Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is the fan base united on Norvell?

Started by hogcards, December 04, 2017, 12:56:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

aloha_kid

Arkansas Fan

GuvHog

No they're not. The fan base won't be totally united behind any candidate but he would come closer to doing that than any other candidate. I still think he'll get the job.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

elviscat

Norvell, is the best hire that the UA could make. He will put an exciting product of the field and butts in the seats. He knows how to develop quarterbacks and has a great vision for his teams. He is a winner.

Arkansas Fan

Meanwhile, we're being led to believe the powers that be wanna hire Chad Morris, who got destroyed by Norvell.

Arkansas gonna Arkansas I guess.

Matt Burks

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on December 04, 2017, 06:16:34 pm
Meanwhile, we're being led to believe the powers that be wanna hire Chad Morris, who got destroyed by Norvell.

Arkansas gonna Arkansas I guess.
Yeah I don't understand that either unless it is some crazy thing that Sexton is up to. Hopefully Sexton works his magic and gets Norvell here. After the extensive research I did on him and watched the games, this coach is going to be loved a lot here for years. He really is the perfect fit.

Maddhog

Heard news out of Memphis about 30 minutes ago that we are nearing a deal with CMN.   Hope it's true but  not staking my life on it.   
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Dirty

Quote from: Maddhog on December 04, 2017, 06:35:08 pm
Heard news out of Memphis about 30 minutes ago that we are nearing a deal with CMN.   Hope it's true but  not staking my life on it.   

Make it so, #1

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Maddhog on December 04, 2017, 06:35:08 pm

I hope so but I wouldn't stake my life on anything Razorbacks sports. You will lose your life.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: hogcards on December 04, 2017, 12:56:09 pm
Seems like this is now the most logical choice.

Arkansas has been without a coach since Bret Bielema was fired on Nov. 24, shortly after falling to Missouri 48-45 to finish off a 4-8 (1-7 SEC) season. That vacancy remains open after the Hogs swung for the fences with a native son  .

One day after coaching in the SEC Championship Game, Auburn coach and Arkansas native Gus Malzahn agreed to stay with the Tigers. What's next for Arkansas? Sources told CBS Sports that contingency plans have been in place for some time, and the program is likely to turn to either Memphis coach Mike Norvell or SMU coach Chad Morris as its next priority.

Norvell led Memphis to a 10-2 record, won the AAC West and took UCF to double overtime in an AAC Championship Game for the ages on Saturday. The No. 19 Tigers will play Iowa State in the Liberty Bowl in Memphis on Dec. 30. Norvell's high-octane offense, success in the region and familiarity of the state of Arkansas during this time as a player (2001-05) and graduate assistant (2006) at Central Arkansas.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/arkansas-coaching-search-mike-norvell-chad-morris-lead-list-of-candidates/

uh, no

HoopS

Hogville is not and will not be united for any coach.

Just read.

I'll support whoever we hire. Most will.

Freebrd

Hogindasticks

Arkansas has been without a coach since Bret Bielema was fired on Nov. 24, shortly after falling to Missouri 48-45 to finish off a 4-8 (1-7 SEC) season. That vacancy remains open after the Hogs swung for the fences with a native son  .

One day after coaching in the SEC Championship Game, Auburn coach and Arkansas native Gus Malzahn agreed to stay with the Tigers. What's next for Arkansas? Sources told CBS Sports that contingency plans have been in place for some time, and the program is likely to turn to either Memphis coach Mike Norvell or SMU coach Chad Morris as its next priority.

Norvell led Memphis to a 10-2 record, won the AAC West and took UCF to double overtime in an AAC Championship Game for the ages on Saturday. The No. 19 Tigers will play Iowa State in the Liberty Bowl in Memphis on Dec. 30. Norvell's high-octane offense, success in the region and familiarity of the state of Arkansas during this time as a player (2001-05) and graduate assistant (2006) at Central Arkansas.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/arkansas-coaching-search-mike-norvell-chad-morris-lead-list-of-candidates/

Looks like we are united......NO!

shown006

Probably not ever going to get all Hog fans united on the new coach.  His connections to Central Arkansas may bother some.  I've been 100% on board....preferred Norvell over Gus.
WPS!

HotlantaHog

Will be united by anyone who wins at a high level. If he can do that, people will rally to his side.

Jimbob111

For a minute I thought I was reading a Robert Shields "article".
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

MJ2

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

synthartist69

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: synthartist69 on December 05, 2017, 11:22:57 am
NO
... we want Kiffin
actually that is factually untrue. There have been DOZENS of head-to-head polls with Norvell vs Kiffin and Norvell always wins by double digit margins in the landslide.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

a shady hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 05, 2017, 12:02:00 pm
actually that is factually untrue. There have been DOZENS of head-to-head polls with Norvell vs Kiffin and Norvell always wins by double digit margins in the landslide.
That is correct.