Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by gdumont on 26 Jul 2017
  • The Razorback basketball team has added two quality mid-major teams to the 2017-18 schedule

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/arkansas-adds-mid-major-heavyweights-to-schedule/775299493
  • #2 by batmanfan on 26 Jul 2017
  • The smart scheduling continues.
  • #3 by razorhead94 on 26 Jul 2017
  • Wish they could get a big name game in Verizon and it would sell out especially on a Saturday.
  • #4 by onebadrubi on 26 Jul 2017
  • Troy and CSU bakersfield.  Neither really move the needle for me, and I'm not sure if they will really help our case come end of year.
  • #5 by Kevin McPherson on 26 Jul 2017
  • Troy and CSU bakersfield.  Neither really move the needle for me, and I'm not sure if they will really help our case come end of year.

Hogs already have their toughest non-con slate in years with the PK80 tourney in Portland, plus MN & OkSt at home, and a road game vs. Houston. These 2 teams had Top 60 RPI (CSU-Bakersfield) and Top 150 RPI (Troy) last year, so if they can both stay in the Top 150 this is very smart scheduling for NCAAT resume.
  • #6 by onebadrubi on 26 Jul 2017
  • Hogs already have their toughest non-con slate in years with the PK80 tourney in Portland, plus MN & OkSt at home, and a road game vs. Houston. These 2 teams had Top 60 RPI (CSU-Bakersfield) and Top 150 RPI (Troy) last year, so if they can both stay in the Top 150 this is very smart scheduling for NCAAT resume.

That is true. I guess Troy just sticks in my mind as being a cellar dweller for some reason.
  • #7 by gdumont on 26 Jul 2017

CSU-Bakersfield was in the NCAA Tournament two seasons ago and just went to the NIT Final 4. Troy had some down years, but they won the Sun Belt this past season and went to the NCAA Tournament. They aren't Kentucky, but they're the type of mid-major teams you want to schedule.
  • #8 by Dr. Starcs on 26 Jul 2017
  • I believe Rod Barnes former ole miss coach is at Bakersfield now.
  • #9 by Kevin McPherson on 26 Jul 2017
  • #10 by ArkansasI on 26 Jul 2017
  • CSU-Bakersfield was in the NCAA Tournament two seasons ago and just went to the NIT Final 4. Troy had some down years, but they won the Sun Belt this past season and went to the NCAA Tournament. They aren't Kentucky, but they're the type of mid-major teams you want to schedule.
    If they are as good as being advertised, sounds like we may not be guaranteed wins. Don't know what to think about that - might prefer watching teams we've heard of.
  • #11 by Atlhogfan1 on 26 Jul 2017
  • 3 of Bakersfield's top 4 scorers were seniors this past season.

• #12 by ErieHog on 26 Jul 2017
  • Excellent scheduling again.
  • #13 by Big Nasty 34 on 27 Jul 2017
  • Wish they could get a big name game in Verizon and it would sell out especially on a Saturday.

Because the LR game usually doesn't sell out?
  • #14 by Youngsta71701 on 27 Jul 2017
  • Hogs already have their toughest non-con slate in years with the PK80 tourney in Portland, plus MN & OkSt at home, and a road game vs. Houston. These 2 teams had Top 60 RPI (CSU-Bakersfield) and Top 150 RPI (Troy) last year, so if they can both stay in the Top 150 this is very smart scheduling for NCAAT resume.
    Come on man, you already know the deal. Any nonconference schedule Coach Mike Anderson is involved in will never and I mean never be good enough. ;)
  • #15 by BannerMountainMan on 27 Jul 2017
  • Come on man, you already know the deal. Any nonconference schedule Coach Mike Anderson is involved in will never and I mean never be good enough. ;)
    that's very true!!
  • #16 by NWAHog479 on 28 Jul 2017
  • Solid additions to what is already shaping out to be a solid schedule for us to make the tourney. Verizon usually sells out, so I don't see that being a problem this year with a couple Central Arkansas boys on the roster.
  • #17 by ricolacey on 29 Jul 2017

Thought: Unless Verizon has since added the necessary televised equipment to view games played in this arena what would be the purpose in scheduling a big name, the game wouldn't be televised
  • #18 by Jborohog09 on 29 Jul 2017
  • Thought: Unless Verizon has since added the necessary televised equipment to view games played in this arena what would be the purpose in scheduling a big name, the game wouldn't be televised

Unless ESPN or the SECN picked it up and brought their own equipment.
  • #19 by parallaxpig on 30 Jul 2017
  • Excellent scheduling again.

The schedule posted so far is pretty impressive.
  • #20 by hogsanity on 31 Jul 2017
  • I like these two games, but it is up to the opponents to do their part and have good seasons to make those games worth anything come ncaat time.
Pages:
Actions