kill you, ya know... the first symptoms that you are going is a massive loss of brain cells......

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on September 04, 2017, 08:27:56 am
Dead wrong..he's the worst coach at any of the big time college programs.  All these other guys you mentioned would coach circles around this clown.  Just no excuses for Sumlin or the Ags, they have every possible advantage.

Who do you put ahead of Sumlin. I can see Malzahn.

Bret Bielema - 4 straight wins over Arkansas
Muschamp - Former coach at Florida. FLORIDA
McElwain - Have we seen a offense
Butch - Tennessee has elite talent but no rings in the SEC East
Smart- Orgeron- Unproven
Stoops- He's coaching Kentucky
Mason - He's coaching at Vandy
Odom - I haven't seen enough of this coach. Unproven

Inhogswetrust

They have great facilities now. So do a lot of others. They are in the middle of good recruiting areas. So are a lot of others. They can ONLY have a limited number of scholarships. The same number as everyone else. So they have a couple of advantages but not anymore than others AND they have NO advantage with the number of scholarships they can give out.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 04, 2017, 01:11:42 am
when UCLA changed their defense to make A&M pass, it changed the game

This was discussed at halftime (by the TV crew). And boy did it work. A&M managed a couple mini-drives and a couple field goals. Then...DONE.

And I should add...WE are going to get that same treatment. Probably starting this Saturday. Our running game will look strong early, and hopefully we'll get into the play-action pass game. If Austin hits some big ones, then our O will function the way it was designed.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Sweet Feet

The early concern i had for TAMU just vanished. its just another 50/50 game

bythelake

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 03, 2017, 08:44:10 pm
If we lose to these slugs again, I want Bielema gone the following morning.

Enough!!!

Man you need to lighten up.  You need to go to texags forum and see what stupidity really looks like.

Atlhogfan1

Sumlin's downfall will be the finesse spread.  I thought in the first half he had finally figured out what A&M should be - another version of LSU with better qb play.  Physical on offense with great skill players and speed and athleticism on defense.  But he couldn't stand just overpowering UCLA with those backs.  Look at what this program is doing to John Chavis.  College football in Texas overall has been hurt by what happened in the high schools with Briles and Todd Dodge and all of the finesse football. 

A&M still has a talented dangerous team if Sumlin can manage to not mess it up.  Hopefully he won't fall into the right decisions vs us. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 04, 2017, 05:13:06 pm
College football in Texas overall has been hurt by what happened in the high schools with Briles and Todd Dodge and all of the finesse football.

Interesting point. But you're right, everyone is still in love with these fast, spread-em-out offenses. I see 3 or 4 high school games a year in the Dallas area, and it's certainly alive and well.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 04, 2017, 10:03:32 pm
Interesting point. But you're right, everyone is still in love with these fast, spread-em-out offenses. I see 3 or 4 high school games a year in the Dallas area, and it's certainly alive and well.

I watched an 8th grade game last week in Fayetteville and both teams were running the spread, taking 100% of the snaps from the shotgun.  It was dreadful as the ball hit the ground on about every other snap.  But maybe it will produce some local talent at the WR and QB positions.

cosmodrum

Not sure if sarcastic, but he's 5-0 against the first coach he mentioned.
Go away, batin'

southeasthog

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 05, 2017, 01:49:27 am
Not sure if sarcastic, but he's 5-0 against the first coach he mentioned.

Why do all of you guys try to add Johnelle's season to Bielema?

ChicoHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 04, 2017, 05:13:06 pm
Sumlin's downfall will be the finesse spread.  I thought in the first half he had finally figured out what A&M should be - another version of LSU with better qb play.  Physical on offense with great skill players and speed and athleticism on defense.  But he couldn't stand just overpowering UCLA with those backs.  Look at what this program is doing to John Chavis.  College football in Texas overall has been hurt by what happened in the high schools with Briles and Todd Dodge and all of the finesse football. 

