Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog Receivers Fuel Red Zone Turnaround

Started by Mike Irwin, November 14, 2015, 02:24:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Minutes after Alabama had shut out the Razorbacks 52-0 during Bret Bielema's first season at Arkansas he was asked by a reporter to explain a failed attempt at the end of the game to get his team on the scoreboard from just beyond the Tide's ten yard line.

"We had called play to a specific receiver," Bielema explained, "but he blew the route. In fact when BA (quarterback Brandon Allen) asked him about it he admitted he ran a route out of the playbook of the offensive coordinator from the previous staff."

Receivers coach Michael Smith can smile about those days now because the group he coaches has gone from being a major liability to the driving force behind Arkansas' sudden emergence as the hottest offense in the SEC.

"I know I've been doing this a long time," Smith said earlier this week. "When I've had good players I've been a pretty good football coach. You've got to take your hat off to our kids because they're going out there and they're working during the week and getting better and then they're going out and executing on Saturday."
-------------
To read more:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/hog-receivers-fuel-red-zone-turnaround