Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE KODI AUGUSTUS DEBACLE

Started by JIHawg, July 06, 2006, 01:53:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

having signed 4 in '06, that put us up to 11 scholarship players (excluding cranford).  Who gets the axe?

Cyrus McGowan
Vincent Hunter
Charles Thomas

Tomhog™

Heath seems to be really sold on James Anderson signing with Arkansas.  There is no open slot for Kodi, unfortunately...

I sure hope Nate turns out to be a quality player.  I feel quite certain Kodi could have really contributed...

outlawhogeywells

it is evident by this poll that you know nothing about the team.....
McGowan was a freshMan...will be a force....
Thomas,,,,as said below is the hardest worker on the team
Hunter is the only one of the three that you could even think of letting off scholarship, but he is a hard worker.

if you are going to do a poll, list all the players.
why not McCurdy
Why not Townes
Why not Hill

riccoar

Check out Otis' column in the ADG today, what a doozy! 

Best line of the column:

"If this were a TV western, Heath and Euery would have white hats on and be the good guys."

Tomhog™

Quote from: riccoar on July 14, 2006, 05:33:58 am
   Check out Otis' column in the ADG today, what a doozy! 

Best line of the column:

"If this were a TV western, Heath and Euery would have white hats on and be the good guys."

Strike one up to the spin-meister...

39/4Life

Otis is one smart fellow, he should do us all a favor and have a gender reassignment and start a baking column for all the$hiiite he cooks up!

thahawg

I disagree with him when he says we would of lost Rakestraw if Tenn. and Mizzou offered. I think Nate would of held out for an offer.

bazzelsbolognaloaf

Otis better watch out what he says about folks in NWA wearing white hats...the ghost of Nolan's horse is not going to like that.  Also, why would we offer a 4 star recruit when we have two homegrown boys in which one is undersized and the other has recurring knee problems that we can waste scholarships on. 

The Pulse

bazzelsbolognaloaf

No one will get the axe.  And as for Nolan never doing that does it even matter?  The guy offered scholarships to Lee Wilson and Darnell Robinson not to mention Jason Jennings.  Before he got fired over half his team should have had their scholarships pulled.

bazzelsbolognaloaf

Heath has been an excellent recruiter so far so I'd have to say I think he knows what he's doing.  Though I do question the two springdale players --- one undersized and slow guard and a big man with recurring knee problems. 

As for Augustus who really knows what happened.  Who cares?  The kid is going to go somewhere and get a scholarship.  If we get the better player isn't that what we expect from Heath anyway? 

HogFanLR

I can tell you some others (so called close to the situation) are saying Kodi was not playing that hard and his AAU coach tried to press us as he felt we where becoming unsure. 

Now take that with a grain of salt..but that is what I was told (very 2nd hand-which means I am sure the story changed some from the source)  If remotely true then SH is doing what he should...with 2 schollies, going after the best player.  I am not sure I understand the critisism of SH recruiting.  This team looks loaded. 

diehardrbackfan

July 14, 2006, 10:27:45 pm #112 Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 06:37:43 pm by diehardrbackfan

Corkscrew Johnson

"If this were a TV western, Heath and Euery would have white hats on and be the good guys."  what vivid imagery.

i think the sentence preceding this one started "in my opinion..."

honestly i could not possibly care less about his 'opinion'.  i hate when he does this.  he makes no more sense than your average joe who calls in on DTS or posts on message boards.  the public would only care about his subjective view if he hadn't blown all his credibility with mystery recruits and premature commitment announcements.  and that happened years ago.  he has GOT to cut out all the first person narrative in his writings. 

mbgrulz

Quote from: The real Hogules on July 09, 2006, 06:19:47 pm
Hunter, McGowan, Thomas, are you serious?
The player that contributed the least (of the returning players), IMHO is McCurdy.
Yes, I know he was injured before he arrived and missed most of his Sr. year of basketball, but he produced less positive stats than any of the returners.
I'm not saying cut McCurdy, but the three you've mentioned make absolutely NO sense to me.
Maybe a soph-Jr. will ask for a release to go someplace else and start and play lots of minutes, as opposed to being burried on the Razorbacks depth chart.
yeah, lets axe a guard so we only have 2 left, real intellegent. the reason he put the PF's up there is because they are overcrowding our roster. hunter is so worthless its not even funny. i honestly dont know how someone could vote for anybody but VH given those 3. thomas is a 2 year veteran and he plays hard, and CM is a 6-9 4* recruit who showed a lot of promise in limited minutes last year. VH just does nothing for us.

i personally would not trade Vince hunter for an unknown frosh...that is if we get james anderson. we need SF's in the plural form, but im not willing to say kodi augustus would be worth tying up that schollie for 4 more years. i think we can get better in 08 or 09. 

hogsmaster

Quote from: mbgrulz on July 15, 2006, 11:13:01 pm
i honestly dont know how someone could vote for anybody but VH given those 3. thomas is a 2 year veteran and he plays hard, and CM is a 6-9 4* recruit who showed a lot of promise in limited minutes last year. VH just does nothing for us.

Not sure if I can pick whose scholarship to pull, but to say Hunter is worthless is unfair.  He came in against Florida, when we were struggling and about to get blown out in regular season, saved us.  His rebounding, scoring, and most importantly hustle helped ignite us in that win.  He played well against TN too in the next game (I may be wrong).  For a thin guy, he is not afraid to battle inside.

mbgrulz

joakim noah fouling out saved us. remember, he sat for most of the game with foul trouble. if he plays his usual minutes, we lose. i probably shouldnt use the word worthless, but i think we wouldnt miss him one bit if he were to disappear.