A&M still has a talented dangerous team if Sumlin can manage to not mess it up.  Hopefully he won't fall into the right decisions vs us. 
Great point.  I've said for the last few years that Sumlin is a great recruiter (or at least a very good recruiter) but a mediocre coach.  He hit the perfect storm of A&M joining the SEC, Manziel and the Heisman, and the Longhorns taking a fall.  Made his program the trendy place to go in Texas.  He has completely underachieved with the HS all stars he has recruited.  Texas HS football is the minor leagues for Big 12 football and the wide open, spread offenses.  Perfect for that league to recruit from texas as the players are all used to that type of system.  Meanwhile the big boy football is being played in the SEC and Big Ten at least on some of the teams. 

cosmodrum

Quote from: southeasthog on September 05, 2017, 08:45:44 am
Why do all of you guys try to add Johnelle's season to Bielema?

Whoops. 4. Sorry, that whole Bobby, Clownshoes, Bielema hire timeline is a bit blurred together to me.

And if by "you guys" meaning BB haters, I'm not one. Im just not very optimistic about us winning more than 6-7 games and I'm afraid BB may have already hit his ceiling here. Hope I'm wrong.
Go away, batin'

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

srange98

Quote from: factchecker on September 07, 2017, 08:05:17 pm
https://twitter.com/courshel/status/905942396831191040

Disgusting.

That's ridiculous. 

At first I saw that they put a return address and assumed it was fake.  But anyone dumb enough to send that letter might just be dumb enough to put a legit return address on it.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: srange98 on September 07, 2017, 10:13:58 pm
That's ridiculous. 

At first I saw that they put a return address and assumed it was fake.  But anyone dumb enough to send that letter might just be dumb enough to put a legit return address on it.

It's not postmarked so I'm thinking it's an internet fake...(the bar codes could have come from a laser printer)...

factchecker

September 08, 2017, 01:21:47 am #279 Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:33:54 am by factchecker
Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 08, 2017, 12:53:25 am
It's not postmarked so I'm thinking it's an internet fake...(the bar codes could have come from a laser printer)...

Internet fake by Coach Sumlin's wife?

Maybe you are right..... I just don't think his wife would go through the trouble of faking something like this.

You have to be naive to think coaches don't receive hate mail.  Coach Bielema and Jeff Long both receive garbage from our fans.  Most of their stuff is probably filled with insults related to Bielema's weight and Jeff Long being a "Yankee".  Look at the treatment Brandon Allen received from our fans.  It's not too far fetched to believe an idiotic fan would do something like this.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

The_Iceman

Quote from: factchecker on September 08, 2017, 01:21:47 am

Maybe you are right..... I just don't think his wife would go through the trouble of faking something like this.

You have to be naive to think coaches don't receive hate mail.  Coach Bielema and Jeff Long both receive garbage from our fans.  Most of their stuff is probably filled with insults related to Bielema's weight and Jeff Long being a "Yankee".  Look at the treatment Brandon Allen received from our fans.  It's not too far fetched to believe an idiotic fan would do something like this.

But why is it not postmarked?

With the outrage media right now, this is the perfect distraction to make your haters shut up and to get everyone on your side.

Something just doesn't smell right with this.

TrueBlue

What is the best way to SAVE your job when you know the inevitable is about to happen? Get sympathy from everyone.

What is the best modern day sympathy method? To be a victim. Especially a racial victim. (*See "Snowflake")

This could very well be a hoax. Might not have been by Sumlin's wife, but might be from someone "helping" Sumlin. Too many errors.

The "Sympathy Factor" certainly HAS saved more than one person's job in this world, regardless of who they were.

Anytime Yahoo Sports "breaks" a story like this, I have to question the motive. Yahoo Sports is much like ESPN.

hoglady

1 Potomac Dr is the address of the Houston Country Club / so I doubt the return address is legit.
No one could be dumb enough to use their real address.

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hog.goblin

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 08, 2017, 06:10:53 am
But why is it not postmarked?

With the outrage media right now, this is the perfect distraction to make your haters shut up and to get everyone on your side.

Something just doesn't smell right with this.

About 1/2 the mail I receive isn't postmarked.

PorkRinds

Quote from: factchecker on September 08, 2017, 01:21:47 am

Conspiracy theories for hate mail? Some want to deny racism exists so they go to crazy town to find arguments to support their preconceived notions.